PDA

View Full Version : When will football talk return?

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Gee, I know! When the Favre debacle is over with.

I do find it to be the worst offseason ever as a Packer fan (since 1989); the whole buildup towards training camp, preseason and kickoff has been marred by one freaking person. Favre may be a legend but his father is turning in his grave. I need space from Favre, I need to talk Packer football.

I'm pretty excited about our receivers plus the defense will improve. I only have my doubts about our corners as I believe they're slipping (mostly Harris). I have high hopes for Packer LBs AJ Hawk, Poppinga, Chillar & Barnett.

Mike McCarthy must be fuming inside on sunday if Favre keeps his personal antics up.

Let's talk football not bitchball.

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Hey, on the bright side it kept us busy till training camp.

footballfever
07-26-2008, 09:53 AM
I think the funniest thing about the current team we have is that the one position we are weakest at (cb) is the one position that TT didn't build through the draft. For all the naysayers, not too many left I know, that should be a good indication of the integrity of the man that is TT. Bow down Bitches! :twisted:

falco
07-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I think the funniest thing about the current team we have is that the one position we are weakest at (cb) is the one position that TT didn't build through the draft. For all the naysayers, not too many left I know, that should be a good indication of the integrity of the man that is TT. Bow down Bitches! :twisted:

what does integrity have to do with it?

TT has done a great job so far - but the real test is about to begin

Bretsky
07-26-2008, 09:59 AM

Gosh that sounds like :lol:

We are weakest at CB ? Did you see the interior OL last year :?: That is still hands down our biggest question IMO.

Our starting CB's are a huge strength on this roster. Not sure yet if TT has hit or missed on the possible replenishments he's tried to make via draft in Blackmon or Lee.

On another note most of our best players are still carryovers from before he got here. TT's biggest test will come when guys like Favre, Driver, Clifton, Taucher, and Al Harris are gone. He certainly seems to be off to a good start

Sincerely,
your Bitch :wink:

Bretsky
07-26-2008, 10:01 AM

On the brigh side it gave us something to post about in the summer and we really did pick up a lot of very good posters and some transfers from other sites due to the news. Should make for more fun and more forum action once the season starts as well

pbmax
07-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Good luck recovering from that head injury :lol:

Round 2, 2008, Pick #60

Patrick Lee | Cornerback | Auburn | 6'0" - 200 lbs.

Story: Packers Like CB Lee's Physical Style

OVERVIEW
This late bloomer intercepted just one pass in his first 41 games at Auburn, but found being a pass thief to his liking as a senior. During a five-game midseason span, he pulled in four interceptions for the Tigers in 2007. Two of those thefts set up Auburn touchdowns and another led to a field goal.

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 10:22 AM

On the brigh side it gave us something to post about in the summer and we really did pick up a lot of very good posters and some transfers from other sites due to the news. Should make for more fun and more forum action once the season starts as well

I guess, B. I want football now. I was down a month after the NFC Championship loss then Favre retired and that made me look at our team team with new eyes; a new age for Packers after a legend. Then this.

I still expect great things for the Packers in the near future - even without a legend.

Now get Grant signed; I've been longing for a stout Packer run machine; our passing game should still open things up and then RAM THE ROCK ALL SEASON LONG. :P

PlantPage55
07-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, what the hell - we took Patrick Lee in the 2nd round for crying out loud! You can't address it too much better than that through the draft...

GBRulz
07-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Our starting CB's are a huge strength on this roster.

I agree with half of that statement!

:wink:

boiga
07-26-2008, 11:14 AM
I disagree with you guys about the biggest current weakness on the team. Although, ironically, football fever was right.

Our current, biggest weakness is the interior of the DL, which was neglected in the draft this year. With the injuries to Cole, Harrel, and Jolly, we don't really have much left to take up the slack.

Our O-line situation is actually pretty good from my perspective. The competition is healthy, and if we continue the rate of improvement from last year we should be fine in that department.

Our cornerbacks are stellar. I don't get why people bash Harris. He's the best CB in the NFC from my perspective and if C-Wood were any where near as dominating, he'd be the one stuck on the opponents top receiver instead. Also, we FINALLY have a nickleback that we might be able to rely on. To succeed in the modern pass happy NFL, you really need three quality CB's and for the first time in years, we may have that.

Bretsky
07-26-2008, 11:35 AM

I'm not even sure what you are saying here GBM; are you saying one is not huge ? :lol:

Al Harris was a very very stellar CB for us last year in all but 2 games. One against the Giants and one against Dallas. When a CB is having issues a good DC will make adjustments before fans like us rip him to shreds. Harris doesn't match up well with the overpowering WR's. It's no surprise that TO schooled him. Burress was a bit more surprising, but he meets the profile of a big WR who can take Al. Regardless there are few combo's in the NFL that I'd take over Harris and Woodsen.

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 12:17 PM

I'm not even sure what you are saying here GBM; are you saying one is not huge ? :lol:

Al Harris was a very very stellar CB for us last year in all but 2 games. One against the Giants and one against Dallas. When a CB is having issues a good DC will make adjustments before fans like us rip him to shreds. Harris doesn't match up well with the overpowering WR's. It's no surprise that TO schooled him. Burress was a bit more surprising, but he meets the profile of a big WR who can take Al. Regardless there are few combo's in the NFL that I'd take over Harris and Woodsen.

You're right, B. Blast me for wanting more :)

Bretsky
07-26-2008, 12:23 PM

OK; I'll give you more

Reports are the negotiations for Grant are still going slow. He clearly wants to get into GB but based on JS they are not eager to return his calls. I hope this one is peaceful

Jolly still has injury concerns and there is a chance he might get a suspension as well. Silverstein in a chat said there is a chance he might not play this year. If that is the case, we might be in trouble on the DL. When TT ditches Favre is might be a smart move to try to get an adequate DL in return.

Safety and OG will be interesting

Rouse or Collins has to step up this year and solidify that spot for our secondary to be successful.

All indications or GB wants to give Barbre every chance in the world to start at OG. I wonder if Colledge is going to be a player long term.

I'll be watching Brian Brohm closely; reports were he's very smart and was picking up the mental parts of the offense very well. We know that once you get the mental parts down you can just play. He may be needed much sooner than we are hoping for.

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 12:32 PM

OK; I'll give you more

Reports are the negotiations for Grant are still going slow. He clearly wants to get into GB but based on JS they are not eager to return his calls. I hope this one is peaceful

Jolly still has injury concerns and there is a chance he might get a suspension as well. Silverstein in a chat said there is a chance he might not play this year. If that is the case, we might be in trouble on the DL. When TT ditches Favre is might be a smart move to try to get an adequate DL in return.

Rouse or Collins has to step up this year and solidify that spot for our secondary to be successful.

All indications or GB wants to give Barbre every chance in the world to start at OG. I wonder if Colledge is going to be a player long term.

I'll be watching Brian Brohm closely; reports were he's very smart and was picking up the mental parts of the offense very well. We know that once you get the mental parts down you can just play. He may be needed much sooner than we are hoping for.

You're a gem, B.

By the way...it's official...I can go to the Packerrats game vs falcons. I'm so happy I could cry. That cheap dollar helps me afford it. Who's going? I'm all in -any help for a lunar Packer fan from Denmark will be swell.

The Shadow
07-26-2008, 12:49 PM

OK; I'll give you more

You're a gem, B.

By the way...it's official...I can go to the Packerrats game vs falcons. I'm so happy I could cry. That cheap dollar helps me afford it. Who's going? I'm all in -any help for a lunar Packer fan from Denmark will be swell.

And the Titanic was a fine ship outside of one iceberg?

bobblehead
07-26-2008, 12:55 PM

We are weakest at CB ? Did you see the interior OL last year :?: That is still hands down our biggest question IMO.

Our starting CB's are a huge strength on this roster. Not sure yet if TT has hit or missed on the possible replenishments he's tried to make via draft in Blackmon or Lee.

On another note most of our best players are still carryovers from before he got here. TT's biggest test will come when guys like Favre, Driver, Clifton, Taucher, and Al Harris are gone. He certainly seems to be off to a good start

Sincerely,

Are you seriously trying to compare a bunch of 7+ year veterans to guys who are in their first three years?? It would be impossible for your statement to NOT be the case. How could he possibly take a team in cap hell and in 3 years make the best players his guys??

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 01:12 PM

OK; I'll give you more

You're a gem, B.

And the Titanic was a fine ship outside of one iceberg?

Yeah...uhm...what?

Bretsky
07-26-2008, 01:45 PM

Sincerely,

Are you seriously trying to compare a bunch of 7+ year veterans to guys who are in their first three years?? It would be impossible for your statement to NOT be the case. How could he possibly take a team in cap hell and in 3 years make the best players his guys??

I was responding to the first post; I don't think I've criticized TT at all by those statement