PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Deadline

Bossman641
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Discuss

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Ya... mini camps dont mean a thing to a player that has played the game as long as he has.. they are to get fundamentals down and learned for the younger guys who are not as crisp

pbmax
07-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I vote yes, because if that was the deadline and he abided by it, what complaint do we have?

I would have voted no if the question was "Is training camp a practical date for deciding whether or not to play this season?"

PackerTimer
07-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I vote yes, because if that was the deadline and he abided by it, what complaint do we have?

I would have voted no if the question was "Is training camp a practical date for deciding whether or not to play this season?"

Agree. I would be cool if they give him that deadline and he lived by it. If he expected it or felt he deserved it, I would have voted a big HELL NO!

What if they give him that deadline and he decides in August to retire. Right from the get go he was putting the Packers in a awful position.

BF4MVP
07-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Yep.

Joemailman
07-14-2008, 10:45 PM

Agree. I would be cool if they give him that deadline and he lived by it. If he expected it or felt he deserved it, I would have voted a big HELL NO!

What if they give him that deadline and he decides in August to retire. Right from the get go he was putting the Packers in a awful position.

Having Favre retire in August would have created less upheaval than what is going on right now. Inserting ARod into the starting lineup in August would not have been that difficult. There did not have to be a deadline. Just say that you expect that Brett will be the starting quarterback unless Brett says otherwise.

Bretsky
07-14-2008, 10:53 PM

Having Favre retire in August would have created less upheaval than what is going on right now. Inserting ARod into the starting lineup in August would not have been that difficult. There did not have to be a deadline. Just say that you expect that Brett will be the starting quarterback unless Brett says otherwise.

Makes too much sense ; knowing the time was limited drafting Brohm would still have been a good idea

Lurker64
07-14-2008, 11:59 PM
An "until Training Camp" deadline is ridiculous, especially considering that McCarthy installs the offense in Mini-Camp.

I would have been okay with Favre making his decision any point before mini-camp, but after that it's too late.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:01 AM
An "until Training Camp" deadline is ridiculous, especially considering that McCarthy installs the offense in Mini-Camp.

Absolutely.

This poll implies that the team had the option of waiting until training camp. IF that were true, then sure, of course you take him back.

This is an Alice in Wonderland Poll - if the sky were made of licorice would you take a bite?

Bossman641
07-15-2008, 12:07 AM

Absolutely.

This poll implies that the team had the option of waiting until training camp. IF that were true, then sure, of course you take him back.

This is an Alice in Wonderland Poll - if the sky were made of licorice would you take a bite?

Yea, I fucked up the poll.

I meant to create more of a "Is a training camp deadline acceptable" poll.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:10 AM
ok, ya, that would be an interesting poll. but i think most people realize that it would be really hard for a team to wait that long.

Bossman641
07-15-2008, 12:20 AM

Absolutely.

http://www.robotsandwrestlers.com/wp-content/uploads/caray6.0.jpg

"It's a simple question Doctor. Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?"