PDA

View Full Version : Good One For Obama in France

texaspackerbacker
07-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Like the proverbial blind squirrel finding an acorn, Ol' Barak came through with a nice response to a question from a frog reporter today.

The guy said something like, "Being loved in France didn't do much for John Kerry. What makes you think it will help you?"

Like a typical politician, Obama didn't respond directly, but rather, came through with a two-edged sword answer that sliced off both of the frog's legs. He alluded to stereotypes on both sides of the Atlantic, saying something like this: "French picture Americans as militaristic and unilateral, forgetting how we not only bailed out Europe twice, but unilaterally rebuilt and protected Europe with our tax dollars. Americans view French--and Europeans in general as reluctant to do their part militarily--even though Sarkozy has taken steps toward shattering that stereotype".

Way to get BOTH points across--the flaming ingratitude of the damned frogs as well as their notorious cowardice--even though they at least had the good sense to elect a solid pro-American conservative.

Good rebound, Barak, after the wimpy whiny internationalist crap he spewed the day before in Germany.

Do I now think he'd make a good president? Hell No,

HowardRoark
07-25-2008, 10:21 PM
As easy as it is to rip on the French and throw it in their faces that we helped them in WWII, they were critical in our victory over the Brits in the American Revolution.

For that, I am willing to give them a break. That, and the fact they have really good food and pretty women.

Joemailman
07-25-2008, 10:28 PM
I do miss that old Miller Lite commercial though. The one where a guy is putting together this huge sandwich, and the narrator says "It's hard to respect the French when you have to bail them out of 2 big ones in the same century. But you have to hand it to them on mayonnaise. Nice job Pierre."