PDA

View Full Version : Positive effects of Woodson/Harris missing.

packiowa
06-09-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm fairly indifferent as to our starting CB's not being at OTA's. These are some of the reasons:

- Woodson needs to be healthy during the season and you can't have him at practice without putting him in there. He has the skills to cover. He needs to be strong going into the season.

- 1st week we play the Bears so Woodson covers Bradley(?) or some other unrefined product. 2nd week we play the Saints and probably covers Stallworth (unless he's been passed, idk). Then the Lions young guys. Then McNaab and the Eagles and I can't even find a #1 on their roster (although NFL.com does say they have Carl Ford). Finally, in week 5 we play the Rams. Next week bye. That's not a scary lineup of receivers that Woodson must cover. They all have potential, but nobody that's got both big time potential and polish.

- Carroll and Hawkins get more reps. I really wish Blackmon were healthy, but getting Hawkins serious practice is worth not having Woodson and Harris at these practices. He may prove to not have the skill to cover effectively, but we'll only find out by giving him lots of reps. After all, he doesn't even have much college experience.

Surely, it doesn't help the progression of the receivers and there a other negatives to them missing, but I prefer to focus on the team benefits to not having these proven veterans at OTA's.

BallHawk
06-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Good points there, but in the end there is nothing good about guys missing OTA's.

Charles Woodson
06-09-2006, 01:57 PM
week 7 we play the dolphins, that could be interesting. there number 2 reciver as of now is marty booker, i dont think hes great, but if cullpeper is playing top form it could be a tough game. chambers should give harris a hard time

red
06-09-2006, 02:01 PM
to me its the same as when favre misses

hey, we know have good brett is, wer know harris and woodson are two of the top cb's if healthy. they are going to make the team, we know what they bring to the table. by them not being there you get to see how the other guys play