PDA

View Full Version : Whacky liberal post of the day

sheepshead
07-25-2008, 07:37 AM
"We cannot support the increase in troops unless George Bush disavows the NeoCon strategy and presents a new strategy. George Bush has been using the troops for the past four years trying to divide the country between those who support the war and those who do not. President Bush is trying to divide us again with his expected call this week for a 'surge' of up to 20,000 additional U.S. troops into Iraq. What the surge would do is put more American troops in harm's way, further undercut the morale of U.S. forces and risk further alienating elements of the Iraqi populace." -- Wesley Clark

"I think that the reports that you (David Petraeus) provide to us really require the willing suspension of disbelief. In any of the metrics that have been referenced in your many hours of testimony, any fair reading of the advantages and disadvantages accruing post-surge, in my view, end up on the downside." -- Hillary Clinton

"(The) idea that we're going to win the war in Iraq is an idea which is just plain wrong." -- Howard Dean

"We don't need a surge of troops in Iraq--we need a surge of diplomacy and politics. Every knowledgeable person who has examined the Iraq situation for the past several years--Baker and Hamilton, senior military officials, junior officers--has drawn the same conclusion--there is no military solution in Iraq. To insist upon a surge is wrong." -- Christopher Dodd

"By carefully manipulating the statistics, the Bush-Petraeus report will try to persuade us that violence in Iraq is decreasing and thus the surge is working. Even if the figures were right, the conclusion is wrong." -- Dick Durbin

"An escalation, whether it is called a surge or any other name, is still an escalation, and I believe it would be an immense new mistake." -- Ted Kennedy

"We owe our troops a strategy that is worthy of their sacrifice, and it's clear that the current strategy – the President's escalation – has failed to achieve its goal of bringing about a resolution of the fundamental conflict between Sunni and Shia." -- John Kerry

"...I'm absolutely convinced right now the surge isn't working and I'm convinced that if they don't pay attention to what I'm saying and a lot of other members of Congress are saying they're going to have a disaster on their hands..." -- John Murtha

"I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence there. In fact, I think it will do the reverse. I think (the surge) takes pressure off the Iraqis to arrive at the sort of political accommodation that every observer believes is the ultimate solution to the problems we face there. So I am going to actively oppose the president's proposal." -- Barack Obama

"The gains have not produced the desired effect, which is the reconciliation of Iraq. (This surge) is a failure. This is a failure." -- Nancy Pelosi

"I believe ... that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week." -- Harry Reid

HowardRoark
07-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Obama Campaign Says Canceled Visit Followed Pentagon Ruling
Jay Solomon reports from Germany on the presidential race.

The Obama campaign is responding to criticism for its canceling of a planned visit to a U.S. military hospital in Landstuhl, Germany. The trip was to follow Sen. Barack Obama’s speech Thursday in Berlin that was attended by 200,000 Europeans.

Obama’s opponents have used the canceled visit to charge the Democrat cares more about European sentiment then American soldiers. The Obama camp said they canceled the event after the Pentagon ruled it was a campaign event, and needed to be funded from the senator’s election kitty.

“Senator Obama did not want to have a trip to see our wounded warriors perceived as a campaign event when his visit was to show his appreciation for our troops and decided instead not to go,” Obama advisor, retired Gen. Scott Gration, said in a statement.

The Obama campaign’s chief spokesman, Robert Gibbs, said: “The senator decided out of respect for these servicemen and women that it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign.”

Obama is next set to fly to Paris to meet French President Nicolas Sarkozy Friday afternoon. The two will have a press conference afterwards.

Obama ends his 10-day overseas trip Saturday after meetings in London with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and his predecessor, Tony Blair.

SkinBasket
07-25-2008, 08:32 AM
How very nice of him to show his appreciation to our wounded troops by not showing his appreciation at all because he was concerned about the perceived image it would create. I'm sure those giving their health for their country understand such a difficult position that is for their would-be commander in chief, especially in relation to their meager, unimportant situations - being without limbs or skin or faces or whatnot.

Tyrone Bigguns
07-25-2008, 04:48 PM
This is the best McCain has?

Let's see...Obama goes and McCain and conservs pounce on him for photo op.

Don't go..pounce on him. :roll:

HowardRoark
07-25-2008, 04:58 PM

What does McCain have to do with this?

Tyrone Bigguns
07-25-2008, 05:05 PM

What does McCain have to do with this?

McCain's camp isn't criticizing the decision not to go?

"Senator Obama had hoped to and had every intention of visiting our troops to express ..."