PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Bus Cook's roll in this is?

sheepshead
07-15-2008, 06:54 AM
I think it's huge. Brett is the furthest thing from a business man as you'll ever see. Anyone recall the story Deanna tells about how Brett was given a personal check to pay his trainer and Brett put his name in the pay to spot and crossed stuff out and messed it up beyond recognition?

Anyway, Cooks job is to be the intermediary between the player and team at some level. As Brett said, ask any vet if he's ready to make a sound decision in March and he'll likely say no. I think Bus Cook is the real fall guy here and has failed his client miserably. He should be very in touch with Brett as an emotional guy and should be having side bar conversations with TT and Brett. I know I didnt think for a minute that he would stay retired watching that presser on March 6 and Cook should have seen that also.

woodbuck27
07-15-2008, 07:03 AM
I think it's huge. Brett is the furthest thing from a business man as you'll ever see. Anyone recall the story Deanna tells about how Brett was given a personal check to pay his trainer and Brett put his name in the pay to spot and crossed stuff out and messed it up beyond recognition?

Anyway, Cooks job is to be the intermediary between the player and team at some level. As Brett said, ask any vet if he's ready to make a sound decision in March and he'll likely say no. I think Bus Cook is the real fall guy here and has failed his client miserably. He should be very in touch with Brett as an emotional guy and should be having side bar conversations with TT and Brett. I know I didnt think for a minute that he would stay retired watching that presser on March 6 and Cook should have seen that also.

Sound observation. What is an agent for but to act for the client and seperate emotions.

The Leaper
07-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Bus Cook doesn't impress me as being a high end agent...and IMO that is hurting Brett Favre a lot right now. He isn't getting great advice or counsel from Cook.

sheepshead
07-15-2008, 08:07 AM
Plus the fact the he represents Moss as well, anyone else see a pattern here?

cpk1994
07-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Plus the fact the he represents Moss as well, anyone else see a pattern here?Exactly. Cook has a personal hatred of TT becuase of the non-aquisition of Moss. He has let personal animosity get in the way of doing the job Brett hired him to do.

woodbuck27
07-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Plus the fact the he represents Moss as well, anyone else see a pattern here?Exactly. Cook has a personal hatred of TT becuase of the non-aquisition of Moss. He has let personal animosity get in the way of doing the job Brett hired him to do.

Your one sicko puppy. A LOT you post is of distain and reproachful, hateful garbage. How does a young man end up like you cpk1994? That really concerns me.

cpk1994
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM

Your one sicko puppy. A LOT you post is of distain and reproachful, hateful garbage. How does a young man end up like you cpk1994? That really concerns me.Look asshat, Bus Cook was pissed off at TT for not getting Moss FACT. That animopsity is leading to what he is doing now. Why don't you quit sucking Favres dick and get back to reality with the rest of us. I am done responding to an assclown like you.

Zool
07-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Moss used the Packers to get to NE. Moss specifically said in an interview "the only team I would consider renegotiating my contract for is the Patriots". This has been hashed out over and over. Moss was not coming to GB.

sheepshead
07-15-2008, 01:18 PM
My point in this wasnt necessarily a Moss thread again. It was more to the point that Cook has a responsibility here and I think he has failed miserably.

Bossman641
07-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Moss used the Packers to get to NE. Moss specifically said in an interview "the only team I would consider renegotiating my contract for is the Patriots". This has been hashed out over and over. Moss was not coming to GB.

Nice try, but logic and fact do not work with the "TT is the devil" believers.

Zool
07-15-2008, 01:20 PM

Nice try, but logic and fact do not work with the "TT is the devil" believers.

Well damnit I still have to try. Maybe Brett could read the articles that have Moss saying he wanted to go to NE too so he can stop bringing it up?

cpk1994
07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
My point in this wasnt necessarily a Moss thread again. It was more to the point that Cook has a responsibility here and I think he has failed miserably.RIght. I was simply pointing out why Cook has a motive against TT re: Moss and why Cook has personal animosity against TT.

sheepshead
07-15-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm with ya.

PackerBlues
07-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Actually, Moss also said that when he talked to Thompson about coming to GB, he didn't care for what Thompson had to say, such as "Driver is our guy, do not step on his toes", and "we need to have assurances that you are going to be a good boy and not embarrass us."

Moss said that after talking to Thompson the one time, he had heard enough to know that he didn't want to talk to him again.

In other words, Thompson does not know how to deal with star players, and will probably never bring one to GB. His commitment to treating every player exactly the same, highlights that fact, as does his treatment of Brett Favre.

HarveyWallbangers
07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
It's easy to blame Bus (and I have), but he works for Brett. I'm sure Bus is just relaying Brett's thoughts. I think the bigger problem is the communication Brett is getting from those around him. It sure seems like his brothers and his other cronies read every rumor, believe them, and relay them to Brett as if they were fact. I think a lot of miscommunication may have come about because of this.

Deputy Nutz
07-15-2008, 01:51 PM

Your one sicko puppy. A LOT you post is of distain and reproachful, hateful garbage. How does a young man end up like you cpk1994? That really concerns me.Look asshat, Bus Cook was pissed off at TT for not getting Moss FACT. That animopsity is leading to what he is doing now. Why don't you quit sucking Favres dick and get back to reality with the rest of us. I am done responding to an assclown like you.

"Asshat" is the copyrighted material of Skinbasket, failure to use term without permission may lead to legal troubles from the offending party.

Deputy Nutz
07-15-2008, 01:53 PM

I think Favre has always viewed Bus as a type of father figure watching over his finances and other parts of his life. When Big Irv passed on, I think Bus has had even more impact on the decisions made by Brett Favre. What those decisions are I can't say but I also won't disagree with some of the speculation in this thread either.

HarveyWallbangers
07-15-2008, 01:56 PM
"Asshat" is the copyrighted material of Skinbasket, failure to use term without permission may lead to legal troubles from the offending party.

I did a search (thinking I might have been the first to use the term "asshat"), and it was actually GoPackGo who used the term first.
:D

Deputy Nutz
07-15-2008, 01:58 PM

I did a search (thinking I might have been the first to use the term "asshat"), and it was actually GoPackGo who used the term first.
:D

It doesn't matter who uses it first, it is who takes the time to pay a copyright attorney. Like Bruce Buffer did, "Lets get ready to Rumble...."

Freak Out
07-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Actually, Moss also said that when he talked to Thompson about coming to GB, he didn't care for what Thompson had to say, such as "Driver is our guy, do not step on his toes", and "we need to have assurances that you are going to be a good boy and not embarrass us."

Moss said that after talking to Thompson the one time, he had heard enough to know that he didn't want to talk to him again.

In other words, Thompson does not know how to deal with star players, and will probably never bring one to GB. His commitment to treating every player exactly the same, highlights that fact, as does his treatment of Brett Favre.

I had never heard those comments about a Moss/TT meeting.

Bossman641
07-15-2008, 02:13 PM

I remember the comments. I don't know if TT ever commented on them, but Moss spoke up about it. It sounded like TT was just making sure that Randy knew that Driver was the #1 WR, I don't know if he meant performance wise or leadership wise. That's about all I remember of it though.

vince
07-15-2008, 02:16 PM
As I recall it reported, McCarthy was the one who made those comments, not Thompson.

Gunakor
07-15-2008, 02:19 PM

He seems to be developing plenty of star players from within the organization. And he sure didn't have any problems bringing in Charles Woodson to GB and making him happy to be here. I think he knows very well how to deal with star players, and he has brought many to Green Bay already. He's treating Favre like a spoiled 6 year old child when he doesn't get his way, and rightly so. Favre is acting like one.

mission
07-15-2008, 02:40 PM
For a forum full of smart people (well, at least a few), why hasnt the question been asked ...

DOES COOK MAKE MORE MONEY IF FAVRE PLAYS THIS YEAR?

pretty fuckin simple you theorists.

math.

do it.

there's your answer. one way or the other.

sharpe1027
07-15-2008, 03:02 PM
For a forum full of smart people (well, at least a few), why hasnt the question been asked ...

DOES COOK MAKE MORE MONEY IF FAVRE PLAYS THIS YEAR?

pretty fuckin simple you theorists.

math.

do it.

there's your answer. one way or the other.
Yep. How about this question also:

Does Cook make even more money if Favre gets a new contract at a different team?

PackerBlues
07-15-2008, 03:09 PM

It took a while for Moss to come out with that statement. Long after Thompson said that he "went to sleep thinking that he had a deal in place with Moss." :roll:

the_idle_threat
07-15-2008, 03:13 PM
^^^ From what I recall, this was M3, not TT, speaking with Moss over the telephone. It was their initial convo about how Moss might fit into the team, and M3 was laying down the law. Moss didn't like M3's tone.

PackerBlues
07-15-2008, 03:16 PM
He seems to be developing plenty of star players from within the organization. And he sure didn't have any problems bringing in Charles Woodson to GB and making him happy to be here. I think he knows very well how to deal with star players, and he has brought many to Green Bay already. He's treating Favre like a spoiled 6 year old child when he doesn't get his way, and rightly so. Favre is acting like one.

Talk about full of shit..........as far as that goes, I am so sick of idiots such as yourself making a big deal out of Thompson going out and getting Woodson. It was a risky move on his part, and no other team worth a shit wanted Woodson. If Thompson had to get into a bidding war for him, Woodson would never have been a Packer.

Thompson has brought many stars to GB already???? List em dipshit. Certainly nobody of Moss's or Favre's calibur!

sheepshead
07-15-2008, 03:19 PM

Talk about full of shit..........as far as that goes, I am so sick of idiots such as yourself making a big deal out of Thompson going out and getting Woodson. It was a risky move on his part, and no other team worth a shit wanted Woodson. If Thompson had to get into a bidding war for him, Woodson would never have been a Packer.

Thompson has brought many stars to GB already???? List em dipshit. Certainly nobody of Moss's or Favre's calibur!

That's a head scratcher my brothah. Isnt the fact that TT was the only one that saw the potential in Woodson, to his credit rather than a free wheeling spender like Dan Snyder?

sharpe1027
07-15-2008, 03:20 PM

Don't you think that picking the best Free Agent pick up in recent memory (one that TT almost landed) and a HoF QB that isn't even a free agent yet as your benchmarks for free agency might be a tad biased?

In the end, I could care less about how many FA stars are brought in if they continue to win the Division and have a legit shot at the superbowl each year.

Bretsky
07-15-2008, 06:25 PM

I remember the comments. I don't know if TT ever commented on them, but Moss spoke up about it. It sounded like TT was just making sure that Randy knew that Driver was the #1 WR, I don't know if he meant performance wise or leadership wise. That's about all I remember of it though.

Yes, I recall the comments by TT as well

Bretsky
07-15-2008, 06:27 PM
^^^ From what I recall, this was M3, not TT, speaking with Moss over the telephone. It was their initial convo about how Moss might fit into the team, and M3 was laying down the law. Moss didn't like M3's tone.

I'm too lazy to look it up but I think it was TT

Gunakor
07-15-2008, 06:28 PM

Certainly none of the players TT has drafted or traded for have proven thier worth here, right PB? Or are you only talking about FA's?

Do Greg Jennings and Ryan Grant not even get an honorable mention?

falco
07-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Certainly none of the players TT has drafted or traded for have proven thier worth here, right PB? Or are you only talking about FA's?

Do Greg Jennings and Ryan Grant not even get an honorable mention?

good call Gunakor

for starters, Favre and Moss were probably 2 of the top 3 players last year - it's going to be hard to acquire players like that in a few short years

Tarlam!
07-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Like Bruce Buffer did, "Lets get ready to Rumble...."

Wasn't that Mike Buffer?

cpk1994
07-16-2008, 06:42 AM

Wasn't that Mike Buffer?It was Michael Buffer, yes.

twoseven
07-16-2008, 01:14 PM

Wasn't that Mike Buffer?It was Michael Buffer, yes.Bruce is his brother. He works the Ultimate Fighting gigs..he says 'let's get ready to hand out consussions and snap limbs'

Zool
07-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Doesnt he sell the butt scratchers too?

http://buttscratcher.ytmnd.com/

AV David
07-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Bus Cooks role is as the large steaming pile of cow shit on a cold December day.