PDA

View Full Version : What other team does Favre want to play for??

MadtownPacker
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
If he just wanted out I think he works out a trade but he is insisting to be released. The way things are going I think he wants to go to minnesota for all the obvious reason.

RIPackerFan
07-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I could imagine Buccaneers a good landing spot - similar offense - close to home - Gruden.

MadtownPacker
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Damn, I knew there was a likely one I was missing. Added.

GBRulz
07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Why isn't there an option for the packers? I have no doubt while watching his interview that is the team he wants to be with.

That is the title of your poll at least...who does Favre WANT to play for.

digitaldean
07-14-2008, 10:08 PM
I sure got the tone that he is done in GB.

If McCarthy told him they've moved on, I am just assuming they wanted to be done with this vacillating that has been going on the past few years, plus they thought A-Rod needed to start.

MadtownPacker
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Why isn't there an option for the packers? I have no doubt while watching his interview that is the team he wants to be with.

This is kinda in response to tonight's interview. The situation has changed now.

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 10:13 PM
He wants to play in Green Bay
They do not want him in GB

My guess is he'd now like the opportunity to compete vs. GB so I'd say MN or TB

MJZiggy
07-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Saints. He can drive there from Hattiesburg...

PackerTimer
07-14-2008, 10:17 PM

Maybe now, but it certainly wasn't true at one time. He put himself in this position and really only has himself to blame.

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM

Maybe now, but it certainly wasn't true at one time. He put himself in this position and really only has himself to blame.

When in doubt, continue to play; if he didn't want to play come August announce it then and retire.

pbmax
07-14-2008, 10:22 PM
They aren't taking him over Brees, but they might over Delhomme. The Carolina rumors have been around for a while.

The LA papers had Cook shopping him the month after his retirement. I assumed since it was LA that meant Cardinals, 49ers, or Rams (old LA team). Can't see the Cardinals. Maybe 49ers or Rams?

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 10:25 PM
It's clear Favre wants to play
I just hope he does with somebody

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:08 AM
John Clayton reports that there is ZERO interest in Favre in the AFC.

I have a hunch that Favre is going to ride the Packers roster this fall, maybe as a starter, because the PAckers have no good options.

woodbuck27
07-15-2008, 12:20 AM

Of course he wants to remain in Green Bay. I felt his last game as a Packer was the Giants game. There was a lot more going on in that game and in preparation for that game then we'll ever learn. Something was bothering Brett Favre.

I otherwise havn't a clue what other team he's suit up with as it's getting late and so close to TC and he always said he didn't want to try to learn another system.

I pray he retires. :idea:

mmmdk
07-15-2008, 02:27 AM
I think Favre wants to play for the Packers but he's more than ready to move on.

I think he wants to play in the NFC - I think it's still the easiest way to a SB. Vikings must be his wish then; to stick it to TT/MM? All speculation though and I have a hard time believing Favre will be a Viking.

Bucs and Panthers are obvious choices but are Panthers contenders? Ravens and Dolphins are long shots.

cpk1994
07-15-2008, 06:41 AM
I think Favre wants to play for the Packers but he's more than ready to move on.

I think he wants to play in the NFC - I think it's still the easiest way to a SB. Vikings must be his wish then; to stick it to TT/MM? All speculation though and I have a hard time believing Favre will be a Viking.

Bucs and Panthers are obvious choices but are Panthers contenders? Ravens and Dolphins are long shots.ITs impossible to believe that Favre will be a Viking becuase TT won't release him for that very reason.

woodbuck27
07-15-2008, 06:43 AM
If he just wanted out I think he works out a trade but he is insisting to be released. The way things are going I think he wants to go to minnesota for all the obvious reason.

That's not unrealistic given Favre's ''don't get in my face'' way Mad. Yet doesn't that seem a little too Hollywood?

Good Golly Miss Molly. Wouldn't the media eat that up. HIGH DRAMA indeed. :D

The Leaper
07-15-2008, 07:56 AM
He clearly wants to go to Minnesota. He wants to prove Thompson wrong, and you can't really blame him for that.

sheepshead
07-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I just found this tid-bit:

ESPN's John Clayton says Packers GM Ted Thompson won't trade Brett Favre to an NFC team.
That would severely limit Thompson's options, as the five best fits may all be in his conference. The St. Petersburg Times also reports that Tampa isn't high on Favre's list because it's "too hot." Which seems odd. With the Jets and Ravens indicating they don't have interest, it's hard to find a fit in the AFC. Jul. 15 - 10:02 am et

The Leaper
07-15-2008, 10:07 AM
I agree with Clayton. Thompson isn't going to trade Favre to an NFC team...but that is really the only place where a trade makes any sense.

So, Thompson will not deal Favre...because he won't get anything of value for him and he will forever be branded in Green Bay as the guy who traded Favre for peanuts.

The Packers have put all their chips on the notion that Favre will not want to come to camp and will remain retired. If that doesn't happen...Thompson will risk destroying the locker room and the team because of his stubbornness.

Neither side seems willing to do what it takes to fix this mess. What a disaster.

Kiwon
07-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Neither side seems willing to do what it takes to fix this mess. What a disaster.

IMHO, there is still a short window of time to solve this thing starting largely with Brett making some concessions and neither side saying anything too harmful to the other. If it goes on much past the start of training camp then it likely will have reached a point of no return.

A mess, a disaster pretty well sums it up. :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 11:00 AM

IMHO, there is still a short window of time to solve this thing starting largely with Brett making some concessions and neither side saying anything too harmful to the other. If it goes on much past the start of training camp then it likely will have reached a point of no return.

A mess, a disaster pretty well sums it up. :roll:

They can patch it up.

DonHutson
07-15-2008, 11:44 AM
You can make a good argument that he might want to play for the Vikings, but that won't happen.

Tampa Bay seems like a good compromise for everybody. Not in the AFC, but not in the NFC North. Not a Super Bowl favorite, but a playoff caliber team. They don't play the Packers twice, but they get to play them once (if that means anything to Favre) and that game is in Tampa (which should be preferable for the Packers). Favre has a connection to the coaching staff. Tampa has some assets the Packers could use. The Buccs seem to be one of the teams that's rumored to have some interest. Tampa is pretty close to Mississippi.

I'm sure Ted would prefer a trade to the AFC, but I'm also sure he doesn't want to deal with Favre in camp. I'm sure Favre wants to control his own destiny, but the reality is that if he wants to go to camp with his new team then he needs to play ball with the Packers on a trade. This makes the most sense for all involved.

Freak Out
07-15-2008, 12:10 PM
If he is not going to be playing in GB I would like to see him in Arizona. Why not? Is Warner still even on the Roster? Leinart could back him up for a year and get a SB ring while doing it. :lol: