PDA

View Full Version : Jason Taylor to the Redskins

Rastak
07-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Per a Jay Glazer report.....the Phins get a 2nd round pick....mighty expensive for a guy with only one or two years left.

Per PFT.com

TAYLOR TO REDSKINS FOR SECOND-ROUND PICK
Posted by Michael David Smith on July 20, 2008, 6:30 p.m.
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports is reporting that the Washington Redskins and Miami Dolphins have agreed to the terms of a trade that would send defensive end Jason Taylor to Washington in exchange for a second-round draft pick.

The teams are hoping to finalize the deal tonight, Glazer reports.

Taylor has long been disgruntled with the Dolphins and would like to play for a team that’s coming off a playoff season, not a 1-15 record. Rumors swirled in April that he could be traded during the NFL draft, but no trade was consummated.

The Redskins, however, suddenly became interested in acquiring Taylor when they lost two defensive ends to season-ending injuries at the outset of training camp.

digitaldean
07-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Lucky for Taylor. The 'Skins at least have a shot at the playoffs.

He can't squawk about not going to a team with a chance to win.

Deputy Nutz
07-20-2008, 06:34 PM
How could Ted Thompson not do this deal? I hate that guy. He is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very stupid.

Really who cares, the window on Jason Taylor's career is being closed, and nothing tells me that more when either Washington or Dallas decides to trade away picks for you.

Daniels did get hurt so at least it makes sense for the Skin's roster.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Heard they also gave a 6th.

mission
07-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Heard they also gave a 6th.

True story.

Dabaddestbear
07-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Well at least the Bears dont have to play the Redskins this year. Jason Taylor killed them last year. :(

SMACKTALKIE
07-20-2008, 07:39 PM
Well at least the Bears dont have to play the Redskins this year. Jason Taylor killed them last year. :(

Yeah.....the bears will play plenty of teams with players that will kill them this year anyway.

Dabaddestbear
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM

Yeah.....the bears will play plenty of teams with players that will kill them this year anyway.
go ahead and be brave and list them, so I can serve the crow to you week by week..I love doing this to Packer fans each year :wink:

Lurker64
07-20-2008, 08:26 PM

go ahead and be brave and list them, so I can serve the crow to you week by week..I love doing this to Packer fans each year :wink:

I'm going to go ahead and speak for Smalktalkie (who is a Vikings fan) and go ahead and say "Adrian Peterson". Didn't he run for like 230 yards against the Bears at Soldier Field last year?

bobblehead
07-20-2008, 09:10 PM

You got what...like 7 posts last year then? Your fingers might not get that much work this year.

The simple fact that washington, the model for how not to build a contender, traded for taylor tells me that I'm glad TT didn't pull the trigger on this one.

Packerarcher
07-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Yet another TT fuck up,there is not enough kool aid in the world to make me optimistic about this season.

The Leaper
07-20-2008, 09:39 PM
Snyder just never learns.

Lurker64
07-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Yet another TT fuck up,there is not enough kool aid in the world to make me optimistic about this season.

Considering that Taylor will play 1-2 seasons tops and that his head is not in the game, getting a 2nd round pick for him is highway robbery. Snyder overpaid. Championship teams are build in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

SMACKTALKIE
07-20-2008, 11:13 PM

I'm going to go ahead and speak for Smalktalkie (who is a Vikings fan) and go ahead and say "Adrian Peterson". Didn't he run for like 230 yards against the Bears at Soldier Field last year?

Thank you Lurker, ecxactly what I was thinking. Of course one would think the avatar of Adrian Peterson would have tipped him off. Never mind the fact it is a picture of AD torching Tillman in that very game.

Iron Mike
07-21-2008, 01:09 AM

Compaq Presario V6101 laptop.....$550

Charter Bundle internet connection.....$69.97/mo

Going to a Packer site to read a Gummi Bears fan talk smack to a Queens fan, thinking that it's a Packers fan.....priceless

bobblehead
07-21-2008, 01:12 AM

come on tank, how many times we gotta boot you?

Pacopete4
07-21-2008, 01:14 AM
I kinda agree.. I think we coulda had this guy for an even better deal, I'm positive the Dolphins ran up the deal when they knew they were hurting for a DE... not every day you could get a top 5-10 defensive player in this league..