PDA

View Full Version : Ditka on Favre

packinpatland
07-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Don't know if this has been posted or not......I like what he has to say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_GU1HPagEc

mraynrand
07-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Question is, who would win - a team of mini-Ditka's, or a team made up of 26 year-old Favres?

BlueBrewer
07-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Question is, who would win - a team of mini-Ditka's, or a team made up of 26 year-old Favres?

26 year old Favre would eat the mini Ditkas and wash them down with a Miller Lite /vicotin cocktail. :shock:

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
I really like Ditka a lot, he is one of the most interesting people in the football world. I really admire that he is doing work to help ex-NFL players get their bodies fixed. That was ignored far too long.

I really disagree when Ditka suggests that the Packers were disloyal to Favre, part of the general way of the football business. The Packers have gone a very long way towards accomodating Favre's indecision this offseason and in years past. If Ditka was better informed on the facts he might see things differently.

Patler
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
I really like Ditka a lot, he is one of the most interesting people in the football world. I really admire that he is doing work to help ex-NFL players get their bodies fixed. That was ignored far too long.

I really disagree when Ditka suggests that the Packers were disloyal to Favre, part of the general way of the football business. The Packers have gone a very long way towards accomodating Favre's indecision this offseason and in years past. If Ditka was better informed on the facts he might see things differently.

Agreed, about Ditka and his comments. He also seemed to imply loyalty as something owed the player from the team. It goes both ways. For the most part, players are no more loyal to the teams than are the teams to the players.

Noodle
07-23-2008, 06:20 PM
For the most part, players are no more loyal to the teams than are the teams to the players.

This is true, but it always seems to be the case that the fans side with the absurdly rich owners as opposed to the rich players.

Fans rarely complain when owners low-ball an aging vet or simply let him go, but they cry bloody murder when players try to improve their economic position. In a world of non-guaranteed contracts, this imbalance has always left me dumbfounded.

Whatever happened to a healthy hate for capitalists, especially when they are pitted agianst their income-producing, injury-risking workers?

Patler
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
This is true, but it always seems to be the case that the fans side with the absurdly rich owners as opposed to the rich players.

Fans rarely complain when owners low-ball an aging vet or simply let him go, but they cry bloody murder when players try to improve their economic position. In a world of non-guaranteed contracts, this imbalance has always left me dumbfounded.

Whatever happened to a healthy hate for capitalists, especially when they are pitted agianst their income-producing, injury-risking workers?

Fans know there is a salary cap. Lowballing the aging vet who no longer produces allows the team to sign an up and coming player the fans also like. Fans are more loyal to the team than to the players.