PDA

View Full Version : RIP

Bretsky
07-26-2008, 09:44 AM
On Wednesday, July 23, 2008, our princess, Elizabeth "Kay Kay" Hoffman entered God's Kingdom. After three and one half years, her battle with Ewings Sarcoma Cancer has ended. Elizabeth was welcomed into this world on Sept. 4, 2001.

A friend of mine had a daugher who was diagnosed with cancer at age 3. Last Saturday, she had the strength to leave her home with her parents and attend the local cancer "Relay for Life" event for about an hour. Her parents took her down Saturday night and she walked around the track one time with the cancer survivors

She passed away three days later; can not even begin to fathom how difficult that would be as a parent. If there is a place above I undoubtedly hope she is there
May she rest in peace.

HarveyWallbangers
07-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I can't imagine much worse than having to bury your child.

HowardRoark
07-26-2008, 10:14 AM
On Wednesday, July 23, 2008, our princess, Elizabeth "Kay Kay" Hoffman entered God's Kingdom. After three and one half years, her battle with Ewings Sarcoma Cancer has ended. Elizabeth was welcomed into this world on Sept. 4, 2001.

A friend of mine had a daugher who was diagnosed with cancer at age 3. Last Saturday, she had the strength to leave her home with her parents and attend the local cancer "Relay for Life" event for about an hour. Her parents took her down Saturday night and she walked around the track one time with the cancer survivors

She passed away three days later; can not even begin to fathom how difficult that would be as a parent. If there is a place above I undoubtedly hope she is there
May she rest in peace.

May her parents and family rest/live in peace too.....that will be the hard part. Hopefully some day.

You too.

Kiwon
07-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow, I can't imagine the emotional turmoil of knowing that your child will pass away so prematurely and then just waiting for when it happens.

They sound like a brave family and my heart goes out to them.

digitaldean
07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Having 3 children myself, I couldn't imagine the heartache of burying a child.

My condolences :cry:

GBRulz
07-26-2008, 11:25 AM
That is so sad. While I don't have any kids, I know my parents have always said that the one thing they never want to experience is buying one of their children.

sheepshead
07-26-2008, 01:25 PM
I even have trouble reading things like this. God Bless her and everyone who loved her.

MadtownPacker
07-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Thats nice that the little girl got to go out and be a kid one last time. Hard story to read man. My heart goes out to your friends.

retailguy
07-26-2008, 10:39 PM
I can't even compose words. May God comfort her parents right now.

<sigh>

MJZiggy
07-26-2008, 11:28 PM
My sympathies to all who knew her. No child should ever go through things like this and no parent should ever bury their baby (no matter how old that baby is).

oregonpackfan
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I can't imagine much worse than having to bury your child.

You are right, Harvey. Grief therapists maintain the most difficult loss for anyone to experience is the loss of a child--no matter what the age of the child.

My sister had to bury her 21 year old son who died from a rare blood disorder.

What compounds the tragedy is the fact that marriages suffer from a high rate of divorce after the death of a child. Fortunately, this has not been true for my sister and her husband. With faith and a huge amount of support from family and friends they survived losing their son in January of '98.

Another factor in emotionally surviving the loss is becoming involved in charity work. My sister has been very involved in yearly fund-raising for medical research and treatment for the disorder than killed her son.