PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Grant not reporting to training camp without new deal..

DannoMac21
07-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Just reported on SportsCenter.

arcilite
07-24-2008, 04:33 PM
old news.

we all know this.

he does not have a contract, so i wouldnt be working either.

Chubbyhubby
07-24-2008, 06:26 PM
This could mean that if Brandon Jackson has a great camp he might just replace him. Whom ever is the RB on this team he is going to have a big year in yards because this team is more of a running team now with Brett Favre gone.

GoPackGo
07-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure what the holdup in signing Grant is....Could it be that TT and Coach have some doubts about his ability?

boiga
07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Whom ever is the RB on this team he is going to have a big year in yards because this team is more of a running team now with Brett Favre gone.I don't really follow that. With our set of receivers, is is almost guaranteed that we will continue the spread, shotgun passing attack. Also, with Favre gone, our passing game will get a lot less respect. So, opposing teams will be more likely to guard against the run and make Rodgers beat them. While I'm hopeful, I really doubt Grant will have as much success per game as he did last year.

I'm not sure what the holdup in signing Grant is....Could it be that TT and Coach have some doubts about his ability?There's no doubting his talent, it's just that he has no where else to go. We have grant under contract for the next two years, so deciding how much money to give away becomes difficult. The starting points between the two sides was likely gigantic.

Still, I'm confident they'll do right by him and that he will sign before camp starts. He needs to. He was great with hand offs but really needs to work on receiving out of the back field in TC. Remember that bobbled passes leading to an ugly fumble against Seattle?

mmmdk
07-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Grant is not in the best position; Packers are playing hardball these days.

arcilite
07-24-2008, 07:04 PM
This could mean that if Brandon Jackson has a great camp he might just replace him. Whom ever is the RB on this team he is going to have a big year in yards because this team is more of a running team now with Brett Favre gone.

lol wut

no way jackson replaces grant

Gunakor
07-24-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't really follow that. With our set of receivers, is is almost guaranteed that we will continue the spread, shotgun passing attack. Also, with Favre gone, our passing game will get a lot less respect. So, opposing teams will be more likely to guard against the run and make Rodgers beat them. While I'm hopeful, I really doubt Grant will have as much success per game as he did last year.

I agree to an extent, but I don't see us spreading the field like we did early last season. I expect a good balance on offense. Much like we finished last season, save the NFCC. You'd think that we'd be a running team with Favre gone now, except that the very first draft pick TT made post Favre's retirement was on a WR, his second on a QB, and his 4th on an athletic TE with good hands. It looks to me like TT and MM still want to throw the ball a little bit.

Freak Out
07-24-2008, 07:49 PM
TT needs to get the Grant deal done.....can he really be asking for the moon? We need Grant/RBs and the OL to play big this year so Rodgers gets a little more time and we can pass first and use all the WRs we have.