PDA

View Full Version : #4 Retirement Ceremony on Hold

DonHutson
07-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Pro Football Talk reports that the opening night Brett Favre number retirement ceremony has been postponed indefinitely. PFT says this comes from the mouth of Mark Murphy at the shareholder meeting.

Not a big surprise, but expect another round of grousing from those that bought tickets to the game.

In other news, the International House of Pancakes' plan to name a waffle in honor of Brett Favre is going full speed ahead.

:wink:

cpk1994
07-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Pro Football Talk reports that the opening night Brett Favre number retirement ceremony has been postponed indefinitely. PFT says this comes from the mouth of Mark Murphy at the shareholder meeting.

Not a big surprise, but expect another round of grousing from those that bought tickets to the game.

In other news, the International House of Pancakes' plan to name a waffle in honor of Brett Favre is going full speed ahead.

:wink:and the Waffle House chian is building a new store in Kiln, MS. with Favre expected to be inattendance, or maybe not, for the grand opening.

packers11
07-24-2008, 03:43 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/favre_renovations.jpg

LL2
07-24-2008, 05:33 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/favre_renovations.jpg

That is a good one...Favre would make a good endorser for the Waffle House!

AV David
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Putting it off seems like the best thing to do. At this point, with all the hostility, I don't think #4 would show up. Also, he might be playing for some one else by then.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Based one different articles it doesn't sound like TT and McCarthy showed their faces when Favre was given the team MVP this past weekend. Wouldn't the coach have been there next to a player that helped get him to the NFCC? Was Ted too busy polishing his Exec of the Year trophy? Im just wondering because Favre showed up and spoke. I didn't hear anything from TT or M3. I would expect him to show up for the ceremony if he doesnt play.

MJZiggy
07-24-2008, 09:11 PM
It was reported that TT was there. Apparently no one cares if M3 was there or not. (in the media that is)

Packerarcher
07-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Why not put it off the Packers are disrespecting the man that made the modern day Packers America's team. Probably one more thing that fuck head TT planned.

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 09:16 PM
It was reported that TT was there. Apparently no one cares if M3 was there or not. (in the media that is)I didnt word that right you nitpicking broad. I know they where there but it sounded like they made themselves invisible so I have to wonder if Favre shook hands or said hi to either. You would think that would happen at least.

MJZiggy
07-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh. you mean you expected them to act like journalists and actually tell us what HAPPENED...Gotcha.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:43 PM

Fuck 'um.

Have a retirement ceremony for Rob Davis. So the headliner canceled - it happens.