07-20-2008, 10:24 PM
to the Redskins for a couple draft picks

Sounds like they gave up a 2nd rounder and a late pick

Badgerinmaine
07-20-2008, 10:31 PM
It's a second next year and a 6th in 2010:
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10903978
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10904068

Good for Jason Taylor. I wouldn't want to deal with an egomaniac like Bill Parcells, either. of course, now he'll be working for Daniel Snyder...

Lurker64
07-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm not sure if the Redskins overpaid because they're the Redskins and that's what they do, or if they overpaid because they were desperate. Glad it's not us.

texaspackerbacker
07-20-2008, 10:38 PM
That's a gigantic relief. Better the Redskins blow those picks and pay his outlandish salary than the Packers. The guy ain't worth it.

SMACKTALKIE
07-20-2008, 11:22 PM
That's a gigantic relief. Better the Redskins blow those picks and pay his outlandish salary than the Packers. The guy ain't worth it.

This is a topic that won't have answers for 2 ro 3 years. First, see who the dolphins take with this pick. Second, see how that player pans out. Last, compare that to Taylor's preformance as a redskin.

The only sure facts are that Taylor is still a solid player and very smart, but he is at the end of his career.

mission
07-20-2008, 11:24 PM
all i know is that i feel nothing like i do the dreadful morning i found out moss when to the pats ...

so, it's cool...

snyder is an idiot. i'd take the guy, maybe even for that price... but snyder is still an idiot.

SMACKTALKIE
07-20-2008, 11:26 PM
all i know is that i feel nothing like i do the dreadful morning i found out moss when to the pats ...

so, it's cool...

snyder is an idiot. i'd take the guy, maybe even for that price... but snyder is still an idiot.

I've read many times of accounts of Snyder being a complete jerk to hotel staff, wait staff and so on. Sounds like a spoiled rich kid who can't appreciate the value of a dollar.

Partial
07-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm not sure if the Redskins overpaid because they're the Redskins and that's what they do, or if they overpaid because they were desperate. Glad it's not us.

I think you'll be laughing when that Redskins team with Favre at the helm is in the playoffs while the Pack is playing lazy boy football.

Lurker64
07-21-2008, 04:50 AM

I think you'll be laughing when that Redskins team with Favre at the helm is in the playoffs while the Pack is playing lazy boy football.

The thing is though, I don't actually play Madden.

Tarlam!
07-21-2008, 05:12 AM

The thing is though, I don't actually play Madden.

:bclap: :wave: :bump:

Partial just got owned!

mmmdk
07-21-2008, 07:30 AM
A high price for Jason Taylor but he'll have, just about, the same impact that Sean Jones had for the Packers in the nineties.

prsnfoto
07-21-2008, 09:19 AM

So what do you think of KGB's salary?

Fritz
07-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Since Daniel Snyder took over that team, he's run it like a fan - sign every big name you can, give up whatever draft pick you need to to get another big name, and then have your team of overpriced players fall flat.

Another chapter in that book. It's why it's a good thing fans don't run NFL teams (though I think you could argue that if the fans ran the team in Detroit it couldn't be any worse...).

texaspackerbacker
07-21-2008, 10:41 AM

So what do you think of KGB's salary?

Too much--in hindsight, but I'd have probably paid him at the time too.

Charles Woodson
07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
JT is a great player, and the rumors that he has maybe 1 year left in him is BS. The reason that came out is because he was getting sick of losing so damn much with the dolphins.

A 2nd rounder seems pretty steep for him still though, i would have pulled the trigger for a 3rd but it looks like the big tuna came out big on this one.

The Leaper
07-21-2008, 12:07 PM
JT is a great player, and the rumors that he has maybe 1 year left in him is BS. The reason that came out is because he was getting sick of losing so damn much with the dolphins.

A 2nd rounder seems pretty steep for him still though, i would have pulled the trigger for a 3rd but it looks like the big tuna came out big on this one.

I completely agree. Taylor had one year left in MIAMI...because that team won't be a serious contender again anytime soon. He'll play at least 2 more years in Washington IMO.

I was fully in favor of getting Taylor for a 3rd round pick. Parcells no doubt was holding out for no less than a 2nd, and figured he could get it from someone once players started dropping like flies in camp. He was right.

Fritz
07-21-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't know, Leap - lots of big names go to Washington, and get sucked into the vortex. We'll see, I guess.

MadtownPacker
07-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Taylor is going to be a beast in DC.