Chevelle2
07-15-2008, 10:34 AM
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=406763

HarveyWallbangers
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Nice find, but I'm skeptical.

Chevelle2
07-15-2008, 10:54 AM
No problem, you have every right to b. just gonna throw in my thoughts here.

-Makes sense as to why Phil Simms wanted Brett to retire.
-In line with the other rumors we have heard.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 11:04 AM
I saw this report a few days ago on Bleacherreport.com and it said the deal was supposed to be done monday, like a day ago, I think its just some journalists way of getting attention

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 11:06 AM
I saw this report a few days ago on Bleacherreport.com and it said the deal was supposed to be done monday, like a day ago, I think its just some journalists way of getting attention

actually this is something a little different. IT was an unverified report that Favre was meeting with a Bucs official in an area restaraunt.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 11:06 AM
How is that possible, isnt that against league rules?

Rastak
07-15-2008, 11:08 AM

If the Packers have given permission, no.

If they have not, absolutely.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 11:09 AM
You'd think that something like that would actually be reported if they gave him permission.. but maybe it doesnt need to be public?

DonHutson
07-15-2008, 11:19 AM
You'd think that something like that would actually be reported if they gave him permission.. but maybe it doesnt need to be public?

Oh I think we have a few more rounds of the Blame Game to play before anybody "officially" starts talking trade. But I hope somebody is working on it behind the scenes so we can get this over with.

Whether this happens or not, I still think a 2nd and Simms is pretty decent value. They should get that or a similar deal from somewhere else.

cpk1994
07-15-2008, 11:23 AM

If they have not, absolutely.Is Favre even reinstated yet? Why would the Packers discuss trade if he is still retired?

Rastak
07-15-2008, 11:35 AM

If they have not, absolutely.Is Favre even reinstated yet? Why would the Packers discuss trade if he is still retired?

Let's see. Because he just stated last night he wants to return to the NFL and word is the Packers would rather it not be in Green Bay.

I would assume his agent has been given permission to work out an agreement before he files his papers.

DonHutson
07-15-2008, 11:40 AM

Let's see. Because he just stated last night he wants to return to the NFL and word is the Packers would rather it not be in Green Bay.

I would assume his agent has been given permission to work out an agreement before he files his papers.

Favre said in the interview last night that the Packers asked him for a list of teams he would play for. Maybe Brett is off doing some research, and I'm sure the Packers would be thrilled to hear that he is.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 11:41 AM
Ya, I'm sure the Packers are thrilled that Tampa is one of his destinations... a team that could beat us come sept. 28th

lod01
07-15-2008, 11:45 AM
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=406763

I squashed that ridiculous thread. (FavreCo). There isn't 1 thread on either of the 2 major Bucs board confirming anything remotely close to this. Most of the footballguys posters are completely inept and have very limited football intelligence. Yell fire and they all are ready to jump in.

GBRulz
07-15-2008, 11:46 AM
Favre said in the interview last night that the Packers asked him for a list of teams he would play for. Maybe Brett is off doing some research, and I'm sure the Packers would be thrilled to hear that he is.

I don't recall him saying anything of the sort. In fact, the word trade was hardly discussed and he said it was a "way off possibility".

Rastak
07-15-2008, 11:47 AM

I don't recall him saying anything of the sort. In fact, the word trade was hardly discussed and he said it was a "way off possibility".

Fox released some of the second part of the interview transcripts. It seems he'll be saying that tonight in part two.

GBRulz
07-15-2008, 11:49 AM

Fox released some of the second part of the interview transcripts. It seems he'll be saying that tonight in part two.

Oh ok, thanks Ras. Because I knew damn well he didn't say that in last nights interview!!

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 11:49 AM

It makes you wonder what Favre is thinking. Is he against a trade out of spite, because the team will benefit?

Maybe he really thinks he can rally public opinion behind him to the point where the Packers will grant him an unconditional release. I can't hardly believe that Favre was increasing his chances of returning to the Packers with that interview.

Very strange.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 11:51 AM
I dont think its strange.. He wants his side of the story out there and he's sick of TT/MM thinking they can do whatever they want to him... thats the bottom line in why he is saying all this now and I'm sure he is still holding back a bit

GBRulz
07-15-2008, 11:52 AM
It makes you wonder what Favre is thinking. Is he against a trade out of spite, because the team will benefit?

Maybe he really thinks he can rally public opinion behind him to the point where the Packers will grant him an unconditional release. I can't hardly believe that Favre was increasing his chances of returning to the Packers with that interview.

Very strange.

I think he realizes that if he comes back, it will just be an ugly situation all around in the locker room, which is what he wants to avoid. I think he knows that returning to GB isn't going to happen.

But yeah, I hope he doesn't think the Packers owe it to him or that this interview will help grant an outright release.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I dont think its strange.. He wants his side of the story out there and he's sick of TT/MM thinking they can do whatever they want to him... thats the bottom line in why he is saying all this now and I'm sure he is still holding back a bit

yes, but what does he ultimately want. Why would he oppose a trade?

DonHutson
07-15-2008, 11:53 AM
From espn.com's NFC North blog:

Buried in Monday's news story on Brett Favre's interview with Fox News was this important nugget: According to interviewer Greta Van Susteren, the Packers asked Favre to submit a list of teams to whom he would accept a trade.

I don't remember if I heard in the interview or if I read in this or other articles. But anyway, there it is.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I dont think he opposes a trade if its to the team he wants to play for... I think he feels that all the service he has given the packers that IF they are not going to start him then let him find his home and continue his career... that just seems to be his thinking

mngolf19
07-15-2008, 11:54 AM

And I agree with your earlier quote. It is not right to blackball Favre either. He obviously has the skills left to play at a high level and to force him to the bench after all he has done for the Pack would be wrong. If you don't want to play him, then let him go one way or another.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I dont think he opposes a trade if its to the team he wants to play for... I think he feels that all the service he has given the packers that IF they are not going to start him then let him find his home and continue his career... that just seems to be his thinking

ok, this sound plausible. but the two teams most interested in him are likely to be the Vikings and Bears. Surely he can't expect the packers to pave his way to those teams.

DonHutson
07-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Ya, I'm sure the Packers are thrilled that Tampa is one of his destinations... a team that could beat us come sept. 28th

As opposed to one that plays in our division? As opposed to causing problems in the Packer locker room? Tampa is not ideal, but it's a good compromise for both parties.

What the Packers should be thrilled about (assuming the rumor that started this is remotely true) is that Favre is talking to teams and being proactive about leaving instead of dragging things out even more.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 11:59 AM
the Packers shouldn't be happy unless he is our QB because he will stick this to us and one of the best things about Packer football was Brett Favre and all of that is being ruined because TT feels the need that the Packers need to move on from the best thing that most of us ever had... to me, thats heartbreaking

DonHutson
07-15-2008, 11:59 AM

ok, this sound plausible. but the two teams most interested in him are likely to be the Vikings and Bears. Surely he can't expect the packers to pave his way to those teams.

It's the Blame Game again. If the Packers release Favre outright then it was their choice to do so, and therefore it's their fault that he's gone. If Favre agrees to a trade then he's part of the decision to leave Green Bay, and therefore the fault is shared.

But if Brett wants to play sooner than later, he needs to bite the bullet and accept a trade.

GBRulz
07-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I am not a trade expert, but what is the possibility of Tampa doing the trade with GB... Then Tampa starts talking with MN or Chicago about an additional trade where Favre ultimately ends up with one of those teams.

Is that something that could happen?

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 12:00 PM

Nope, I dont... but I do think is plausible to sit down, realize he is our QB and let him do the job this year. If he plays bad, then you have a reason to demote him.. but right now its insane to think he's going to come be a back up to a never was

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 12:01 PM
I am not a trade expert, but what is the possibility of Tampa doing the trade with GB... Then Tampa starts talking with MN or Chicago about an additional trade where Favre ultimately ends up with one of those teams.

There would be nothing to block this from happening and I would die laughing at TT's face the day it does happen

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:01 PM
TT feels the need that the Packers need to move on from the best thing that most of us ever had... to me, thats heartbreaking

It was not a question of TT's feelings, it was the reality. Favre retired, they had to move on. And then in July, after the team made the transition, Favre demanded back-in.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 12:02 PM
TT feels the need that the Packers need to move on from the best thing that most of us ever had... to me, thats heartbreaking

It was not a question of TT's feelings, it was the reality. Favre retired, they had to move on. And then in July, after the team made the transition, Favre demanded back-in.

Transition? WHAAAAT TRANSITION!!!! my god, dont be fooled by that, oh we changed the offense to suit Arods strengths BS! TT doesn't want Favre for one reason only... HE WANTS AROD and always has... He just couldnt do anything about it til now because of the situation

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:03 PM

I've been asking this question for days, got no reply from this pathetic bunch of football "experts."

I guess this is a real concern. Particularly if TT trades to AFC for low draft pick. That team can just turn around and trade to Vikes for higher draft pick.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Transition? WHAAAAT TRANSITION!!!! my god, dont be fooled by that, oh we changed the offense to suit Arods strengths BS! TT doesn't want Favre for one reason only... HE WANTS AROD and always has... He just couldnt do anything about it til now because of the situation

Look, its not just a question of X's and O's. They made a commitment to Arod, they have started building a new team chemistry.

IT's McCarthy's call - he's earned that right. Favre is not the coach or GM.

vince
07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Nothing would officially stop that from happening, other than the practical reality that no team in the NFL can afford to have the reputation as being purposefully deceitful in trade negotiations. The ramifications for Tampa's reputation as a fair player in inter-team relations would likely negate this from happening this year.

More likely would be a Jeff Garcia trade.

GBRulz
07-15-2008, 12:08 PM

I've been asking this question for days, got no reply from this pathetic bunch of football "experts."

I guess this is a real concern. Particularly if TT trades to AFC for low draft pick. That team can just turn around and trade to Vikes for higher draft pick.

Yeah, it's a huge concern. I just didn't know if the Packers trade to whoever, that they can include some kind of clause that states he cannot be traded to another team.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 12:08 PM
So a coach of 3 years has earned the right to sit down a LEGEND after he's never missed a game for us, all the acolades, the trophy, the division wins EVERYTHING? Oh, and the fact that he played amazing last year doesn't tie into it?

I would agree with you that MM has that choice had he shit the bed last year, or even if he missed training camp... but he hasnt missed anything yet

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 12:12 PM
So a coach of 3 years has earned the right to sit down a LEGEND after he's never missed a game for us, all the acolades, the trophy, the division wins EVERYTHING? Oh, and the fact that he played amazing last year doesn't tie into it?

I would agree with you that MM has that choice had he shit the bed last year, or even if he missed training camp... but he hasnt missed anything yet

IT's a complicated decision on MM's part. If you read quotes from personnel people around the league, a lot of them agree with the Packers decision to move-on, some disagree.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Why is it complicated? Your starting QB from a 13-3 season is coming back to the team before training camp... thats not complicated..

it might suck for Arod, but thats how the game works.. you play your best cards, you dont fold em

Carolina_Packer
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
and Brett could have been part of the plan as a starter, had he just been able to come to his decision a little sooner. He didn't, and in life, sometimes he who hesitates is lost or loses out. With the team facing an uncertain future at QB and feeling that Brett was not 100 percent committed to footbal, how do you proceed? Do you let A-Rod take all the off-season reps and tell him that it's conditional on what Brett ultimately decides to do? OR, do you take the man at his word, trying to get his true level of commitment to the team and once you feel you have that, move on with what you have and build from there. Brett pump faked the Packer brass and he's been known to be good at that. Perhaps they just got disgusted after all the wavering and decided, OK, you're retired, we're moving on. They certainly had that right. Did they have real reason to hope for Brett's return? Not really until recently. We're they just supposed to hold out hope that he was going to return and not address the need to build in the off-season? That doesn't seem responsible to the whole team. If Brett gets to wait until training camp (if that had been the case) and he hangs it up and the QB situation lacks depth, then management gets killed for not planning well enough. That's a catch-22 if there ever was one.

If Brett is going to ask to be reinstated, I hope that he will see things the way he helped make them and how the Packers organization had to move on without knowing his true intentions when they were needed. I give everyone that he is still a better QB than Rodgers, but there are trust, reliability and commitment factors too. Talent doesn't excuse everything a person does (or doesn't do) that's necessary to show those principles. Yes, he has been the face of the frachise and has given a lot to them, and they him. What he needed to do was act like the face of the frachise and handle all this with more dignity, clarity and communication. If he had done that, we wouldn't be talking about this issue right now. If management had really, truly pushed him out the door from day 1 of this year's off-season, I'd be more upset with them. I want a winning team as you all do, but I want a well-run organization too; one that takes principles into account and treats all players with respect, especially all those with an unwavering commitment to the team.

sharpe1027
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM

He earned the right the second he was elected coach. Whether or not it is a wise decision is an entirely different issue.

Some of Favre's comments seem to suggest that he believes he should be able to dictate what the GM and coach do. I think he may have forgot who works for who.

Spaulding
07-15-2008, 12:21 PM

Paco, what makes you so absolutely certain that TT wants ARod and always has? Isn't it his MO to draft the best player and evidently when you draft 24th and a player you had rated in the top 5 or possibly top 10 falls to you that you take him? Also wasn't there the annual wondering if Brett was going to hang it up or not after each season? TT drafted the best player he felt was out there and also provided insurance should Brett call it quits. Then per Brett's own mouth he convinced him to come back in 2005 and 2006 and allowed Brett months after the season to decide to come back in 2007. Would all supposedly ego minded GM's go to those actions and also provide that much leniency?

I believe what was different about 2008 versus prior years is that they saw enough in Rodgers to believe that could successfully replace Brett and they wanted to speed up the time table for Brett to decide so that they could through off season planning/training take it that next level.

What really led to success last year as much as anything was team chemistry and you get that through the off season and the OTA's as much as you do during training camp and regular season.

The more actions I see by TT the more I respect and trust him. Initially I wondered WTF when he was hired and when he screwed the pooch and solving our guard play in 2005 but some say it was due to cap hell and that Sherman was much to blame for loosing Wahle with the 6m bonus he was due. I also wondered WTF when he passed on Bates and selected the unknown McCarthy who was OC for one of the worst offenses in the NFL that year. Each time I think I know better I'm proven wrong.

I think this boils down to a lack of communication on both sides.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 12:21 PM

He earned the right the second he was elected coach. Whether or not it is a wise decision is an entirely different issue.

Some of Favre's comments seem to suggest that he believes he should be able to dictate what the GM and coach do. I think he may have forgot who works for who.

I didn't read it as that... I read it as he pushed for things and was told something by TT and then basically a complete 180 was said and done about the situation... I've said it all along that TT is a weasel that happens to know football real well but doesnt handle people well... not sayin Favre should have ANY say in football matters, but if this did occur, that he does have a bitch

Carolina_Packer
07-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Why is it complicated? Your starting QB from a 13-3 season is coming back to the team before training camp... thats not complicated..

it might suck for Arod, but thats how the game works.. you play your best cards, you dont fold em

If this is the case, then it would appear that Favre might have a sense of entitlement, which is never good. He has to be a good organization guy, always, not just in the rear view mirror as he has been. Did he really think that when he was finally ready and after the team had given him time, even past his retirement presser and he still wasn't sure, that he was just going to come back in and take the reigns? Isn't that a little deluded? Who is running the team? If he had approached them and said, damn, I know I put you in a tough spot and I know you have to do things that are for the good of the organization, but I'm ready to come back full-force, so if you think you'd have a way for me to compete for my job back, I'd sure like the opportunity." If his attitude was, I'm ready, give me the starters job, then that to me would indicate a sense of entitlement. Yes, sure he is the best option, but you would hope your leaders present themselves a bit better than that, if that's how he acted. Perhaps it was somewhat of hat in hand and assumption that he would be welcomed back whenever he decided. It's shocking to find out if you're Brett Favre that you can't just show up when it suits you and expect this or that. I'm sure that was eye-opening for him. Is the organization wrong for taking him to task?

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM

If this is the case, then it would appear that Favre might have a sense of entitlement, which is never good. He has to be a good organization guy, always, not just in the rear view mirror as he has been. Did he really think that when he was finally ready and after the team had given him time, even past his retirement presser and he still wasn't sure, that he was just going to come back in and take the reigns? Isn't that a little deluded? Who is running the team? If he had approached them and said, damn, I know I put you in a tough spot and I know you have to do things that are for the good of the organization, but I'm ready to come back full-force, so if you think you'd have a way for me to compete for my job back, I'd sure like the opportunity." If his attitude was, I'm ready, give me the starters job, then that to me would indicate a sense of entitlement. Yes, sure he is the best option, but you would hope your leaders present themselves a bit better than that, if that's how he acted. Perhaps it was somewhat of hat in hand and assumption that he would be welcomed back whenever he decided. It's shocking to find out if you're Brett Favre that you can't just show up when it suits you and expect this or that. I'm sure that was eye-opening for him. Is the organization wrong for taking him to task?

They wont be leaders for long if they start losing... thats always the kicker: win, win, win.... AT ANY COST!

Gunakor
07-15-2008, 12:29 PM

Umm, YES Paco. MM does have the right. Being the head coach gives him that right. Don't you get it? Brett Favre is a only a quarterback. An exceptional quarterback indeed, but still nothing more than a quarterback. He's not a coach or a GM.

sharpe1027
07-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I didn't read it as that... I read it as he pushed for things and was told something by TT and then basically a complete 180 was said and done about the situation... I've said it all along that TT is a weasel that happens to know football real well but doesnt handle people well... not sayin Favre should have ANY say in football matters, but if this did occur, that he does have a bitch

Maybe, I'm not privy to private conversations, but I do know that TT had a deal setup for Moss and Bret lumped that into the same category. Clearly, TT was making an effort to get Moss, bungled or not, he wasn't saying one thing to Favre and saying something else to others.

I'm of the mind that Favre talked with TT and TT said he was working toward whatever Favre said, when it fell through Favre assumed he was lying, when that's just how many of these things end up working out.

cpk1994
07-15-2008, 01:02 PM

Is that something that could happen?Thats illegal unless Tampa completes the deal with Gb first BEFORE even talking to the Bears or Minny at all. Almost impossible that if Tampa traded for him in the first place that they would trade him again.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 01:05 PM

Is that something that could happen?Thats illegal unless Tampa completes the deal with Gb first BEFORE even talking to the Bears or Minny at all. Almost impossible that if Tampa traded for him in the first place that they would trade him again.

I dont know if its impossible because the Bucs know that Minny wants him.. makes it kinda easy.. they either have a HOF QB or a great trading piece because they do have Garcia still

Zool
07-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Easy enough to poison pill a trade to the Bucs.

Make the pic conditional. If Favre plays for any team other than the Bucs in 2008 the pic becomes 2 first rounders.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Easy enough to poison pill a trade to the Bucs.

Make the pic conditional. If Favre plays for any team other than the Bucs in 2008 the pic becomes 2 first rounders.

By Tampa taking him, its making it easier on us... the more pain in the butt we make it, the less chance it happens

cpk1994
07-15-2008, 01:12 PM

I dont know if its impossible because the Bucs know that Minny wants him.. makes it kinda easy.. they either have a HOF QB or a great trading piece because they do have Garcia stillYou really think the Bucs want to explain to their fan base that they gave up a future HOF becuase they still have Garcia? IF the Bucs trade for him they are trading to play him.

vince
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
If this is true, the prima donna has completely lost his grasp on this world. Continuing to drag this franchise through the mud with all this ridiculous nonsense...because Tampa's too hot?????

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+South/Tampa+Bay/Features/2008/parr071508.htm

Report: Tampa Bay too hot for Favre

By PFW staff
July 15, 2008

Brett Favre is trying to find a way out of Green Bay, but he’s not interested in an escape to Tampa Bay, according to reports.

The St. Petersburg Times reports that Favre recently told sources close to him that Tampa was "too hot," and he would prefer to go somewhere with cooler weather.

There has been speculation that the Bucs would be a good fit for Favre, since he is familiar with Jon Gruden and may want to play for a team with a good shot at the postseason.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 03:11 PM
If this is true, the prima donna has completely lost his grasp on this world. Continuing to drag this franchise through the mud with all this ridiculous nonsense...because Tampa's too hot?????

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/NFC/NFC+South/Tampa+Bay/Features/2008/parr071508.htm

By PFW staff
July 15, 2008

Brett Favre is trying to find a way out of Green Bay, but he’s not interested in an escape to Tampa Bay, according to reports.

The St. Petersburg Times reports that Favre recently told sources close to him that Tampa was "too hot," and he would prefer to go somewhere with cooler weather.

There has been speculation that the Bucs would be a good fit for Favre, since he is familiar with Jon Gruden and may want to play for a team with a good shot at the postseason.

I find this completely hilarious... he just loves Green Bay weather too much!

motife
07-15-2008, 03:12 PM

By PFW staff
July 15, 2008

Yes, he lives in Southern Mississippi. So Tampa, FL would be a real shocker in the summer.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 03:14 PM
cant take him outta his element too much..

Lurker64
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM

The important thing I think you're missing is that it's apparent in Brett's words and actions that he doesn't want to come back to Green Bay. At least, why else would he be burning every bridge he can get his hands on?

vince
07-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Can't have him being too uncomfortable now, can we. Screw the rest of the schmucks that are stupid enough to actually play for Tampa...

Bossman641
07-15-2008, 03:35 PM

By PFW staff
July 15, 2008

Don't you get it. This is just Favre's way of saying that he is sorry and wants to stay in that cold GB midwest weather.

I just wanted to get that out there before anybody else comes up with that theory.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 03:37 PM

The important thing I think you're missing is that it's apparent in Brett's words and actions that he doesn't want to come back to Green Bay. At least, why else would he be burning every bridge he can get his hands on?

Why wouldn't he? You give me one good reason he shouldn't light it up from here on out how he has been mistreated by TT and now MM.... HE WANTS, I REPEAT... WANTS GO PLAY IN GB.... THEY (TT/MM) DO NOT WANT HIM TO PLAY IN GB... thats where this is a problem, he wants to play... fuckin let him

Bossman641
07-15-2008, 03:41 PM

Why wouldn't he? You give me one good reason he shouldn't light it up from here on out how he has been mistreated by TT and now MM.... HE WANTS, I REPEAT... WANTS GO PLAY IN GB.... THEY (TT/MM) DO NOT WANT HIM TO PLAY IN GB... thats where this is a problem, he wants to play... fuckin let him

Question for you PacoPete.

Where do you draw the line? If Favre showed up at the beginning of TC demanding to start would you let him? What about during TC? At the end? A few days before Week 1? When do you tell Brett Favre no?

imscott72
07-15-2008, 03:43 PM

Yeah, it's a huge concern. I just didn't know if the Packers trade to whoever, that they can include some kind of clause that states he cannot be traded to another team.

Simple remedy to fix this. Just pull what the Vikings pull and insert a "poison pill" in the contract that says if they trade him to "X" teams then they lose they're next 5 1st round draft picks or something similar.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 03:45 PM

Where do you draw the line? If Favre showed up at the beginning of TC demanding to start would you let him? What about during TC? At the end? A few days before Week 1? When do you tell Brett Favre no?

I do draw the line at the start of training camp.. but thats not an issue, is it? because guess what... its before training camp and the guy wants to rock n roll... its a no brainer to let him come back

anything after that, then i'd welcome him as a backup and if he beats out the starter thats what happens...

its pretty simple actually.... we just have large egotistic minds that are blurred by wanting their own success..

Ballboy
07-15-2008, 03:46 PM

You tell Brett "no" when he no longer can complete 65% of his passes, throw 28TD's and 15Int's and go 13-3 as the starter.........

Lurker64
07-15-2008, 03:52 PM

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have said publicly that they've welcomed Favre back on numerous occasions, Brett Favre is saying publicly that Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy don't want him back.

It's a They Said/He Said situation. Either side *might* by lying to advance their interests. It's best to not speak as though you *know* that Favre is telling the truth and TT/MM are lying, or vice versa.

Bossman641
07-15-2008, 03:52 PM

I do draw the line at the start of training camp.. but thats not an issue, is it? because guess what... its before training camp and the guy wants to rock n roll... its a no brainer to let him come back

anything after that, then i'd welcome him as a backup and if he beats out the starter thats what happens...

its pretty simple actually.... we just have large egotistic minds that are blurred by wanting their own success..

I understand it's before training camp, I was simply wondering your answer to the question.

That's where we differ. You think, "He's Brett Favre, he's earned the right to sit back during the summer, and show up at TC."

Myself, and others, see it as him not putting the work needed. I was fine with him missing OTA’s last year. Do you know why? Because he had worked it out with MM and was working with a personal trainer several times a week. I highly doubt he’s been doing that this year. He’s a year older and would need more dedication then he put in last year, not less. What makes you think he'd be willing to harder this year when last?

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 04:07 PM
It's a They Said/He Said situation. Either side *might* by lying to advance their interests. It's best to not speak as though you *know* that Favre is telling the truth and TT/MM are lying, or vice versa.

I actually do have an inside source on Brett's side that I have been told numerous times they do not want him back and that they are trying everything they can to keep him to stay retired... you don't have to believe me, but its what I know

Lurker64
07-15-2008, 04:17 PM
I actually do have an inside source on Brett's side that I have been told numerous times they do not want him back and that they are trying everything they can to keep him to stay retired... you don't have to believe me, but its what I know

And I actually have an inside source on Thompsons side that I have been told numerous times that they do want him back but Favre's demands for "feeling wanted" were excessive, irresponsible, and ridiculous, but other than that they've welcomed him back at every opportunity... you don't have to believe me, but it's what I know.

Isn't anonymity on the internet fun?

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 04:28 PM
I didn't figure you'd believe me and thats fine.. but almost every story thats been leaked out to the media I have known a couple days in advance, its the first time ive ever had an inside track with anything this cool in my life... just thought id share

Lurker64
07-15-2008, 04:36 PM
The object lesson here is that it's impossible to convince anybody of anything by citing "secret wisdom" that you're unable to share or give a definite source. It's best to just not bother, it tends to just make you look like a liar (even if it's true.)

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Ya, very true Lurker and I thought about that and shoulda used my better judgement.. I really wish I could spill my beans on this but they would kill me I think.. no biggie thought, I just want Brett back