PDA

View Full Version : The Cover of New Yorker Magazine

texaspackerbacker
07-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Why did New Yorker Magazine--which is run by the absolute worst kind of left wing trash--the kind that supports a damned extremist America-hater like Obama to the hilt--publish a magazine with a cover displaying for the whole world the most blatant stereotype that has been applied to Obama and his wife? He is caricatured as a terrorist-supporting Muslim, while his wife is pictured as a gun-toting black radical.

Obviously, no conservative could get away with disparaging the left's best hope for inflicting their evil anti-American agenda on the American people. Even McCain condemned the publishers for perhaps crossing the line (or is it coming too close to the truth?) about the Obamas.

My theory is that this is another incarnation of the old Archie Bunker syndrome. Elitist left wingers think they are preaching to the American people. In the caae of the Archie Bunker character, they thought America would revile him as a bigot. Instead, the large majority of people looked at Archie and said, yup that's me--that's my outlook on life.

This Obama thing, I think, was designed by its leftist creators to portray Obama as a victim of stereotyping and conservative propaganda. Their little cartoon seems to be backfiring, though, as their own people are condemning it, and most good normal Americans are looking at the caricatures and saying, yup, I think they stumbled onto some real truth there.

oregonpackfan
07-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Feeling especially confrontational tonight, Texas? I see you have started several political threads. :roll:

texaspackerbacker
07-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Several? Just this one. Why do YOU think an extreme left rag like New Yorker would trash Obama like that--even in jest?

Jimx29
07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2cyjy4m.gif

bobblehead
07-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Tex this is typical left crap. Imply that the right is calling him a muslim and being bigoted and people will believe these things about the right. You're not far off on the archie comparison. The left loves to stereotype the right as hateful bigots and rascists but gets really upset if anyone on the right stereotypes anything.

Partial
07-16-2008, 12:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAb3TcSWu7Q