PDA

View Full Version : TIM BROWN blasts Favre

packers11
07-17-2008, 08:30 PM
pft.com

TIM BROWN SAYS FAVRE SHOULD STAY RETIRED

Posted by Mike Florio on July 17, 2008, 9:07 p.m.

Retired receiver Tim Brown, who is destined to have a bust that shares space in Canton with a bronze sculpture of Brett Favre, says that Favre should remain retired.

Brown told Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times that there’s “absolutely, positively no way” that Favre will return to the Green Bay Packers. And Brown indicates that the Packers not only don’t want Favre now, but that they didn’t want him in 2007.

“I don’t think he serves himself or anybody any good by coming back,” Brown said. ”Bottom line is this: If this was anybody else, this wouldn’t be a conversation, because they’d be like, ‘Man, you’re retired. Go on about your business. What’s wrong with you?’

“But because it’s Brett Favre and it’s the legendary quarterback, everybody’s having these conversations. He puts the team and his teammates in a position where they have to say the right thing. You can’t say anything bad about Brett Favre publicly. Are you kidding me? Who are you to say something bad about Brett Favre? But I know for a fact that the organization doesn’t want him back. They didn’t want him there last year.”

Wow. It’s a strong statement, and we’d love to know more about the basis for Brown’s conclusion.

Brown also thinks that the current problem has its roots in the fact that there’s no one close to Favre who can tell him that he needs to stay on his farm in Mississippi.

“Everybody goes through what he’s going through where you say, ‘I’m going back. I can still do it,’ “ Brown said. ”But it takes somebody around you to say, ‘No, you’re not. I remember what you said at the end of the season, and you’re not going back.’

“Obviously, [Favre] doesn’t have anybody around him to tell him that.”

Joemailman
07-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Yawn.

MJZiggy
07-17-2008, 08:35 PM
“Everybody goes through what he’s going through where you say, ‘I’m going back. I can still do it,’ “ Brown said. ”But it takes somebody around you to say, ‘No, you’re not. I remember what you said at the end of the season, and you’re not going back.’

“Obviously, [Favre] doesn’t have anybody around him to tell him that.”

He has TT to tell him that...

green_bowl_packer
07-17-2008, 08:39 PM
He knows for a fact that the Pack didn't want Favre last year? I'd like to hear more about this. Was it get the records and get out?

Lurker64
07-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Ted Thompson may not be welcome in Hattiesburg these days.

packinpatland
07-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Guess I'm not too well read.........who is Tim Brown?

MadtownPacker
07-17-2008, 08:46 PM
The poor man's Jerry Rice.

Doesn't really seem like he did much blasting to me.

KYPack
07-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Guess I'm not too well read.........who is Tim Brown?

1st ballot (to be) HOFer from Da Raiduz.

Smart guy, that's real strong stuff coming from Tim.

Don't know how he'd know the Packers didn't want BLF, tho.