PDA

View Full Version : roll clock back one month

Harlan Huckleby
07-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Things would have been very different if TT & MM had decided to take Favre back as a starter.

boiga
07-25-2008, 08:14 PM
The question is a bit misleading again. It depends too much on circumstance.

If Favre had come back a month ago and asked to be reinstated as backup/mentor to Rodgers I would have been all for it. But considering he wanted the be starter or released... I can't say I'd want anyone with that attitude on the team.

Joemailman
07-25-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm pretty much incapable of not wanting Favre on the Packers. On the other hand, once Favre's "retirement" lasted through the minicamps, I understood TT's stance on the issue. TT vs. Favre is not a battle of good vs. evil.

Packerarcher
07-25-2008, 11:01 PM

If Favre had come back a month ago and asked to be reinstated as backup/mentor to Rodgers I would have been all for it. But considering he wanted the be starter or released... I can't say I'd want anyone with that attitude on the team.

WHY should Favre come back as the back up to some punk that hasn't even started a game yet. You can't say you would want anyone like that on the team,you mean a WINNER. You deffinately sound like a TT leghumper.

boiga
07-25-2008, 11:49 PM
You deffinately sound like a TT leghumper. And you should really consider avoiding CAPS and using a spellchecker for your posts.

In any case, the reason I'd like Favre in the support role is that whether it's this year or next, the Packers are going to have transition into a post Favre era. He's a legend, but he won't last forever. If Favre had been willing it could have been a seamless passing of the torch and Favre's legacy would have been written in stone.

Instead, he decided to screw the Packers and try to play for the vikes while pissing all over Rodgers' mantle as the new team leader. Can you blame me for wishing he'd taken the alternative path?

Carolina_Packer
07-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Heck, I still hold out hope until he's traded that TT, MM and BF will have a closed door meeting and come to their collective senses and realize that Brett is still the best guy for the immediate season. The team is not better off without him, despite everything that has transpired. I know there's not much reason to hope, but I hope.

Harlan Huckleby
07-26-2008, 12:03 AM
The point of this little bible study exercise was to demonstrate that the easy thing for TT and MM to do was to take Favre back. The fans would be happy, people around the country would generally praise the loyalty shown by the packers to their hero, and most importantly, Favre would be a relatively safe and solid option to QB the team.

But TT and MM did not take the safe career preservation route. Oh no, they thought deeply about all aspects of the decision and how it would affect the team, and made their best professional judgement.

TT and MM, I salute you. (tear wiped from corner of my eye.)

bobblehead
07-26-2008, 01:43 AM

WHY should Favre come back as the back up to some punk that hasn't even started a game yet. You can't say you would want anyone like that on the team,you mean a WINNER. You deffinately sound like a TT leghumper.

Look tank, your act is getting old, the reason we wouldn't want him back annointed starter at this point is because he missed important time. Time that MM has said all along he expects people to put in if they want a job. If BF wanted back, he could have shown up at OTA's and mini's and I bet 95% of this forum would be cheering his name.

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 02:03 AM

Look tank, your act is getting old, the reason we wouldn't want him back annointed starter at this point is because he missed important time. Time that MM has said all along he expects people to put in if they want a job. If BF wanted back, he could have shown up at OTA's and mini's and I bet 95% of this forum would be cheering his name.

Yup!

cheesner
07-26-2008, 10:04 AM
The point of this little bible study exercise was to demonstrate that the easy thing for TT and MM to do was to take Favre back. The fans would be happy, people around the country would generally praise the loyalty shown by the packers to their hero, and most importantly, Favre would be a relatively safe and solid option to QB the team.

But TT and MM did not take the safe career preservation route. Oh no, they thought deeply about all aspects of the decision and how it would affect the team, and made their best professional judgement.

TT and MM, I salute you. (tear wiped from corner of my eye.)
I voted yes, but I considered myself as being oblivious to the earlier episode of Brett yanking their chains and changing his mind. Then stating that he wasn't 100% committed on his comeback. TT and MM are too classy to have brought up all that BS. Not knowing that, yeah, I would have been happy that Brett was back.

PlantPage55
07-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Okay, the question was worded as "Brett was announced back" - meaning he was definitely going to be our QB.

I want to go into the future with Rodgers, but if they had, in fact, made Brett Favre the starting QB - I would be happy and support the Pack all I could. I would support their decision, either way. I think they earned my trust.

dissident94
07-26-2008, 10:40 AM
This whole idea of missing time is a joke. Pretty much the same team he played with for 16 games last year. Plus the dude played for alomst 2 decades and you guys think a few stupid mini camps is what makes a team.

Plus I find it funny how Strahan did the same thing last year witht he Giants and they gladly took him back.

This whole thing is a joke. Favre asked back late June. That is plenty of time to get him bakc in the swing of things.

I realize you cannot be too loyal in sports. It makes you hang onto players too long. But the fact is he is the better qb. You play your best players. That is why this whole thing is a joke

DonHutson
07-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Christ, you mean it hasn't been a month already?!

gex
07-26-2008, 11:29 AM
bubblehead wrote:

Look Justin harrel clone, Your act was old 2 months ago about a week after you arrived. Then tell me oh wise one why we would want Grant back? :roll: