PDA

View Full Version : Favre's secret grievances

Harlan Huckleby
07-24-2008, 11:56 PM
If you accept the Packers version of events, Favre was way out of line in demanding that the Packers accept him back as a starter or release him from his contract. Nothing that has come from the Favre camp has contradicted the Packers story.

Some diehard Favre supporters appear unhappy with what we know, so they say the truth lies in the unknown. They suggest that Favre was done wrong by Thompson and we just don't know what happened. (TT makes a better villian, even though McCarthy's judgement was likely the turning point.)

Lets have some speculation, some specifics. What could the Packers have done wrong to Favre that he chose to hide in his scorched-earth interview with Dame Gretta?

GrnBay007
07-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Don't you have an unmarried pregnant teen out there somewhere to lobby for? :P

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 12:25 AM
your grudge against Mazzin never ends. All the women were so jealous of that sweet girl.

Zool
07-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Tank

GrnBay007
07-25-2008, 12:40 AM
your grudge against Mazzin never ends. All the women were so jealous of that sweet girl.

LOL
no grudge, I was doggin you blue dog :P

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 12:45 AM
IT's LIKE A CLOSELY GUARDED FAMILY SECRET. REALLY HARD TO GET IT OUT THERE.

YOUR ALWAYS HURTIN' AT HOME SO YOU TRY TO RUN AWAY. THEY COME AND GET YOU BUT YOU ESCAPE AGAIN. SO YOU SLIP UP DOWN AT JOE'S SMOKE SHOP. TELL JOE WHAT DADDY DID TO YOU.

JOE TELLS DADDY AND YOUR DRUG BACK HOME AND STASHED IN THE ATTIC.

mraynrand
07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
If you accept the Packers version of events, Favre was way out of line in demanding that the Packers accept him back as a starter or release him from his contract. Nothing that has come from the Favre camp has contradicted the Packers story.

Some diehard Favre supporters appear unhappy with what we know, so they say the truth lies in the unknown. They suggest that Favre was done wrong by Thompson and we just don't know what happened. (TT makes a better villian, even though McCarthy's judgement was likely the turning point.)

Lets have some speculation, some specifics. What could the Packers have done wrong to Favre that he chose to hide in his scorched-earth interview with Dame Gretta?

I'm certain Favre would have come back under any circumstance, just so long as TT resigned Torrence Marsahal - at least according to his girlfriend (Tank?).

Bretsky
07-25-2008, 01:31 AM
TT told Favre they did not want him back at all; then he fed the media full of lines that they might allow him to come in and compete. Favre is a media idiot; TT is a media whiz with how he is able to give them exactly what he wants

Deanna has often been level headed; don't think for a second her and Brett didn't talk before his interview with Greta. They feel wronged.

I don't know if the above is it, but the message the Packer flagship keep preaching is that

BF and his wife feel that TT has not been honest and up front with them.

It's too bad his dad was not around; with the right guidance I'm convinced we would not have to go through this BS year to year

th87
07-25-2008, 04:01 AM

I'm certain Favre would have come back under any circumstance, just so long as TT resigned Torrence Marsahal - at least according to his girlfriend (Tank?).

Grip a grip, man. :lol:

th87
07-25-2008, 04:06 AM
TT told Favre they did not want him back at all; then he fed the media full of lines that they might allow him to come in and compete. Favre is a media idiot; TT is a media whiz with how he is able to give them exactly what he wants

Deanna has often been level headed; don't think for a second her and Brett didn't talk before his interview with Greta. They feel wronged.

I don't know if the above is it, but the message the Packer flagship keep preaching is that

It's too bad his dad was not around; with the right guidance I'm convinced we would not have to go through this BS year to year

What would motivate TT to go this route? His job is dependent upon the Packers succeeding. If he chases away his franchise player, he must think Rodgers is the real deal. In which case, I trust him. He knows a lot more than I, and is putting his ass on the line.

I also don't think TT is good enough of a people person to orchestrate a media manipulation like this. Notice that a lot of people have issues with him - Favre, Walker, Moss, Al Davis, Wahle. All of these people have had something or other to say about him. Usually, when it's just your regular business dispute, people don't say much. But these folks went out of their way to trash TT. Might say something.

MJZiggy
07-25-2008, 06:06 AM
That's true--yet I see it as a boss/employee relationship and sometimes when the boss does something the employee doesn't like, they trash talk him. Difference is, this is a league with a very public face, so when players go to trash the boss, a lot of people hear it.

I mean, let's face it: Wahle was a cap issue and probably could legitimately complain, Walker was being an idiot, don't know if Davis really had an issue with him--he just chose a different trade. And people that complain, were they complaining specifically at TT or did they just not like what the Packers were doing at the time?

RashanGary
07-25-2008, 07:40 AM
People who tried to leverage and pressure TT's hand don't like him because he doesn't panic. Agents probably hate him. He just moves forward and trusts his ablity to find a replacement. Sometimes it happens rightaway (like just about everything last year). Sometimes it takes some time (like not being able to replace Wahle/Rivera in a couple months time or not being able to replenish a completely depleated roster with no cap money or depth. Acctually, I think this has more to do wth the team he inheritted but it still proves he can't do everything all at once).

prsnfoto
07-25-2008, 08:50 AM
If you accept the Packers version of events.

This is a key line, I don't. The cell phone was exposed yesterday as a lie. A lot of the hate towards Brett revolves around his wanting to go to the Vikings and now we know that may not even be true. If the charges are quickly dropped then I would say that was all a smear campaign by the front office. The whole thing is Sad.

Carolina_Packer
07-25-2008, 08:51 AM
I think the whole stand-off has to do with the June conversation between MM and Brett where MM said the team had moved on. I think it really surprised Favre that they wouldn't just accept him back on a loose time-table as Favre wanted. He did admit that he told MM that what he really wanted to do was wait until training camp, to which MM said, "Well, why didn't you just say that?" (I'm sure there was a frustrated tone there). That was a legit question from MM.

So, what did TT do? He made his decision without Favre's input apparently, so by the time MM and Brett spoke (without consulting Brett first), the team had moved on. I think this is what stirred Brett up. I think again, he thought the team would accept him back as the starter whenever he said he was going to come back. Surprise! I don't know what the lies are that Brett is claiming. Speaking of lies, what do you call a player who retires, then tells the team he's thinking of unretiring and then calls them back and said, nah, I've changed my mind again? Indecisive for sure. Yes, TT and MM could have said, Brett will get whatever leeway he needs to make his decision, but they didn't (at least not after a certain point that Favre was not aware of until after the fact). Speaks perhaps more to their confidence in Rodgers, rather than a lack of confidence in Brett's ability. Perhaps they just said enough is enough. They have that right, for sure. Personally, I wish they had accepted Brett back despite the waffling for one more go, but they didn't do that and said he could come back no guaranteeing a starting role. Favre really got mad about that since he probably felt somewhat entitled to the job, like, "why wouldn't they just want me back whenever they could get me?"

Fritz
07-25-2008, 08:52 AM
To echo an old post by Patler, with the Wahle thing TT actually did explore trying to re-structure but it was impossible the way Shermy had set up the contract and the team's sal cap.

I think TT maybe says he'll do something (like interview Mariucci), but does it half ass (he according to Favre only called Mariucci after he'd already hired MM). I think he clams up in a confrontation. And that could be tough to deal with.

woodbuck27
07-25-2008, 10:11 AM

B.

Some day Brett Favre will be able to bust it all out there for us to read.

It's just really awkward now as he has had his dignity slammmed by Packer management. Anyone who believes Favre got a really fair shake to date as this has been is simply this:

A FOOL!!!!!

It's not about loyalty to Favre BS or disloyalty to TT BS! That's simply spin. It's not about fairness. Favre is under contract for three more years and he shot the lights out last season... and this ... !&$%#(%^^$#^##%$ Pathetic!

Such miserable tactless behaviour and pathetic spin we've endured from Packer management. It almost makes me really ugly. I won't allow anyone that power over me.

That's where Brett Favre is. The man is very strong, admirable and clearly so in the hurt and shame he feels for Packer managements ways. He'll not allow TT to screw him any more. TT's too obvious.

Favre is in charge of Favre. GOOD!!

pbmax
07-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Why did he retire? And why, when he was given the chance to unretire in April, did he stay retired?

It's not about loyalty to Favre BS or disloyalty to TT BS! That's simply spin. It's not about fairness. Favre is under contract for three more years and he shot the lights out last season... and this ... !&$%#(%^^$#^##%$ Pathetic!

cheesner
07-25-2008, 12:08 PM

When the Packers removed Brett's locker and shipped it to him down in Kiln, they wrapped a note around it that read 'You forgot this you dumb ass' and threw it through his picture window.

You didn't say 'reasonable' speculation. :lol:

Fosco33
07-25-2008, 12:55 PM
My speculation-

Go back to the OGs leaving, the lack of movement in FA (Moss), HC changes, lack of known/expected RB for a few years, etc... leaving Favre feeling at a disadvantage late in his career.

Ignore the success of last year - just that Favre felt like the Pack was moving towards getting younger (recall all the comments by Brett on the youth of the team, etc.).

I think this offseason:
1. He was pressed to give a decision - whether true or not
2. He wanted to be asked back - and left the door open during his retirement speech
3. He sees 2 QBs drafted and lots of praise given to ARod
4. He gets the info on the retirement of his jersey on the 1st game he'd miss (why the rush??)

Brett has a big ego that needed to be stroked. TT has a hardon for his first draft choice and for doesn't like to deal w/ Brett's ego being bigger than the team.

He'll be a Buc by Sunday and the 4th game of the year will be one of the most watched sporting events of the past decade.

Pugger
07-25-2008, 02:24 PM
1. The Packers asked Brett to make a decision before the draft. I think Brett felt pressured but we'll never know if this is just how Brett felt or if they really gave him an ultimatum. I'm beginning to doubt this because:

2. Three weeks later Brett decides to unretire. The Packers are all set to welcome him back. A press conference is scheduled, but 2 days before that Brett changes his mind and tells TT and MM he's going to stay retired. :whaa:

I think after this episode TT and MM said enough is enough. He felt the team HAS to move forward and prepare for 2008 and MM declares Aaron the starter.

3. Then in June Brett calls MM and tells MM he wants to play. MM is in an awkward situation for sure! MM hedges and tells Brett they moved on. TT really goofs big time telling Brett he wasn't welcomed back. But then TT changed his mind (if Favre can do it, so can TT :wink: ) and told Brett he would be welcomed back if he files reinstatement papers but his role on the team would be different. (TT never said it would ONLY as a back-up)

4. Brett feels slighted by both MM and TT so he asked for his unconditional release - and the Packers wisely said no - and this is probably the reason he went on Fox News and blasted TT. This I think is Bretts' BIGGEST blunder. No matter how pizzed he is/was he really shouldn't have aired dirty laundry on national TV. :no:

So now he says he's gonna report to camp. If he does and MM and TT welcome him back I'll give props to all 3. Evidently Brett had a cordial conversation on the phone yesterday with TT. If this is true, then TT is a h3ll of lot more forgiving then I'd ever be if someone went on TV and technically called me a liar. Maybe MM, MM3 and TT not blasting Brett at the stockholder's meeting helped pave the way too...? It will be interesting to see if Brett comes in and competes for his old job or if he is traded.

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Some day Brett Favre will be able to bust it all out there for us to read.

Really? So why is he holding back now? Seems like we've heard plenty already from Favre, it just hasn't been convincing.

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
If you accept the Packers version of events.

This is a key line, I don't.

The Packers have laid out a very detailed timeline of events. If the Favre camp disputes any of those claims, why did they not speak up?

CaliforniaCheez
07-25-2008, 05:14 PM
After awhile Brett will have a "tell all" book. It will sell well.

Cheesehead Craig
07-25-2008, 07:31 PM
After awhile Brett will have a "tell all" book. It will sell well.
He could have a "tell all" book about his favorite guns for hunting and it would make the NYT best seller list.

pbmax
07-25-2008, 07:36 PM
The deadline talk is a red herring. Favre himself said the team would have liked to know before FA. That deadline was blown. They also would have liked to have known before the draft. Neither of these seem like drop dead deadlines here, more like suggestions.

This is the same timeline as it has been since Sherman. If he needed more time, he as McCarthy said, he just had to ask.

PackerBlues
07-26-2008, 07:51 PM
There are obvious things that have happened in the past that Thompson has done that would have pissed off any QB playing for the team. The O-line that Thompson put in front of Favre that set up the 4-12 season, should have been looked at as a criminal act, it was so damned pathetic. I can only imagine what went on behind the scenes in the last few years......

As for now, I really do not think Favre wants to play for the Packers at all, and the organization is trying to "save face" with their routine about Aaron being the starter no matter what. For them to say that Favre will not even be allowed to compete for the starting position is unreal.

Now we wait and see if Favre asks for re-instatement and reports for training camp. You think things are a mess now...................

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Now we wait and see if Favre asks for re-instatement and reports for training camp. You think things are a mess now...................

Bring him on. McCarthy will take care of it.

Partial
07-26-2008, 08:14 PM

Yes, he'll eventually start him and shut you up. Hopefully you're take it like a man and leave with your tail between your legs.

alquaal
07-26-2008, 08:56 PM

Yes, he'll eventually start him and shut you up. Hopefully you're take it li
ke a man and leave with your tail between your legs.

So to you "take it like a man" means leaving with your tail between your legs? Interesting. So when "her highness Favre" graces us with her exit you could leave with your cl*t between your legs. It was worth it. Adios.

Brando19
07-26-2008, 09:17 PM

So to you "take it like a man" means leaving with your tail between your legs? Interesting. So when "her highness Favre" graces us with her exit you could leave with your cl*t between your legs. It was worth it. Adios.

Wow...the new guy starting some shit. Don't bash Favre.

Zool
07-26-2008, 09:19 PM

Hey Partial, what are you doin after the poster game this year?