PDA

View Full Version : America's most hated NFL team?

Tony Oday
06-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Had this discussion at lunch. Since we are in Minnesota there is a regional bias here I think but it was almost universal, two packer fans two vikings fans, that the most hated is "america's" Team the Cowboys.

Pompous franchise that always seems to have bad 'character' guys. When they had there run in the 90's seemed like all the guys save emmitt and Aikman were on something, cheap blocking, cocaine snorting arses.

Opinions?

red
06-09-2006, 02:10 PM
i was going to say cowboys even before i opened the thread

Charles Woodson
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Pompous franchise that always seems to have bad 'character' guys. When they had there run in the 90's seemed like all the guys save emmitt and Aikman were on something, cheap blocking, cocaine snorting arses.

Opinions?

forgot michale irvin

BigDmoney
06-09-2006, 02:15 PM
definately the cowboys. remember the "white house". Wierd buti actually like micheal irving as a analyst.....go figure.

I also thing the raiders close with people hating them. They always have the bad character guys on that team and who can't ahte a team who's owner wears a sweat-suit wherever he goes?

BallHawk
06-09-2006, 02:27 PM
You like Michael Irvin as an analyst? I think your the only person on Earth that can stand him. Not only is he the most biased analyst on TV, worships T.O., and was a cowboy, HE CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH. Example......

Irvin: yoseeheeeeisabestwithinwsettnihvenodouttowlbastrin dalls

English: You see he is a beast and with his new setting I have no doubt T.O. will be a star in Dallas.

I HATE MICHAEL IRVIN.

I'm waiting for these two things to happen....

(1) ESPN hides a camera in Michael Irvin's car and secretly catches him picking up a hooker. Or....

(2) Young, Irvin, Salsbury, and Boomer are performing an example of a play on Sunday NFL Countdown, when suddenly Michael Irvin trips and a crack pipe falls out of his jacket pocket.

That'll be the day....

Harlan Huckleby
06-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Ummm, if the cowboys are the most hated, it is only the same as the Yankees being the most hated in baseball.

I kinda hated the Broncos for a while because they do a lot of cheap cut blocking at line of scrimmage. But now that Packers will be doing the same, guess it is time to forgive and forget.

red
06-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Ummm, if the cowboys are the most hated, it is only the same as the Yankees being the most hated in baseball.

I kinda hated the Broncos for a while because they do a lot of cheap cut blocking at line of scrimmage. But now that Packers will be doing the same, guess it is time to forgive and forget.

OHHHH, i forgot about the yankees

yeah i hate them more, i think

i just hate baseball

AtlPackFan
06-09-2006, 03:03 PM
I would have to agree with everyone that the "Cowboys" are America's most hated team. They are second behind my most hated team. :mrgreen:

Tony Oday
06-09-2006, 03:05 PM
SO you are saying you are a falcon fan we get it!!! :lol:

woodbuck27
06-09-2006, 03:07 PM
How bout hatin' those Cowboys. . . it's really easy !

I'll sure have an interest in how T.O. plays there this season and next.

I really hoped that TT would seriously pursue him in Free Agency.

I was looking at a video of WR Greg Jennings today and he looks REALLY fine. I was also impressed with the receiving ability of Will Blackmon and can this fella ever run back kicks. Cory Rodgers looks a little small on film but he does have the moves to return kicks/punts as well, but I was more impressed with Jennings and WR/CB Blackmon. Will Blackmon is a versatile acquisition.

BigDmoney
06-09-2006, 03:08 PM
i just think irving provides a definate spark to that crew. yeah, he tends to agree way toomuch with some of the more flasy players, but it comes across that he know what he's talking about sometimes....and he gives very valuable tip on buying/selling drugs, and the best places in town to solicit prostitution.

CaptainKickass
06-09-2006, 03:54 PM
You like Michael Irvin as an analyst? I think your the only person on Earth that can stand him. Not only is he the most biased analyst on TV, worships T.O., and was a cowboy, HE CAN'T SPEAK ENGLISH. Example......

Irvin: yoseeheeeeisabestwithinwsettnihvenodouttowlbastrin dalls

English: You see he is a beast and with his new setting I have no doubt T.O. will be a star in Dallas.

I HATE MICHAEL IRVIN.

I am laughing my frickin' arse off!!! Almost fell outta my chair!!!

That's exactly what he sounds like - frickin' jibberish slurring. Although I could see where that would be a nice change of pace from other sports personalities, it certainly would not make me say "I like Irvin as an analyst".

Hahahahahaha!!!! :mrgreen: :D

Partial
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
The yankees have got it. No other sport has the chance to buy such an expensive team, and since the yankees are the most hated in baseball, the take the cake.

I think probably the vikings are the most hated football team just because of the boat scandal? I can't think of any other team at all, so I could be WAY off.

Basketball, maybe the pistons or the knicks since they still have those reps of being dirty teams? Who knows.

But nobody, nobody even close gets the kind of hate mail that the boss gets.

AtlPackFan
06-09-2006, 04:01 PM
SO you are saying you are a falcon fan we get it!!! :lol:

Well actually, I was thinking of the Valders Vikings. They kicked our ass in every sport when I was in high school. :wink:

oregonpackfan
06-09-2006, 11:55 PM
Personlly, my most hated team has to be the Vikings.

Nationally, the most hated team has to be the Oakland Raiders. Though they have a loyal following, I have always despised Al Davis and the attraction of the "bad boy" mentality of the players.

Polaris
06-10-2006, 06:44 AM
I don't see how it can be anybody but the Cowboys.

I live in Texas. I go to a sports bar to watch the Packer games. It's a big place with about a dozen big screens and all the games are on. You've got fans from all the various teams there, and whenever a team scores, you see there fans standing up and cheering and exchanging high-fives.

But whenever Dallas does something, the place erupts in boos. It's the only team that ever gets booed there, and you have to remember...this is IN TEXAS.

So again, I don't see how any other team is even close to the Cowboys in the hate category.

BooHoo
06-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Has to be the Cowboys. Yankees in baseball and the AVs in hockey.

Patler
06-11-2006, 06:28 AM
... and the AVs in hockey.

Why the Avalanche? I've never sensed any broad based hatred or even dislike for them.

BooHoo
06-11-2006, 12:22 PM
... and the AVs in hockey.

Why the Avalanche? I've never sensed any broad based hatred or even dislike for them.

I am a Red Wing fan and for some time the AVs were the Wings dreaded anti-team.

Oscar
06-11-2006, 12:29 PM
I have to say the Cowboys as well.. Now that they have T.O. even more so. I don't know any other B-ball team other than the Yanks that I hate more.

billy_oliver880
06-12-2006, 06:40 AM
I think I am going to dislike the falcons today. :twisted:

Fosco33
06-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Close tie - Cowboys and Raiders

Murphy37
06-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Football-Vikings
Baseball-Yankees
Basketball-Lakers
Water polo- Rockford Mud puppies
Marco Polo- Harlan, because he opens his eyes and cheats

BigDmoney
06-12-2006, 02:41 PM
i would have to say for hockey it would be the Vancouver Cannucks because of Todd Burtuzzi. But who really cares.

Tony Oday
06-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Marco Polo- Harlan, because he opens his eyes and cheats

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You peaked!!! no Ididnt!!!! yes you did!!!!!!! MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b bulldog
06-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Ditto,ditto,ditto on the Cowboys

cosimoto
06-13-2006, 12:28 AM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g183/cosimoto/SamuraiGB7.jpg The Cowboys because they exude a sense of arrogance. The Raiders cultivate a "bad boy" image, but it has always come across to me as a "Hollywood" type Act.

the_idle_threat
06-13-2006, 04:42 AM
I really hated the Purple Cobras in Dodgeball.

bbbffl66
06-13-2006, 02:11 PM
As hard as it is to say, the Yankees are the most hated- even moreso the the Cowpies. As for me, it will always and forever be the FIBS!!!

MJZiggy
06-13-2006, 03:23 PM
The FIB's do suck. Welcome to the forum. :smile:

BallHawk
06-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I agree with bbbffl66, the Yankees are the most hated team in any sport. Here are MY most hated.

NFL- Vikings

MLB- Yankees

NBA- Lakers

College- Duke

NHL- Who gives a ****?