PDA

View Full Version : Thompson is a two-faced liar!

PackerBlues
07-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Thats what I got out of the Favre interview on Fox. Favre does not trust Thompson, and why should he?

Thompson comes to GB telling everyone, that he is not going to rebuild. He consistantly stated that. Yet he lets the entire interior line go, Wahle, Rivera, and Flanigan. He replaced these veterans with shit, leading to Favres (and the Packers......in recent memory anyway) worst season, as he spent most of his game time running for his life. Thompson followed that up by letting Green go, after he had come off of another 1000+ yard season, and was also the Packers 3rd best reciever (in the stats). Argue about injuries all you want with Green, but then tell me who replaced Green..............and when(meaning, how long after Green left for the Texans).

Thompson followed that by telling everyone that he was happy with the job that Mike Sherman was doing, and he even extended his contract............just before he fired him. Nothing two-faced about that, is there? :roll:

How about Thompson telling everyone that he went to bed before the draft thinking that he had a deal in place with Randy Moss. Yet Moss stated that he did not want to deal with the Packers after the one single meeting/conversation that he had with them. Tell me, if Moss never talked to them again, why would Thompson think that he had a deal in place? Is he just that damned incompetent, or is he the lying pric that Farve says he is?

A few other things. As far as Thompson saying that Favre called in March about coming back, then changing his mind. I think it may have been more along the lines of Favre being fed up with Thompson and his puppet/yes-man M3 consistantly trying to talk him into staying retired to "protect his legacy", and more than likely Favre decided at that time that he was going to have to take another route to play again, rather than continue to smack his head against the wall dealing with the assholes trying to push him out. As far as the trips to Mississippi, after all of this has come out, I really doubt that any of those trips by members of the Packers organization were to welcome Favre to come back, but instead just more of the company line of "please stay retired so that we can protect your legacy" bullshit.

On top of that, for all of you shitheads that defend Thompson by saying "but look, he drafted two Quarter backs because he thought that Favre was retired"..............What the fuck ever happened to your claim that Thompson only drafts the "best player available"???????????? Kind of convenient for you all to forget that little fact isn't it? In other words, Thompson would have drafted those two QB's anyways, because he always takes the "BPA"...........just ask Justin Harrell.

(By the way JH, before you respond, just spit em out. Go ahead, release your lip-lock on Thompsons nuts, and just spit em out.)

arcilite
07-16-2008, 10:49 AM
lol wut

Spaulding
07-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Looks like you think you can play GM better than TT. My bet is on Thompson. Favre's a hell of a player and first ballot hall of famer but he's a player and not the GM.

I understand loyalty but it seems all this hate towards TT is getting ridiculous. If you truly love the Packers and not just Brett then you have to admit going 13-3 last year was partly due to TT's actions. Those of you giving Brett the vast credit for 13-3 will think otherwise. Also, those of you rooting for Rodgers to fail shows your true colors.

Maybe TT is a liar, maybe not but as of right now until we have taped conversations, transcripts, etc. it's simply a lack of communication between TT/M3 and the face of the francise.

arcilite
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
So what if the GM lies to people. He needs to have some sort of secrecy with what his plan will be. I don't want him running around telling everyone what he really wants to do.

The Leaper
07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
While I mostly disagree with the purpose of your rant, I can't help but say that a few of your points have merit.

Thompson's handling of Sherman was certainly baffling to say the least, and cost Green Bay a lot of cash.

The Moss thing was strange too...especially when Thompson acknowledged that he thought they had a deal in place.

Thompson is a shrewd GM...not being completely honest is part of the job requirement. So, I can understand how Favre or any player could feel like not trusting Thompson at his word.

Bossman641
07-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Mr. Blues, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

sheepshead
07-16-2008, 11:08 AM
14-4 and the number rated pass protecting offensive line in football in 2007. Ahman Green? Puuulleeesssseee.

Zool
07-16-2008, 11:38 AM
You guys need to understand, this is his persona. He's been like this since JSO. It's all for reaction.

SkinBasket
07-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Mr. Blues, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

You obviously haven't read his threads in the past. This one reads like a summnation of PB's long history of uneducated nonsense. His life works if you will. It's nice of him to put it in one place and all, but I guess it doesn't make it any less stupid.

This is one big ol' pot of dumb and nothing more than the continuation of the blind, moronic Thompson hate that some people here just can't let go of.

SkinBasket
07-16-2008, 11:41 AM
lol wut

Probably about the only sane response there is for PB's stupidity.

3irty1
07-16-2008, 12:08 PM
What you call two-faced I see as a good thing. Thompson isn't afraid to eat his own children. Its anything but egotistical. Even if you are one of "his guys" your contribution to the team better reflect your pay or you're out.

That being said this is NOT what's happening with Favre. This is a unique situation and Thompson seems to be handling it like a professional.

Thompson did drop the ball on the Moss thing though. Everyone makes mistakes.

cpk1994
07-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Mr. Blues, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.Nice post. You could add retarded to insanely idiotic as well.

retailguy
07-16-2008, 12:30 PM
(By the way JH, before you respond, just spit em out. Go ahead, release your lip-lock on Thompsons nuts, and just spit em out.)

Not sure I agree with most of your post, however, I found this line hilarious.... Nice. :D

PackerBlues
07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
While I mostly disagree with the purpose of your rant, I can't help but say that a few of your points have merit.

Thompson's handling of Sherman was certainly baffling to say the least, and cost Green Bay a lot of cash.

The Moss thing was strange too...especially when Thompson acknowledged that he thought they had a deal in place.

Thompson is a shrewd GM...not being completely honest is part of the job requirement. So, I can understand how Favre or any player could feel like not trusting Thompson at his word.

Sorry for ranting, I am at the library with a half hour limit to get out what I want to say. That being said, now that all of this has been aired publicly/nationally, what does that say to not just the veterans on the team and league wide about the Packers front office, but also to the up and coming stars that Thompson himself has drafted? If I were Barnett, or Hawk, or Jennings, I would be looking to get out of GB as soon as my contract expires. It seems to me, that Thompson himself is preaching that it is all business and that loyalty for past deed mean nothing, so why would anyone want to come to, or stay in GB?

PackerBlues
07-16-2008, 12:35 PM

Not sure I agree with most of your post, however, I found this line hilarious.... Nice. :D

:lol:

Harlan Huckleby
07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
ya, I wish we could return to the days of that open-book, straight shooter Ron Wolf.

:lol: :lol:

Deputy Nutz
07-16-2008, 01:02 PM
If what Favre said was true, and we have really no reason to believe he is lying, not really Favre's style, and that is what we have to go on so far, then Thompson's mistake in all this was to even entertain Brett Favre and his needs for the Green Bay Packers. Now Favre says, "hey he told me this or that. he agreed with me, said he was going to go after so and so, and interview so and so, and then never did."

The funny thing is Thompson thinks for the long term and short term future of this football team, Favre as an aging player, can only think one season at a time. This simply doesn't work. I am sure that Thompson is not the first GM, that has had to hear what is thought to be advice coming from an aging superstar about how to build a franchise, exuse me, to build a winning team going for broke in one season.

Trust, Favre say he can't trust Thompson, and that is the problem, I hasn't Thompson proven to Favre that he can build a winning team? Proof is on the field not in the notebook or in the newspapers.

The Leaper
07-16-2008, 01:08 PM
Trust, Favre say he can't trust Thompson, and that is the problem, I hasn't Thompson proven to Favre that he can build a winning team? Proof is on the field not in the notebook or in the newspapers.

I see your point. However, I think it is possible for Favre to not trust Thompson but still think he does a good job as a GM. As I said somewhere else today...TT is a shrewd GM, and that requires conveniently some deception and not always telling the full truth.

I think Donald Trump is very good at making money. Do I trust him? No.

Deputy Nutz
07-16-2008, 01:20 PM

I see your point. However, I think it is possible for Favre to not trust Thompson but still think he does a good job as a GM. As I said somewhere else today...TT is a shrewd GM, and that requires conveniently some deception and not always telling the full truth.

I think Donald Trump is very good at making money. Do I trust him? No.

You don't pacify your own players with deception, in fact in my opinion you don't even entertain the conversation especially about a player that could be in negotiations with same agent as Favre.

Merlin
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Say that John Elway changed his mind and wanted to go back to the Broncos after Brian Greise was groomed and tagged as the starter. For certain the Broncos would have taken Elway back as the starter. Even though Elway had just won two super bowls, he wasn't near the player he was in his prime. But, he was a good leader and a decent QB.

Favre changes his mind and he is told he may have a different role with the team because they have moved on. The is a player coming off of one of the best seasons in his career, and NFC championship appearance and by all signs, not showing his age at all. Easily a top 10 if not top 5 QB in the league last year. He has more in the tank then Elway, is coming off of a successful season, and the Packers attitude is "different role", "we have moved on"?

Sounds like there is a lot more to what is being said then meets the eye. Favre can still play, he still has it and can play at a high level. John Elway was very much not the same but stuck in it for two final years while his team carried him to the Super Bowl. Brett asks to come back, the Packers have a cold shoulder. If Elway would have wanted back, you kow the Broncos would not have handled it anywhere near how the Packers are.

Something isn't right here and although I don't have any idea what it is, I am sure Thompson has not been upfront and honest about his beliefs and this team.

bobblehead
07-16-2008, 02:01 PM
If what Favre said was true, and we have really no reason to believe he is lying, not really Favre's style, and that is what we have to go on so far, then Thompson's mistake in all this was to even entertain Brett Favre and his needs for the Green Bay Packers. Now Favre says, "hey he told me this or that. he agreed with me, said he was going to go after so and so, and interview so and so, and then never did."

The funny thing is Thompson thinks for the long term and short term future of this football team, Favre as an aging player, can only think one season at a time. This simply doesn't work. I am sure that Thompson is not the first GM, that has had to hear what is thought to be advice coming from an aging superstar about how to build a franchise, exuse me, to build a winning team going for broke in one season.

Its possible that favre is telling the truth as he PERCIEVES it yet is way off base on reality. There are people like that.....posting on this very thread even.

Spaulding
07-16-2008, 02:11 PM

Sorry for ranting, I am at the library with a half hour limit to get out what I want to say. That being said, now that all of this has been aired publicly/nationally, what does that say to not just the veterans on the team and league wide about the Packers front office, but also to the up and coming stars that Thompson himself has drafted? If I were Barnett, or Hawk, or Jennings, I would be looking to get out of GB as soon as my contract expires. It seems to me, that Thompson himself is preaching that it is all business and that loyalty for past deed mean nothing, so why would anyone want to come to, or stay in GB?

Contrary to that post, TT looks to have taken care of the vital veterans during his tenure. It is only with Favre that the drama has played it's way out.

If he felt forced out in March then why lie at his conference? To keep the peace when he felt otherwise? If so that's a PR nightmare for him as people look back and consider future comments to have less meaning as he hasn't been truthful in the past.

Step up and tell the truth, the full truth, nothing but the truth. If he felt forced out at that time and he truely felt he might want to play down the road then what made him think they'd want him back two or three months later?

cheesner
07-16-2008, 02:11 PM

It says no prima donna football player, no mattter who the hell you are, is going to come to Green Bay and put himself above the team.

I won't respond to much from your original incoherent hissy fit, but this:

TT had a deal in place with the Oakland Raiders. Not Moss. It doesn't matter what Moss felt or wanted, his fate was in the hands of Al Davis. Your argument makes absolutely no sense. But there is an interesting theme going with your (or what will have to pass for) logic. You put the player's feelings as more important than the team.

Gunakor
07-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Say that John Elway changed his mind and wanted to go back to the Broncos after Brian Greise was groomed and tagged as the starter. For certain the Broncos would have taken Elway back as the starter. Even though Elway had just won two super bowls, he wasn't near the player he was in his prime. But, he was a good leader and a decent QB.

Favre changes his mind and he is told he may have a different role with the team because they have moved on. The is a player coming off of one of the best seasons in his career, and NFC championship appearance and by all signs, not showing his age at all. Easily a top 10 if not top 5 QB in the league last year. He has more in the tank then Elway, is coming off of a successful season, and the Packers attitude is "different role", "we have moved on"?

Sounds like there is a lot more to what is being said then meets the eye. Favre can still play, he still has it and can play at a high level. John Elway was very much not the same but stuck in it for two final years while his team carried him to the Super Bowl. Brett asks to come back, the Packers have a cold shoulder. If Elway would have wanted back, you kow the Broncos would not have handled it anywhere near how the Packers are.

Something isn't right here and although I don't have any idea what it is, I am sure Thompson has not been upfront and honest about his beliefs and this team.

The situation in Denver was very different. First of all, Green Bay hasn't won a SB since 1996, whereas Denver was coming off of 2 consecutive SB victories. Second, and more importantly, the Broncos did not prepare well for Elway's retirement. They did not have a replacement that they'd been grooming for several years to be the future QB and were extremely confident in like we do. If Elway had asked for his job back and Denver gave it to him, that would probably be the biggest reason for doing so.

But Elway didn't ask to come back, thus Denver didn't tell him he could. So without seeing it for ourselves, how can we know for sure how Denver would have handled that situation?

Merlin
07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
When you look at it, the situation in Denver was similar accept Elway announced that his last season was his last season before the season. I am a huge Elway fan and his following is much like Favre's and their careers were both full of disappointments and triumphs. The only difference is that Favre is playing at a high level and Elway most certainly was not. I stopped watching Denver games and following the team when he did retire. He was a joy to watch, even in his last two seasons when he really didn't have it anymore.

You can bank on Denver taking Elway back if he chose to un-retire at the time because the ownership respected and revered all that Elway had done and he was still a decent QB. With Favre, you know you have a good to great QB and yet you are cold to his return in favor of someone who hasn't started a game in the NFL and has proved nothing.

The Packers respect and revere Favre, it is becoming increasingly clear that Thompson does not. And since he is the one that is calling the shots, his opinion is all that matters. Conventional wisdom is that you take the sure thing, but Thompson has always tried to be smarter then everyone else. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it does not. In something this high profile, he needs to do the sure thing.

Gunakor
07-16-2008, 02:34 PM
You can bank on Denver taking Elway back if he chose to un-retire at the time because the ownership respected and revered all that Elway had done and he was still a decent QB. With Favre, you know you have a good to great QB and yet you are cold to his return in favor of someone who hasn't started a game in the NFL and has proved nothing.

We are merely fans Merlin. You are correct, Rodgers has proved absolutely nothing to us fans. The coaches and players on the Packers roster have had plenty of time to evaluate. You can bet the farm that Rodgers has proven plenty to those who actually make the decisions. And that's all that matters.

Patler
07-16-2008, 03:20 PM
The Packers respect and revere Favre, it is becoming increasingly clear that Thompson does not.

Revere any player? No GM can do that. His objectivity would be gone. Revering is best left to the fans.

mission
07-16-2008, 03:23 PM

We are merely fans Merlin. You are correct, Rodgers has proved absolutely nothing to us fans. The coaches and players on the Packers roster have had plenty of time to evaluate. You can bet the farm that Rodgers has proven plenty to those who actually make the decisions. And that's all that matters.

He's proved to me that he's way better of a talent than I ever knew him to be ... runs well, stands tall, can complete 17+ straight passes in an NFL game.

Just because Brett won a Super Bowl like 29 years ago, doesnt mean he's proved anything to me about this year moving forward.

Besides he's wavering and hates playing football in the cold to the point where he makes poor decisions and looks like he's annoyed to even be there.

Deputy Nutz
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM

The situation in Denver was very different. First of all, Green Bay hasn't won a SB since 1996, whereas Denver was coming off of 2 consecutive SB victories. Second, and more importantly, the Broncos did not prepare well for Elway's retirement. They did not have a replacement that they'd been grooming for several years to be the future QB and were extremely confident in like we do. If Elway had asked for his job back and Denver gave it to him, that would probably be the biggest reason for doing so.

But Elway didn't ask to come back, thus Denver didn't tell him he could. So without seeing it for ourselves, how can we know for sure how Denver would have handled that situation?

In Elways last year he missed several games and Bubby Brister filled in for him and played decently. They believed that Brister would be able to fill in the gap between Griese and Elway. Brister was terrible in 1999.

The Packers simply tried to groom Rodgers behind Favre and he was also a safety precaution in case Favre would retire, the Packers then wouldn't have to find a replacement, and they wouldn't have to leap at an over priced back up QB.

woodbuck27
07-16-2008, 04:41 PM

What's difficult or to use your term... 'somethings not right here' is that this whole affair puts a lot of stress on anyone that believes Favre should have been given time to get over his burnout and then decide on his committment to this season.

Difficult to entirely prove, but it appears to me as if Packer management decided, that depite anyting positive regarding Brett Favre last season, it was time to change the starting QB. It's too in OUR face as that's it.

Favre needed time to say he was committed to 2008, and he felt he needed more rest than in 2007 to get to that. He was pressured to say yes or no to 'are YOU 100% committed'... a YES or NO response was all that was needed, not any waffling. Packer management knew full well that Favre being Favre would need more time. Favre felt the pressure and bought into 'the saving your legacy' crap.

He prematurely announced his retirement, and set what we see today into motion. A nice sell job got Packer management looking ALL RIGHT.

Favre 'of course ' wanted to play but he had to get to himself. He did and now he's making a complete mess of it. Well at least last I read. It changes daily fr. his side but not fr. Packer Managements and the way it exists nothing will change for favre or OUR team as in terms of getting something for Brett Favre.

There will be a change in that I expect. It's a stay tuned situation that he has to help himself solve for his best interests. I hate the way this has gone and going.

KARMA Packerrats.

I hate the way this forum is bouncing crap posts from one side to the other. You toss shit and some will fly back at you. It's time for OUR Packer forum to collectively calm down. People have emotions and loyalties and feelings and some posters here are absolutely displaying hatred and ignorance of their own misdirections.

Don't attack the poster. Attack or argue for or against 'the post'. Otherwise put a clamp on it. This forum is bigger that the Favre Vs Packer management mess.

Isn't it?

Spaulding
07-16-2008, 04:59 PM

What's difficult or to use your term... 'somethings not right here' is that this whole affair puts a lot of stress on anyone that believes Favre should have been given time to get over his burnout and then decide on his committment to this season.

Difficult to entirely prove, but it appears to me as if Packer management decided, that depite anyting positive regarding Brett Favre last season, it was time to change the starting QB. It's too in OUR face as that's it.

Favre needed time to say he was committed to 2008, and he felt he needed more rest than in 2007 to get to that. He was pressured to say yes or no to 'are YOU 100% committed'... a YES or NO response was all that was needed, not any waffling. Packer management knew full well that Favre being Favre would need more time. Favre felt the pressure and bought into 'the saving your legacy' crap.

He prematurely announced his retirement, and set what we see today into motion. A nice sell job got Packer management looking ALL RIGHT.

Favre 'of course ' wanted to play but he had to get to himself. He did and now he's making a complete mess of it. Well at least last I read. It changes daily fr. his side but not fr. Packer Managements and the way it exists nothing will change for favre or OUR team as in terms of getting something for Brett Favre.

There will be a change in that I expect. It's a stay tuned situation that he has to help himself solve for his best interests. I hate the way this has gone and going.

KARMA Packerrats.

I hate the way this forum is bouncing crap posts from one side to the other. You toss shit and some will fly back at you. It's time for OUR Packer forum to collectively calm down. People have emotions and loyalties and feelings and some posters here are absolutely displaying hatred and ignorance of their own misdirections.

Don't attack the poster. Attack or argue for or against 'the post'. Otherwise put a clamp on it. This forum is bigger that the Favre Vs Packer management mess.

Isn't it?

Kumbaya

PackerTimer
07-16-2008, 05:06 PM
There are only two reasons the Packers that can possibly be accepted as to why the Packers are not all that keen on BF coming back. And no one of them is not spite.

1. They believe (based on what they've seen the last year and half) that AR gives them a better chance to win this year.

2. BF might give them a better chance this year but not for the next five years. Therefore they aren't willing to risk losing AR for one or two more years of BF.

It's that simple. Huge difference than what Denver was facing. The Packers know if they welcome back Favre now they could and most likely would lose somebody that they have a ton of faith in. They are protecting the long term future of the franchise. Maybe at the expense of this year but then again maybe not. They might just have that much faith in Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the team.

woodbuck27
07-16-2008, 05:15 PM

Difficult to entirely prove, but it appears to me as if Packer management decided, that depite anything positive regarding Brett Favre last season, it was time to change the starting QB. It's too in OUR face as that's it.

Favre 'of course ' wanted to play but he had to get to himself. He did and now he's making a complete mess of it. Well at least last I read. It changes daily fr. his side but not fr. Packer Management's, and the way it exists nothing will change for Favre or OUR team as in terms of getting something for Brett Favre.

There will be a change in that I expect. It's a stay tuned situation, that he has to help himself solve for his best interests. I hate the way this has gone and going. Favre is looking very wrong here Packer fans. He's tarnishing his image terribly.

On another note:

KARMA Packerrats.

Isn't it?

Zool
07-16-2008, 05:37 PM
You're quoting yourself now Woodrow?

SkinBasket
07-16-2008, 06:40 PM
This is one big ol' pot of dumb

bobblehead
07-16-2008, 08:27 PM
When I was managing several people it seemed that employees that always thought I was doing a horrible job and acted much like favre is acting right now were generally my worst least productive employees. They really found it irritating that I couldn't constantly make exceptions for them and that I actually held them accountable.

What am I getting at? I have no clue I guess. Simply that favre reminds me of some really shitty employees I had back in the day and MM reminds me of a manager trying to get a spoiled brat to put in all the time necessary to succeed.

Brett should be licking holmgrens and McCartheys hairy bean bag and thanking them for turning him into a great QB and rescuing him from being nothing more than a strong armed interception machine.

I wish that after last season brett had that hunger again and wanted it so bad that he came back 3 weeks later and bugged MM all offseason about winning a superbowl, but he didn't and now its too late.

pbmax
07-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Everyone, including posters on this and other boards, thought that leaving Sherman with a contract "as is" was placing him in a lame duck situation, which, given his previous level of success, was an unfair way to treat him.

Thompson gave him the extension, retooled the roster and the bottom fell out.

Thompson dumped Sherman and hired his own coach. Agree with this decision or not, this is entirely his call. Not even Notre Dame lets coaches complete their contract anymore if they think its time for a change. This story is as old as the hills. New GMs don't usually want to work with other people's hires. Especially ones that have previously held your job.

If Thompson was two-faced as you claim, he would have dangled the contract and then after deciding to dump him, would have pulled it. But no, Sherman got his extension and money despite losing the job.

The Packer lived up to their end of the bargain and Sherman got paid. Harlan knew this was a possibility, which is why the Packers didn't get a new GM when Wolf retired. He realized his mistake and hired Thompson knowing this could be the end result. They are all big boys and knew this could happen.

Thompson followed that by telling everyone that he was happy with the job that Mike Sherman was doing, and he even extended his contract............just before he fired him. Nothing two-faced about that, is there?

pbmax
07-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Flynn carried a fifth or sixth round grade, and Thompson had passed him once and decided it was foolish to do so again. This was a value pick.

Brohm might be a different story. If Favre had unretired they may still have taken him in the second. The year prior, before an injury and a poor season for his team, Brohm had been talked about as a first round talent. He might have been a value pick regardless of Brett. Or, as a GM might do in such situations, if more than one player was worthy of being taken there, then they might have traded down again.

Remember that all Wolf's rules for the draft and player acquistion (and I think Thompson's, although we have less evidence) went out the window when it came time for QBs, CBs, Left Tackles and pass rushers. He tried to collect them like he had OCD. Remember T2's one big FA signing was a CB.

On top of that, for all of you shitheads that defend Thompson by saying "but look, he drafted two Quarter backs because he thought that Favre was retired"..............What the fuck ever happened to your claim that Thompson only drafts the "best player available"????????????

ND72
07-16-2008, 08:54 PM
Thats what I got out of the Favre interview on Fox. Favre does not trust Thompson, and why should he?

Thompson comes to GB telling everyone, that he is not going to rebuild. He consistantly stated that. Yet he lets the entire interior line go, Wahle, Rivera, and Flanigan. He replaced these veterans with shit, leading to Favres (and the Packers......in recent memory anyway) worst season, as he spent most of his game time running for his life. Thompson followed that up by letting Green go, after he had come off of another 1000+ yard season, and was also the Packers 3rd best reciever (in the stats). Argue about injuries all you want with Green, but then tell me who replaced Green..............and when(meaning, how long after Green left for the Texans).

Thompson followed that by telling everyone that he was happy with the job that Mike Sherman was doing, and he even extended his contract............just before he fired him. Nothing two-faced about that, is there? :roll:

How about Thompson telling everyone that he went to bed before the draft thinking that he had a deal in place with Randy Moss. Yet Moss stated that he did not want to deal with the Packers after the one single meeting/conversation that he had with them. Tell me, if Moss never talked to them again, why would Thompson think that he had a deal in place? Is he just that damned incompetent, or is he the lying pric that Favre says he is?

A few other things. As far as Thompson saying that Favre called in March about coming back, then changing his mind. I think it may have been more along the lines of Favre being fed up with Thompson and his puppet/yes-man M3 consistantly trying to talk him into staying retired to "protect his legacy", and more than likely Favre decided at that time that he was going to have to take another route to play again, rather than continue to smack his head against the wall dealing with the assholes trying to push him out. As far as the trips to Mississippi, after all of this has come out, I really doubt that any of those trips by members of the Packers organization were to welcome Favre to come back, but instead just more of the company line of "please stay retired so that we can protect your legacy" bullshit.

On top of that, for all of you shitheads that defend Thompson by saying "but look, he drafted two Quarter backs because he thought that Favre was retired"..............What the fuck ever happened to your claim that Thompson only drafts the "best player available"???????????? Kind of convenient for you all to forget that little fact isn't it? In other words, Thompson would have drafted those two QB's anyways, because he always takes the "BPA"...........just ask Justin Harrell.

blah blah blah blah blah. If Favre told you to jump off a bridge would you?

I'll trust Thompson and my franchise he runs of the Green Bay Packers over their retired old Quarterback.

bobblehead
07-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Flynn carried a fifth or sixth round grade, and Thompson had passed him once and decided it was foolish to do so again. This was a value pick.

Brohm might be a different story. If Favre had unretired they may still have taken him in the second. The year prior, before an injury and a poor season for his team, Brohm had been talked about as a first round talent. He might have been a value pick regardless of Brett. Or, as a GM might do in such situations, if more than one player was worthy of being taken there, then they might have traded down again.

Remember that all Wolf's rules for the draft and player acquistion (and I think Thompson's, although we have less evidence) went out the window when it came time for QBs, CBs, Left Tackles and pass rushers. He tried to collect them like he had OCD. Remember T2's one big FA signing was a CB.

On top of that, for all of you shitheads that defend Thompson by saying "but look, he drafted two Quarter backs because he thought that Favre was retired"..............What the fuck ever happened to your claim that Thompson only drafts the "best player available"????????????

Not sure if it holds anymore, but a friend and I did a quick rundown of starters in the NFL and the round they were drafted in. QB and LT were by far the most often first and second round talents. That tells me that its a consensus that these are the 2 most desired positions in the league. It stands to reason that pass rushers who can beat a LT and hit a QB would be high in value as well.