PDA

View Full Version : GOODELL WANTS DECISION BY.....

Chevelle2
07-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Sunday???? :shock:

Packers | Goodell wants resolution by Sunday
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:09:34 -0700

Sal Paolantonio, of ESPN, reports National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell said he wants a resolution between the Green Bay Packers and retired QB Brett Favre by Sunday, July 27.

Bretsky
07-24-2008, 09:44 PM

Sal Paolantonio, of ESPN, reports National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell said he wants a resolution between the Green Bay Packers and retired QB Brett Favre by Sunday, July 27.

Who the hell does he think he is trying to rush a decision...TT ? :lol:

pbmax
07-24-2008, 09:47 PM
Why is he pushing this? Why an artificial time frame? I'm worried because while Sal is a terrible football analyst and evaluator of overrated players, his reporting skills are pretty good. At lease they used to be.

pbmax
07-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I can't find this on espn.go.com.

Which is odd considering the time stamp onthe report is from 3 PM Mountain if I am reading -700 correctly. Which was 4:00 here, 6 hours ago.

Chevelle2
07-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I can't find this on espn.go.com.

Which is odd considering the time stamp onthe report is from 3 PM Mountain if I am reading -700 correctly. Which was 4:00 here, 6 hours ago.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

bout half way down

Carolina_Packer
07-24-2008, 09:53 PM

Who the hell does he think he is trying to rush a decision...TT ? :lol:

Way to make the front office lose negotiating power, Rog! Why is he paying such close attention to a retired QB vs. any other guy you can mention that is having a to do with their current team? I realize Brett is one of the big names of the NFL, but he's currently retired and hasn't filed for reinstatement yet. If they HAVE to do something by this Sunday, will Goodell force Favre to ask for reinstatement in order for a deal to get done? Who is going to want to trade for a guy who might pull the plug if he either chooses to stay retired or doesn't like where he's traded to? If they do want to trade, will it hurt Green Bay's negotiating power to have a guy who is listed as retired? Was Jake Plummer on the reserve/retired list when he was traded to Tampa? Not that he's anything close to Brett, but they both retired and one got traded (so far).

pbmax
07-24-2008, 10:04 PM
This is posted to KFFL before Pop's contract extension and the roster cuts today. I think this report might be old news with a stretch of headline.

There is nothing in Sal Pal's archive on this story. Must have been on TV.

digitaldean
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
I think this commissioner should BUTT OUT! :evil:

Yes, he has to think of the welfare of the league, but this is overstepping his authority.

The Packers CAN trade his rights to any team, even if he doesn't apply for reinstatement. But good luck on getting anything more than a warm bucket of spit for that...

If Favre applies for reinstatement, trade him, but there has to be a reasonable offer for him. I would take slightly less if the Jets wanted him vs. the Bucs.

Wouldn't stun me if TB grabbed him, they're trying to stiff arm Garcia (who's whining for a big contract) and BF my just be the ticket.

The Leaper
07-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Time to file tampering charges against the commissioner.

motife
07-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah, like he can tell Jerry Jones, Al Davis, Pat Bowlen or Daniel Snyder to hurry it up?

There's no need to hurry it up until Favre applies for reinstatement.

Tony Oday
07-25-2008, 09:12 AM
If I was TT I would tell Goodell if he wanted to GM a team so bad he should buy a Xbox 360 and a copy of Madden...

footballfever
07-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Boy I don't even know what to say here. How hard is it for everyone to understand that it's in the collective interest of the Packers the NFL the fans and Brett Favre to have this resolved in the time that camp starts. There are so many much more interesting stories going on in the league once camp starts, you don't want crap like this looming. Kudos to Goodell for forcing the issue. I'm tired of all this.

footballfever
07-25-2008, 09:26 AM
If I was the Packers I would just outright release him if there was no resolution by Sunday, just to shut everyone up.

Chubbyhubby
07-25-2008, 09:50 AM

What is he going to do fine himself? Ban himself from the league? Like to see that! :!:

Chubbyhubby
07-25-2008, 09:52 AM
If I was the Packers I would just outright release him if there was no resolution by Sunday, just to shut everyone up.

If that happens there might be Riots in GB!

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
hahahahaha...

He's telling Ted Thompson to rush...hahahaha funnier than George Carlin's best material.

I awoke this AM and yes Brett is bang on, in not reinstating before Teddy comes up with something satisfying to him. Brett's smart enough not to ever trust TT. Well how smart do you need to be to go there? Uhh.

I applaud Brett Favre and under that attack of so many 'rotten in themselves' Packer fans. I applaud all Packer fans that see this mess with half a brain intelligence. Two thumbs up for YOU people that represent decency and the fair shake.

I feel very sad ** for those that spill out such ingratitude towords the memory of arguably the best Packer that ever lived, and certainly the personality and face of OUR team since the mid ninty's.

** NO!! Y'all SUCK!!! :idea:

BRETT FAVRE will play again !!!!!!! :D

The Leaper
07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
How hard is it for everyone to understand that it's in the collective interest of the Packers the NFL the fans and Brett Favre to have this resolved in the time that camp starts.

We know that.

It doesn't mean that the commissioner has the right to tell the Packers or any other team how to handle their business.

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 10:28 AM
How hard is it for everyone to understand that it's in the collective interest of the Packers the NFL the fans and Brett Favre to have this resolved in the time that camp starts.

We know that.

It doesn't mean that the commissioner has the right to tell the Packers or any other team how to handle their business.

Of course you right The Leaper.

but again....REVISION:

this is Ted Thompson. :D

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 03:32 PM

absolutely.

my impression is that Favre wants to wait around for an attractive offer, perhaps following a QB injury. I wouldn't do that, but that's his perogative.

Maybe the commissioner should apply himself to some other problems, like say the housing crisis. Maybe he could be empowered to demand that houses be sold by a certain date to get things moving.