PDA

View Full Version : Sell high buy low

gex
07-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Seems the haters are much more vocal(or just like to type more) than the Favre supporters.

BTW why are we holding on to TT for? We should trade him to the Falcons while his stock is high for some draft picks. I'm sure we can get another GM who has been groomed for a couple of years(yet with no expierience)to take over with very little drop-off... if any. Just because TT's been good for the Packers the past couple years, that's no indication he will be as succesful in the future.

So wht do you all think trade TT now while the stock is high?

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
The TT Jocklickers will soon arrive :lol:

gex
07-22-2008, 04:01 PM
lol :lol:

gex
07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Can I use that for my Fantasy team name?

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Can I use that for my Fantasy team name?

ABSOLUTELY

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Seems the haters are much more vocal(or just like to type more) than the Favre supporters.

:lol: :lol: Who do these "haters" that you've identified hate? Favre?

woodbuck27
07-22-2008, 04:08 PM

FLASH!!.....Where's MJ? :D

Leader of the pack..the TT Storm Trooper. Polished buttons and all. :)

oregonpackfan
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM

I am confident they will be easily defeated by "Bretsky's Bullshiters." :)

Spaulding
07-22-2008, 04:28 PM
I like the spin you put on the thread using the same logic many posts use against Favre but have a few rebuttals:

1) Aging is not a factor when evaluating a GM
2) GM's don't need to physically work out during the offseaon to remain sharp
3) If a GM retired and then decided to come back I would doubt they would be
reinstated to their former position
4) Do we currently have a GM promotable employee within the organization to
replace TT?

gex
07-22-2008, 04:50 PM
True that it was mostly in jest, but if we did have someone or somebody from a different organization and we could get ...say a 1st and a 5th for him??? There may be some growing pains but the extra picks would be worth it. :shock:

Spaulding
07-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I'd have no problem making that trade provided we have somebody in the wings.

With regard to Favre, everything about this mess is depressing. If only he'd come back with the thought of either winning the job (Rodgers would have nothing to bitch about if he wasn't the better player).

Even if they slated him as backup, if Rodgers played well then all is good and if Rogers goes down with an injury or playes very poorly he'd come in as the savior.

Only way that doesn't work out is if Rodgers is mediocre and TT/M3 continue to stick with him over Favre.

Chevelle2
07-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Does TT throw season ending interceptions?

http://philadelphia-eagles.net/history/2003/playoffs/div-h.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/167/brettsf1.png

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 06:20 PM

http://philadelphia-eagles.net/history/2003/playoffs/div-h.jpg

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/167/brettsf1.png

This is an incredibly misleading picture

We had a MUCH more accurate picture after it occured that shows the upper view from when Favre was beginning to release the ball and nobody was wide open at the time. Grant as I recall was hardly in route and not open as it appears on this one. I saw this posted a few other spots/sites as well. But the other picture is realistic.

GBRulz
07-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Does TT bring his team back from a 14 pt deficit in a heavy snow storm, so they can even play the following week?

No need to be so one-sided, ya know.

Chevelle2
07-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Does TT bring his team back from a 14 pt deficit in a heavy snow storm, so they can even play the following week?

No need to be so one-sided, ya know.

Does Favre rebuild the team from 4-12 in 2 years?

Pacopete4
07-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Chevelle... we have had the most wins by a franchise since 1992... do you know who the one constant is?... I''ll give ya a hint, it aint fuckin Ted "Weasley" Thompson

Chevelle2
07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Chevelle... we have had the most wins by a franchise since 1992... do you know who the one constant is?... I''ll give ya a hint, it aint fuckin Ted "Weasley" Thompson

Don't get it twisted, I love Brett Favre. I just think he gets a free pass far too often, thats all.

Pacopete4
07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Understandable.. I don't think he should get a free pass from this fiasco, but not having him as our starting QB is absolutely insane...

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Understandable.. I don't think he should get a free pass from this fiasco, but not having him as our starting QB is absolutely insane...

not if Rodgers is better. Favre is out of line demanding that his position as starter be guaranteed after he retired. If he wants to play, he should take the backup job and let events play out.

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 09:48 PM

not if Rodgers is better. Favre is out of line demanding that his position as starter be guaranteed after he retired. If he wants to play, he should take the backup job and let events play out.

What if TT has told Favre they are going with AROD; flatout. Favre has indicated there is an inconsistency with what TT told him versus what he has told us. WTMJ was discussing what this could be, as was the local ESPN 1070 Network. I don't know what else it can be, and that might put forth a bit of logic as to some of Favre's most recent tactics.

I don't condone how BF went about this; not for a second.

But keep in mind TT is a master of telling us exactly what he wants us to know and no more. There is more to this story. I don't buy it's as simple as showing up and getting a fair shake to start; maybe I'm wrong. Favre, in all honestly, is a hack to the media and is very ineffective. With the media support TT would have from Packer staffers who do you think is going to be the bad guy in this ? It was stupid for Favre to get in a pissing match because he can't win.

But there is more to this than TT's timeline he very effectively put out.

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
What if TT has told Favre they are going with AROD; flatout.

If TT set these explicit terms, than Favre or someone in his camp would have revealed it.

Favre has been far more vindictive and reaching in his public comments than the Packers. IF there is more to this story, it is undoubtably damning to Favre.

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM

If TT set these explicit terms, than Favre or someone in his camp would have revealed it.

Favre has been far more vindictive and reaching in his public comments than the Packers. IF there is more to this story, it is undoubtably damning to Favre.

this is all my belief; but I don't think Favre knows what to do and he is clueless in the PR game. They were discussing on ESPN today how they Favre and Deanna feel somehow wronged by GB. I can't think of anything else so that's my theory at least.

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 10:26 PM
the only action that would satisfy Favre and his supporters would be if Favre was welcomed back as the starter.

All the talk and insinuations that Favre was a victim of an unfair process, or that the Packers have been dirty dealing is just an expression of frustration. Favre and his diehard supporters are mad and hurt because his request to return as king of the hill was denied.

There is far, far less to this story than meets the eye.

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
the only action that would satisfy Favre and his supporters would be if Favre was welcomed back as the starter.

All the talk and insinuations that Favre was a victim of an unfair process, or that the Packers have been dirty dealing is just an expression of frustration. Favre and his diehard supporters are mad and hurt because his request to return as king of the hill was denied.

There is far, far less to this story than meets the eye.

we agree to disagree

IMO there is far more then what you or I know

Bossman641
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM

Agreed.

I've said this before. Favre's camp has been the one leaking stories, real and fake. I find it hard to believe that, if they actually had a legit story to paint TT as a villain, they would be holding back. BS IMO.

bobblehead
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM

Interesting note. When TT left we went 8-8 the IMMEDIATE year after. We floundered without any success every since. He came back, rebuilt the team and we hosted the NFC championship game....obviously it is all TT that caused success by your logic.

Bretsky
07-22-2008, 11:28 PM

Interesting note. When TT left we went 8-8 the IMMEDIATE year after. We floundered without any success every since. He came back, rebuilt the team and we hosted the NFC championship game....obviously it is all TT that caused success by your logic.

Ray Rhodes; I really don't have to say any more for those who followed this guys attempt to be a head coach. It's truly amazing we won 8 games

Carolina_Packer
07-22-2008, 11:30 PM
we agree to disagree

IMO there is far more then what you or I know

Totally agree. I've always thought this to be true. I think as fans we are only seeing part of the puzzle.

Harlan Huckleby
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
I think as fans we are only seeing part of the puzzle.

Could you give an example of some sort of twist that could have happened, that both sides would have an interest in keeping hidden?

I can't think of a thing.

PErhaps the Packers would shield Favre from some sorts of embarassment because they have an interest in calming the waters and shielding their popular legend from further harm.