PDA

View Full Version : What does "we've moved on" really mean?

Jimx29
07-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Seriously, what does that mean in this situation? Does that mean they would of drafted differently had he committed to another year? I doubt it.
Other than that, telling A-Rod he's the starting QB is the only other thing I can think of. :?:

RashanGary
07-15-2008, 04:40 PM
I think it means that they want Rodgers as their starting QB adn their not willing to take Brett back in that capacity.

Jimx29
07-15-2008, 04:44 PM
I think it means that they want Rodgers as their starting QB adn their not willing to take Brett back in that capacity.Possibly. But if that's their train of thought, we're screwed. Brett's stats from last year prove that he is still very capable of leading the Packers on the field. Rodgers is almost completely unproven

RashanGary
07-15-2008, 04:49 PM
They do have a couple people who are pretty qualified to make those decision numb. I think they're showing their confidence in Rodgers and I trust them more than I trust the posters here.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Harrell.. what are you gonna do when your boys flop... and by boys I mean Rodgers and TT... are you gonna create another name or are you gonna be a man and come back on here and say youre sorry to brett for thinking hes not worthy

Zool
07-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Harrell.. what are you gonna do when your boys flop... and by boys I mean Rodgers and TT

What are you going to do if they don't?

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
I'd be happy, cuz I am a Packers fan.. but I'd throw money down that Favre makes them better this year and next.. but i dont gamble

RashanGary
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
I really don't think Brett will be back but I'll cross that bridge when it happens. Brett's clearly still a very good player. IF he comes back I'll still root for the team the same I have the last 5 years. I havn't really enjoyed Favre for a few years now. His attitude during the 4-12 season really tainted my enjoyment of pulling for him. I thought it was very immature and selfish.

IF he doesnt' come back I'll root for Rodgers and the Packers. If he comes back I'll root for the Packers and Brett Favre. I don't hate him at all and I do hope for the best for him in all of this.

Zool
07-15-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd be happy, cuz I am a Packers fan.. but I'd throw money down that Favre makes them better this year and next.. but i dont gamble

Then get on the fuckin bus and stop talking down about something you're just guessing about. You're not working for a pro football team in any capacity so you spouting your shit as fact gets old.

RashanGary
07-15-2008, 04:58 PM

Then get on the fuckin bus and stop talking down about something you're just guessing about. You're not working for a pro football team in any capacity so you spouting your shit as fact gets old.

:)

I don't think I've ever seen you sick of anyone except skinbasket during the penis brawl.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Hey Zool... go fuck yourself... I can say what I want on the situation and there a ton of people on these boards and off that feel the same way... but thanks for the advice, I'll let ya know next time when I actually need some

RashanGary
07-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey Zool... go fuck yourself... I can say what I want on the situation and there a ton of people on these boards and off that feel the same way... but thanks for the advice, I'll let ya know next time when I actually need some

:roll:

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 05:04 PM
:lol:

sharpe1027
07-15-2008, 05:05 PM
telling A-Rod he's the starting QB is the only other thing I can think of. :?:

I think that's it exactly. It is a tough situation, they don't want to tell Favre one thing and A-Rod another. IMO, using the ambigous statement "moved on" gives the impression that they support A-Rod without completely removing any chance that Favre come back and play.

Zool
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM

By that rational, I can say whatever the fuck I want as well. I wish others here would all tell you to stop sucking off Favre like a baby calf at his mother too.

Do you moo when he cums in your face?

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 05:17 PM
TT's old bro, can you even get his cock up enough to suck it?

I support Brett over TT any day of my life...

Zool
07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
TT's old bro, can you even get his cock up enough to suck it?

I support Brett over TT any day of my life...

Good try, but show me where I said that Thompson is in the right in this situation.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
if you didnt think he was right, you wouldnt be down my back about welcoming brett back to the pack..

Lurker64
07-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Is there any way we can just make the last eight comments or so not happen?

We're all Packer fans, we all want the things to happen that help the Packers the most, we disagree on what those things are, but there's really no need for this.

falco
07-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Is there any way we can just make the last eight comments or so not happen?

We're all Packer fans, we all want the things to happen that help the Packers the most, we disagree on what those things are, but there's really no need for this.

you see, we're just like little kids, and BF and TT are our mom and dad

we learn by watching

now we are emulating their behavior

someone has to break the chain!

the_idle_threat
07-15-2008, 05:27 PM
The "moo" line was pretty damned funny, I thought. :lol:

Zool
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
if you didnt think he was right, you wouldnt be down my back about welcoming brett back to the pack..

Of course not. That would make it easy for you. I just think its ridiculous that you'd be happy if Rodgers starts and fails so you can say "i told you so" to people who support him.

Here's where you backtrack some saying you wont be happy.

Bossman641
07-15-2008, 05:44 PM

Of course not. That would make it easy for you. I just think its ridiculous that you'd be happy if Rodgers starts and fails so you can say "i told you so" to people who support him.

Seriously.

I don't get the whole "I hope Rogers fails so TT is sorry" angle. To go along with that, I really don't understand the whole "I hope Brett comes back and extracts vengeance on TT" thing.

I hope both sides can come up with a decision they can agree on, but if it comes down to the Packers getting the short end of the straw or Favre getting the short end: Sorry Brett.

Zool
07-15-2008, 05:47 PM
I hope both sides can come up with a decision they can agree on, but if it comes down to the Packers getting the short end of the straw or Favre getting the short end: Sorry Brett.

A much less abrasive way of making my point. I've said it plenty of times. Its the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres.

I would love for this to all be dismissed and have Favre be the starter this year. His flip flopping has made that such a difficult thing to happen that I'm not sure how the whole thing can be resolved.

If Favre is the starter I'll be happy watching Packer games. If Rodgers is the starter, I'll be happy watching Packer games.

falco
07-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I don't get the whole "I hope Rogers fails so TT is sorry" angle. To go along with that, I really don't understand the whole "I hope Brett comes back and extracts vengeance on TT" thing.

that's because you're a packer fan, unlike tacoman

Lurker64
07-15-2008, 06:01 PM

As a Packer Fan I, for one, hope that Aaron Rodgers plays at least 16 years in green and gold and breaks every single one of Brett Favre's records. That would be awesome.

falco
07-15-2008, 06:02 PM

As a Packer Fan I, for one, hope that Aaron Rodgers plays at least 16 years in green and gold and breaks every single one of Brett Favre's records. That would be awesome.

all except the interception record

Lurker64
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM

all except the interception record

Good point, I hope he breaks all of them except that one.

vince
07-15-2008, 06:09 PM
A much less abrasive way of making my point. I've said it plenty of times. Its the Green Bay Packers, not the Green Bay Favres.

If Favre is the starter I'll be happy watching Packer games. If Rodgers is the starter, I'll be happy watching Packer games.
:glug:
While I believe Favre's prima donna tendencies go waaay beyond the realm of acceptable player conduct, and therefore undermine the team-first attitude Mike McCarthy has worked so hard to build, I would now prefer that he move on. If that doesn't happen, I'll understand the difficulty of the situation and I'll be here cheering the Packers on too. You're never going to agree with 100% of a franchise's moves.

If Favre is the starter, I'll be hoping this isn't the year he finally shows his age.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 06:15 PM

I wouldn't be happy if Arod fails... it would make me even more mad than I currently am with the Packers..

LET ME REPEAT!... this is not Favre vs Rodgers... it never has, nor will be

its about Favre, and him being able to rightfully join the packers and be their starter due to the fact that training camp hasnt even rolled around yet

so shut ur fuckin pie hole Zool if you cant understand where its coming from

falco
07-15-2008, 06:17 PM

I wouldn't be happy if Arod fails... it would make me even more mad than I currently am with the Packers..

LET ME REPEAT!... this is not Favre vs Rodgers... it never has, nor will be

its about Favre, and him being able to rightfully join the packers and be their starter due to the fact that training camp hasnt even rolled around yet

so shut ur fuckin pie hole Zool if you cant understand where its coming from

on a more serious note, I honestly believe that Favre is done in Green Bay and people should begin getting used to that fact. The best thing that can happen is for Thompson to facilitate his exit as promptly as possible.

Too many bridges are burned for the two sides to ever reconcile - Thompson's fate lies in Rodgers hands.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
you're a fiesty one, Paco Pete. You a friend of madtown's?

Zool
07-15-2008, 06:20 PM
is that a faint mooing i hear?

Freak Out
07-15-2008, 06:25 PM
I don't think I've ever seen this many cock sucking references being thrown around in the Packer forum before. WTF is going on again? Is Bearman back or something?

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 06:37 PM
I guess its a problem to want Brett back and for voicing an opinion on it, I hate Aaron Rodgers... thats basically what they are tryin to say... but its not true. Actually far from it...

The Shadow
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM

I agree. As an oldtimer, I am still waiting for the next Bart Starr. And no one knows what Rodger's ability may bring to the Packers.

Chevelle2
07-15-2008, 06:39 PM

I agree. As an oldtimer, I am still waiting for the next Bart Starr. And no one knows what Rodger's ability may bring to the Packers.

"next bart starr"

As a young fan, can you elaborate? Id really appreciate any insight.

Pacopete4
07-15-2008, 06:40 PM
me too... my dad used to tell me that he still thought Starr was a better quarterback, unfortunetly I wasn't around to see it

Gunakor
07-15-2008, 06:49 PM

"next bart starr"

Bart Starr was the Brett Favre of the 1960's. One of if not THE best in the NFL. He's the reason nobody is allowed to wear #15 for the Packers anymore.

Chevelle2
07-15-2008, 06:53 PM

"next bart starr"

Bart Starr was the Brett Favre of the 1960's. One of if not THE best in the NFL. He's the reason nobody is allowed to wear #15 for the Packers anymore.

I know who he is, but when he says "Next Bart Starr" he is obviously referring to Starr's attributes, which I was wondering about.

Gunakor
07-15-2008, 07:00 PM

"next bart starr"

I know who he is, but when he says "Next Bart Starr" he is obviously referring to Starr's attributes, which I was wondering about.

All you need to know about Starr is that he won. Often. He won back to back NFL Championships in 1961 and 1962. Then won another three consecutive NFL Championships from 1965-1967, as well as the first two Super Bowls. It's not about his attributes. It's about the fact that he won.

Harlan Huckleby
07-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Bart Starr was a very successful auto dealer in the Milwaukee area.

The Shadow
07-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Ok, then. Whenever I mention Bart Starr around here - and mention that in my humble opinion, he is the greatest alltime Packer quarterback - I take a lot of heat from younger fans.
Here's the scoop - as I saw it :
Starr came to the Packers as a 17th (yes, there were 17 rounds once) round draft choice. He had very modest physical skills.
However, he did 2 things to achieve greatness :
1. he aligned himself so perfectly with Vince Lombardi that he became the extension of a genius on the field.
2. he willed himself to overcome the modest physical talents with pro football's greatest field general skill.
Now some folks will point to the talent surrounding him - most of the time. But : despite talent, SOMEONE has to get it all done out there on the field.
And, if you watch the Ice Bowl, you will see Starr - with such 'talent' as Chuck Mercein at fullback - simply WILL the Packers down the field in crunch time in the most inhospitable conditions imaginable.
Yes, Favre has more physical skills. Some folks made a big deal about Starr's comment that "Brett could throw farther from his knees than I could standing up" - but this speaks more to Starr's humility than anything else. Quarterbacking is not solely about physical ability - it is much more than that.
Starr brought 5 championships to my favorite team, with shifting casts at his disposal.
He GOT THE JOB DONE.
If Aaron Rodgers gets the Packers a Super Bowl win, he immediately moves into a tie with Favre as my 2nd favorite Packer QB.
When he wins his 6th, he will eclipse Bart in my estimation.
And that's how it should be.

Chevelle2
07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks Shadow. Im only 19 so I know little of Starr aside from books and NFL Films. Ive always heard he was a class act, but its great to hear a first hand account.

falco
07-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Ok, then. Whenever I mention Bart Starr around here - and mention that in my humble opinion, he is the greatest alltime Packer quarterback - I take a lot of heat from younger fans.
Here's the scoop - as I saw it :
Starr came to the Packers as a 17th (yes, there were 17 rounds once) round draft choice. He had very modest physical skills.
However, he did 2 things to achieve greatness :
1. he aligned himself so perfectly with Vince Lombardi that he became the extension of a genius on the field.
2. he willed himself to overcome the modest physical talents with pro football's greatest field general skill.
Now some folks will point to the talent surrounding him - most of the time. But : despite talent, SOMEONE has to get it all done out there on the field.
And, if you watch the Ice Bowl, you will see Starr - with such 'talent' as Chuck Mercein at fullback - simply WILL the Packers down the field in crunch time in the most inhospitable conditions imaginable.
Yes, Favre has more physical skills. Some folks made a big deal about Starr's comment that "Brett could throw farther from his knees than I could standing up" - but this speaks more to Starr's humility than anything else. Quarterbacking is not solely about physical ability - it is much more than that.
Starr brought 5 championships to my favorite team, with shifting casts at his disposal.
He GOT THE JOB DONE.
If Aaron Rodgers gets the Packers a Super Bowl win, he immediately moves into a tie with Favre as my 2nd favorite Packer QB.
When he wins his 6th, he will eclipse Bart in my estimation.
And that's how it should be.

i think a better comparison of favre and starr is their postseason performances....

MadtownPacker
07-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks Shadow. Im only 19 so I know little of Starr aside from books and NFL Films. Ive always heard he was a class act, but its great to hear a first hand account.Yup, that ole Shadow is a book of wisdom. Shit, he can tell you about when dirt was born.

The Shadow
07-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Thanks Shadow. Im only 19 so I know little of Starr aside from books and NFL Films. Ive always heard he was a class act, but its great to hear a first hand account.Yup, that ole Shadow is a book of wisdom. Shit, he can tell you about when dirt was born.

It's still right there under my fingernails.
Actually, a 70-something fellow approached me at the grocery store today - noticed my Packer license plate holder.
He mentioned he was from Green Bay, and recalled how disappointed he was when the Packers hired Lombardi ( he wanted the coach from Oklahoma).
He went on to say he attended the very first open practice Lombardi held - said Vince was up on a tower with a megaphone! Cool!
He said that Lombardi singled out Hornung for dogging it on a play and ordered him to run a lap around the practice field. Hornung trotted around, and Lombardi ordered him to repeat the lap- only faster.

It's wonderful to run into someone occasionally who is even older than me!

falco
07-15-2008, 08:33 PM

Actually, a 70-something fellow approached me at the grocery store today - noticed my Packer license plate holder.
He mentioned he was from Green Bay, and recalled how disappointed he was when the Packers hired Lombardi ( he wanted the coach from Oklahoma).
He went on to say he attended the very first open practice Lombardi held - said Vince was up on a tower with a megaphone! Cool!
He said that Lombardi singled out Hornung for dogging it on a play and ordered him to run a lap around the practice field. Hornung trotted around, and Lombardi ordered him to repeat the lap- only faster.

shadow - a year or so ago my 85 year old gramps gave me the program from the game he attended in 1940 - featuring Don Hutson. pretty cool - he's still a pack fan at his old age

Joemailman
07-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Seriously, what does that mean in this situation? Does that mean they would of drafted differently had he committed to another year? I doubt it.
Other than that, telling A-Rod he's the starting QB is the only other thing I can think of. :?:

They wanted to start up a website explaining what it means, but the name Moveon.org was already taken.

GBRulz
07-15-2008, 08:40 PM
It means that season ticket holders selling out their tickets are getting less money this year. *sniffle*

CaliforniaCheez
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Bart always was a nice guy. Not that Brett isn't but Bart always had class.

Some people soured on him as a coach but he didn't work his way up as a coach he was thrown in too early. (Sherman with no experience as a GM wasn't good either)

The greatest contrast in Bart and Brett is that Bart when looking at a bad situation "ate the ball" and took the sack. Brett tries(d) to make a great throw and depended sometimes on a great reception.

As a coach you try to tailor the team to the strengths of the players(Frit Shurmur). The OTA's were spent changing the offense to maximize Rodgers' strengths and not Brett's.

That is what moving on, in my interpretation, means.

Brett is a grown man and he told everyone he was retiring. Is it Packer management fault for believing him and taking his word on it??

Yet Brett never filed his retirement papers and told Letterman Something was bound to happen around training camp.

What is it with Brett? What doesn't he like?? My humble guess is the opposite of many in the press. I think he is a private kind of person and just doesn't like having everything he does analyzed. He can't go out in public in Green Bay without it being "News". I don't think he likes being the focus and having the media paparazzi follow him around.

Many call him a selfish and think he wants the spotlight. I think he wants to get away from it.

Hey we thought Brett was gone in March but if traded the Packers get something.

I support the Packers starting QB whoever it will be.

Packerarcher
07-15-2008, 10:14 PM
[quote="JustinHarrell"]I really don't think Brett will be back but I'll cross that bridge when it happens. Brett's clearly still a very good player. IF he comes back I'll still root for the team the same I have the last 5 years.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN 5 YEARS. You are on here trash talking the greatest Packer Player Ever,and you haven't even been a fan HALF AS LONG AS HE HAS PLAYED. No wonder your posts are so fuckin stupid.

On a side note Zool or Tool or whatever Shut the fuck up. If people don't wan't to get on board with you and you Fuck Head Five year Harrell,don't fuckin worry about it. :evil:

Packerarcher
07-15-2008, 10:23 PM

Shadow,very cool story,my wifes grandma has origional home movie reel footage from the ice bowl. Her and her husband(wifes grandpa) were seson ticket holders also,but decided to sell when he became ill and nobody in the family wanted them. I met my wife two years later :cry: .

The Shadow
07-15-2008, 11:39 PM
It's very odd turning into an old guy.
One moment you are watching the Ice Bowl - next moment you are explaining Bart Starr to a younger crowd who never saw him play!

CaptainKickass
07-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Shadow -

Much respect for schoolin the youngsters about Starr. I'm older than them - but I still recall Pre-Favre era Packers. It must have been twice as glorious for you in '96.

All you whiners -

Geezus - wipe the frickin sand outta your vagina and throw on some ointment so you can get on with Packers discussion. Grow a pair and don't get allsorts of butt hurt when someone disagrees or calls you a name. Sometimes it's pretty entertaining, but I think you guys lost a few more IQ points just posting your hurt feelings.

BallHawk
07-16-2008, 01:14 AM

If you put this in real life terms it sounds ridiculous. And, yes, this example isn't fullproof, but it's hypothetical.

You retire from your job at Company X. You then proceed to live the good life of retirement for the next few months, but you soon realize that you want to be back at work again. You have the "itch." So then you go back to Company X and say "I want my position and my office back." But Company X has already promoted some guy from a lower position to fill your vacancy.

So should Company X just demote the guy they promoted thinking that you had retired? In that situation, what would give you the right to come back?

I understand people that support Brett, but, Paco, I have two questions.

1. Why do you hate Aaron Rodgers? What has he done besides hold the clipboard and wait paitently for his turn? Read the piece Michael Silver wrote about him on Yahoo. How can you hate that kid?

2. Why should Brett be able to return if he back on March 3rd "I'm done from football, I"m not coming back. I wish the best of luck to Aaron."?

Try to answer intelligently, if that isn't too much for you.

Pacopete4
07-16-2008, 01:36 AM

If you put this in real life terms it sounds ridiculous. And, yes, this example isn't fullproof, but it's hypothetical.

You retire from your job at Company X. You then proceed to live the good life of retirement for the next few months, but you soon realize that you want to be back at work again. You have the "itch." So then you go back to Company X and say "I want my position and my office back." But Company X has already promoted some guy from a lower position to fill your vacancy.

So should Company X just demote the guy they promoted thinking that you had retired? In that situation, what would give you the right to come back?

I understand people that support Brett, but, Paco, I have two questions.

1. Why do you hate Aaron Rodgers? What has he done besides hold the clipboard and wait paitently for his turn? Read the piece Michael Silver wrote about him on Yahoo. How can you hate that kid?

2. Why should Brett be able to return if he back on March 3rd "I'm done from football, I"m not coming back. I wish the best of luck to Aaron."?

Try to answer intelligently, if that isn't too much for you.

1. Where anywhere have I hated Aaron Rodgers? NONE of my posts have been against him but rather for Brett coming back and making our TEAM BETTER. How is that such a bad thing to want Brett and not Aaron QBing this team, this year? Can you explain that intelligently to me???

2. Why can't he return? Youre example does not really work because in everyday work something happens... Favre has missed the mini camps that he always had missed so what is the difference? There is none... He will be in training camp if they give him his job and thats just how it should be...

hope I don't have to dumb it down for you Ballhawk

BallHawk
07-16-2008, 02:00 AM
I hate Aaron Rodgers...

Pacopete4
07-16-2008, 02:05 AM
I am a lying douche bag

Lurker64
07-16-2008, 02:18 AM
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Pacopete4
07-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Lurker is a tool

motife
07-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Favre was asked to make up his mind before the draft on retirement so the team could plan better, which is reasonable. Favre decided to retire and was given great respect and honor by the team and the media.

A few weeks later he had changed his mind. The team said fine, no problem, we'll fly the entire management team down to your house to discuss the details. 2 days before the meeting, Favre calls McCarthy as he and his wife are walking into Mass to say he and Deanna decided to stick with the original decision to retire.

"Are you sure?" asked McCarthy. Favre said yes I'm sure.

Faced with this "finality", (with the emotional Favre what is though), the team made a full commitment to life without Favre in the OTA's, in the draft, in preparing Aaron Rodgers and rallying the team around him for the 2008 season.

3 weeks before training camp, after all this time and investment in life without Favre for 2008 with a 3 year 1st round QB, and the two definite and final NO'S from Favre, Favre announces his NO'S were not NO'S and wants to come in and pull the rug out under Aaron Rodgers and the whole team.