Source :

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=774397

Thoughts?

Carolina_Packer
07-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Source :

Thoughts?

I hope he keeps that thought in his head. Perhaps he'll have a change of heart when it comes to coming back with the Pack and he'll see that if he shows up and works hard, he may in fact prove to be the best QB, instead of feeling entitled to the job and perhaps taking it for granted, considering how he handled his premature retirement.

HarveyWallbangers
07-20-2008, 01:44 AM
Source :

Thoughts?

Unfortunately, "the other night" meant at the ESPY awards (not his interview with Greta). He didn't thank his teammates at the ESPYs.

Pacopete4
07-20-2008, 02:48 AM
Its that tough era in any mans life, but Brett's is being broadcasted to the public. He is a GREAT guy, he is what we know him for. This me, me, me attitude want to throw on him, ISN'T him... He doesn't know how to act because he wants to play, he wants to be wanted and hey, who doesn't? Who doesn't want that feeling of being needed. He IS A GREAT TEAMMATE... he just doesn't know what to do right now, I dont think (pushed into retirement or not) that he feels that he is done, and the records.. the ring.. the wins... thats not on his agenda... Done in Brett Favre's terms means he simply cannot be him anymore and he realizes that he can be him, he can play the game, he can be a leader, he can have fun, he IS NOT AN OLD MAN... yet, he is a guy that might defy time.. he is who he is and people have loved him for that.. now that he still wants to be that guy, I really think we need to get behind him and realize all he's done for u that he deserves this.. everything he's given us whether its blood, sweat, tears or just simply his time.. he deserves to come back and lead us whether its just one more season or one more game.. he will be the best thing in sports for a lot of us even if we are 24 years old. We might never see something like him again... Brett, dont get down... keep on truckin and we will be behind you!

]{ilr]3
07-20-2008, 07:39 AM
LOL, this was funny! :lol:

Favre stepped in after Dotson and Brown recalled the first time he met Winters 17 years ago. Favre was packing 252 pounds and a rough beard then, and Winters, a new free agent, asked if he was a linebacker.

mmmdk
07-20-2008, 08:23 AM
A big step for Favre - I hope - towards a peace with himself and hopefully retirement.

Brett isn't the sharpest knife (socially) around and the glut of Favres as his advisers haven't helped. Favre is a great human being and an awesome football player; he just blew it. Big deal; this ordeal will not tarnish his legend...yet if he picks up his antics then I'm not so sure.

Lastly, if Favre really wants to play and be the # 1 guy then he should call TT and make things right. Then get his trade.

oregonpackfan
07-20-2008, 10:30 AM
I think Favre is probably in the position of regretting things he has said.

I certainly have had those moments. Usually, one gets into trouble for things he has said rather than for things unsaid.

bobblehead
07-20-2008, 11:10 AM
Its that tough era in any mans life, but Brett's is being broadcasted to the public. He is a GREAT guy, he is what we know him for. This me, me, me attitude want to throw on him, ISN'T him... He doesn't know how to act because he wants to play, he wants to be wanted and hey, who doesn't? Who doesn't want that feeling of being needed. He IS A GREAT TEAMMATE... he just doesn't know what to do right now, I dont think (pushed into retirement or not) that he feels that he is done, and the records.. the ring.. the wins... thats not on his agenda... Done in Brett Favre's terms means he simply cannot be him anymore and he realizes that he can be him, he can play the game, he can be a leader, he can have fun, he IS NOT AN OLD MAN... yet, he is a guy that might defy time.. he is who he is and people have loved him for that.. now that he still wants to be that guy, I really think we need to get behind him and realize all he's done for u that he deserves this.. everything he's given us whether its blood, sweat, tears or just simply his time.. he deserves to come back and lead us whether its just one more season or one more game.. he will be the best thing in sports for a lot of us even if we are 24 years old. We might never see something like him again... Brett, dont get down... keep on truckin and we will be behind you!

Personally I judge a man during times of adversity. Everyone is a great guy when everything goes their way, but when things get a little tough you find a mans true character.

As for what he "deserves", none of the above. He deserves us to remember him fondly, he deserves to go down as one of the all time greats, what he does not deserve is to hold an entire roster accountable to his whims and desires.

Pacopete4
07-20-2008, 12:01 PM
So when he broke his father passed, that wasn't a time of adversity?
How bout when his brother in law died?... he sure was there for the Packers in his tough times and it sure looks like we are turning our back on him now

bobblehead
07-20-2008, 12:12 PM
How bout when his brother in law died?... he sure was there for the Packers in his tough times and it sure looks like we are turning our back on him now

That is personal adversity and the team was WAY behind him and he got everything he wanted from the organization....except those people back. It is not the same as professional adversity.

And we are not turning our back on him...we are merely saying that he can't skip the offseason work, retire, unretire, retire and finally unretire again right before training camp when the team has been forced by HIS HAND to move onward without him.

I'm not advocating shitting on the guy, I have said all along that we should allow him to work out a trade with an AFC team. Its just too late and too far gone to bring him back into OUR camp like nothing ever happened.

He doesn't want that though...he doesn't even want to come back to OUR camp...he wants to get released so he can go to the vikings and stick it to TT because he hasn't gotten his way. You didn't get randy moss :cry: You made me study defenses :cry: You made me come to OTA's and mini's :cry: Well, I'll show you, I'm gonna try and void my contract and go to minnesota cuz that is a team that knows how to get after building a winner. :shock:

I love brett, I wish he would stay retired because he is making an ass of himself. If you can't see that I can't really help you.

packers11
07-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Source :

Thoughts?

Source :
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/ic/blogs/insider/index.shtml

Unfortunately, "the other night" meant at the ESPY awards (not his interview with Greta). He didn't thank his teammates at the ESPYs.

"I was fortunate enough, Deanna and I and our family, got to go to Los Angeles this week to the ESPY awards, and I received an award called 'record-breaking performance.' ... The most important thing I wanted to say, I didn't say at all, and I was reminded of that as soon as I sat down by Deanna. Record-breaking performance, to me, means team -- not individual -- performance. ... They showed clips from Day 1, and the one thing I wanted to do when I got there was thank the teammates that I played with. It was great. I was honored to get this award tonight, because it gave me a chance to thank (inaudible), Marco, Chewy, Gilbert, Santana and Frank.

"When you watch tomorrow night, you'll see what I'm talking about. But that's what it means to me, and this is all, it's all about the team, and I hope I have never lost sight of that."

HarveyWallbangers
07-20-2008, 12:29 PM
I was honored to get this award tonight, because it gave me a chance to thank (inaudible), Marco, Chewy, Gilbert, Santana and Frank.

He was accepting the 2007 Team MVP, and he was happy because he could thank a bunch of guys not on the team anymore?
:D

cpk1994
07-20-2008, 12:43 PM

That is personal adversity and the team was WAY behind him and he got everything he wanted from the organization....except those people back. It is not the same as professional adversity.

And we are not turning our back on him...we are merely saying that he can't skip the offseason work, retire, unretire, retire and finally unretire again right before training camp when the team has been forced by HIS HAND to move onward without him.

I'm not advocating shitting on the guy, I have said all along that we should allow him to work out a trade with an AFC team. Its just too late and too far gone to bring him back into OUR camp like nothing ever happened.

He doesn't want that though...he doesn't even want to come back to OUR camp...he wants to get released so he can go to the vikings and stick it to TT because he hasn't gotten his way. You didn't get randy moss :cry: You made me study defenses :cry: You made me come to OTA's and mini's :cry: Well, I'll show you, I'm gonna try and void my contract and go to minnesota cuz that is a team that knows how to get after building a winner. :shock:

I love brett, I wish he would stay retired because he is making an ass of himself. If you can't see that I can't really help you.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

packinpatland
07-20-2008, 12:48 PM
I was honored to get this award tonight, because it gave me a chance to thank (inaudible), Marco, Chewy, Gilbert, Santana and Frank.

He was accepting the 2007 Team MVP, and he was happy because he could thank a bunch of guys not on the team anymore?

At some point his every utterance has to be not picked to pieces.

RashanGary
07-20-2008, 01:27 PM
Nice post, bobblehead.

Bretsky
07-20-2008, 02:08 PM
Nice post, bobblehead.

You and bobblehead kind of seem to be the same poster to me

bobblehead
07-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Nice post, bobblehead.

You and bobblehead kind of seem to be the same poster to me

We agree a lot, but rest assured my avatar will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER EVER say I'm a liberal. Justin also is a bit more colorful than I am most of the time.

gex
07-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:48 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
pacopete wrote:

:bclap:

Very well said.
Brett is probably on an emotional roller coaster ride. Giving up everything he has known all his life has got to be hard, especially when he still "has tha skills ta pay tha bills."

Don't try to argue with the haters, they would probably disown their own children if they thought it might be worth it. They don't know the meaning of respect unless it suits their argument.

gex
07-21-2008, 07:12 PM

Lurker64
07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Would it be too hard for people to not post their own comments inside what they're quoting other people to have said? Quote tags aren't that hard people...

Guiness
07-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Would it be too hard for people to not post their own comments inside what they're quoting other people to have said? Quote tags aren't that hard people...

no, not that hard at all,
Lurker.
And you canhave so much fun
with them quote tags too!

Don't even get me started on the colour tag...

btw 2000+ posts later, you're still a Lurker? :lol:

Zool
07-22-2008, 03:30 PM
no, not that hard at all,
Lurker.
And you canhave so much fun
with them too!

Don't even get me started on the colour tag...

btw 2000+ posts later, you're still a Lurker? :lol:

What?

boiga
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM

:DYeah... that's exactly what jumped out at me too. Not once did the thank a single person who helped him get THAT award. I guess now that all his friends on the team have retired/left he no longer feels the kind of team loyalty that he used to.

woodbuck27
07-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Source :

Thoughts?

When Favre was honored with the 2007 MillerCoors MVP award for setting NFL records in touchdowns, passing yards, completions and attempts, he received even more cheers and then an enthusiastic standing ovation.

"I didn't realize I was getting this award until a just a couple of hours ago," Favre said. "I'm thankful for this award for a lot of reasons, especially being an old, gray-haired quarterback, showing I can still do it. It was a wonderful year, that goes without saying."

Favre apologized for going to the ESPY Awards earlier in the week and forgetting to thank his teammates.

"I thought about all these things I wanted to say, but the most important I wanted to say I didn't say at all," Favre said. "I was reminded of that as soon as I sat down next to (wife) Deanna.

"Record-breaking performance means team, not individual performance. . . . One thing I wanted to do was thank the teammates that I played with. It was great that I was honored with this award so that it gives me a chance to thank William, Marco, Chewy, Gilbert, Santana, Frank. . . . It's all about the team. I hope I never lost sight of that, although I did the other night. Hopefully, I'm redeeming myself tonight."

Enough said.

mmmdk
07-23-2008, 05:20 AM
Source :

Thoughts?

When Favre was honored with the 2007 MillerCoors MVP award for setting NFL records in touchdowns, passing yards, completions and attempts, he received even more cheers and then an enthusiastic standing ovation.

"I didn't realize I was getting this award until a just a couple of hours ago," Favre said. "I'm thankful for this award for a lot of reasons, especially being an old, gray-haired quarterback, showing I can still do it. It was a wonderful year, that goes without saying."

Favre apologized for going to the ESPY Awards earlier in the week and forgetting to thank his teammates.

"I thought about all these things I wanted to say, but the most important I wanted to say I didn't say at all," Favre said. "I was reminded of that as soon as I sat down next to (wife) Deanna.

"Record-breaking performance means team, not individual performance. . . . One thing I wanted to do was thank the teammates that I played with. It was great that I was honored with this award so that it gives me a chance to thank William, Marco, Chewy, Gilbert, Santana, Frank. . . . It's all about the team. I hope I never lost sight of that, although I did the other night. Hopefully, I'm redeeming myself tonight."

Enough said.

Favre hasn't redeemed himself; Favre could be forgiven eventually. Favre hasn't done anything to redeem himself...yet. Time is the healer.