PDA

View Full Version : Parcells blames... Romo???

packers11
07-22-2008, 01:44 PM
ITS MY 2000th post by the way... 8-)

www.rotoworld.com

In an interview scheduled to air on Tuesday night, Bill Parcells says that Tony Romo's fumbled snap that cost the Cowboys the wild card victory two seasons ago is the reason he stopped coaching.

Is there anything Romo can't be blamed for? "All you got to do is kick a field goal, the most elementary of plays, and then you just don’t do it. And so I don’t want to go through that process again. Too much blood," Parcells said.

Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

HarveyWallbangers
07-22-2008, 02:13 PM
Sounds like he's blaming the play, not Romo so much. He's saying that a play like that drove him from coaching. Where you work so hard to win the game and it's botched on something that you are successful with on 99 out of a 100 plays. Misleading thread title.

Guiness
07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Two thoughts about this...one is after as many years as he coached for, how can any one event bother him that much? If things like that bothered him so much, I'd guess he'd have gone certifiably insane long ago. Of course, some may argue that did happen years ago.

My second though though, is that he just went 'I'm too old for this shit' and walked away.

oregonpackfan
07-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Two thoughts about this...one is after as many years as he coached for, how can any one event bother him that much? If things like that bothered him so much, I'd guess he'd have gone certifiably insane long ago. Of course, some may argue that did happen years ago.

My second though though, is that he just went 'I'm too old for this shit' and walked away.

I think two other factors besides age made his decision to quit coaching the Cowboys:

1. Having to treat T.O. like a "Sacred Cow" on orders from Jerry Jones.

2. Too much micromanaging from owner Jerry Jones. I think Parcells resented Jones making too many coaching and managerial decisions an owner should not make.