PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Fan creates a SI spoof of Favre

packers11
07-21-2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=D64142FEF6B0D3A9B09653AA6AB52A9C ?contentId=7028718&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Fritz
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
That frickin' hurt to see him in Purple.

pbmax
07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
We'll see how this formats in the forum page.

http://www.coryhollenhorst.com/brettfavre.jpg

pbmax
07-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Double post.

SkinBasket
07-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Someone stole Brett Favre's knees!

GBRulz
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
eeeek. Real men don't wear purple :twisted:

DannoMac21
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
That's terrible if they make a story out of that. I could make that in Paint. I could make a dead on picture of Favre in a new age Vikings jersey. That just looks like a 5 year old's work.

Chevelle2
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
the purple looks cool (not on him, just in general) but the rest of the uniform isn't even vikings

Zool
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM
The only thing thats decent about the pic is the pasting of the helmet, and thats still a little off if you look at it for a sec. The jersey is a paint bucket blob.

Bretsky
07-21-2008, 04:51 PM
looks like a SB champion :lol:

pbmax
07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
OK then, packerrat art critics, lets see some better shop jobs from you. I expect to be able to scare coworkers by tomorrow afternoon :mrgreen:

3irty1
07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
OK then, packerrat art critics, lets see some better shop jobs from you. I expect to be able to scare coworkers by tomorrow afternoon :mrgreen:

Tempting.

oregonpackfan
07-21-2008, 07:53 PM
eeeek. Real men don't wear purple :twisted:

Only Vikings fans, little old ladies and men with alternative life styles wear purple! :)

MJZiggy
07-21-2008, 07:56 PM
All you photo critics should offer up your services to the homepage. We've got one guy (that volunteered on his own, thanks!) and if we try to dump all the work on one poor soul during the season, we just might kill him. So let's see what the rest of you've got!

Badgerinmaine
07-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Only Vikings fans, little old ladies and mean with alternative life styles wear purple! :)
You're lucky Shaquille O'neal never heard you say that when he was at LSU...or Ray Lewis now :P
No, I'm not a Photoshop maven, but i can tell that the stripes are wrong on the Favre pic's jersey.

retailguy
07-21-2008, 08:40 PM
mean with alternative life styles

:shock:

Hmmm... :?: Nah. Nevermind. I don't wanna know... :twisted: :P :oops:

Bretsky
07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
All you photo critics should offer up your services to the homepage. We've got one guy (that volunteered on his own, thanks!) and if we try to dump all the work on one poor soul during the season, we just might kill him. So let's see what the rest of you've got!

This is why I rarely criticize anything posted on the website. A writer will never get ripped from me even if I don't like or agree with the content. They take a good share of time to do this on their free time and we should all appreciate that.

MJZiggy
07-21-2008, 09:34 PM

This is why I rarely criticize anything posted on the website. A writer will never get ripped from me even if I don't like or agree with the content. They take a good share of time to do this on their free time and we should all appreciate that.

Amen, B.

:hug:

oregonpackfan
07-21-2008, 10:36 PM
mean with alternative life styles

:shock:

Hmmm... :?: Nah. Nevermind. I don't wanna know... :twisted: :P :oops:

oops, It's been a while since I have corrected spelling tests. I guess my spelling has taken a nosedive! :) :oops:

oregonpackfan
07-21-2008, 10:39 PM

Isn't that Bretsky a nice guy? I swear he is the reincarnation of Mr. Rogers. :)

GBRulz
07-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Isn't that Bretsky a nice guy? I swear he is the reincarnation of Mr. Rogers. :)

Well....a prop is definitely needed with that comment. This is the best that I could find.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u125/gowideforflank/rogers.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 12:40 AM
The only thing thats decent about the pic is the pasting of the helmet, and thats still a little off if you look at it for a sec. The jersey is a paint bucket blob.

a paint bucket blob? that was the first step, but he did some nice shadowing and lightening to make it look realistic.

The guy made the photo as an office gag, not to fool the C.I.A.

I think it's a very good job. You and Skinbasket (with his knee fetish) owe this young man an apology.

Zool
07-22-2008, 07:40 AM

a paint bucket blob? that was the first step, but he did some nice shadowing and lightening to make it look realistic.

The guy made the photo as an office gag, not to fool the C.I.A.

I think it's a very good job. You and Skinbasket (with his knee fetish) owe this young man an apology.

Hell no I dont. Check out the left ear on the helmet. Unless it digs into your neck while wearing it, I'm not apologizing for anything. Also, where did

http://static.nfl.com/static/site/img/shop/p2857731t130.jpg

The guy could have easily purpled textured over the sleeve and neck stripes. Mainly I just wont say I like anything that has a Viking logo.

Badgerinmaine
07-22-2008, 08:39 AM

Okay, you have a point--and the lettering was really good.

pbmax
07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
I am still seeing a decided lack of submissions from the critics. Perhaps they cannot do better?

SkinBasket
07-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I am still seeing a decided lack of submissions from the critics. Perhaps they cannot do better?

I figure it would take about 4 hours to do a decent job. 4 hours making Favre (or any other player for that matter) into a Viking is 5 hours too long for me.

Zool
07-22-2008, 09:26 AM
That's like telling Ebert and Roeper to make a better movie. Does anyone tell the Iron Chef panel of judges to cook something better? Does anyone tell Mike Tirico to get out there and take some hits?

Those who can do, those who cant criticize.

MadtownPacker
07-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Those who can do, those who cant criticize.Than those who can but dont should shut the fuck up.

I doubt you can but shut the fuck up anyways.

Zool
07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Those who can do, those who cant criticize.Than those who can but dont should shut the fuck up.

I doubt you can but shut the fuck up anyways.

What have I told you about your tough guy talk? I'm gonna have the gimp whip you again tonight bitch.

MadtownPacker
07-22-2008, 01:23 PM
What have I told you about your tough guy talk?You said to keep it to a minimum cuz you hate having to change your underroos at work.

Zool
07-22-2008, 01:24 PM
What have I told you about your tough guy talk?You said to keep it to a minimum cuz you hate having to change your underroos at work.

I notice you pulled out the part about the gimp. You know HH is looking forward to it too.