PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Favre rally attracts "more than 100"

Harlan Huckleby
07-21-2008, 01:44 PM
:lol:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/ContentDetail?contentId=6976876

bobblehead
07-21-2008, 01:44 PM
but were 70 of them on the other side protesting the 30 trying to bring him back??

Harlan Huckleby
07-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I think the numbers may have been swelled by the opportunity to get an autograph from Favre's mom, brother, agent, college roommate and cousins.

Joemailman
07-21-2008, 01:49 PM
can't you do something about the length of that link? :lol:

billy_oliver880
07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Anyone turn out in support of Rob Davis coming back?

cpk1994
07-21-2008, 01:55 PM
Umm that report is a week old. That is from the first rally.

Harlan Huckleby
07-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Damn, you're right! They got upwards of 400 yesterday.

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/297047

http://cdntn.madison.com/images/articles/tct/2008/07/20/78869.jpg

http://cdntn.madison.com/images/articles/tct/2008/07/20/78873.jpg

http://cdntn.madison.com/images/articles/tct/2008/07/20/78874.jpg

swede
07-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Memo to Packer Pro Shop:

Roll out a new line of green and gold foil hats.

At least 400 potential customers are out there.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/alienpixyhat.jpg

]{ilr]3
07-21-2008, 02:38 PM
[quote="Harlan Huckleby"]Damn, you're right! They got upwards of 400 yesterday.

http://www.madison.com/tct/sports/297047

http://cdntn.madison.com/images/articles/tct/2008/07/20/78873.jpg

I am usually not one to find any humor in the things bears fans do, but that is funny! :lol:

Pacopete4
07-21-2008, 02:38 PM
its went from 150 to 400 in a week... just think how its gonna be when training camp actually gets here and people from all over are coming to watch the pack.. it could get huge IMO

cpk1994
07-21-2008, 02:45 PM
its went from 150 to 400 in a week... just think how its gonna be when training camp actually gets here and people from all over are coming to watch the pack.. it could get huge IMOGiven that people come to watch training camp anyway they are going to get lost in the shuffle of people who have let go.

Pacopete4
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
article says they expect a lot more this thursday during the stockholders meeting.. i really think this story will get very interesting the longer this plays out

Fritz
07-21-2008, 03:01 PM
its went from 150 to 400 in a week... just think how its gonna be when training camp actually gets here and people from all over are coming to watch the pack.. it could get huge IMO

Whoever reported that 400 number must be the same guy I went to high school with. Used to talk about the girl he copped a feel from on Saturday night. By the next Thursday, he'd had an orgy with the girl and four of her bisexual friends. Amazingly, the same sort of changes in numbers occurred when he spoke of his penis size.

Chevelle2
07-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Honestly, they look like morons. Don't the have jobs? Those knock off jerseys are hilarious.

PackerTimer
07-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Some people really need to get a life.

Harlan Huckleby
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
article says they expect a lot more this thursday during the stockholders meeting.. i really think this story will get very interesting the longer this plays out

I suspect the story has already played out.

The Favre camp lost the PR battle dramatically. There are a few knuckleheads who want to fire TT, or tear up Favre's contract, or hand him the starter job, but not the groundswell of support that Bus Cook hoped for. The people who call into radio shows to demand Thompson's head, or protest outside Lambeau, are the passionate few. All fans and casual fans I have talked to think Favre has made a complete ass of himself.

I would like to see Favre show up to camp with a team-first attitude. More likely he will just remain retired.

DannoMac21
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
AHAHAHAHA. What a bunch of losers. I mean really. I love the big cardboard "FIRE TED THOMPSON" sign. Because you know, since Ted Thompson's been GM, the Packers haven't hired a great coach, drafted great, or even had great team success. Boy, that Thompson guy is sure a failure. I guess it is true what some people say, "Favre is higher than God."

What I think should happen is this: Favre should play it off like that episode of Seinfeld where George Costanza quits his job, then goes back as if he never quit.

Harlan Huckleby
07-21-2008, 03:13 PM
What I think should happen is this: Favre should play it off like that episode of Seinfeld where George Costanza quits his job, then goes back as if he never quit.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the funny thing is it would work! People are more than ready to forgive and forget.

mission
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
there's not a single one of these folks who doesnt look to be imbred... really, its embarassing. they must be from minnesota...

Harlan Huckleby
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
there's not a single one of these folks who doesnt look to be imbred... really, its embarassing. they must be from minnesota...

carefull, 007 was at that rally. I've been trying to pick her out.

Fritz
07-21-2008, 03:21 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the funny thing is it would work! People are more than ready to forgive and forget.

Brett Favre quit? What? No he didn't - see, he's over there running the offense.

GBRulz
07-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Honestly, they look like morons. Don't the have jobs? Those knock off jerseys are hilarious.

At least find something better to bitch about.

Who cares if people are wearing a "knock off" jersey vs paying $175 for a new one.

Also, the last time I checked, a lot of people have the weekends off.

:roll:

Chevelle2
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Ok, how about this: Its not going to do anything.

PS - You can get a replica jersey for $50 on ebay. Their Walmart $20 ones are sad.

Zool
07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I wear tuxedo t-shirts to black tie events.

cpk1994
07-21-2008, 04:10 PM

Who cares if people are wearing a "knock off" jersey vs paying $175 for a new one.

:roll:Well,then how about having them go down to Favres house seing as how HE IS STILL RETIRED AND THE PACKERS CANT MAKE A MOVE UNTIL HE FILES REINSTATEMENT PAPERS! Good god these people are rubes.

Carolina_Packer
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM
AHAHAHAHA. What a bunch of losers. I mean really. I love the big cardboard "FIRE TED THOMPSON" sign. Because you know, since Ted Thompson's been GM, the Packers haven't hired a great coach, drafted great, or even had great team success. Boy, that Thompson guy is sure a failure. I guess it is true what some people say, "Favre is higher than God."

Well, they are not totally out there. If Brett was a washed up has been and these people (and Brett) just couldn't let it go, then I'd agree that they need to face facts. Favre can still play based on last year. Until I see proof of decline, I'll not believe it. The team never said he didn't have the ability still. I think the earlier efforts to bring him back showed they still thought he had it. Did Brett think he still wanted it? That was the question...desire! I get that. His desire changed, but not by when the team wanted to know, so they took him at his word about closure and moved on. Now people think they are slamming the door on him because they are not placating him with his implied idea that he should just walk back in. I would be happy for him to do that. The team sees it a different way. They still want him back at this point, but in what role, I don't know. Brett could have just realized that he put the organization in a tough spot and played along with the coming back and realized that if he was competing to beat out AR, he probably would have done it anyway. I think he let his feelings get hurt when the team said they had moved on and his starter's seat had grown cold. I don't blame the organization for moving on, taking him at his word, but now that he has indicated he wants to come back, I hope they are also seriously thinking that Favre helps them (assuming he files for reinstatement and that the brides can be mended) and can be their starter (albeit, not just handed back to him). That's the big impasse. I'll feel bad if GB trades Favre, but I'll understand that it was the confluence of two parties not being able to get in sync, and perhaps one that really wanted his freedom anyway. I hope they both find the grace to finish this thing up one way or another and do it with professionalism.

GBRulz
07-21-2008, 06:39 PM

:roll:Well,then how about having them go down to Favres house seing as how HE IS STILL RETIRED AND THE PACKERS CANT MAKE A MOVE UNTIL HE FILES REINSTATEMENT PAPERS! Good god these people are rubes.

I wasn't referring to the situation at hand. I'll agree that their rally isn't accomplishing anything and the fact that they lose even more credibility with the "Fire TT" signs.

I was simply pointing out that if you are going to disagree with them, that's fine but to label them as morons because they aren't wearing an authentic jersey or assume they didn't have jobs (hello, the rally is on a Sunday) a bit over the top.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-21-2008, 07:01 PM

Did they bus the brotha in from miltown?

gex
07-21-2008, 07:11 PM
Yea look at all those "loser, inbred, rube etc.." :roll: PACKER FANS!!

You haters really show your true colors with statements like that.
More of a statement about your self-centeredness IMO :shock:

cpk1994
07-22-2008, 07:40 AM

Did they bus the brotha in from miltown?Figures that would be the thing you would focus on. :D

BallHawk
07-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Anybody in the Green Bay area wanna show up at one of these rallies and ask why TT should be fired?

I'm sure hilarity would ensue.

Fritz
07-22-2008, 08:36 AM
We already know the answer, BallHawk. Seen it many times from a few posters at Packerrats:

TT is an egomaniac who only wants HIS players on the team. That's why he's pushed Favre out the door. Same with Wahle and Rivera. He only wants to win if it's with guys HE drafted. And the only reason he's re-signed or extended the contracts of non-Ted guys like Kampman and Harris and Driver is because, umm, because, uh, well, ....

He refuses to go after big-name free agents because he's cheap. Didn't go hard enough after big names like Lavar Arrington. The only reason he's signed guys like Ryan Pickett and Charles Woodson is because, uh, because, well, um....

He drafts for crap. Remember when he passed on Chad Jackson or whoever that receiver was - he even traded down, the idiot! Ended up with some no name from Western Michigan University. And Justin Harrell - that guy BLOWS. He's washed up already. And what about Junius Coston? And Corey Rodgers?

He's so uptight and tight-lipped. Doesn't joke around with the media, isn't relaxed like, say Mike Sherman was.

mission
07-22-2008, 08:56 AM
Gex do you ever have anything intelligent to say or are you just an alias who follows me around with an 8th grade vocabulary, chiming in with something retarded to say every now and then...

ND72
07-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Pretty sure I'm wearing my Aaron Rodgers jersey to the shareholders meeting thursday.

Joemailman
07-22-2008, 11:10 AM
We already know the answer, BallHawk. Seen it many times from a few posters at Packerrats:

TT is an egomaniac who only wants HIS players on the team. That's why he's pushed Favre out the door. Same with Wahle and Rivera. He only wants to win if it's with guys HE drafted. And the only reason he's re-signed or extended the contracts of non-Ted guys like Kampman and Harris and Driver is because, umm, because, uh, well, ....

He refuses to go after big-name free agents because he's cheap. Didn't go hard enough after big names like Lavar Arrington. The only reason he's signed guys like Ryan Pickett and Charles Woodson is because, uh, because, well, um....

He drafts for crap. Remember when he passed on Chad Jackson or whoever that receiver was - he even traded down, the idiot! Ended up with some no name from Western Michigan University. And Justin Harrell - that guy BLOWS. He's washed up already. And what about Junius Coston? And Corey Rodgers?

He's so uptight and tight-lipped. Doesn't joke around with the media, isn't relaxed like, say Mike Sherman was.

You left out the part about him hiring McCarthy instead of Mariucci. :bang: