PDA

View Full Version : Sort of Inside Info

Chevelle2
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
I was talking to Bodiford on Facebook. He said a trade of Favre may be tough, because TT is asking for a #1 and #2. He also said its probably either to MN or Tampa.

If TT gets a #1 and #2 for a retired player...uhhh WOW!

pbmax
07-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Is Bodiford interning in the Packer front office? :lol:

Chevelle2
07-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Is Bodiford interning in the Packer front office? :lol:

Hahaha...just passin along what I heard....he is awesome to talk to...hilarious dude.

MJZiggy
07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
How come I never find people like that on Facebook?

Chevelle2
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc7/Edgehead89/hansen.jpg

Partial
07-23-2008, 10:22 PM

facebook me zig I'm a star.

HarveyWallbangers
07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Like Shaun Bodiford would have a clue what Ted Thompson is asking for in a Favre trade. It probably wasn't even the Packers Shaun Bodiford on Facebook.
:D

Chevelle2
07-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Like Shaun Bodiford would have a clue what Ted Thompson is asking for in a Favre trade. It probably wasn't even the Packers Shaun Bodiford on Facebook.

Naw, that it definitely was. A lot of personal pictures, and he was telling me about his back surgery. He's gonna be on PUP or IR this year.

Lurker64
07-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Like Shaun Bodiford would have a clue what Ted Thompson is asking for in a Favre trade.

Well, employees frequently are convinced they know what the boss is thinking but they rarely actually know what the boss is thinking. I believe that Bodiford thinks he knows what Thompson is thinking, but I doubt he knows what Thopmson is actually thinking.

HarveyWallbangers
07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Well, employees frequently are convinced they know what the boss is thinking but they rarely actually know what the boss is thinking. I believe that Bodiford thinks he knows what Thompson is thinking, but I doubt he knows what Thopmson is actually thinking.

I like that.

Cleft Crusty
07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Like Shaun Bodiford would have a clue what Ted Thompson is asking for in a Favre trade.

I think you're right.

pbmax
07-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Cleft, what can I find at your MySpace profile?

Harlan Huckleby
07-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Torrance Marshall sent me a note at Friendster, he seems to think that Thompson is prepared to take as little as a third rounder to an AFC team.

Guiness
07-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Torrance Marshall sent me a note at Friendster, he seems to think that Thompson is prepared to take as little as a third rounder to an AFC team.

jackass :P

ND72
07-24-2008, 08:40 AM

Naw, that it definitely was. A lot of personal pictures, and he was telling me about his back surgery. He's gonna be on PUP or IR this year.

Guy was arrested in Florida last year for stealing pictures and posting himself as David Garrard on facebook. If you look up Prince Fielder, there was at one time 5 of them.

Fritz
07-24-2008, 08:46 AM

He hopes. If your borderline #6 receiver/returner whose been in the league for like three years now has had that kind of surgery, he's much more likely to get an injury settlement. His NFL career will soon be over.

KYPack
07-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Agreed.

Anybody spending a lot of time on a facebook type site ain't a professional athlete.

You'd think the guy would pick a bigger name to impersonate, but maybe a second teamer would draw less heat.

Fritz
07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Think of the possibilities for us, KY - I'll be Travis Jervey, you be Bill Schroeder. Patler can be Anthony Dilweg. Harlan can be Eugene Robinson. ND72 can be Carlyle Holliday.

cpk1994
07-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Cleft, what can I find at your MySpace profile?Probably a 6-pack of Colt 45 and a tin of Skoal.

GBRulz
07-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Agreed.

Anybody spending a lot of time on a facebook type site ain't a professional athlete.

You'd think the guy would pick a bigger name to impersonate, but maybe a second teamer would draw less heat.

I can speak for MySpace in that a few players have true pages (identities) on there. I'm not sure about who is real on Facebook though. I don't use it enough and from what I've seen of it, it's mostly high school and college kids who are on there.

But geez, if you are going to impersonate someone, why Shaun Bodiford?? :lol:

ND72
07-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Agreed.

I can speak for MySpace in that a few players have true pages (identities) on there. I'm not sure about who is real on Facebook though. I don't use it enough and from what I've seen of it, it's mostly high school and college kids who are on there.

I dont' mean to make fun of, because there are players on facebook. Jordy Nelson even referred to it in an interview that he keeps up with some of his buddies via facebook. It's just really easy to make fake profiles on myspace or facebook. But there are athletes on there...For instance I am friends with Jeremy White (Reggie's son) on facebook. And by the way, if anyone has facebook, don't add him please, it was his first request he had to me. I read his book, looked him up on facebook because I knew what college he went to, and wrote him a message telling him how much I enjoyed his book, and he added me as a friend.

Chevelle2
07-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Ok it IS Bodiford. He has pictures with a buddy of mine on there.

mission
07-24-2008, 11:57 AM
i was talkin to blackmon on myspace.. he likes me beats 8-)

Chevelle2
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Agreed.

I dont' mean to make fun of, because there are players on facebook. Jordy Nelson even referred to it in an interview that he keeps up with some of his buddies via facebook. It's just really easy to make fake profiles on myspace or facebook. But there are athletes on there...For instance I am friends with Jeremy White (Reggie's son) on facebook. And by the way, if anyone has facebook, don't add him please, it was his first request he had to me. I read his book, looked him up on facebook because I knew what college he went to, and wrote him a message telling him how much I enjoyed his book, and he added me as a friend.

I cant find jordy! :evil:

Zool
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Funny. I talk to Charlie Bell sometimes on MySpace.

SkinBasket
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
If your borderline #6 receiver/returner whose been in the league for like three years now has had that kind of surgery, he's much more likely to get an injury settlement. His NFL career will soon be over.

But his facebook career is just starting!! If he applies himself hard enough, maybe one day he can be a star too!

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 12:53 PM
i was talkin to blackmon on myspace.. he likes me beats 8-)Barnett aka "Nick Beats" said his are better.

KYPack
07-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Think of the possibilities for us, KY - I'll be Travis Jervey, you be Bill Schroeder. Patler can be Anthony Dilweg. Harlan can be Eugene Robinson. ND72 can be Carlyle Holliday.

I wanna be Jervey.

I got a game worn of Travis's.

Maybe it was Bodiford, I don't give a rat's (HA!) ass.

DannoMac21
07-24-2008, 04:15 PM

Just like the people who think they know what Shaun Bodiford is thinking...

Iron Mike
07-24-2008, 04:28 PM

If you made 1,000 more posts today, you'd be "Leet." 8-)

Partial
07-24-2008, 05:09 PM

served

Tyrone Bigguns
07-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Facebook and myspace should never be used to talk with guys. Fags!

Pleae use them as they are intended...to lure underage girls to your crib. :twisted:

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM

Who you calling a jackass? Turns out TM and me are tight. Now who's the jackass, jackass?

After TM left Green Bay and Packer fans had long forgot about him, I encouraged TM to pursue a career in the Arena Football League. He played running back, ran for a record 17 touchdowns for the Tampa Bay Storm. No lie.

GrnBay007
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM

True many times the employee feels they know what the boss is thinking. But I'll bet my last dollar the employee knows more than the posters here.

What I find comical in this statement is that all the people here that are trashing Favre now THINK they know the complete story in this whole mess. No way! It's no different than a divorce, there are two sides to the story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I'm embarrassed to see so many Packer fans trashing Favre the way they are. IMO to take one side over the other so adamantly in this mess is just completely foolish.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
people here that are trashing Favre now THINK they know the complete story in this whole mess. No way! It's no different than a divorce, there are two sides to the story and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

you are grasping at straws. The truth is not always down the middle - you had no problem taking sides against Jevon Walker, now did you.

Ironic that both Favre and Walker were demanding that the PAckers tear-up a contract.

BallHawk
07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Facebook and myspace should never be used to talk with guys. Fags!

Pleae use them as they are intended...to lure underage girls to your crib. :twisted:

http://www.ljplus.ru/img/l/o/lorellin/pedobear_seal.gif

GrnBay007
07-25-2008, 12:02 AM
you are grasping at straws. The truth is not always down the middle - you had no problem taking sides against Jevon Walker, now did you.

Ironic that both Favre and Walker were demanding that the PAckers tear-up a contract.

I'm not grasping at straws, I'm just not a person that believes all the BS they read or hear. And yes, the truth is somewhere down the middle.

What's up with you doggin me about the Javon deal? I already answered you once. The Walker deal was about money. I don't see any comparison with his deal and Brett's. Brett came back and said he wanted to play. If the Packers don't want him, let him go do his thing for someone else. Why does everyone feel so threatened by that?

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 12:06 AM
The Walker deal was about money. I don't see any comparison with his deal and Brett's. Brett came back and said he wanted to play.

Brett demanded to START. That's the coach's decision, not his.

Both Walker and Favre were demanding that the team tear up their contracts. Although their complaints were different, it is essentially the same story, they wanted to become free agents before they have earned that right.

Funny that Favre publically lectured Walker about honoring contracts.

Favre has made a complete ass of himself.

GrnBay007
07-25-2008, 12:13 AM

That's your opinion.

Maybe down the road some of the Favre bashers will find they made a complete ass of themselves also. Time will tell.

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 12:13 AM
i know you are but what am i?

Zool
07-25-2008, 12:14 AM

That's your opinion.

Maybe down the road some of the Favre bashers will find they made a complete ass of themselves also. Time will tell.

Are there really that many Favre bashers on? Or is it mainly people who are sick of the shenanigans every off season?

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 12:26 AM

Who you calling a jackass? Turns out TM and me are tight. Now who's the jackass, jackass?

After TM left Green Bay and Packer fans had long forgot about him, I encouraged TM to pursue a career in the Arena Football League. He played running back, ran for a record 17 touchdowns for the Tampa Bay Storm. No lie.

Maybe he was out of position with us?

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 12:28 AM
hah. actually he played both ways in Arena football - linebacker and fullback. And he really did score a lot of touchdowns, he must have been a real moose out there.

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 12:33 AM

That's your opinion.

Are there really that many Favre bashers on? Or is it mainly people who are sick of the shenanigans every off season?

That's OK M.

I balance any pick of three (3) male Favre bashers. Their the posters that move real slow - walk funny. Their G-Strings chaffing their ass cheeks.

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 12:34 AM
hah. actually he played both ways in Arena football - linebacker and fullback. And he really did score a lot of touchdowns, he must have been a real moose out there.

He had a better depth of field Harlan.

GrnBay007
07-25-2008, 01:14 AM

That's your opinion.

Appears to be Favre bashers these days.

As far as the "shenanigans" every off season I guess I'd just have to say I can pretty much guarantee nobody on any of these Packer forums will ever reach the fame and success this man has. How does anyone know how they would react or behave when it came time to consider retirement? It has to be an incredibly hard decision when football is what you lived your entire life. I guess I just always go back to the old saying......until you walk in someone else's shoes.......
Did his indecision the last few years really hurt anyone or just annoy them? Is being annoyed enough to disrespect a HOF QB that turned GB around?

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 01:19 AM

That's your opinion.

As far as the "shenanigans" every off season I guess I'd just have to say I can pretty much guarantee nobody on any of these Packer forums will ever reach the fame and success this man has. How does anyone know how they would react or behave when it came time to consider retirement? It has to be an incredibly hard decision when football is what you lived your entire life. I guess I just always go back to the old saying......until you walk in someone else's shoes.......
Did his indecision the last few years really hurt anyone or just annoy them? Is being annoyed enough to disrespect a HOF QB that turned GB around?

It takes a real woman to demonstrate some style and the proper perspective. Nice post. :)

Chevelle2
07-25-2008, 04:52 PM
I was talking to Bodiford on Facebook. He said a trade of Favre may be tough, because TT is asking for a #1 and #2. He also said its probably either to MN or Tampa.

If TT gets a #1 and #2 for a retired player...uhhh WOW!

SC just said TT wants a #1

The Shadow
07-25-2008, 04:57 PM

That's your opinion.

The ability to exhibit grace under pressure is accessible to every human being. There can be different circumstances, but we all have that choice.

gex
07-25-2008, 05:04 PM
shadow wrote:

The ability to exhibit grace under pressure is accessible to every human being. There can be different circumstances, but we all have that choice.

He has demonstrated that ability a hundred times over! Try to remember you senile old fuck.

The Shadow
07-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Playing a game (for millions of dollars - and being hero-worshipped for it) is NOT the kind of pressure we are talking about here.
'Character' pressure is a bit different.
Put down the jock.

cpk1994
07-25-2008, 05:09 PM

That's your opinion.

Did his indecision the last few years really hurt anyone or just annoy them? Is being annoyed enough to disrespect a HOF QB that turned GB around?Yes it is. I don't buy for one second that we have to kiss Favrre's ass becaue he "turned this franchise around" or becuase "I haven't walked in his shoes". Bullshit. Tired at that. Favre is a whiiny petulant prima donna 4 year old child who is throwing a tantrum becuase the Packers won't let him have his way. I cannot wait for that POS to be gone. I have had enough.

pbmax
07-25-2008, 05:10 PM
You may not have had many examples of people retiring from such a high profile position on this board 007. However, you have been witness to thousands of other professional sports figures leaving their profession. Some because they choose to, some because they had to.

How many have dragged it on this long. Six years, since 2003 and has been talking about it publicly since 2001? Boxers are the only group I can think of that come back to this issue time and time again. Very few team sports have this kind of drama.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-25-2008, 05:15 PM
You may not have had many examples of people retiring from such a high profile position on this board 007. However, you have been witness to thousands of other professional sports figures leaving their profession. Some because they choose to, some because they had to.

How many have dragged it on this long. Six years, since 2003 and has been talking about it publicly since 2001? Boxers are the only group I can think of that come back to this issue time and time again. Very few team sports have this kind of drama.

Reasonable, thoughtful analysis.

Counter with: But, it is FAVRE!!!!! :roll:

gex
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
fuck that. It was the media stirring that shit up for years. besides if he had to deal with fans like you and kpc no wonder he had a hard decision to make.

BTW Grant better be made backup running back when he signs cause the teams moved on and he wasn't there right? no fucking double standards.

Oh yea Favre was the most valuable player on our team last year according to his peers and coachs not know-nothing dumbshits like you.

mmmdk
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Good grief, no grace at all; this is a circus and the season is rapidly becoming a wash. Bank on it.

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Good grief, no grace at all; this is a circus and the season is rapidly becoming a wash. Bank on it.

are you reacting to reports that Favre will show up to camp?

the rumors are coming in at a rate of one an hour, so I wouldn't take anything too seriously.

But the season is not becoming a wash, NO WAY. The team probably doesn't care that much about this drama, they accept that Rodgers is almost certainly the QB. Its just the fans that are in a frenzy.

pbmax
07-25-2008, 05:28 PM
The media didn't bring it up each year, he brought it up out of the blue to Michael Silver in 2001 and then went at it again two years later with Peter King.

And the media doesn't possess supernatural powers. He could at any time simply and politely declined to answer. But answer he did. It was drawn out and public.

And the only purpose of making it public was to put pressure on the team to come to him on his terms. Sherman did that, Thompson did not. Giving interviews to Al Jones and leaking info to Mortensen and King is not the media's play; it was Favre's.

fuck that. It was the media stirring that shit up for years. besides if he had to deal with fans like you and kpc no wonder he had a hard decision to make.

BTW Grant better be made backup running back when he signs cause the teams moved on and he wasn't there right? no fucking double standards.

Oh yea Favre was the most valuable player on our team last year according to his peers and coachs not know-nothing dumbshits like you.

Gunakor
07-25-2008, 05:48 PM

I was with you in believing that his "will he, wont he" reputation over the last couple of seasons was media created, but then he portrayed himself as a "will he, wont he" guy on TV all offseason. Now I'm not so sure that it was all media created.

No double standards in signing Grant to be the starter. Grant did not retire at the end of the season like Favre did, forcing the team in a different direction. At no point did the team replace him on the depth chart. Favre did retire, the team did move in a different direction, and he has been replaced on the depth chart. The Grant and Favre situations are not comparable.

Guiness
07-25-2008, 06:59 PM
I had clean forgotten about Bodiford - what are his chances of making the roster this fall???

Jones was upset about Nelson being drafted? How do you think Bodiford felt? R. Martin is there, and they also drafted Swain! He's got to be feeling the heat!