PDA

View Full Version : Donnell Washington's Packer income

Patler
06-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Not bad for a guy who never played:

$ 710,000 - signing bonus
$ 230,000 - salary in 2004
$ 305,000 - salary in 2005

$1,245,000 total income in slightly less than 2 calendar years.

woodbuck27
06-09-2006, 08:50 PM

HOLY 'stinkin' Mackeral ! !

What a disappointment that fella was.

I wonder if another team will give him a second chance?

RashanGary
06-09-2006, 08:55 PM
A guy I worked with lived next to Donell Washingtons condo. He smoked a ton of weed and so did my co-worker. We built all the condo's including the one Washinton lived in BTW....

I'm sure he has most of that money spent. I'll bet he's kicking himself right now becuase he pissed away his oppertunity to secure himself with $$ for the rest of his life. What an idiot.

BallHawk
06-09-2006, 09:19 PM

If you're talking about the team at KFC, than yes.

RashanGary
06-09-2006, 09:33 PM

Why don't you be a little more racist. I hear there is an opening at Johnny's watermelon patch. Maybe he can seek employment there.

Ignorant bastard :mad:

woodbuck27
06-09-2006, 09:44 PM

Any fries with that chicken?

Isn't that really sad?

BallHawk
06-09-2006, 09:51 PM
I was referring that Donnell was really fat, not meaining to stereotype all african-americans as working at KFC.

P.S. Nick We're cool.

the_idle_threat
06-10-2006, 01:14 AM
I would be willing to sit on my ass and smoke weed for half of that income...

ahaha
06-10-2006, 01:35 AM

I'd do it for free. :neutral:

MadtownPacker
06-10-2006, 01:52 AM

Why don't you be a little more racist. I hear there is an opening at Johnny's watermelon patch. Maybe he can seek employment there.

Ignorant bastard :mad:Dont be so damn PC. Whats the big deal if he likes chicken?

BTW - Get your stereotypes correct. Mexicans pick the watermelons, the brothers just eat them. :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
06-10-2006, 04:07 AM

What's stopping you? :smile:

RashanGary
06-10-2006, 10:40 AM
I was joking about the watermelon thing...I wrote him a PM saying not to take offense...

Tarlam!
06-11-2006, 03:27 PM

WELCOME to the forum. Mad, who posted after you, can help with any technical hangups and the rest of us are glad you popped by!

woodbuck27
06-11-2006, 04:35 PM

What's stopping you? :smile:

The cost of quality gangaaaaa, must be way up in Wisconsin. Poor fella had to fake another season ' to try', to just keep up.

and. . .literally. . . we may have a case of a career 'up in smoke'.

Surely, the Packers owe him more money yet, and he can stay somewhat 'chilled out' over, this shocker ( NOT) of a release.

If not then, here's hoping at least, that he can break any lease without too much hassel, and someone was around to give him a proper send-off.

retailguy
06-11-2006, 06:00 PM
BTW - Get your stereotypes correct. Mexicans pick the watermelons, the brothers just eat them. :mrgreen:

Sometimes you just kill me.... It's a damn good thing I wasn't drinking when I read this.... :smile:

Fritz
06-12-2006, 05:59 AM

Of course somebody will. It's the NFL, and everybody's looking for widebodies on the d-line. Some coach will hope he's got the "magic" to turn the guy around. Bet he'll be signed by the end of the first week of training camp.

Brandon494
06-12-2006, 08:48 AM
BTW - Get your stereotypes correct. Mexicans pick the watermelons, the brothers just eat them.

Last time I checked everyone eats watermelon and chicken. :roll:

Anti-Polar Bear
06-12-2006, 09:39 AM
You folks dont seem to recall that Gilbert Fucking Brown was a gift to us from Dennis Green.

Perhaps Washington is a gift to another team from Mike "Prima Donna" McCarthy? Me think so.

MJZiggy
06-12-2006, 09:42 AM
It occurs to me that Gilbert actually has a middle name and I'm pretty sure that in the delivery room, that's not the one his mama gave him. That's great if Ol' Donnel goes out and works out great for another team. He just wasn't working for ours. Time to let it go. He's gone. Get over it.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-12-2006, 09:45 AM
It occurs to me that Gilbert actually has a middle name and I'm pretty sure that in the delivery room, that's not the one his mama gave him. That's great if Ol' Donnel goes out and works out great for another team. He just wasn't working for ours. Time to let it go. He's gone. Get over it.

Go back in time for a moment. Gilbert Fucking Brown was an overweight rookie DT for the Vikings. They cut him cos he was too lazy. A gift to us from the enemy.

Zool
06-12-2006, 09:50 AM
So the 2+ years we gave him werent enough? Where was Mr Washington last year under your buddy Sherm?

MJZiggy
06-12-2006, 09:50 AM
That's great. He wasn't working out for them and keeping him probably wouldn't have helped either one of them out. Was it the change that caused a change in attitude? Maybe. Would he ever have changed had he stayed where he was? Maybe. But there's no way to prove it either way so there's no sense arguing about it. He worked out well here. Perhaps Donnel will find another team that he fits into better and his fresh start will cause a change in attitude. Maybe not, but you can't say for sure one way or the other so there's no sense blaming anyone for deciding to cut the cord on a player who wasn't working out with our team. (then again, that's never stopped you before. :mrgreen: )

the_idle_threat
06-13-2006, 04:03 AM
Was Gilbert F. Brown a pothead?

Also, Brown was much more athletic in his prime than Donnell F. Washington will ever be. Washington is strong but not particularly athletic---plays with terrible leverage ... has no "knee bend" ... etc.

Washington will probably go to camp somewhere just based upon his size & strength---he looks like a football player---but he'll never be a player.

cpk1994
06-13-2006, 06:13 AM

Yeah, I hear there is a guy affiliated with the Texans who is salvating at the prospect of picking Donnell up. :lol:

the_idle_threat
06-13-2006, 06:54 AM
I'll bet TT and Co. joked about calling down there and seeing if they could get a 3rd round pick for him ... Maybe ol' Shermie could pull a few strings ...