PDA

View Full Version : Signed Draft picks

arcilite
07-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Do we even have any?

I was out of town for a while, and was not able to keep up.

And its just 2 weeks way from TC.

Brando19
07-14-2008, 10:41 PM
No. We're one of seven teams to not sign any picks yet. But I read on a site it's getting ready to heat up between the Pack and the picks.

arcilite
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
I hope this Favre drama does not take away time spent negotiating

Pacopete4
07-14-2008, 10:44 PM
It really doesnt sound like TT/MM have taken any time in dealing with the Favre issue and thats probably why its a complete mess now... both sides are childish and stupid IMO

mmmdk
07-15-2008, 02:33 AM
I hope this Favre drama does not take away time spent negotiating

It's safe to say that it does; will it factor in is another matter though.

Lurker64
07-15-2008, 02:49 AM
I think the idea is that "every time they sign a draft pick, they have to figure out which player on the roster to cut". Considering how small Training Camp rosters are this year, there's a considerable incentive to waiting until the last minute to signing your draft picks. Players who are "on the bubble" are still likely trying to impress the coaches, and every data point helps.

That's likely also why there Ryan Grant deal is taking so long, since every day that he's not signed is another day that they can evaluate some young camp body a little more intensively. I think this is similar to how Ted rotates the Practice Squad guys to do intensive scouting.

falco
07-15-2008, 05:44 AM
I think the idea is that "every time they sign a draft pick, they have to figure out which player on the roster to cut". Considering how small Training Camp rosters are this year, there's a considerable incentive to waiting until the last minute to signing your draft picks. Players who are "on the bubble" are still likely trying to impress the coaches, and every data point helps.

That's likely also why there Ryan Grant deal is taking so long, since every day that he's not signed is another day that they can evaluate some young camp body a little more intensively. I think this is similar to how Ted rotates the Practice Squad guys to do intensive scouting.

I thought they've been keeping 1 roster spot open for Grant pretty much the entire offseason - thats why they've been at 79 players instead of 80