PDA

View Full Version : Just When You Thought Bear Players Could Not Be Any Dumber

The Shadow
07-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Read Devin Hester's position, comparing himself to 'your special girlfriend'.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-2-105/Bears-stunned-by-Hester-holdout.html

NewsBruin
07-24-2008, 02:48 AM
I've never thought that.

the_idle_threat
07-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Hester's a small guy ... he's probably somebody's "special girlfriend" in the Bears' locker room.

SkinBasket
07-24-2008, 07:08 AM
I bet he'll be real special in he locker room. Wanted to be treated like a special girlfriend and talking about paying other guys less to pay him more. What a guy.

Tarlam!
07-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Thanksgiving at his Mom's house should be frosty this year if he skimps out on her birthday present. Especially if his girlfriend is wearing, say, diamond earings.

Zool
07-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Just when you think football players can't say anything more stupid....thank you Devin.

CaptainKickass
07-24-2008, 10:24 AM
You should pay me like I'm one of a kind. It's like dating a girl. When you find somebody that is real special, you're going to do whatever it takes to keep her. You might cut back on what you're giving your mom to give her. And that's how I feel they should treat me.

How the f**K can this guy be acting the Diva and feel justified?

Someone, quick, edit in Devin Hester in place of Grossman in that pic with KGB "mounting" him on the field.

:?:

mission
07-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Devin must be listening to TI's new song: Whatever You Like ...

it aint trickin if you got it devin... it aint trickin...

Zool
07-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Return of the return man: Hester reports to Bears camp

Associated Press

BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- Chicago Bears kick return star Devin Hester is back in training camp, but there's no word on whether he's signed a new contract.

Bears spokesman Scott Hagel confirmed Hester is in camp, but said he doesn't know if the two-time Pro-Bowler will practice or if he's signed a contract.

Hester, who also played wide receiver last season, has two years remaining on his initial deal. He was the Bears' second-round draft pick in 2006.

The Bears have given new deals this offseason to Lance Briggs, Tommie Harris, Brian Urlacher, Desmond Clark and Alex Brown. And on Wednesday they signed this year's first-round pick, tackle Chris Williams of Vanderbilt, to a five-year deal worth $16 million.

As recently as yesterday, Hester had been quoted in published reports saying that he deserved to be rewarded for his first two seasons and wouldn't rule out sitting out the season.

boiga
07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Too bad Hester caved. I'm going out to dinner with Bears fan friend of mine and Hester's idiocy would have made a welcome distraction from Favre's prima donna act.

MJZiggy
07-25-2008, 10:37 PM
You still have the basic idiocy angle working for you, boiga. Just because he signed doesn't make his bulb shine any brighter...Besides, while we may have Rodgers who is largely unproven, they have Grossman who's proven to suck.

FritzDontBlitz
07-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Why shouldn't Hester hold out for more money? He was the only offense they had last season.

That not paying your mom analogy is funny as hell though.

boiga
07-27-2008, 12:17 PM
It's a shame but it seems that they paid the man.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/27/bears-announce-hester-extension/

Too bad, I was hoping Hester would hold out, waffle on retiring, or make another mamma analogy before this was swept under the rug. Any distraction from the Favre mess is a good one.