PDA

View Full Version : Packers file tampering charges against the Vikings

Gunakor
07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_9901075?source=rss

There's a report on foxsports.com that states the Packers have filed tampering charges with the NFL against the Vikings regarding inappropriate contact with Brett Favre. The report states the Packers allege Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell has had inappropriate contact with Favre, who is retired but still under contract with the Packers. Bevell is a former Packers assistant coach from 2000-05.

A Vikings spokesman did not immediately return a message seeking comment. Favre wants out of Green Bay and has asked for his unconditional release so he can end his retirement and play for another team. There's speculation that the Vikings could be a possible destination for Favre.

Deputy Nutz
07-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Maybe we can scroll down and make sure there isn't already a thread, I know this has been a trying time and all.

Gunakor
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Oh srry didn't see it... Just saw a blip accross my screen a minute ago and looked it up. My bad.

Kiwon
07-16-2008, 07:50 PM
I love it! Let's get the bad blood going early before the first game.

(Well, strictly from a fan's perspective this is the least boring off-season in memory. If Farve plays, hopefully he'll be in green and not white. Farve in a Vikes uniform at Lambeau field? It's just too difficult to imagine.)