PDA

View Full Version : Jets receive permission to talk to Favre

motife
07-25-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/07/25/jets-get-permission-to-talk-to-favre/

JETS GET PERMISSION TO TALK TO FAVRE
Posted by Mike Florio on July 25, 2008, 1:26 p.m.
Just when it seemed that the Packers and quarterback Brett Favre were trying to find a way to coexist, Favre finally has received permission to talk to another team about a possible trade.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, the team receiving such permission is the Jets, an AFC team not on the Packers’ schedule in 2008. (Unless they meet in the Super Bowl.)

Mort reports that the Buccaneers also have expressed interest. The Packers likely won’t grant Favre permission to talk to the Bucs or any other NFC team until all AFC trade possibilities have been exhausted.

The problem for the Jets is that, with this fairly large cat out of the bag, it will be very hard for the Jets to proceed without acquiring Favre.

Meanwhile, folks who were criticizing Commissioner Roger Goodell for getting involved in the situation will now have even more reason to suspect skullduggery, given that Favre could land with a New York team.

As our pal Dino Costa pointed out during a radio visit with him earlier this hour, it would be fitting for Favre to land with the Jets. Ron Wolf tried hard as a member of the Jets front office to position the team to draft Favre in 1991. A year later, Wolf was G.M. of the Packers, and swung a trade with the Falcons for Favre.

Seventeen years later, the Jets might finally be getting their guy

motife
07-25-2008, 02:07 PM
Bubba Franks and Brett Favre reunited.

Badgerinmaine
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
WCBS-TV's take, from the Jets' point of view:
http://wcbstv.com/local/jets.brett.favre.2.780105.html

The Leaper
07-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I can't see Favre wanting to play for the Jets...in a division where the Patriots are likely to go 16-0 again.

pack4to84
07-25-2008, 03:07 PM
I can't see Favre wanting to play for the Jets...in a division where the Patriots are likely to go 16-0 again.Maybe he wants a challenge. Or just wants to make sure it doesn't happen again.

MadtownPacker
07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Shit, Im not sure I would want to play for the jets for 10 million. Do they even run a WCO?

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 03:16 PM
I think playing QB in the NFL is a priviledge and honor. Thousands of people want to do it. Lots of older QBs play as backups, including guys with outstanding careers. And just because you aren't on one of the top tier teams doesn't mean that the game isn't exciting.

If Favre wants to play football, he should just do it. I hope he does. I would think playing on the Jets or even Dolphins is a lot more fun than sitting home and wishing you were playing.

The Shadow
07-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Big Apples often appeal to Big Egos.

motife
07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Favre: Not Interested in Talking About Jets, Bucs
July 25, 2008 by sfhayes
Stranger and stranger. Chris Mortensen reported that Ted Thompson and Brett Favre spoke yesterday and that Favre told Thompson he planned to report to camp. Thompson told Favre that both the Bucaneers and Jets were interested in trading for him and, according to Mortensen, Favre was “not interested” in talking about those trades.

If Favre refuses to be traded to a playoff contender like Tampa Bay, he will confirm the growing suspicions many of us have that he orchestrated this entire thing so that he could play for the Vikings.

Bretsky
07-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Favre: Not Interested in Talking About Jets, Bucs
July 25, 2008 by sfhayes
Stranger and stranger. Chris Mortensen reported that Ted Thompson and Brett Favre spoke yesterday and that Favre told Thompson he planned to report to camp. Thompson told Favre that both the Bucaneers and Jets were interested in trading for him and, according to Mortensen, Favre was “not interested” in talking about those trades.

If Favre refuses to be traded to a playoff contender like Tampa Bay, he will confirm the growing suspicions many of us have that he orchestrated this entire thing so that he could play for the Vikings.

OR maybe you are all a bunch of know nothing detractors and he actually wants to show us all he's the best QB in Green Bay :lol: