PDA

View Full Version : Favre rated 3rd most popular male athelete

red
06-09-2006, 01:12 PM
heres a story from espn.com

ROCHESTER, N.Y -- For the first time in 13 years, Michael Jordan is not the fan's favorite male athlete.

An online poll conducted annually by Harris Interactive determined that Tiger Woods is the most popular male, knocking Jordan out of the top spot for the first time since the survey was introduced in 1993. Over 2,000 people voted this year.

Rounding out the top 10 were Brett Favre, Derek Jeter, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Shaquille O'Neal, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Jeff Gordon and Barry Bonds.

Bryant is back in the top 10 after not making it last year. James, Gordon and Bonds are there for the first time.

Venus Williams reclaimed the top female honor after a one-year absence, with sister Serena Williams right behind her at No. 2. Last year's favorite, Mia Hamm, was third.

Following the top three were Michelle Wie, Danica Patrick, Michelle Kwan, Annika Sorenstam, Maria Sharapova, Anna Kournikova and Sasha Cohen.

BallHawk
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
How the **** is Barry Bonds in there!?!?!?

Charles Woodson
06-09-2006, 02:05 PM
wow kinda surprised that bonds is there and that dwayne wade isnt... ok thats coming from a heat fan, but still

PaCkFan_n_MD
06-09-2006, 02:26 PM
glad kobe is their, he's todays MJ.

GoPackGo
06-09-2006, 02:29 PM
glad kobe is their, he's todays MJ.

blasphemy

Harlan Huckleby
06-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Rounding out the top 10 were Brett Favre, Derek Jeter, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Shaquille O'Neal.

I don't enjoy watching Shaq play basketball, but he is a pretty fun loving guy. I saw him briefly being interviewed on Jay Leno Show last night by one of Leno's interviewers. The guy was being a bit annoying as Shaq was trying to go somewhere. Shaq took off the guy's glasses, put them on, and imitated the interviewer's squeeky voice perfectly.

GrnBay007
06-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Bryant is back in the top 10 after not making it last year.

Crazy what a sexual assault charge does to the rep, huh? :wink:

mngolf19
06-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Don't kill me here 007, but isn't it strange that of the women listed above, 3 of them have never won a thing? What's that all about?

woodbuck27
06-09-2006, 04:46 PM

Yup . . . so now were getting it ! After Derek Jeter, the next most popular Baseball player is. . .Barry Bonds ???? Something wrong there.

that . . . . should have read - near the bottom of the popularity list was . . Barry Bonds.

GrnBay007
06-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Don't kill me here 007, but isn't it strange that of the women listed above, 3 of them have never won a thing? What's that all about?

It's about popularity....I guess winning and losing doesn't matter. I don't know...I only know who 2 or 3 of them are....maybe they are hot???? You know, like Brett...but then add his talent. :razz:

FavreChild
06-09-2006, 05:15 PM
LW, why is your boy JEFF GORDON on the list???????

HarveyWallbangers
06-10-2006, 12:42 PM

I wonder if the question for this list was something like "name your favorite athlete." If so, I could see 5% of the folks listing Bonds (the ones that think he's being skewered by the media). Still wouldn't mean that the other 95% like him. I imagine he'd be #1 on the most hated athlete list.

MJZiggy
06-10-2006, 06:33 PM

I wonder if the question for this list was something like "name your favorite athlete." If so, I could see 5% of the folks listing Bonds (the ones that think he's being skewered by the media). Still wouldn't mean that the other 95% like him. I imagine he'd be #1 on the most hated athlete list.

Even over TO?

Little Whiskey
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
LW, why is your boy JEFF GORDON on the list???????

he must have been nominated by the gay comunitee :mrgreen:

i was mighty impressed that three drivers made the list.