PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

Charles Woodson
07-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Anyone else hitting the midnight showing like me?

MadtownPacker
07-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Yup, only the cream of the crop, Partial, Ballhawk, and Harlan.

BallHawk
07-18-2008, 05:21 AM

I'm in England dude, that movie isn't even out here.

I'm not batty about the movie anyway, I wouldn't be in a rush to see it.

I'm going to see the Edge of Love, however. Sienna Miller and Kiera Knightley....should be good.

Charles Woodson
07-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Holy shit :shock:

Best movie ive seen in a looong time, Heath Ledger played the joker perfect. damn though it was good

MadtownPacker
07-18-2008, 08:44 AM

I'm going to see the Edge of Love, however. Sienna Miller and Kiera Knightley....should be good.Oh yeah, that is gonna make me rethink grouping you with those losers.

BTW - Fuck the UK.

Partial
07-18-2008, 12:49 PM

I'm going to see the Edge of Love, however. Sienna Miller and Kiera Knightley....should be good.

Be a man. You're such a girl.

Charles Woodson
07-18-2008, 01:03 PM

Big words coming from such a small guy

Deputy Nutz
07-18-2008, 01:07 PM

He is a stout 5'7

Charles Woodson
07-18-2008, 01:08 PM

He is a stout 5'7
Na, Na, nutz you got it all wrong, hes gotta be at least 7'12

SkinBasket
07-18-2008, 03:18 PM

Best movie ive seen in a looong time, Heath Ledger played the joker perfect. damn though it was good

Aren't you the... no I just looked it up, nevermind. You weren't the guy who really liked Norbit. I won't say who it was in case they've regained their sanity.

Charles Woodson
07-18-2008, 03:33 PM

Aren't you the... no I just looked it up, nevermind. You weren't the guy who really liked Norbit. I won't say who it was in case they've regained their sanity.

Never seen norbit, but i would imagine like most eddie murphy movies they sucked

GoPackGo
07-18-2008, 03:39 PM

Never seen norbit, but i would imagine like most eddie murphy movies they sucked

I liked Eddie in the Golden Child

I, I, I want the knife......Please

Charles Woodson
07-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Btw, it broke a record at 18 million grossed, most for a midnight showing

BallHawk
07-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Kiera Knightley is a goddess.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-18-2008, 06:42 PM

If you like your women to look like teenage boys.

BallHawk
07-18-2008, 06:49 PM

If you like your women to look like teenage boys.

I didn't write that. Harlan hacked my account.

BallHawk
07-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Do I need to have seen Batman Begins to understand what the hell is going on?

Partial
07-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Do I need to have seen Batman Begins to understand what the hell is going on?

Dude... how are you missing two of the best movies in years?!? Yes, you should watch Batman Begins to get educated.

MadtownPacker
07-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Do I need to have seen Batman Begins to understand what the hell is going on?If you dont know what the deal is with Batman you should probably stick to watching chica flick you lil pan.

BallHawk
07-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Do I need to have seen Batman Begins to understand what the hell is going on?If you dont know what the deal is with Batman you should probably stick to watching chica flick you lil pan.

I don't go to the movies too often on the account that most things put out now are absolute shit. I'd rather stay at home and watch movies that most people will never see, great movies, compared to going to the movies to see the latest pile of hot shit.

However, with all the good reviews about batman I will see it.

Now can someone answer my question?

MadtownPacker
07-19-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't go to the movies too often on the account that most things put out now are absolute shit. I'd rather stay at home and watch movies that most people will never see, great movies, compared to going to the movies to see the latest pile of hot shit.

However, with all the good reviews about batman I will see it.

Now can someone answer my question?I aint the run to the theatre type either and agree that most of the new stuff is shit but the Bale Batman is believable. The darkness of the city and the hero are well done. I aint sen the second one but for this one I might hit the bigscreen.

So yes, watch the first one because it is good.

The Leaper
07-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Go see it Mad...it is worth it. Dark Knight is better than Batman Begins...it isn't close. Ledger is captivating.

Charles Woodson
07-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Go see it Mad...it is worth it. Dark Knight is better than Batman Begins...it isn't close. Ledger is captivating.

My point exactly. Ledger.... Just the way he spoke as the joker put chills down your spine.

Partial
07-20-2008, 10:38 PM
The Dark Knight is good but it is getting overhyped. After seeing it twice, it was a poor decision to end the movie the way it did.

below contains spoilers

They should have ended Harvey's part at the hospital. He would be a good villain for #3 and his story felt so incomplete. I would have liked to see the "dark knight" speech after having Batman having to kill a swat member or two to stop the joker and save the lives of the hostages. Instead, they did the dumb harvey thing.

Charles Woodson
07-20-2008, 11:27 PM
The Dark Knight is good but it is getting overhyped. After seeing it twice, it was a poor decision to end the movie the way it did.

I agree with what you said on how it ended P, but i really need to see it again, i mean after all i saw it at midnight with a chick.. Bad idea if you wana pay attention to the movie

3irty1
07-21-2008, 06:40 AM
I agree that it was a bit long. I feel like somewhere in there was a great 110 minute movie. Not that I was being put to sleep or anything but there was just a movie and a half worth of stuff.

Partial
07-21-2008, 10:30 AM
I agree that it was a bit long. I feel like somewhere in there was a great 110 minute movie. Not that I was being put to sleep or anything but there was just a movie and a half worth of stuff.

that and the...

spoilers below

whole two-face thing was underdeveloped and really shallow. All of a sudden he went from the white knight to the bad guy. Where was the development? Also, he didn't even have henchmen yet. My guess is he is not dead yet. Otherwise what was the point of doing it?

The Leaper
07-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I disagree on the ending. I think it perfectly fits the entire concept of who Batman is and the fight he is taking on...and how it proves to Gotham's leaders why they NEED Batman.

packers11
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM

My point exactly. Ledger.... Just the way he spoke as the joker put chills down your spine.

couldn't agree more... I heard he went absolutely insane trying to play the role though (getting addicted to stuff)... * this might be the most selfish sentence i've wrote in awhile but... * I wish he hadn't died because he alone would have made the next couple of batmans so interesting. I just can't get over how good he was as the character of Joker.

Its going to be hard to replace that performance they he put on during that movie.

Charles Woodson
07-21-2008, 01:03 PM

couldn't agree more... I heard he went absolutely insane trying to play the role though (getting addicted to stuff)... * this might be the most selfish sentence i've wrote in awhile but... * I wish he hadn't died because he alone would have made the next couple of batmans so interesting. I just can't get over how good he was as the character of Joker.

Its going to be hard to replace that performance they he put on during that movie.

I agree with you 100% his performance should deffienetly win him an award

The Leaper
07-21-2008, 01:48 PM

I doubt you see the Joker again in this series of Batman installments...out of respect for Ledger and because I can't see Bale and the crew making more than 4 of these flicks. There are still numerous Batman villians they can turn to in future films without having to bring the Joker back.

Partial
07-21-2008, 04:23 PM
I disagree on the ending. I think it perfectly fits the entire concept of who Batman is and the fight he is taking on...and how it proves to Gotham's leaders why they NEED Batman.

I agree with that, but they didn't need to end it the way they did for that.

spoilers below

Two-face is one of the biggest, baddest villains in Gotham. What are weak exit for what would have been an epic character. My solution to still give the "Dark Knight" speech would have been for Batman having to have killed a few cops to save the hostages, and have Gordon witness this, and then have an almost identical conversation with Gordon and Batman, except saying the Joker won because so many citizens were killed, and that Harvey Dent reportedly was spotted murdering cop x in the bar. Then, Gordon can tell the police to chase Batman like he does, and someone can ask Gordon why he did that, and he says hte "cause he can take it, cause he's what gotham needs blah blah blah". I simply have to believe Harvey isn't dead, or they really wasted a great villain.

Anybody else get the feeling they planned around having the Joker back for #3? I sure did.

Partial
07-21-2008, 04:24 PM

I doubt you see the Joker again in this series of Batman installments...out of respect for Ledger and because I can't see Bale and the crew making more than 4 of these flicks. There are still numerous Batman villians they can turn to in future films without having to bring the Joker back.

Not really. The Ridler? Too similiar to the Joker. Bane? Could be cool. Penguin? How do you make the penguin seem dark and evil? Bring back Danny D.