PDA

View Full Version : TT is shopping Favre(anyone have McGinns article?)

sheepshead
07-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Two pieces so far about trade rumors on PFT.

In an I-Told-Ya-So...its mentioned that TT would deal with Brett if he launches Bus "The Colonel" Cook.

sheepshead
07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
agree or disagree, this is pretty funny:

"38-year-old tractor-riding primadonna"

Mike Florio

KYPack
07-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Viking loving little weasel that Florio is....

sheepshead
07-22-2008, 12:51 PM
One thing seems to be clear. Brett Favre has played his last game as a Green Bay Packer.

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 12:57 PM
One thing seems to be clear. Brett Favre has played his last game as a Green Bay Packer.

I'm not positive about this.

All Rodgers has behind him are two green rookies. If somehow Favre were to come around to accepting a backup job, the Packers would benefit greatly from having him on the roster.

A backup job on the Packers may very well be Favre's best option. Especially since the chance of him getting a starting job on the Packers through injury or superior performance are significant. I don't think Faver really wants to go to a new team unless it looks like a chance to heroically lead them to the Super Bowl.

I agree it seems unlikely the BF will have such a change of heart. But I don't think we can know for sure how this SECOND rejection (first by the team, now by the fans) will effect him.

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 01:00 PM
the big mystery about the whole Favre saga is: What does Madtown think?

That pussy hasn't made a single comment.

sheepshead
07-22-2008, 01:04 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23135640@N05/2218951294/sizes/l/

MadtownPacker
07-22-2008, 01:19 PM

That pussy hasn't made a single comment.What else can be said?? He is being treated like a fucking Mexican. Do everything you can for the white man then he deports your ass when you try to take a little break.

sheepshead
07-22-2008, 01:22 PM

That pussy hasn't made a single comment.What else can be said?? He is being treated like a fucking Mexican. Do everything you can for the white man then he deports your ass when you try to take a little break.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PackerBlues
07-22-2008, 02:22 PM

I'm not positive about this.

All Rodgers has behind him are two green rookies. If somehow Favre were to come around to accepting a backup job, the Packers would benefit greatly from having him on the roster.

A backup job on the Packers may very well be Favre's best option. Especially since the chance of him getting a starting job on the Packers through injury or superior performance are significant. I don't think Faver really wants to go to a new team unless it looks like a chance to heroically lead them to the Super Bowl.

I agree it seems unlikely the BF will have such a change of heart. But I don't think we can know for sure how this SECOND rejection (first by the team, now by the fans) will effect him.

Well said, I agree with everything you said Harlan, but do you think that Favre and Thompson can kiss and make up after all that has been said so far? :?:

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I have heard anyone put it better! :worship:

FavreChild
07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
He is being treated like a fucking Mexican. Do everything you can for the white man then he deports your ass when you try to take a little break.

:tup:

:glug:

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 03:42 PM
He is being treated like a fucking Mexican. Do everything you can for the white man then he deports your ass when you try to take a little break.

boy, the women of the forum are certainly standing by their man: 007, GBrulz, Madtown, PackinPatland, FavreChild, etc. I think this is like the female Elvis Presley fans who went nuts with grief when Elvis went into the Army.

I feel a Helen Reddy song coming on:

We are Favre Fans, hear us roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep Brett down again

If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 03:48 PM
but do you think that Favre and Thompson can kiss and make up after all that has been said so far? :?:

Oh hell ya!

The hold-up is Brett has to be willing to be a backup on the Packers. And I'm not suggesting that it is possible for him to do this given his personality, I don't know. But that's the only way it can work to have him on the team. If he becomes the starter, fine.

sheepshead
07-22-2008, 03:54 PM
but do you think that Favre and Thompson can kiss and make up after all that has been said so far? :?:

Oh hell ya!

The hold-up is Brett has to be willing to be a backup on the Packers. And I'm not suggesting that it is possible for him to do this given his personality, I don't know. But that's the only way it can work to have him on the team. If he becomes the starter, fine.

said, sure what about 'done'. If TT is indeed shopping him, can this ever be repaired?

pbmax
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
McGinn reports that the Packers and Ravens talked about a trade and the Ravens rejected the offer (3rd rounder and a player or pick). He lists the usual suspects in the AFC but still includes more NFC teams.

He does state that the Packers will not trust Cook to shop Favre services for a contract and trade. This might legitimate the claims of earlier this offseason that Cook has been shopping him. That would mean that Cook (possibly Favre) has been angling to leave since April, if true.

McGinn also has a bombshell that Cook and Favre have been using a Packer cell phone to make calls to Bevell AND Childress. How this is not the lead in the article I am not sure.

If that is the case, the Cook and Favre will need to withdraw their application for membership in Mensa.

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
said, sure what about 'done'. If TT is indeed shopping him, can this ever be repaired?

The shopping means nothing, it is just TT doing his due diligence. Obviously he has to prepare for all possibilities.

And the shopping is not an aggressive act by TT. Any deal will have to be OK'd by Favre or it makes no sense.

I think Favre should stay with the Packers and let this stink blow over.

pbmax
07-22-2008, 04:31 PM
double post

oregonpackfan
07-22-2008, 04:36 PM

boy, the women of the forum are certainly standing by their man: 007, GBrulz, Madtown, PackinPatland, FavreChild, etc. I think this is like the female Elvis Presley fans who went nuts with grief when Elvis went into the Army.

I feel a Helen Reddy song coming on:

We are Favre Fans, hear us roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep Brett down again

If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong (strong)
I am invincible (invincible)
I am woman

Don't quit your day job, Harlan. You would be lucky to get Rosie O'Donnell sing that for you. :)

oregonpackfan
07-22-2008, 04:38 PM

Yeah, let's deport Favre south of the border--to Chicago! :)

woodbuck27
07-22-2008, 04:56 PM

That pussy hasn't made a single comment.What else can be said?? He is being treated like a fucking Mexican. Do everything you can for the white man 50 years of being a packer fan and Sports fan have I seem may outstanding PRO athletes take it forcably lithen he deports your ass when you try to take a little break.

This place is so fond of language I'll post this in 'straight up' perspective:

In over 50 years of being a Packer fan and sports fan I've never witnessed an outstanding and dedicated PRO athlete in any organization take it 'forceably up the ass' like Brett Favre has.

Then he takes it again and again and again and...

Well... after awhile it really HURTS. It's really humiliating.

So he crys out in the only way he knows for help. He calls on his fans, that he's certainly demonstrated loyality, and all the rest to. How's that been received?

A lot of these 'duped fans' (yup a few too many here) have no sympathy for Favre and ' in fact ' they cry out for 'the perpetrator' to shove it in Favre's ass again. I'd never believed so many could be so 'out to lunch', in their need to support a man, that will fail by the profit of his own karma.

Now all YOU TT ' love suckers'. That's not a post described or spawned by hatred. It's just the way it is or THE FACTS expressed in figurative terms.

FAVRE and as a consequence all Packer fans are getting wrongly screwed.

prsnfoto
07-22-2008, 04:59 PM
[quote=MadtownPacker]He is being treated like a fucking Mexican. Do everything you can for the white man then he deports your ass when you try to take a little break.

Actually if you get off the puter and get in the real world and talk to people more are in Favre's camp they think he handled things badly but are willing to forgive and forget I work part time at a bar in La Crosse called Glory Days we had a petition night and collected hundreds of sigs in support of Brett. I have asked hundreds of patrons are you pissed at TT or Favre majority say both, then I ask who would you rather have starting and would give them the best chance to win and all but 1(crotchetty 70 year old guy) said Favre. Moral most of the posters that are against Brett are old and Republican or like Justin Harrell(the player) and secondly by definition TT is not doing what is best for the team at least short term.

The Shadow
07-22-2008, 05:03 PM

That pussy hasn't made a single comment.What else can be said?? He is being treated like a fucking Mexican. Do everything you can for the white man 50 years of being a packer fan and Sports fan have I seem may outstanding PRO athletes take it forcably lithen he deports your ass when you try to take a little break.

In over 50 years of being a Packer fan and sports fan I've never witnessed an outstanding and dedicated PRO athlete in any organization take it 'forceably up the ass' like Brett Favre has.

So he crys out in the only way he knows for help. He calls on his fans that he's certainly demonstrated loyality and all the rest to and a lot of these duped fans (yup a few to many here) have no sympathy for favre and 'in fact' they cry out for 'the perpretrator' to shove it in Favre's ass again.

I've never believed so many could be so out to lunch in their need to support a man that will fail by the profit if his own karma. Now all YOU TT love suckers. Tthat's not a post described or spawned by hatred.

It's just the way it is or THE FACTS expressed in figurative terms.

FAVRE and as a consequence all Packer fans are getting FUCKED.

Watching a little too much Oprah again, aren't you?

Gunakor
07-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Actually if you get off the puter and get in the real world and talk to people more are in Favre's camp they think he handled things badly but are willing to forgive and forget I work part time at a bar in La Crosse called Glory Days we had a petition night and collected hundreds of sigs in support of Brett. I have asked hundreds of patrons are you pissed at TT or Favre majority say both, then I ask who would you rather have starting and would give them the best chance to win and all but 1(crotchetty 70 year old guy) said Favre. Moral most of the posters that are against Brett are old and Republican or like Justin Harrell(the player) and secondly by definition TT is not doing what is best for the team at least short term.

Depends I guess. Where I live, fans are split probably closer to 70-30 in TT's favor. And thats just the people who live in my neighborhood. I work at a hotel, so I talk to people from all over the country. My co-workers and I are talking about this alot, and guests overhear our conversation and comment on it. The majority of them side with TT as well. You'd be suprised how many people feel that since Brett made a decision to retire, TT made a committment to Rodgers, and BOTH should stick to thier decisions.

woodbuck27
07-22-2008, 05:10 PM

So he crys out in the only way he knows for help. He calls on his fans that he's certainly demonstrated loyality and all the rest to and a lot of these duped fans (yup a few to many here) have no sympathy for favre and 'in fact' they cry out for 'the perpretrator' to shove it in Favre's ass again.

I've never believed so many could be so out to lunch in their need to support a man that will fail by the profit if his own karma. Now all YOU TT love suckers. Tthat's not a post described or spawned by hatred.

Yup use whatever BS tactic it takes to undermine 'the TRUTH'. Hot dog no mustard no relish.

Your just too blind and YOUR wrong in that blindness ...your so blind YOU will possibly, never see the Packers win a Super Bowl. You have no insight into the reality of life man.

It's about balance and good Vs evil and right Vs wrong and in this mess one is right and one is wrong . Now go back and read my last post and re-call last season then look in the mirror and tell yourself Favre is getting a fair shake by 'the Green Bay Packers'.

Your stances against Favre are preposterous.

If you really beleve he deserves ' this crap '. Tell that to your dog or cat. Not me.

The Shadow
07-22-2008, 05:14 PM

Your just too blind and YOUR wrong in that blindness ...your so bind YOU will possibly, never see the Packers win a Super Bowl. You have no insight into the reality of life man.

It's about balance and good Vs evil and right Vs wrong and in this mess one is right and one is wrong . Now go back and read my last post and re-call last season then look in the mirror and tell yourself Favre is getting a fair shake by 'the Green Bay Packers'.

Your stances against Favre are preposterous.

If you really beleve he deserves 'this crap. Tell that to your dog or cat. Not me.

Is there really all that big of a difference?

Chevelle2
07-22-2008, 05:15 PM
your so bind YOU will possibly, never see the Packers win a Super Bowl

If Favre stays retired we all will.

Postseason Since 1998:

1 super bowl loss
19 touchdowns
19 interceptions
1 fumble.
3-7 record

SkinBasket
07-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Tell that to your dog or cat. Not me.

http://media.tumblr.com/14139361_500.jpg

mmmdk
07-22-2008, 05:18 PM
[quote=MadtownPacker]He is being treated like a fucking Mexican. Do everything you can for the white man then he deports your ass when you try to take a little break.

Ah, that's groupies for ya. :D

woodbuck27
07-22-2008, 05:24 PM
your so bind YOU will possibly, never see the Packers win a Super Bowl

Postseason Since 1998:

1 super bowl loss
19 touchdowns
19 interceptions
1 fumble.
3-7 record

Your not getting it. How often he got us there with what he had as support.

How very well he played in 2007 and his loyalty and service and another season Vs whatever else TT has installed as our QB??

Favre 13-3 in 2007 Vs ???

Favre and all those consecutive games and all he gave us Vs what we know now. ONLY the fans will bring him back, even as that back=up, but that's not the end game. TT controls the end game.

Favre.

Gunakor
07-22-2008, 05:25 PM

YOU just too blind and YOUR the hater ...your so bind YOU willl possibly never see the packers win a Super Bowl. You have no insight into the reality of life man. It's about balance and good Vs evil and right Vs wrong and in this mess one is right and one is wrong . Now go back and read my last post and re-call last season then look in the mirror and tell yourself favre is getting a fair shake by 'the Green Bay Packers'.

If you really beleve he deserves 'this crap. Tell that to your dog or cat. Not me.

Woody, this 'crap' is all of Favre's creation. He made his bed, now he has to lie in it. He wouldn't have to deal with any of this had he not went to the media and created this shitstorm. You can't say that holding Favre responsible for the decisions he makes is unfair. He decided to retire. Thompson decided to move on. Just because Favre changed his mind doesn't mean that TT has to, nor does it make TT the bad guy.

TT didn't call Fox to do an interview with him so he could sling insults at Favre. TT didn't put himself above the team. Mike Sherman may have given the impression to Favre that he was bigger than the team, but TT/MM have made it clear they won't do that for anybody - not even a legend like Brett Favre. Kudos to them for that as well. That does not make TT or MM the bad guy either. At least not to me, but apparently it does to Brett Favre. THAT is the biggest reason I side with TT here.

Chevelle2
07-22-2008, 05:30 PM
[quote=woodbuck27]your so bind YOU will possibly, never see the Packers win a Super Bowl

Postseason Since 1998:

1 super bowl loss
19 touchdowns
19 interceptions
1 fumble.
3-7 record

Your not getting it. How often he got us there with what he had as support.

How very well he played in 2007 and his loyalty and service and another season Vs whatever else TT has installed as our QB??

Favre 13-3 in 2007 Vs ???

Favre and all those consecutive games and all he gave us Vs what we know now. ONLY the fans will bring him back, even as that back=up, but that's not the end game. TT controls the end game.

Favre.

3 Playoff Wins Since 1998

I guess its NEVER his fault. My bad. :whist:

motife
07-22-2008, 05:54 PM
http://lauriekendrick.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/rodney_king.jpg

http://www.imeem.com/groups/ov_dajXb/music/ebVNbI4S/deva_premal_chidananda/

Joemailman
07-22-2008, 05:59 PM
McGinn reports that the Packers and Ravens talked about a trade and the Ravens rejected the offer (3rd rounder and a player or pick). He lists the usual suspects in the AFC but still includes more NFC teams.

He does state that the Packers will not trust Cook to shop Favre services for a contract and trade. This might legitimate the claims of earlier this offseason that Cook has been shopping him. That would mean that Cook (possibly Favre) has been angling to leave since April, if true.

McGinn also has a bombshell that Cook and Favre have been using a Packer cell phone to make calls to Bevell AND Childress. How this is not the lead in the article I am not sure.

If that is the case, the Cook and Favre will need to withdraw their application for membership in Mensa.

I don't know that the cell phone story has been confirmed. The first I heard of it it was an educated guess based on the idea that there would be no other way for the Packers to have a list of phone calls made by Favre. It makes sense I suppose, unless one thinks that TT has benn tapping Favre's phone line.

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 07:12 PM

I don't know that the cell phone story has been confirmed. The first I heard of it it was an educated guess based on the idea that there would be no other way for the Packers to have a list of phone calls made by Favre. It makes sense I suppose, unless one thinks that TT has benn tapping Favre's phone line.

It's pretty apparent to me that the reason we never see TT is he's working undercover with Jack Bauer....aka...24 with the CTU

vince
07-22-2008, 08:47 PM
McGinn also has a bombshell that Cook and Favre have been using a Packer cell phone to make calls to Bevell AND Childress.
How ironic (yet fitting) is it that it was the Packers who intercepted Favre this time!

packrat
07-22-2008, 09:49 PM
All you Favre apologists--remember the results when Rhodes and Sherman let Favre make his own rules, and compare that with the results when Holmgren and MM held him accountable. Once again, everyone wants to give Favre a pass when he pisses in the pool. But you can't lose--you Favre fans can just root for whichever team he ends up on. Me? I'm a Packer fan who is ready to move on when a player falters and I'll be a Packer fan regardless of where Favre plays. TT was able to put together a better record than Sherman and Favre ever did. The improvement came from TT putting together a better TEAM and a coach who held Favre accountable.

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 09:55 PM
All you Favre apologists--remember the results when Rhodes and Sherman let Favre make his own rules, and compare that with the results when Holmgren and MM held him accountable. Once again, everyone wants to give Favre a pass when he pisses in the pool. But you can't lose--you Favre fans can just root for whichever team he ends up on. Me? I'm a Packer fan who is ready to move on when a player falters and I'll be a Packer fan regardless of where Favre plays. TT was able to put together a better record than Sherman and Favre ever did. The improvement came from TT putting together a better TEAM and a coach who held Favre accountable.

And the TT Jocklickers can also give Favre credit where it is due and see that he excelled when surrounded with good coaching and quality WR's. It's not all Favre; but it's undoubtedly not all TT and MM either. If you are going to throw the darts I hope you can take them as well

You can also give the Wolf and Holmgren era plenty of credit for coaching him up and bringing us the one championship we've had in the past forty years or so. There are many ways to build a contender; but at the core must be a quality QB. Favre has given us that and now we're going into the unknown. Should be an interesting ride.

Packerarcher
07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
It is bad enough seeing all this TT leg humping on here. But it's almost unbearable to see all you so called Packer fans bash Brett Favre. Most of you ungrateful idiots that are doing the Favre bashing have NO fucking clue what it's like for a team to win with a mediocre QB. The reason being we have been able to depend on Brett for soooo long. Now some of you idiots just like the Packer organazation have no respect for the man you counted on for so long. This will be one hell of an intresting season,Pussy Rodgers goes down,rookie back up and no Brett Favre. TT sure fucked up Green Bay Packer football in less than a year,is that what "executive of the year does.

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
But it's almost unbearable to see all you so called Packer fans bash Brett Favre. Most of you ungrateful idiots that are doing the Favre bashing have NO fucking clue what it's like for a team to win with a mediocre QB.

Favre has behaved badly. It is not disloyal to face facts.

This is like saying those who criticize the government are unpatriotic. You do not own the crown of Favre Fan just because you think TT should have given-in to Favre's demands.

In two months very few people are going to care about this ordeal, BTW.

The Shadow
07-22-2008, 11:44 PM

It is always refreshing to see the simple truth used against the hysterical, illogical brayings of The Cult.
Nicely expressed!