PDA

View Full Version : this guy hit the nail on the head

Stevogbfan
07-17-2008, 09:57 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/07/17/favre.snaps/index.html?eref=T1

more than i can say for brett favre...

don't blam TT, he was just doing his job!

sorry bout "another favre post" just thought he made a good point

Zool
07-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Interesting, I thought SI writers were contractually obligated to love Brett?

HarveyWallbangers
07-17-2008, 10:10 PM
NFL.com has a vote. Favre or the Packers organization. You too can vote.

http://www.nfl.com/

What a shame.

Jimx29
07-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Is lying a required part of his job? :?:

HowardRoark
07-17-2008, 10:16 PM
I liked this line.....

Sorry, but this has to be asked: Greta Van Susteren? What, was Nancy Grace already booked that night? For a minute there I thought Favre might have some new information on the Natalee Holloway disappearance.

Bretsky
07-17-2008, 10:19 PM

What a shame.

yikes

61% side with BF

Harlan Huckleby
07-17-2008, 10:33 PM
well, no kidding. Most people around the country love Brett Favre, and they don't know the whole story of what went down.

Ask Packer fans "Should Brett Favre be guaranteed a starting position?", which is now the crux of the matter, and you will see a very different result.

Bretsky
07-17-2008, 10:36 PM
[quote="Harlan Huckleby"]well, no kidding. Most people around the country love Brett Favre, and they don't know the whole story of what went down.
quote]

Newsflash

We don't either

We just think we do cause we've followed what's been reported to the best of our ability

bobblehead
07-17-2008, 10:36 PM
actually no poll matters one iota. TT has a job to do, and self preservation tells you he is going to do what is best for his career which coincides with winning. It doesn't matter what a lot of fans think, TT gets to make the call because he rebuilt this team and he alone has to live and die with his decision.

RashanGary
07-17-2008, 10:47 PM
actually no poll matters one iota. TT has a job to do, and self preservation tells you he is going to do what is best for his career which coincides with winning. It doesn't matter what a lot of fans think, TT gets to make the call because he rebuilt this team and he alone has to live and die with his decision.

Yep. It's loud and nasty right now but one more year, after MM/TT prove they have a great team without Favre, everyones mouths will be shut once again. Really, it seems more Packer fans than not have confidence in the Packer management even now, but in a few months the wannabe GM's and Favre jock sniffers will be forced to keep their traps shut. I will thoroughly enjoy it although that gets kinda boring. This might be more fun :)

Harlan Huckleby
07-17-2008, 10:49 PM
LET HIM PLAY

Bretsky, what are you saying with this statement?

The Packers are not stopping Favre from playing. They can likely work-out a trade if Favre wants to play. Favre hasn't filed his papers.

And the Packers have offered to take Favre back on the team, where chances are good that he will find playing time as a starter, or in relief of Rodgers.

Or do you REALLY mean: BENCH RODGERS AND GUARANTEE FAVRE A STARTING JOB

Your current statement leaves the false impression that the Packers are preventing Favre from playing. Say what you mean.

RashanGary
07-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, Bretsky's caught up a little too much in the drama here. Have you been paying attention, Bretsky?

Badgerinmaine
07-17-2008, 11:15 PM

What a shame.

Yup.

On the same site, they have an interesting slide show of players ending their careers in places other than where they were most famous. The weirdest one to me was being reminded that Joe Namath ended up with the Rams.

twoseven
07-18-2008, 05:49 AM
On the same site, they have an interesting slide show of players ending their careers in places other than where they were most famous. By interesting, do you mean sad?

cpk1994
07-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Interesting, I thought SI writers were contractually obligated to love Brett?No, thats FavreSPN, I mean ESPN.

twoseven
07-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Interesting, I thought SI writers were contractually obligated to love Brett?No, thats FavreSPN, I mean ESPN.They're currently working on ESPN 4, set to lauch September 2008.

Stevogbfan
07-19-2008, 09:03 AM
Is lying a required part of his job? :?:

what job doesn't require a little lying every now and then

you think brett hasen't lied in all this...
i am officially retiring from the nfl & the green bay packers
it's been a great relationship with the packers
i hope they appropriate me as much as i do them
i don't want to play anymore
it's hard living up to being brett favre...

i could go on and on... just go watch the retirement speech again

so in answer to your question... yes, some lies are just bigger than others

packinpatland
07-19-2008, 09:09 AM
well, no kidding. Most people around the country love Brett Favre, and they don't know the whole story of what went down.

Ask Packer fans "Should Brett Favre be guaranteed a starting position?", which is now the crux of the matter, and you will see a very different result.

No one knows the 'whole story'........which makes all this speculation worthless.

packinpatland
07-19-2008, 09:20 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8095ffd2
(Vetrans discuss Favre)

Tim Brown says the Packers didn't want Brett there last year...........any truth to that?

HarveyWallbangers
07-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Tim Brown says the Packers didn't want Brett there last year...........any truth to that?

I'm guessing he's speculating. The media is good at that.

packinpatland
07-19-2008, 10:17 AM

Whatever happened to having to check and recheck, verify and reverify your sources before you print. Tim Brown (future HOFer) didn't say 'I think, or I heard, or someone said'..........he just plain said the Packers didn't want Brett there last year. So..............stop the presses......print it as fact.

Bretsky
07-19-2008, 10:56 AM

Whatever happened to having to check and recheck, verify and reverify your sources before you print. Tim Brown (future HOFer) didn't say 'I think, or I heard, or someone said'..........he just plain said the Packers didn't want Brett there last year. So..............stop the presses......print it as fact.

Hey, we agree on something :lol:

MJZiggy
07-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Welcome to 24/7 news. Gotta fill the airwaves and news pages with something--and gotta do it first--so when you can't find enough facts, you use "truthiness" instead. Thank you Steven Colbert.

I agree completely. They should rush to put it on the air, as soon as they verify it's a fact. Gotta love the phrase "an e-mail to the Packers was not returned."

packinpatland
07-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Remember in that movie 'All the President's Men'........Bernstein and Woodward had to verify every single thing they wrote.......and the editor had to 'trust' that there really was a 'Deep Throat'.
Those days are gone.

MJZiggy
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
They're just gossipping like we are. They are just gossipping with "better sources"

packinpatland
07-19-2008, 02:08 PM
They're just gossipping like we are. They are just gossipping with "better sources"

.........and getting published. :roll:

Zool
07-19-2008, 10:15 PM

.........and getting published. :roll:

And paid, and called an expert or analyst.

MJZiggy
07-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Ok, so they've got a few perks. Doesn't mean they actually KNOW any more than we do...

packinpatland
07-20-2008, 07:21 AM
That's pretty much what I said. Writers today just write, they don't verify anything as truth or fact before they write. Guess that would make some of them 'great writers of fiction'.