PDA

View Full Version : Will Favre show for Winters/Brown induction Sat at Lambeau?

motife
07-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Brett Favre and Bart Starr are the scheduled presenters for the Packer Hall of Fame induction ceremony for DT Gilbert Brown, C Frank Winters and video director Al Treml this Saturday.

Could be awkward for more than a few people if he makes it. Could be awkward if he doesn't. Another bridge burned.

Frank Winters was his best friend at one time.

One ESPN reporter said when Keith Olbermann left the network, "He didn't just burn bridges. He napalmed them."

Favre isn't there yet, but...

Joemailman
07-16-2008, 10:47 PM
None of the choices in the poll work for me. I think he will be there, but there will be neither healing nor hell. More like an uneasy truce so as not to overshadow the festivities.

Harlan Huckleby
07-16-2008, 11:01 PM
how about "Yes but it will be neither hellish or healing."

edit: I had the same comment as joemailman. i feel ashamed.

Freak Out
07-16-2008, 11:03 PM
He'll fucking be there....this is about friendship and teammates.

The Leaper
07-17-2008, 08:20 AM
He'll be there.

It won't be healing.

It won't be hell...unless you are the media trying to ask a question to Favre. I'm guessing the media will have a difficult time tracking Favre down.

texaspackerbacker
07-17-2008, 09:12 AM
None of the choices in the poll work for me. I think he will be there, but there will be neither healing nor hell. More like an uneasy truce so as not to overshadow the festivities.

I put healing, but actually, this is my thought also.

cpk1994
07-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I think he should stay home and let Frankie have his day. Brett could just politely tell Frankie he doesn't wnat to cuase a ruckus by coming and runing Frankie's day. I would like to thinkn that Frankie would understand, considering the circumstances.

motife
07-17-2008, 09:51 AM
Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy will be there.

If Brett doesn't talk with them, or they don't talk to Brett that will have some significance.

I agree, if he comes, it will be icy. That's what I meant by "hell".