PDA

View Full Version : Report: Favre, Packers nearing agreement

packers11
07-24-2008, 10:01 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that the Packers are near an agreement with Brett Favre.

Green Bay would draw up a list of teams that are willing to trade for Favre, then he would choose his preference. "But it may take awhile," said a source. "The Packers are hoping that some team has a big injury and then is forced to make a deal." The source also says concerns about Favre's ability to pick up an offense are overblown: "Brett is a sandlot guy. What you’re going to do with him is find his 10 favorite plays and run those. Forget him learning your whole playbook. That’s not going to work."

Source: Yahoo Sports

pbmax
07-24-2008, 10:16 PM
At least this one got published:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AiNuFX6r8j37D8cw7LbKq_Y5nYcB?slug=jc-favreagreement072408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

packers11
07-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if A-Rod goes down in training camp (which I hope to god he doesn't), and the packers are the one who desperately need him back...

bobblehead
07-24-2008, 10:45 PM
www.rotoworld.com

Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole reports that the Packers are near an agreement with Brett Favre.

Green Bay would draw up a list of teams that are willing to trade for Favre, then he would choose his preference. "But it may take awhile," said a source. "The Packers are hoping that some team has a big injury and then is forced to make a deal." The source also says concerns about Favre's ability to pick up an offense are overblown: "Brett is a sandlot guy. What you’re going to do with him is find his 10 favorite plays and run those. Forget him learning your whole playbook. That’s not going to work."

Source: Yahoo Sports

I still think he retires now. And only a newb would write something so stupid. Yea, learning plays and working hard in the film room are overrated. Wait til brett tosses 20 picks with his new team then tell me that. I sure hope romo thinks that way, what a bonus that would be. I honestly would love him to step up and say "you know what, backing up rogers would be a good spot for me, being ready to help my team if they need me but supporting in the background otherwise...I'm a packer darn it"....yea I know, pipedream, but sometimes guys grow up fast.

gex
07-24-2008, 10:54 PM
bubblehead wrote:

I honestly would love him to step up and say "you know what, backing up rogers would be a good spot for me, being ready to help my team if they need me but supporting in the background otherwise...I'm a packer darn it"....yea I know, pipedream, but sometimes guys grow up fast.

Seriously, why the fuck would a veteranof 17 years and team MVP (2nd in mvp league wise) back-up an unproven 3rd year rokkie. you dumbshit

mmmdk
07-24-2008, 11:16 PM
bubblehead wrote:

I honestly would love him to step up and say "you know what, backing up rogers would be a good spot for me, being ready to help my team if they need me but supporting in the background otherwise...I'm a packer darn it"....yea I know, pipedream, but sometimes guys grow up fast.

Seriously, why the fuck would a veteranof 17 years and team MVP (2nd in mvp league wise) back-up an unproven 3rd year rokkie. you dumbshit

Why? There's no TEAM in Brett Favre these days.

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Wouldn't it be ironic if A-Rod goes down in training camp (which I hope to god he doesn't), and the packers are the one who desperately need him back...

And wouldn't be ironic if Brett Favre breaks his leg, and the doctors say that his bones had hollowed-out due to aging, and the Packers looked like geniuses, and they got the next Barry Sanders with the extra draft pick that Favre brought?

MadtownPacker
07-24-2008, 11:27 PM

And wouldn't be ironic if Brett Favre breaks his leg, and the doctors say that his bones had hollowed-out due to aging, and the Packers looked like geniuses, and they got the next Barry Sanders with the extra draft pick that Favre brought?

And wouldn't be even more ironic if YOU saw a hot chick, and you got a boner regardless of your aging, and she thought you looked like a stud, and you had sex with her withthe condoms you brought?

Partial
07-25-2008, 12:50 AM

This is what I expect to happen. A-Rod has show me to this point that at best he is a cupcake.

FritzDontBlitz
07-25-2008, 12:58 AM

And wouldn't be even more ironic if YOU saw a hot chick, and you got a boner regardless of your aging, and she thought you looked like a stud, and you had sex with her withthe condoms you brought?

Epic lulz, son.

I happen to be in the worried about A-Rod's durability camp too.

Bretsky
07-25-2008, 01:32 AM
Lance Allen from WTMJ Milwaukee noted that Favre left a message that he wanted to speak with TT yesterday and TT didn't return the call. Interpretation from that sports caster is the door is slammed

Lurker64
07-25-2008, 02:26 AM
Lance Allen from WTMJ Milwaukee noted that Favre left a message that he wanted to speak with TT yesterday and TT didn't return the call. Interpretation from that sports caster is the door is slammed

It's also possible that Thompson was simply very busy (it was the shareholder's meeting after all) and was planning on returning Brett's call when he had the time to devote his full attention to it.

Though really, after the debacle that was the Van Sustren interview, I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed with Thompson if he was a little miffed at Brett.

th87
07-25-2008, 03:59 AM

It's also possible that Thompson was simply very busy (it was the shareholder's meeting after all) and was planning on returning Brett's call when he had the time to devote his full attention to it.

Though really, after the debacle that was the Van Sustren interview, I wouldn't be the least bit disappointed with Thompson if he was a little miffed at Brett.

Still though - it's childish to just screen calls like that, if that did indeed happen.

MJZiggy
07-25-2008, 06:12 AM
God, I'm glad Lance Allen doesn't have access to my voice mail...

TT already has Goodell breathing down his neck, is in the middle of trying to get rookie contracts done and Grant's contract done, not to mention the shareholders meeting and it gets reported in the paper if he doesn't call Favre back in 15 minutes when he calls? I think Favre is a grownup perfectly capable of waiting overnight.

How did Allen know Favre had called and didn't get a callback?

Lurker64
07-25-2008, 06:52 AM
How did Allen know Favre had called and didn't get a callback?

Favre has a Lance Allen issued cell phone, duh.