PDA

View Full Version : New Members - What do you think of the forums?

Partial
06-08-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm just curious as to what everyone thinks of these forums and how they heard about them as the forums are growing at a very high rate right now.

Me, well, I was looking for a place to kill time last summer at work, so I joined the JSO football forums. From there, I was hooked. For starters, it was a great way to kill time at first, but from there I gained a ton of football knowledge, and met a lot of good friends. As some of the members of JSO branched off to here, I joined up over here as well.

I post on both boards, but these have a ton more traffic.

So how about you guys? There are tons of newer members that I don't know, and I feel I should get to know you guys.

red
06-08-2006, 04:54 PM
i was at JSO for a year or so, until it just started getting stupid. there were days when you logged in and there would be 20 pages of bullshit threads, and other days where all the good threads were hyjacked and you couldn't even read them anymore. the last straw for me was when GBM got all her personal info posted. i stuck around for about a week until someone mentioned packerchatters. i checked it out and joined right away. its a good site, and for the most part i like it, a lot of good posters there. but then theres all the rumors and inside info and all the rumor groupies. sometimes it seems like theres more people with inside info then there are employees of the packers. on draft day it was really slow over there, so i started to wander again, and somehow found this place and noticed its all my old friends from JSO. so i lurked for awhile. once i had enough of the what i absolutely see has bs insider info and the folks that defend them like crazy, i made the jump over here.

i still like the site and look at it and post there every now and then, but its nice to have a little change every once in awhile

Partial
06-08-2006, 04:55 PM
You were one of my favorite posters at JSO, glad you made the jump here!

red
06-08-2006, 04:57 PM

really? thanks

you must have been very drunk, a lot

CaptainKickass
06-08-2006, 05:35 PM
****Originally posted on May 25th 2006****

I've been reading this site for a few weeks now as well as packerchatters (who are mysteriously NOT accepting new members at this time) and figured I'd at least pop in and say hi to all you whose names I recognize but have never met.

I've had an account on JSO since '04 but rarely post for some of the same reasons everyone else gave but mostly because I enjoy reading up on the Pack and then amazing my friends with my in depth knowledge of my team and thereby making me look like I'm an amazingly dedicated fan and making them look like lesser fans of their own team. Then I tell 'em that that's how everybody is back in WI.

The Dr.'s tell me I might have a superiority complex, but I think it's merely an addiction to football.

I grew up in WI but now live in the Seatlle area - there are tons of transplants from other states and lots of fair weather fans. I go to a local sports bar to catch the noon Packer games at 10am with a breakfast and bloody mary special and several other Cheeseheads. There's even some kinda club out here for Packer fans.

Anyway - thanks for the entertainment and please keep writing.

****Update - I finally got log in credentials for packerchatters but have yet to post****

I do love this forum. Cool people, good info, united under Green and Gold

CaptainKickass
06-08-2006, 05:36 PM
I just realized something else -

I've never seen anyone quote themselves before. I certainly can't be the first but it sure doesn't happen very often - huh?

:mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: :D

Badgepack
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Being on this forum is like hanging out with the cool kids at school.

Partial
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Lol, its not too often someone quotes themselves!

Regardless, it's great to have you here. Even though you havent contributed much in the past, I am sure you'll fit it great here!

CaptainKickass
06-08-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm also quite curious to know how many are here from JSO and how many have new screen names. I recognize a bunch (20 or so) but there's others who post with familiar styles who's names I do not recognize.

Anyone care to volunteer their old JSO name and associate it with their 'rats name?

hurleyfan
06-08-2006, 07:53 PM
I'm also quite curious to know how many are here from JSO and how many have new screen names. I recognize a bunch (20 or so) but there's others who post with familiar styles who's names I do not recognize.

Anyone care to volunteer their old JSO name and associate it with their 'rats name?
Cap'n
I came over from JSO with the same "name". Member there since 2004 I guess, I liked the Packer chat, there was some good info and opinions. Then the bullshit / hacking / "I'm gonna kill you" shit started! So I go to the C-E site, and next thing you know, there's more of the samo bullshit / hacking / "I'm gonna kill you" shit on that site! WTF?? All's I want is some Packer chat / info, and what do I get? Soap opera!

So I follow invites to this site, and appreciate the offer, hoping to get Packer chat / info and some other variations and for the most part, has been nice! I don't get lots of online time due to work, but I keep plugging away, hoping to become a trusted & respected member (don't always feel that way though).

Partial
06-08-2006, 10:13 PM
hurley, why don't you always feel trusted and respected? is there any thing some fellow members and people that were here before you can do to improve on this? i've been here pretty much to the beginning and want to make myself open to everyone's opinion (except Nick Collins :lol: just kidding Nick, even though we don't always agree we do it respectfully) and be willing to accept people with open arms, if I can improve on this, I would sincerely appreciate the construction criticism because those are skills that are helpful throughout life.

HarveyWallbangers
06-08-2006, 10:44 PM

My name was HarlanHuckleby on the JSO site.

Harlan Huckleby
06-09-2006, 12:14 AM
you fucker.

Bretsky
06-09-2006, 01:06 AM

really? thanks

you must have been very drunk, a lot

You were one of my favorite posters too Red....and fwiw I just got home and I am a bit drunk..........althought I wasnt' when I read your posts in JS

RashanGary
06-09-2006, 01:09 AM
I agree...This is a damn gay love fest for Red but he was one of my favs too....

Scott Campbell
06-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Being on this forum is like hanging out with the cool kids at school.

Have you met Harlan yet?

red
06-09-2006, 06:28 AM
god damn, you guys sure know how to boost someones ego. thanks

AtlPackFan
06-09-2006, 08:25 AM
So how about you guys? There are tons of newer members that I don't know, and I feel I should get to know you guys.

I came from JSO when the difference-of-opinion arguments became personal attacks. I saw a reference to this site there and made the leap. To me Packer Rats embodies what a forum should be.

I'm not a big poster...I usually get online, read through everyone's posts and log off. I guess you would call me a Periphery Rat! :wink: I have to say I feel like a first grader amongst college professors with regard to football knowledge so most of my posts are to the Romper Room Forum. In the Packer and other sports forums I usually just read and absorb.

Deputy Nutz
06-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Well Murphy and I had and incident or two on JSO, and then you throw in SkinBasket. Well I didn't realize that the sheep was Mike Davis's(what the fuck was he doing with the sheep anyways?). He didn't like that too much and poor SkinBasket took the fall. Murphy felt really bad.

woodbuck27
05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
I was just looking over some older threads in Romper Room and we've lost a few members that were once here a lot.

Wondering where they went?

ie Where's RetailGuy? Mazzin?

Deputy Nutz
05-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Mazzin got run out of here for being a prego, an unmarried prego and we just can't have that here.

red
05-06-2008, 09:04 PM
holy hell, i've been here 2 years? i thought it was just one

i could have sworn it was last years draft where i made the jump

HarveyWallbangers
05-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I was just looking over some older threads in Romper Room and we've lost a few members that were once here a lot.

RetailGuy was here last year talking about what a screw-up Ted Thompson was. Once, the Packers went 14-4, he didn't posted much. He did come back briefly to admit he may have been wrong or something.

Some others just disappeared. Some have trickled back, but not many have said they might have been wrong on ole Ted.

MJZiggy
05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
It was quite a contentious discussion last year wasn't it?

red
05-06-2008, 09:35 PM

RetailGuy was here last year talking about what a screw-up Ted Thompson was. Once, the Packers went 14-4, he didn't posted much. He did come back briefly to admit he may have been wrong or something.

Some others just disappeared. Some have trickled back, but not many have said they might have been wrong on ole Ted.

i thought i just saw RG on here like a week ago

maybe for the draft?

but no, he hasn't been around much

MJZiggy
05-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Ya know, people do get busy sometimes...

Iron Mike
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Ya know, people do get busy sometimes...

And when's the last time you "got busy?" :wink:

MJZiggy
05-06-2008, 09:42 PM
I have 3 deadlines coming up before the end of the month...

MJZiggy
05-06-2008, 09:46 PM
HOLY SHIT!!! I have 3 deadlines coming up before the end of the month!!

Bretsky
05-06-2008, 10:00 PM

I will say I "might" have been wrong HW :lol:
If we win a title then I'll say I was wrong

BTW, I miss Mazzin

Bretsky
05-06-2008, 10:01 PM

You must be kind of old not recognizing the terminology of "got busy"
Now go "get busy"

Partial
05-06-2008, 10:05 PM

Now go "get busy"

My thoughts exactly. With an added twist though. Hop to it. Get it done in a week. Then take it easy.

MJZiggy
05-06-2008, 10:06 PM

Now go "get busy"

I was playin'! What do you people want from me? I'm in the middle of a divorce for cripes sakes!! You think I'm gettin' any?

Bretsky
05-06-2008, 10:07 PM

Now go "get busy"

I was playin'! What do you people want from me? I'm in the middle of a divorce for cripes sakes!! You think I'm gettin' any?

B.O.B.

Partial
05-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Nice.

MJZiggy
05-06-2008, 10:09 PM

Now go "get busy"

My thoughts exactly. With an added twist though. Hop to it. Get it done in a week. Then take it easy.

Some deadlines take longer than others, P.

MadtownPacker
05-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Mazzin got run out of here for being a prego, an unmarried prego and we just can't have that here.We though you where worried about her going after you for child support.

Freak Out
05-07-2008, 01:42 AM
HOLY SHIT!!! I have 3 deadlines coming up before the end of the month!!

:lol:

the_idle_threat
05-07-2008, 09:09 AM

I think they ran off together. It was obvious the attraction between them was undeniable.

Deputy Nutz
05-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Mazzin got run out of here for being a prego, an unmarried prego and we just can't have that here.We though you where worried about her going after you for child support.

What are you the Ethical Treatment of Prego Women?

Iron Mike
05-07-2008, 01:56 PM

Now go "get busy"

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/HumptyHump.jpg
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.

MadtownPacker
05-07-2008, 02:00 PM

What are you the Ethical Treatment of Prego Women?If that is what it takes for you to get stuck with the 18 year bill Im down with it.

Zool
05-07-2008, 02:07 PM

Now go "get busy"

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/HumptyHump.jpg
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom.

I'm crazy
Allow me to amaze thee
they say i'm ugly but it just dont phase me

MadtownPacker
05-07-2008, 02:14 PM
I'll still bump that sheeze today.

"do the humpty dance
here's your chance,
to do the hump..."

Iron Mike
05-07-2008, 02:15 PM
And My Sound's Laid Down By The Underground (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-jVU5Lqxx0)

LL2
05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
i was at JSO for a year or so, until it just started getting stupid. there were days when you logged in and there would be 20 pages of bullshit threads, and other days where all the good threads were hyjacked and you couldn't even read them anymore. the last straw for me was when GBM got all her personal info posted.

I remember when that happened to GBM. Was it Joe Lawyer that did it? I hope someone beat his ass for doing that!

I got the boot over at JSO for putting up avatars of women wearing next to nothing. It was pretty much anarchy over at JSO so I was trying to see how much I could get away with by putting up nude avatars. I know better than to do that here. Madtown would have his gringo's on the south side of Chicago beat the crap out of me.

red
05-07-2008, 02:31 PM
i was at JSO for a year or so, until it just started getting stupid. there were days when you logged in and there would be 20 pages of bullshit threads, and other days where all the good threads were hyjacked and you couldn't even read them anymore. the last straw for me was when GBM got all her personal info posted.

I remember when that happened to GBM. Was it Joe Lawyer that did it? I hope someone beat his ass for doing that!

I got the boot over at JSO for putting up avatars of women wearing next to nothing. It was pretty much anarchy over at JSO so I was trying to see how much I could get away with by putting up nude avatars. I know better than to do that here. Madtown would have his gringo's on the south side of Chicago beat the crap out of me.

yeah, i'm pretty sure mad would only allow nude guys in avatars

he seems like he swings that way

sheepshead
05-09-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm having fun, had to fend off a few unfair attacks, but I'm here. Not as many knuckleheads as on JSO. I see them on a few other sites and I'm glad they haven't found their way over here.

GrnBay007
05-10-2008, 08:02 PM
In case you haven't heard.......

ET will be on Nick at Night on 5/16/08!!

I love that movie!!!!!! :D

GrnBay007
05-10-2008, 08:08 PM
LOL oops!! meant to post that in what's new and exciting in your life thread. :oops:

....too much air....was at a track meet most of the day :P

red
05-10-2008, 08:09 PM
how bout that emoticon now mad?

GrnBay007
05-10-2008, 08:10 PM

HUSH!!

and in case you don't know what HUSH means, it's the polite way of saying STFU!! :D

:P

Bretsky
05-10-2008, 09:20 PM

Seconded