PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IF DA VIKES OFFER A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK FOR FAVRE ?

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 06:53 PM
IF YOU ARE THE GM

What if the Vikings offered us a first round draft pick for Brett Favre.

Let's assume that we can only garner a 4th round pick elsewhere.

Do you make the deal ?

Rastak
07-23-2008, 06:55 PM
IF YOU ARE THE GM

Do you make the deal ?

It would never happen but I'd do it from the Packers perspective. A 1st round pick for a guy you don't even want? No brainer.

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Being realistic, if Favre comes back it's likely he will only play one more year and at the most three or so years. It's unlikely we will move forward full stride without missing a beat, with a new QB, as some would like us to believe.

I'd do the deal knowing it will help us immensely down the road...even if it allows the Vikings to go deep into the playoffs

sheepshead
I hate first round picks--no way in hell-ever.

MJZiggy
How 'bout you just let those tampering charges stick and take their first rounder anyway and then trade him to the other team, netting you a first and a fourth?

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 06:57 PM
IF YOU ARE THE GM

Do you make the deal ?

It would never happen but I'd do it from the Packers perspective. A 1st round pick for a guy you don't even want? No brainer.

agree

Rastak
07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
How 'bout you just let those tampering charges stick and take their first rounder anyway and then trade him to the other team, netting you a first and a fourth?

Tampering charges will net you nothing. The pick would be forfeit most likely and certainly not a first.

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 06:58 PM

STOP is you :jack: er

Even if MN tampered I don't think they have to give their pick to us silly; TT just did this to bend over the Vikes and the Favre camp

MJZiggy
07-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I knew that'd get you to pipe up... :P

Rastak
07-23-2008, 07:00 PM

So Zig, what's your answer on the poll?

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 07:00 PM

Like TT, she has no comment; let her create a timeline for a response :lol:

Actually, she will probably vote no

Rastak
07-23-2008, 07:03 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
07-23-2008, 07:05 PM

Tampering charges will net you nothing. The pick would be forfeit most likely and certainly not a first.

Actually, in the case of the 49ers-Bears tampering charge, the 49ers forfeited a draft pick and swapped picks with Chicago (getting the lower of the two picks) in one round. Indeed, it did net the Bears something. Makes sense. The tampering not only could have helped the team doing it, but it also could have hurt the team that owned the rights to that player.

Iron Mike
07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Indeed, it did net the Bears something.

It helped them all the way to 7-9 and the NFC North cellar. :P

Rastak
07-23-2008, 07:15 PM

Actually, in the case of the 49ers-Bears tampering charge, the 49ers forfeited a draft pick and swapped picks with Chicago (getting the lower of the two picks) in one round. Indeed, it did net the Bears something. Makes sense. The tampering not only could have helped the team doing it, but it also could have hurt the team that owned the rights to that player.

That's not netting a first round pick....did they swap in the first round, or later rounds....by the way, you are also jacking the thread.... :lol:

Joemailman
07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
It's a tough call, but I'd probably do it. It would help the Vikes this year, but in a year or two, they'll be looking for a QB again, and we'll potentially have an outstanding player ready to break out into stardom.

mmmdk
07-23-2008, 07:20 PM
It's a tough call, but I'd probably do it. It would help the Vikes this year, but in a year or two, they'll be looking for a QB again, and we'll potentially have an outstanding player ready to break out into stardom.

I agree but Favre in purple would be weird. I'll get over it though.

Freak Out
07-23-2008, 07:27 PM
As much as I hate the Vikings I'd have to do it. He could tear it up with AP making the D key run all day.

hoosier
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM
I'd do the trade if the Vikings had a first to trade next year, but since their next #1 isn't till the 2010 draft, I figure that the depreciation factor means the Packers would really only be netting a #2 for sending Favre to MN. And I definitely wouldn't trade him to that team for a 2, since that is below market value (per Jason Taylor trade).

Rastak
07-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I'd do the trade if the Vikings had a first to trade next year, but since their next #1 isn't till the 2010 draft, I figure that the depreciation factor means the Packers would really only be netting a #2 for sending Favre to MN. And I definitely wouldn't trade him to that team for a 2, since that is below market value (per Jason Taylor trade).

Huh?

Joemailman
07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Some people seem to think the Vikings gave up their 2009 pick for Jared Allen, It was their 2008 pick they gave up.

retailguy
07-23-2008, 07:36 PM

Huh?

He thinks you gave up the 09 pick for Allen, but it was the '08.... research, research! :wink:

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 07:37 PM

ditto last responses

retailguy
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Not a chance. No WAY no how. Not for ANY draft pick. It makes Minny better, you CANNOT help with that.... Especially NOT this year.

Was I emphatic enough? :P 8-)

boiga
07-23-2008, 07:56 PM
I would do it, if only for the irony on opening night. Besides, that's the only thing that could possibly make beating the vikings more enjoyable than it was last year.

It would also end any Favre apologist rants on these boards for the next 5 years. Wouldn't that be worthwhile?

cheesner
07-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Hell ya.

It is still the vikes and they will choke.

SMACKTALKIE
07-23-2008, 08:11 PM

Childress has a few words on this topic, although not many. Winfield has alot to say. I think the "don't beleive everything you read" statement is telling. And very true.

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/

MANKATO — Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield isn’t afraid to offer an honest opinion and he did just that as he signed autographs for fans outside of Gage Center this evening. Asked about Packers quarterback Brett Favre playing for the Vikings, Winfield said: “I think it would be a great move for us, but I don’t know if Green Bay would trade him to a division rival.”

The Packers, in fact, have no interest in trading Favre within the NFC North and also have refused to grant him his release because they don’t want him signing with the Vikings — the team that apparently is his top choice. The Packers have filed a tampering charge against the Vikings for dealings with Favre. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported Tuesday that cell phone records showed discussions between Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and Favre as well Vikings coach Brad Childress and the quarterback.

Officials from the NFL were at Winter Park on Tuesday to question Vikings personnel on the matter. While many Vikings players have simply said that Tarvaris Jackson is their guy, Winfield admits the thought of adding Favre is tempting.

Winfield has played twice a season against Favre since joining the Vikings in 2004. “Favre is still a great player,” Winfield said. “That’s what you want to do in this league is add as many great players as you can. I think Tarvaris will do a great job for us if it doesn’t happen.”

Meanwhile, Childress was greeted by a group of reporters as he stepped out of his car. Asked about the Favre controversy, Childress said: “I’m not sure what controvery you’re talking about.” He later added that people should not “believe everything you read,” and that the situation is “an NFL matter.”

Rastak
07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Right, but this is a simple poll of what posters would do. Tampering has nothing to do with Bretsky's question.

SMACKTALKIE
07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Right, but this is a simple poll of what posters would do. Tampering has nothing to do with Bretsky's question.

True, true. I can't vote on this topic as the criteria dose not apply to me. However, as a Vikiings fan I would not like trading a first for Favre. Maybe a second.

Lurker64
07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
I would not want to trade Favre to Minnesota, even for a first.

I would accept the following trade: 2009 first, 2010 first, 2009 second, 2009 sixth, 2010 second, 2011 second, 2011 third, and 2012 first, and five players.

Throw in Favre, third round picks in 2009 and 2010, a fifth in 2009, and a tenth round pick in 2010 and I would make that trade.

SMACKTALKIE
07-23-2008, 08:26 PM

I would accept the following trade: 2009 first, 2010 first, 2009 second, 2009 sixth, 2010 second, 2011 second, 2011 third, and 2014 first, and five players.

Throw in Favre, third round picks in 2009 and 2010, a fifth in 2009, and a tenth round pick in 2010 and I would make that trade.

Could you break that down according to the trade value chart please. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
07-23-2008, 08:44 PM
That's not netting a first round pick....did they swap in the first round, or later rounds....by the way, you are also jacking the thread.... :lol:

Netting a first round pick wasn't my point. You said that the tampering charges wouldn't net the Packers anything. I was just pointing out that it could--if the Vikings are found guilty (by the commish) of tampering.

BTW, they swapped 3rd round picks.

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 08:47 PM

Bretsky doesn't like the softie threads; this should be a tough call

I'm a bit surprised though

It seems most of the forum is willing to wash their hands of Favre and go a relatively unproven QB with upside.

I find it interesting that over half would be against receiving a first round draft pick in a lopsided deal (for a 1st round pick) with our division rival for a guy we clearly don't want anymore

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 08:48 PM

Netting a first round pick wasn't my point. You said that the tampering charges wouldn't net the Packers anything. I was just pointing out that it could--if the Vikings are found guilty (by the commish) of tampering.

BTW, they swapped 3rd round picks.

What's your vote anyways ??

MadtownPacker
07-23-2008, 09:18 PM
It seems most of the forum is willing to wash their hands of Favre and go a relatively unproven QB with upside.

I find it interesting that over half would be against receiving a first round draft pick in a lopsided deal (for a 1st round pick) with our division rival for a guy we clearly don't want anymoreI agree and the situation is not going to go away no matter where Favre goes anyways. Fuck it TT, have big balls and do it.

I bet Goodell wishes he could force the Packers to release Favre so he could go to MN. The hype and ratings would be off the charts. At this point I want to see it happen because it is already a big mess so let's make it a big fucking mess.

HarveyWallbangers
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
I've already stated my thoughts several times. I'm cool if Favre wants to retire. I'm cool if Favre wants to come back to the Packers. I'm cool if Favre gets traded. The only thing I wouldn't be cool with is him getting trade to Minnesota or Chicago. Period. Doesn't matter the compensation.

MJZiggy
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
I've already stated my thoughts several times. I'm cool if Favre wants to retire. I'm cool if Favre wants to come back to the Packers. I'm cool if Favre gets traded. The only thing I wouldn't be cool with is him getting trade to Minnesota or Chicago. Period. Doesn't matter the compensation. :clap: :clap:

Chevelle2
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
I've already stated my thoughts several times. I'm cool if Favre wants to retire. I'm cool if Favre wants to come back to the Packers. I'm cool if Favre gets traded. The only thing I wouldn't be cool with is him getting trade to Minnesota or Chicago. Period. Doesn't matter the compensation.

Agree 100%.

3irty1
07-23-2008, 09:47 PM

I'm with you. A top 5 pick is tempting but I just couldn't let Favre wear purple. 8-)

Bretsky
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM

I can handle this...but for those trashing him and saying we don't want him anymore.. I'd think they'd favor a first.

Partial
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Not a chance. No WAY no how. Not for ANY draft pick. It makes Minny better, you CANNOT help with that.... Especially NOT this year.

RG, c'mon. A-rod is the answer! We're surely going to be just as good if not better by unloading the second best player at the most important position in the nfl for an unproven "rookie".

pbmax
07-23-2008, 10:06 PM
As they said in Head Office "Make the sale"...

if its a number one.

retailguy
07-23-2008, 10:07 PM

RG, c'mon. A-rod is the answer! We're surely going to be just as good if not better by unloading the second best player at the most important position in the nfl for an unproven "rookie".

I'm really torn on this one Partial. Really torn. Quite honestly, I'm tired of the Diva act. Considering ONLY that, I'm happy to move on. However, trading him to Minnesota is the WORST possible thing we could do with him.

I agree with all the opinions that Favre is better in 08 than Rodgers will likely be, but, the Diva shit has to end. Even if it affects 2008.

The thought of Favre playing anywhere else except Green Bay sickens me, but, looking forward to "will he, won't he" for the 8th year in a row does too, maybe even more than playing elsewhere.

But, the question was trade to Minnesota. NO. Tampa, hmm. Maybe. Coming back to Green Bay on a "one year" deal. NO. Two years? Maybe.

Rodgers? Good Lord, I've got no idea.

pbmax
07-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Even better! Sorry Ras.

pbmax
07-23-2008, 10:11 PM
The Bear's got to swap 3rd rounders with the 49ers, but you are right, the fourth was simply forfeited.

Because of the decision, the Bears and 49ers will switch third-round selections in the 2008 draft. As a result, Chicago now will have the seventh selection of the third round and San Francisco will have the 12th pick of the same round.

STOP is you :jack: er

Even if MN tampered I don't think they have to give their pick to us silly; TT just did this to bend over the Vikes and the Favre camp

Zool
07-23-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm really torn on this one Partial. Really torn. Quite honestly, I'm tired of the Diva act. Considering ONLY that, I'm happy to move on. However, trading him to Minnesota is the WORST possible thing we could do with him.

I agree with all the opinions that Favre is better in 08 than Rodgers will likely be, but, the Diva shit has to end. Even if it affects 2008.

The thought of Favre playing anywhere else except Green Bay sickens me, but, looking forward to "will he, won't he" for the 8th year in a row does too, maybe even more than playing elsewhere.

But, the question was trade to Minnesota. NO. Tampa, hmm. Maybe. Coming back to Green Bay on a "one year" deal. NO. Two years? Maybe.

Rodgers? Good Lord, I've got no idea.

Pretty much word for word my feelings on the situation. If Brett would have kept his mouth shut, came back for the Packer HOF ceremony and let it be known that he wanted to come back either to the Packers or another team, I would have no problem with any of it. Airing the laundry, so to speak, is what has soured me on him.

I don't care if Thompson raped Favres dog, I don't want to hear about it from his mom, his gardener or even Favre himself. Keep your shit in house. This media BS is whats getting to me and, I think, most other people.

Edit: Oh and I wouldn't trade him to MN or any other team thats on the schedule this year. I don't care the compensation. Contrary to some who find themselves humorous even though no one else does, Thompson is not an idiot and understands football and Favre's legacy. He's not doing this because he doesn't like Brett.

rbaloha1
07-23-2008, 10:20 PM
If the ViQueens provide the best deal please take it TT.

Why should we be scared of BF? BF will compile good stats but will throw an intecepation which causes the ViQueens to lose.

Also any draft picks acquired from the ViQueens weakens their future roster.

BallHawk
07-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Depends on how far away the 2nd best offer is, if any.

If TT has full confidence in this team than giving Favre to the Vikes shouldn't be that much of a deal.

pbmax
07-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Would you still take the first rounder from the Vikes even though you know T2 will turn it into two 2nds, and a 3rd? :D

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2008, 11:10 PM
I can't imagine MN offering a #1. I'm not sure they are that close to being a SB team. Maybe if they had some receivers for Favre to throw to the deal makes some sense.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Contrary to some who find themselves humorous even though no one else does, Thompson is not an idiot and understands football and Favre's legacy. He's not doing this because he doesn't like Brett.
How the hell do you know how TT feels???

I say the writing is on the wall and has been for some time. Favre is handling this shitty but I believe he is genuinely pissed off and I get the feeling it's not all in his head. Thompson doesnt give a fuck about his legacy or he would have begrudgingly taken him back. The smear campaign has been working both ways. Favre just sucks at it. Thompson is very slick and is not going to lose a PR mess to some rambling country hick.

Like I said, if TT thinks the Packers are better with Rodgers he should trade Favre wherever the offer is best. His avoiding the NFC North comes off as coddling and protective of his own legacy if you ask me.

The Shadow
07-24-2008, 12:29 AM
I think you've got to end this mess quickly by dealing Favre off, but not to an NFC rival. Then, the situation never goes away; it will be the talking head's topic for every year Favre hangs around.
Take the best AFC deal.

Bretsky
07-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Contrary to some who find themselves humorous even though no one else does, Thompson is not an idiot and understands football and Favre's legacy. He's not doing this because he doesn't like Brett.

I say the writing is on the wall and has been for some time. Favre is handling this shitty but I believe he is genuinely pissed off and I get the feeling it's not all in his head. Thompson doesnt give a fuck about his legacy or he would have begrudgingly taken him back. The smear campaign has been working both ways. Favre just sucks at it. Thompson is very slick and is not going to lose a PR mess to some rambling country hick.

Like I said, if TT thinks the Packers are better with Rodgers he should trade Favre wherever the offer is best. His avoiding the NFC North comes off as coddling and protective of his own legacy if you ask me.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

GBRulz
07-24-2008, 01:58 AM
No, Hell No and Eff No.

With Favre, chances are their first round pick would be a very late one. Not worth it, IMO.

Besides, I'm not sure what is more nauseating, Andy Reid in a speedo or Favre as a Queen.

GBRulz
07-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Why should we be scared of BF? BF will compile good stats but will throw an intecepation which causes the ViQueens to lose.

As long as he throws Harris's way, he'll be fine :twisted:

CaptainKickass
07-24-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm not sure what is more nauseating, Andy Reid in a speedo or Favre as a Queen.

Agreed - however - I unfortunately thought of something possibly more nauseating :idea: :

John Madden in a speedo.

:shock:

woodbuck27
07-24-2008, 03:44 AM

Like TT, she has no comment; let her create a timeline for a response :lol:

Actually, she will probably vote no

Whatever way and manner TT thinks pretty well describes MJ's personality and style. I'm thinking Eskimos and Igloo's or REALLY COLD Man Vs smart and with common sense, acting like a human with blood in veins.

and....TT 'of course' wouldn't really screw Favre would he? So he'd take that 1st for a joke. Same as you would MJ because that's good long term for the team.

mmmmm

Favre would be in Green Bay on Sept. 08 to see his number retired or maybe that plan will change. Anyway he pilots the Vikings to try to stay close to ARod and the Packers.

Right MJ? Everything is beautiful.

pack4to84
07-24-2008, 04:58 AM
I would make the trade for Min 1st rd pick. If the vikings get Brett it would take away carries from AP. Brett likes to be the show, so he might hog the spot light. With AP track record of not putting the ball on the ground and Brett turnover happiness. Might not be a bad thing for Packer fans. Brett wouldn't have as good WR's in Min. He would have a 1 trick pony in Berrian, gator arms R.Ferguson, but he could make S.Rice a star though.

cpk1994
07-24-2008, 06:56 AM

I can handle this...but for those trashing him and saying we don't want him anymore.. I'd think they'd favor a first.And you would be wrong again.

Zool
07-24-2008, 07:41 AM

Because he's essentially upper management and he's actually good at it. No one runs a business like that successfully. I think he's doing what he thinks is good for his company. He took his entire fucking locker and sent it to Favre. He made sure that his jersey retirement was going to be in front of a national audience against a big time rival. The guy is all business and that definitely rubs some people the wrong way.

Had Favre not jerked them around in March with the "I'm coming back.....just kidding" we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Brett would be the starting QB of the Packers and its about time that the guy gets some fire for his selfish off-season BS. If you're unsure about retirement you dont retire with the idea that you could come back whenever you want. You say you're coming back and then later on say you're retiring.

Fritz
07-24-2008, 09:09 AM

Because he's essentially upper management and he's actually good at it. No one runs a business like that successfully. I think he's doing what he thinks is good for his company. He took his entire fucking locker and sent it to Favre. He made sure that his jersey retirement was going to be in front of a national audience against a big time rival. The guy is all business and that definitely rubs some people the wrong way.

Had Favre not jerked them around in March with the "I'm coming back.....just kidding" we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Brett would be the starting QB of the Packers and its about time that the guy gets some fire for his selfish off-season BS. If you're unsure about retirement you dont retire with the idea that you could come back whenever you want. You say you're coming back and then later on say you're retiring.

Mad, one of the charges against Thompson is that he's not slick - people get pissed that he doesn't seem to give (Packer) rat's ass what fans think, that he's so robotic, and so on and so forth. I've yet to hear anyone call TT a slick PR dude.

Bossman641
07-24-2008, 09:13 AM

Agreed

Why does "avoiding the NFC North comes off as coddling and protective?" It is called doing what is smart. Vikings have a horrible QB, Favre would instantly upgrade their QB situation and make them one of the favorites in the NFC. Why would you want to do this?

I don't care how much you hate TT or bad you feel we need Favre, why would you want to help your biggest rival? It makes no sense.

GBRulz
07-24-2008, 09:17 AM
, why would you want to help your biggest rival? It makes no sense.

Exactly...plus, it's a sagging economy, it's important for fans to still be able to obtain $3 tickets :twisted:

texaspackerbacker
07-24-2008, 09:27 AM

I would accept the following trade: 2009 first, 2010 first, 2009 second, 2009 sixth, 2010 second, 2011 second, 2011 third, and 2012 first, and five players.

I think somebody went back and looked up the Herschel Walker deal.

texaspackerbacker
07-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Of course, the only vote that really counts here is Thompson's, and I bet he votes no.

I voted yes. A first round pick is a lot to pass up. I'd hate to see Favre play in Minnesota just for the stink of it, but I honestly think he would have a rotten year--without the talent--mainly receivers--the Packers had surrounding him, and the Vikings would end up really regretting the trade.

Pugger
07-24-2008, 09:50 AM
As much as I am sick of Brett and his antics of trying to stick it to TT I say no. Besides, the guy is still retired so until he files those damn reinstatemen papers he can sit on his tractor in MS. If Mr. Undecided does file those papers TT should trade his fanny to the Jets or Miami! :lol: I think this possiblity may the reason Favre is still retired!

The Leaper
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
I'd take a first round pick. It would mean that we got the services of Brett Favre for absolutely free for 16 years...we traded a first to get him, and would receive a first in return for him.

It won't happen though. The best we will get for him is a 2nd IMO.

Zool
07-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Well free + $100mil

Guiness
07-24-2008, 10:23 AM
[snip]so let's make it a big fucking mess.
Everybody wants to see a train wreck :lol:

My thoughts on this are 'NO' for two reasons.

The first reason is the same as a lot of the other no voters...I don't want to see him twice this year, and maybe twice again next (probably, the Vikes wouldn't take him w/o a 2yr commitment). Making that trade endangers our shot at winning the division, and you don't do that. So ditto for trading to any NFC North team, including the Lions.

The second is that I don't want a 1st round pick until the whole rookie salary cap is cleared up!!!! I think they do more to sink a team then help them. I count us lucky that Hawk isn't a bust and hurting our cap the way a high first rounder can. Anyways, I'd rather have a 2nd, 3rd and 4th than a first.

woodbuck27
07-24-2008, 11:27 AM

The way he's been used in Green Bay ...the damn manipulation that almost half of the people that love? the Packers are so duped by that they would refuse a first rounder for a fourth rounder. Just to restrict Favre ... the TT suck crowd here and throughout Packer land that WILL change dwindle fast.

I want Favre in a Viking Uniform and doing his best and whatever that means to 'the Packers' and to TT. He took the dirty job he pays the price.

TT shouldn't have it all his way. Any of you that agree with TT's ways are as guilty as he is of the direction our team will go in.

It won't be up!!! Not the way TT handled this one. All my sensable and YES! dedicated sympathy rests with a Packer Legend not some 'bean counter'.

prsnfoto
07-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Meanwhile, Childress was greeted by a group of reporters as he stepped out of his car. Asked about the Favre controversy, Childress said: “I’m not sure what controvery you’re talking about.” He later added that people should not “believe everything you read,” and that the situation is “an NFL matter.”

Could it be the glorious TT lied about the cell phone records? As much as I would like to see Brett go somewhere else and have success I would say no to the poll question who knows they might be the only 2 games we can win next year. :D

boiga
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
I want Favre in a Viking Uniform and doing his best and whatever that means to 'the Packers' and to TT. If he does, woodbuck, I'm sure Rastak could recommend a few good vikings boards for you.

After all, considering how strongly your feelings are against the Packers, you might as well follow Favre and start wearing purple. What's the point of sticking around being constantly furious at an institution you no longer support?

woodbuck27
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM

BANG ON Mad! :D

prsnfoto
07-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Well free + $100mil

He made the club 10 times that and probably will go down as one of the most profitable investments in sports history, not to mention what he has made the league in revenue, he is football's Jordan thats why the commish is pushing for this to be resolved $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Zool
07-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Well free + $100mil

He made the club 10 times that and probably will go down as one of the most profitable investments in sports history, not to mention what he has made the league in revenue, he is football's Jordan thats why the commish is pushing for this to be resolved $$$$$$$$$$$$.

He's not hurting.

woodbuck27
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
I want Favre in a Viking Uniform and doing his best and whatever that means to 'the Packers' and to TT. If he does, woodbuck, I'm sure Rastak could recommend a few good vikings boards for you.

After all, considering how strongly your feelings are against the Packers, you might as well follow Favre and start wearing purple. What's the point of sticking around being constantly furious at an institution you no longer support?

Listen get this whipper...

I will die a Green Bay Packer fan. I've got 50 years committed to the Green Bay Packers ...that means I've every right to absolutely HATE what this franchise has done in handling and orchestrating the mess that we all feel here and in Packer land. TT is a smooth operator, and sadly that's apparant and will be... not a feather in his cap as time follows.

I don't enjoy observing TT as our GM. I don't like how he's held us to where it will soon be obvious.I believe I will be right man. After last season anything less than a Super Bowl appearance in 2008 = FAILURE for Ted Thompson and OUR team.

That analysis is easy for me. That doesn't translate to woodbuck27 deserting the Green Bay Packers as fan. I'm very concerned. :(

Favre in 'a Vikings uniform' is a possible reality and unlikely.I want Favre to do well wherever but get free from all I've seen on the team I love.

I believe TT will fall on his face. I believe...karma is a bitch. The prediction in no way dictates where my heart is. So this is a fact...TRUTH. I will remain loyal to the Green Bay Packers, of course as I have for 50 years despite our imminant skid.

Ohhh by the way. :D ing.

Your insinuation of me and becoming a vikings fan is a demonstration of either your ignorance, or juvenile no skills to run harassment on me or a good joke? I find YOU hilarious. Good JOKE Man. It's a deja vous experience. I laugh at a lot of people here. :D

prsnfoto
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Well free + $100mil

He's not hurting.

Absolutely right, I am just saying the Packers made out like bandits on the deal, it is a business and we are seeing that more lately than ever, if it pans out great, if not TT's head should placed on a stick and hung above the entrance to Lambeau for all to see. :shock:

GoPackGo
07-24-2008, 12:13 PM
:repost:

GoPackGo
07-24-2008, 12:27 PM
IF YOU ARE THE GM

Do you make the deal ?

Hell no.
A first round pick is not a guarantee of anything. see Ahmad Carroll, Tony Manderich, etc.

I consider TT a good GM but if he can't coexist with a legendary QB diva he's an idiot.

boiga
07-24-2008, 12:49 PM
I will remain loyal to the Green Bay Packers, of course as I have for 50 years despite our imminant skid. Good to know, and my apologies if you think I mischaracterized your intentions.

Nevertheless, I don't understand the reason for a fan for any team to root for the other side just to prove that they are smarter than those running the organization. The Packers were here before Brett, and will last after he has gone, so why support his interests over those of the team?

The fact is that those interests are not reconcilable at this time. Brett was looking out for his own interests when he decided to unretire, asked to be released and stated that he would not be willing to take a supporting role or compete for the starting job with the Packers. The Packers were looking after their own interests when they decided that under those circumstances, they could not bring Favre back.

So, why as a Packers fan are you putting the interests of one player, no matter how great, over the interests of the team?

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 01:00 PM
I never said he wasnt good at it you ballscratcher. I backed TT since day 1 on JSO when I bet half the now NOW TT supporters where likely bashing him. Same with M3 (I busted out that name first on JSO to the best of my knowledge). The shit I bolded comes off to me as hurried attempts to seal the deal.

Packerarcher
07-24-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't ever want to see Favre play for anyone else. BUT if TT is going to fuck up and not let the best player be the starting QB. I would like to see Brett play somewhere that he has a good chance to win. If that is the hated Vikings so be it,it would be the only time in my life when I would not mind if the Vikes beat the Pack. It would actually be quite ironic if Brett was playing for the Vikings and thats the game that Rodgers went down in. Becuase make no mistake about it Rodgers will get injured this year.

Zool
07-24-2008, 01:04 PM
I never said he wasnt good at it you ballscratcher. I backed TT since day 1 on JSO when I bet half the now NOW TT supporters where likely bashing him. Same with M3 (I busted out that name first on JSO to the best of my knowledge). The shit I bolded comes off to me as hurried attempts to seal the deal.

I'm not buying it. Maybe he was pissed about the retire/unretire/retire/unretire but seems to me that he's way to level headed to run his company like that. He's not specifically trying to get fired.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Mad, one of the charges against Thompson is that he's not slick - people get pissed that he doesn't seem to give (Packer) rat's ass what fans think, that he's so robotic, and so on and so forth. I've yet to hear anyone call TT a slick PR dude.Dont be a fool. That stone faced dude you see on press conferences aint TT. Thompson is no joke and plays his shit tight to the vest. I meant slick when it comes to running things (what matters most), not pleasing redneck fans like Zool. TT has made every move like a chess game and he is about to say checkmate and close it out.

Zool
07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Dont be a fool. That stone faced dude you see on press conferences aint TT. Thompson is no joke and plays his shit tight to the vest. I meant slick when it comes to running things (what matters most), not pleasing redneck fans like Zool. TT has made every move like a chess game and he is about to say checkmate and close it out.

Wow...you've actually out-dumbed Devin Hester....grats

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Agreed

Why does "avoiding the NFC North comes off as coddling and protective?" It is called doing what is smart. Vikings have a horrible QB, Favre would instantly upgrade their QB situation and make them one of the favorites in the NFC. Why would you want to do this?

I don't care how much you hate TT or bad you feel we need Favre, why would you want to help your biggest rival? It makes no sense.What I mean is if he is 100% confident in the team he has now then why be scared to face him in purple?.

Yoda said it best when he told the Emperor - "If so powerful you are why leave".

TT could send Favre to fucking Alaska but even then if he throwing TDs to penguins the moment ARod throws a pick in GB it will be compared. There is no escaping it unless Favre stays retired. With the in mind I say take the best yo can get.

The Leaper
07-24-2008, 01:13 PM
What I mean is if he is 100% confident in the team he has now then why be scared to face him in purple?

Exactly. If this is "the best move for the Packers", then Thompson really shouldn't care where Favre goes.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Dont be a fool. That stone faced dude you see on press conferences aint TT. Thompson is no joke and plays his shit tight to the vest. I meant slick when it comes to running things (what matters most), not pleasing redneck fans like Zool. TT has made every move like a chess game and he is about to say checkmate and close it out.

Wow...you've actually out-dumbed Devin Hester....gratsWow you actually out dumbed Tank. Maybe you should retire your lame comeback.

Packerarcher
07-24-2008, 01:32 PM
If Exucutive fuck up of the year TT is so confident of his team with out a Brett Favre at the helm. Why doesn't he trade Favre to the Vikings or any othe division rival. Say what you want about this not being personall for TT,but things like this just show that it is. Also his statement at the shareholders meeting about being committed to winning NOW,what a FUCKING LIE. The man can not open his mouth with out bullshit spewing out.

Zool
07-24-2008, 01:36 PM

Wow...you've actually out-dumbed Devin Hester....gratsWow you actually out dumbed Tank. Maybe you should retire your lame comeback.

You mimic'd my comeback and then bagged on it....ironic.

Bossman641
07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Agreed

I don't care how much you hate TT or bad you feel we need Favre, why would you want to help your biggest rival? It makes no sense.What I mean is if he is 100% confident in the team he has now then why be scared to face him in purple?.

Yoda said it best when he told the Emperor - "If so powerful you are why leave".

TT could send Favre to fucking Alaska but even then if he throwing TDs to penguins the moment ARod throws a pick in GB it will be compared. There is no escaping it unless Favre stays retired. With the in mind I say take the best yo can get.

TT is 100% confident in his team against the NFL as they are currently set. Why would TT want to make a move to strengthen one of his rival's biggest needs? Better question, why do so many fans want to see our rival's biggest weakness turned into a strength? It makes absolutely no sense.

I don't want to see Favre in MIN for a few reasons - it would help their team and would put a big damper on the Favre era for me. Why would you ever want this to happen? I cannot figure this out. Because Favre somehow "earned" it? How? I cannot believe the number of Packer fans I have seen who hope that Favre ends up on the Vikings, whether it be to stick it to TT or because they want to see him win.

I have no problem with Favre wanting to play again elsewhere. TT could send him to anywhere but CHI or MIN and I would have no problem with it. I just don't get the whole "I hope Favre ends up on the Vikings" thing.

swede
07-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I just don't get the whole "I hope Favre ends up on the Vikings" thing.

I think it's more of a "I'd be happy to take away a nice pick from Minnesota and still beat them twice" glass is half-full thing.

Minnesota has a lot of talent but I don't think they have the right coach to get very far--even with a really good qb.

I'm with you in that I'd prefer that Favre would not play for division rivals, but I feel that way only because I don't want to have to deal with stoopid talk from blue and purple fans.

cpk1994
07-24-2008, 03:36 PM

Could it be the glorious TT lied about the cell phone records? As much as I would like to see Brett go somewhere else and have success I would say no to the poll question who knows they might be the only 2 games we can win next year. :DSoi becuase the might Brad Childerss claims it didn't happen, that is the honest to god truth. Childress woulod never admit he tampered. To make that inference is comically stupid.

Bossman641
07-24-2008, 03:42 PM
I just don't get the whole "I hope Favre ends up on the Vikings" thing.

I think it's more of a "I'd be happy to take away a nice pick from Minnesota and still beat them twice" glass is half-full thing.

Minnesota has a lot of talent but I don't think they have the right coach to get very far--even with a really good qb.

I'm with you in that I'd prefer that Favre would not play for division rivals, but I feel that way only because I don't want to have to deal with stoopid talk from blue and purple fans.

I disagree. I can't believe the number of people who were saying earlier that we should just release Favre if we didn't want him and leave him free to sign with whoever he wanted. No discussion of picks, just "Brett has earned this. Let him have a chance to win again" or "I hope he signs with the Vikings, then TT will be sorry."

Lurker64
07-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Exactly. If this is "the best move for the Packers", then Thompson really shouldn't care where Favre goes.

The Packers have several different facets and what might be best for one might not be best for another. Even if trading Favre to Minnesota for a first round pick is the best thing for the Packers in terms of "winning games as a football organization" it might not be the best move for the Packers in terms of "increasing or maintaining revenue streams."

While Thompson is primarily concerned with winning football games, his bosses assuredly are very interested in the state of revenue streams.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:25 PM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

Some real genius analysis here.

TT makes moves to protect the competitive advantage of Green Bay, and this is him being "protective of his own legacy."

does it get any dumber?

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Shut your mouth you flaming homo, you're probably TT's bitch.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Hell no, I want to see McCarthy & Thompson run out of town. All they care about is the Packers winning to protect their legacy.

arcilite
07-24-2008, 11:33 PM

how old are you, 12?

have your balls even dropped yet?

Anyways,

We need to keep Favre out of the NFC north at all costs

Zool
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Mad's a chick. Thats the big secret. He has no balls.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Dont trying to hide the truth that you like getting poked more then the Pillsbury Doughboy. Shit probably cost your parents a grip in shrink bills.

GrnBay007
07-24-2008, 11:35 PM
TT makes moves to protect the competitive advantage of Green Bay

So, is he doubting the team HE put together by any chance?

arcilite
07-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Dont trying to hide the truth that you like getting poked more then the Pillsbury Doughboy. Shit probably cost your parents a grip in shrink bills.

wut

speak english.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:36 PM

how old are you, 12?

Im 16 and you got a lot of nerve to talk with an RKelly avatar.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
speak english.

I guess you're new around here. Mad owns the joint, so everybody just smiles and pretends they know what he's talking about.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:38 PM

wut

speak english.What?? Learn to talk something besides redneck.

Let me put it so you can understand. Harlan want TT to treat him like you would treat your female cousins. :lol:

Zool
07-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Arc its all (well mostly) in good fun. HH really is a pillow biter though.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:39 PM
TT makes moves to protect the competitive advantage of Green Bay

So, is he doubting the team HE put together by any chance?

you're speaking in tongues now too. I don't follow your logic.

arcilite
07-24-2008, 11:39 PM

how old are you, 12?

Im 16 and you got a lot of nerve to talk with an RKelly avatar.

ahem.....its DMX.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:41 PM
ahem.....its DMX.They all look alike.

(Yes I said that)

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:42 PM

wut

speak english.BTW - This was for Harlan not you.

arcilite
07-24-2008, 11:44 PM

wut

I dont care who it was for

'a grip in shrink bills'

im still trying to decipher that

Zool
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM

wut

'a grip in shrink bills'

Let me help you out.

A grip is a lot, or like a handful of money. A shrink is a psychiatrist. So basically your parents had to spend a lot of money for psychotherapy.

arcilite
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM

wut

'a grip in shrink bills'

Let me help you out.

A grip is a lot, or like a handful of money. A shrink is a psychiatrist. So basically your parents had to spend a lot of money for psychotherapy.

thanks.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:49 PM

'a grip in shrink bills'

im still trying to decipher thatIt cost his parents a ton of money in psychiatrist bills.

The Shadow
07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
A 'grip' is a suitcase, So : a suitcase full of money.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
A 'grip' is a suitcase, So : a suitcase full of money.Damn, if Grampa Simpson here knows what it means Arcilite must live wayyyy out in dem hills.

Freak Out
07-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Man...you motherfuckers be fluent in jive.

Zool
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-xHPU6NulM

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 12:57 AM
I will remain loyal to the Green Bay Packers, of course as I have for 50 years despite our imminant skid. Good to know, and my apologies if you think I mischaracterized your intentions.

Nevertheless, I don't understand the reason for a fan for any team to root for the other side just to prove that they are smarter than those running the organization. The Packers were here before Brett, and will last after he has gone, so why support his interests over those of the team?

The fact is that those interests are not reconcilable at this time. Brett was looking out for his own interests when he decided to unretire, asked to be released and stated that he would not be willing to take a supporting role or compete for the starting job with the Packers. The Packers were looking after their own interests when they decided that under those circumstances, they could not bring Favre back.

So, why as a Packers fan are you putting the interests of one player, no matter how great, over the interests of the team?

Good grapes! Favre wants to play in the NFL and the Packers don't want him.

I will always wish Favre well as he was the face of this team for over a decade, and the face of the NFL and it's most popular player for a long time.

How could I not pull for Brett Favre and feel sad the way he was treated after a sensational season last year. The Packer management got rid of Favre finally, but given last season and us so close it makes no sense.

Anything less this year than a SB appearance should be considered a management failure on our team. What was the panic?

Favre and one more season should have been automatic. Just allow him time to really feel ready and... as if he wouldn't get there.

That's still Brett Favre.

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Yes, I'd make the deal in a second if it's our best offer
51% [ 28 ]
No way would I trade him to Minnesota even if it's hands down the best offer
48% [ 26 ]

Total Votes : 54

Well on the surface, this Forum has 26 + posters that still respect ot fear Favre. GOOD!

The Shadow
07-25-2008, 01:06 AM

I will always wish Favre well as he was the face of this team for over a decade, and the face of the NFL and it's most popular player for a long time.

How could I not pull for Brett Favre and feel sad the way he was treated after a sensational season last year. The Packer management got rid of Favre finally, but given last season and us so close it makes no sense.

Anything less this year than a SB appearance should be considered a management failure on our team. What was the panic?

Favre and one more season should have been automatic. Just allow him time to really feel ready and... as if he wouldn't get there.

'Management' provided that very opportunity LAST season - but a bonehead pass flushed it all away. That problem is now being corrected.

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 01:14 AM

'Management' provided that very opportunity LAST season - but a bonehead pass flushed it all away. That problem is now being corrected.

That play call allowed no room for error unless Favre tossed it to the sideline. Yes it should have become a busted play and Favre toss's it out but that route sucked. No room for error.

Who made that call?

Freak Out
07-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I wonder if the Vikes would take Favre and Grant straight up for AP? :lol:

Rastak
07-28-2008, 07:30 PM

Ummmmm......no.

I do like Grant though.

Freak Out
07-28-2008, 07:32 PM