PDA

View Full Version : crossword puzzles

Harlan Huckleby
07-19-2008, 12:50 AM
if you are a cool person or tough guy you should go read the thread about playing online poker. This thread is for weenies.

I have always HATED crossword puzzles because I hate trivia. But lately I've been solving the puzzle in the newspaper cause some of it is clever and fun. Turns out that the daily puzzle from most papers is avail. free online in a nice FLASH implementation:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/outdoors/chi-sa-crossword-htmlpage,0,250019.htmlpage

The advantage of doing it online is the convienent cheating facility. IF you get a dumbass clue about the first name of some obscure dumbass, you just click a button and it fills in the word for you.

texaspackerbacker
07-19-2008, 10:44 AM
I prefer sudoku.

It's good for the bowel--more incentive to take a long leisurely shit while doing a sudoku. I bet it would work with a crossword puzzle, though, too.

I'm getting to feel like a sudoku right now.

MJZiggy
07-19-2008, 10:48 AM
if you are a cool person or tough guy you should go read the thread about playing online poker. This thread is for weenies.

I have always HATED crossword puzzles because I hate trivia. But lately I've been solving the puzzle in the newspaper cause some of it is clever and fun. Turns out that the daily puzzle from most papers is avail. free online in a nice FLASH implementation:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/outdoors/chi-sa-crossword-htmlpage,0,250019.htmlpage

The advantage of doing it online is the convienent cheating facility. IF you get a dumbass clue about the first name of some obscure dumbass, you just click a button and it fills in the word for you.

I hear crossword puzzles are supposed to be good for you old farts...

MadtownPacker
07-19-2008, 10:58 AM
It's good for the bowel--more incentive to take a long leisurely shit while doing a sudoku. I bet it would work with a crossword puzzle, though, too.So you are saying it bored the shit out of you? :lol:

texaspackerbacker
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
No. I'm saying it's a pleasant way to multi-task.

retailguy
07-19-2008, 08:29 PM
you have to work at taking a dump? :shock:

Christ I don't wanna get old. :P

bobblehead
07-19-2008, 11:10 PM
HgH will cure that for ya. you won't get old, you'll just suddenly die a young 75