PDA

View Full Version : Maytag sux the cokzor

SkinBasket
07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
We decide a refridgerator is something you keep for a couple decades so we spend 2G on a fucking fridge. Maytag decides to use a chinese high voltage board that apparently includes two 5 cent capacitors prone to failure after 6-24 months. When the board fails, the lights on the ice dispensor panel blink wildly, but more importantly the goddamn ice dispensor door opens and snaps shut every 10 seconds and can be heard from anywhere in the house while it attempts to burn out it's own motor. Oh, and the compressor shuts down. I get to spend $350 for a new board.

There will be blood. Well at least an attempt to get them to pay my bill. Lesson learned: Fuck Maytag.

hoosier
07-23-2008, 01:10 PM
We decide a refridgerator is something you keep for a couple decades so we spend 2G on a fucking fridge. Maytag decides to use a chinese high voltage board that apparently includes two 5 cent capacitors prone to failure after 6-24 months. When the board fails, the lights on the ice dispensor panel blink wildly, but more importantly the goddamn ice dispensor door opens and snaps shut every 10 seconds and can be heard from anywhere in the house while it attempts to burn out it's own motor. Oh, and the compressor shuts down. I get to spend $350 for a new board.

There will be blood. Well at least an attempt to get them to pay my bill. Lesson learned: Fuck Maytag.

I suggest you call Maytag's repair hotline. I hear they will send a repairman over to fix the problem within an hour. http://www.hojohnlee.com/weblog/wp-content/Maytag_repairman.jpg

SkinBasket
07-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah. I tried that. They could send someone in the afternoon, but she couldn't tell me if he would have the board or not. And they wanted a $70 "diagnostic fee" to tell me what was wrong after I told them what was wrong.

Sears A&E repair sucks the cockzors just as hard as Maytag. Ah, well. I'll fill out the complaint form and see if they'll own up to their shitty product or not.

hoosier
07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I take it the fridge is no longer under warrantee? Do you have renters/homeowners insurance? Assuming you do, my best advice is, load it on a dolly and walk it up to the tippy top of a municiple parking ramp....

GBRulz
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
My fridge is about the only thing I've ever purchased an extended warranty on. Mine was pretty pricey as well, around $2300. Well, in year three my ice box went out. Whole thing had to be replaced. Needless to say, the warranty paid for itself.

If you have Sears come out though, I know they used to take their "trip fee" and apply it to whatever work you needed done. If they do that anymore, I'm not sure, this was like 3 years ago when my dryer needed repair. I think you said you called the Maytag guy though.

GoPackGo
07-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Ever heard of Consumer Reports?

SkinBasket
07-23-2008, 03:04 PM
If you have Sears come out though, I know they used to take their "trip fee" and apply it to whatever work you needed done. If they do that anymore, I'm not sure, this was like 3 years ago when my dryer needed repair. I think you said you called the Maytag guy though.

Sears is the Maytag guy now and they suck chicken tits. I just called some old fucker who would actually tell me that he had the goddamn part. A fucking $180 chinese circuit board as complex as a calculator. Installed for $330. If the compressor was still working I would have just ordered the board and put it in myself. Running up and down the stairs to the basement fridge to get the kids milk and food 8 times a day for a week wasn't going to happen.

SkinBasket
07-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Ever heard of Consumer Reports?

Consumer Reports is so 1997.

mraynrand
07-23-2008, 03:28 PM
compressor was still working I would have just ordered the board and put it in myself. Running up and down the stairs to the basement fridge to get the kids milk and food 8 times a day for a week wasn't going to happen.

All that running could have restored your lean, sexy girlish figure.

But seriously folks, as long as we're on the fridge story, who has had luck selecting a 21-25 cu. ft. fridge. What did you get, from where, and how much?

Deputy Nutz
07-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Thats what you get for spending 2k. I got a used fridge off a guy that was dying for 400.00. Nothing wrong with it after 5 years. I guess I don't have a fancy ice dispenser or a fridge that gives hand jobs, but thats just the way it goes.

Patler
07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Most all of our kitchen appliances are 20+ years old. All will soon need to be replaced during a planned remodel. I hear so many bad stories about all brands that it has me concerned.

Our Maytag washer died last Spring and we went through repair hell with A&E who contracts the Maytag repair service here. I booked repair through Maytag online, and A&E showed up. $250 dollars later, the washer still didn't work. I decided the best thing to do was to buy a new one from a local, well known, well-established appliance store. One who only sells appliances, and has his own repair people. I figured dealing in person with someone like that if there is a problem is more likely to get resolution than dealing on the phone with a nameless, faceless voice from who knows where.

Deputy Nutz
07-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I am buying all my appliances on craigslist.com from now on.

mraynrand
07-23-2008, 04:47 PM

Craigslist.com is so 2006.

Deputy Nutz
07-23-2008, 04:52 PM

Craigslist.com is so 2006.

yes. I am not really beyond 1997.

mraynrand
07-23-2008, 04:52 PM
I just bought a 'new' (New to me) honey of a fridge on craigslist (home remodel here I come)!

http://www.thriftyfun.com/images/feedback_image.lasso?id=85248725

HowardRoark
07-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I guess I don't have a fancy ice dispenser or a fridge that gives hand jobs

I have been married for a few years and would be very interested in hearing more about this.

Is this 2006 and beyond too?

Tyrone Bigguns
07-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Maytag doesn't really exist...whirpool company.

Only maytag product outta newton these days....

http://www.maytagdairyfarms.com/images/cheese06.gif

Little Whiskey
07-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Skin what is the model and part number on your part. My uncle works for Whirlpool(maytag) in the RD center. he is constantly breaking shit just to fix it again. Maybe I can get you a deal on the replacement part.

I was talking to a Whirlpool engineer about their washing machines. I asked what he thought was the best they make. he said the Roper line. Gets your clothes the cleanest and will last forever.

Freak Out
07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
I have an LG fridge and it works great. No problems after 10 years of abuse....my LG gas dryer on the other hand gave up the ghost after a week and after the hassle I had dealing with home depot and LG support I wont buy another appliance from either of them.
I have a big Viking range and I will never buy another one....looks good but it's junk....if I hadn't spent so much money on it I would pay to have someone drop it from an aircraft onto the store I bought it from.

SkinBasket
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Skin what is the model and part number on your part. My uncle works for Whirlpool(maytag) in the RD center. he is constantly breaking shit just to fix it again. Maybe I can get you a deal on the replacement part.

I was talking to a Whirlpool engineer about their washing machines. I asked what he thought was the best they make. he said the Roper line. Gets your clothes the cleanest and will last forever.

Thanks for the offer sexyWhiskey, but I already had the shit replaced. With the compressor fucking itself in the ass, I couldn't wait. I'm just pissed that this is kind of a widespread problem and the cocksmokers at Sears A&E act like it's the first time these fucking chinese capacitors have burned out. A quick internet search says otherwise. Like I said, I'll probably just submit a complaint to the state consumer protection bureau, they get shit done.

In case you're still wondering it's the MFI2568AE Maytag Ice2O that sucks so much cock. A search for "HV board maytag ice2o" demonstrates how pissed people get about something that not only breaks, but breaks in a terribly irritating fashion.

Iron Mike
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I've got an Amana.....isn't that the same company also??

Tyrone Bigguns
07-23-2008, 07:15 PM
I've got an Amana.....isn't that the same company also??

yep. owned by whirlpool:

Whirlpool - duh!
Maytag
KitchenAid
Jenn-Air
Amana
Roper
Acros
Estate
Inglis
Bauknecht
Brastemp
Gladiator GarageWorks

Also some Kenmore apps, also manufacturers apps you see at ikea and home depot.

Whirl is the largest home app manufacturer.

Ty has always had good luck with KitchenAid.[/list]

Iron Mike
07-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Ty has always had good luck with KitchenAid.

My last house had KitchenAid stove, refrigerator and dishwasher in there. No problems.

I'm happy with the Amana stuff, too.

I'm a Sony guy with the Home Electronics. 8-)

Tyrone Bigguns
07-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Ty has always had good luck with KitchenAid.

My last house had KitchenAid stove, refrigerator and dishwasher in there. No problems.

I'm happy with the Amana stuff, too.

I'm a Sony guy with the Home Electronics. 8-)

I dont' know all the products and their relative marketing positions..but, KA has always been at the top for american made home apps.

Sony: Good product, but seem to work best when all sony. Ty is more a "best of breed" type of guy.

HowardRoark
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Ty is more a "best of breed" type of guy.

You forgot one then.....right under your nose.

http://www.subzero.com/about/subzerohistory.aspx

Iron Mike
07-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I used to have a Contractor Brother-In-Law that would just about piss his pants if the word "Bosch" was mentioned. :P

Tyrone Bigguns
07-23-2008, 08:09 PM

You generally don't use the term "best of breed" with applianes..since they don't "work together" like a receiver, dvd player, cd player, etc.

First, didn't forget, we are talking Whirlpool...SZ isn't a whirlpool product. At least not to my knowledge.

Sub zero...for a long time only institional. You can't put SZ in the cat with whirlpool appliances. Should i include gaggenau, thermador...or even viking?

That would be like discussing Rooms to Go furniture with Ligne Rosset. :wink:

P.S. answered you education/healthcare..you might wanna read it..you'll learn something.

HowardRoark
07-23-2008, 08:25 PM

You generally don't use the term "best of breed" with applianes..since they don't "work together" like a receiver, dvd player, cd player, etc.

First, didn't forget, we are talking Whirlpool...SZ isn't a whirlpool product. At least not to my knowledge.

Sub zero...for a long time only institional. You can't put SZ in the cat with whirlpool appliances. Should i include gaggenau, thermador...or even viking?

P.S. answered you education/healthcare..you might wanna read it..you'll learn something.

Gosh, I stand corrected. Appliances too; how do you do it?

I am a little reluctant to go read your post, I think I am all tapped out on learning today. Perhaps I will read it first thing in the morning…..let my new found appliance knowledge sink in for awhile.

Who is your brother?

retailguy
07-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Who is your brother?

Michael Moore. :P

Tyrone Bigguns
07-23-2008, 08:51 PM

Gosh, I stand corrected. Appliances too; how do you do it?

I am a little reluctant to go read your post, I think I am all tapped out on learning today. Perhaps I will read it first thing in the morning…..let my new found appliance knowledge sink in for awhile.

Who is your brother?

Has nothing to do with appliances. Standard terminology for Tech. Most often, it refers to the top software or hardware in a particular class..Companies usually make their software purchases through a variety of vendors to acquire the best-in-breed for each application as it is very rare that one company can excel in every area.

Thus i took a term and applied it to sony..as a selling point for them is the interoperability ( platform crossing technologies) tween gadgets...game systems to mobile,etc.

For you..it would apply to investing. THis was the reason Ty never put any money in Lucent...when he lived in orlando. Lucent required you to buy all or nothing. Bad strat..and it killed them.

Appliances:

1. Ty is always appreciate of form and function
2. You aren't very culturally perceptive...cause if you were..you'd know what 2 rooms are the most important in a house.

Brother:

We are all brothers, roark.

Guiness
07-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the offer sexyWhiskey, but I already had the shit replaced. With the compressor fucking itself in the ass, I couldn't wait. I'm just pissed that this is kind of a widespread problem and the cocksmokers at Sears A&E act like it's the first time these fucking chinese capacitors have burned out. A quick internet search says otherwise. Like I said, I'll probably just submit a complaint to the state consumer protection bureau, they get shit done.

That burns my ass too. I can't stand it when you report a problem to a CS person, and they act all stunned, like this is a first time occurence...when it's the 5th damn time it's happened to you, and you're goddamn sure it's happening right across the board.

digitaldean
07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
I have an LG fridge and it works great. No problems after 10 years of abuse....my LG gas dryer on the other hand gave up the ghost after a week and after the hassle I had dealing with home depot and LG support I wont buy another appliance from either of them.
I have a big Viking range and I will never buy another one....looks good but it's junk....if I hadn't spent so much money on it I would pay to have someone drop it from an aircraft onto the store I bought it from.

Bought an LG dryer, LOVE IT. Just bought an LG fridge with the freezer drawer on the bottom. Mechanically, love it. MINOR aesthetic issue. Door handle consistently is coming loose, getting that resolved Friday.

Previously had 2 GE appliances that crapped out. Microwave in less than 5 and fridge less than 6. Went to my Best Buy to buy a different microwave, the first was an LG. It had an electrical problem that necessitated bringing it back. Exchanged it for a GE, it also crapped out in less than an hour. WTF??!!

Tempted to get a cheap a** one from WalMart instead of spending a couple hundred on a higher end microwave.

Guarantee though that I will NEVER buy another GE product.

Partial
07-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Appliances aren't made the way they evidently once were. People bitched and moaned about it at Sears all the time.

HowardRoark
07-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Ty is always appreciate of form and function

2. You aren't very culturally perceptive...cause if you were..you'd know what 2 rooms are the most important in a house.

I like to cut my lawn a lot, it calms my nerves. As long as my lawnmower works. I'm fine.

Iron Mike
07-23-2008, 11:22 PM
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/pics/78anerds3.jpg

Happiness is a Norge full of Tang and egg salad. 8-)

Freak Out
07-23-2008, 11:55 PM
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/78/pics/78anerds3.jpg

Happiness is a Norge full of Tang and egg salad. 8-)

:lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
07-24-2008, 05:21 PM

I like to cut my lawn a lot, it calms my nerves. As long as my lawnmower works. I'm fine.

So, you wack off 7/8 months of the year?

HowardRoark
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM

I live in Minnesota, I use a blower for half the year.

mraynrand
07-24-2008, 08:57 PM

OUCH!

http://injurylaw.reganfirm.com/5117.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
07-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Well, that is nice you give the wife a long vacay. :wink:

HowardRoark
07-26-2008, 10:09 AM
US man charged for shooting mower

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7526628.stm

A 56-year-old man from the Midwestern US state of Wisconsin has been arrested after shooting his lawn mower in his garden because it would not start.

Keith Walendowski was charged by police in Milwaukee with disorderly conduct and possession of a sawn-off shotgun.

He could face a fine of up to $11,000 and a maximum prison sentence of six-and-a-half years if convicted.

Police officers said Mr Walendowski had told them: "It's my lawn mower and my yard, so I can shoot it if I want."

Police found the shotgun, a handgun and a stungun, as well as ammunition, when they detained Mr Walendowski in the basement of his house.

Witnesses told police that he appeared to have been drinking.

The lawn mower was found sitting outside Mr Walendowski's house, which he shares with his mother, with the rubbish on Friday.

A local retailer said that Mr Walendowski might now have difficulty getting his lawn mower repaired.

"Anything not factory recommended would void the warranty," said Dick Wagner, of Wagner's Garden Mart in Milwaukee.