PDA

View Full Version : Who Ya Rooting for in Camp?

BallHawk
07-26-2008, 02:15 PM
Any players that you are hoping make a splash in camp and prove themselves?

Personally, I'm hoping Rouse steps up and gains some ground on Collins and makes it a battle.

Also, it'd be nice to see if Ruvell can solidify himself as the #4 WR, maybe even challenge JJ for the #3 spot.

Zool
07-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Aaron Rouse to start

Jolly's health

Lee to push for the #3 CB

JerMomma Finley to make a 2 TE set a viable passing situation

(assuming Favre is not on the roster)Brohm to make some strides so we don't have to pickup some retread Kerry Collins-type backup.

Someone to replace KGB on rush downs so Jenkins can play inside if needed

ANYONE with some KR ability. Getting tired of starting at the 22.

boiga
07-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Rouse, Blackmon, and Tramon Williams are the guys I'd like to see major improvement from.

Especially Blackmon. He seems like a great guy, he's Grant's best friend on the team, and he's got a crap load of skill, especially as a kick returner. If he can stay healthy and hone up on his coverage, it'd make a major improvement to our team. I trust Tramon as our nickle, but Blackmon at dime would be great. Bush lost my support after last year, honestly.

sheepshead
07-26-2008, 02:26 PM
I think Wynn will have a nice camp and either make the team or become trade bait. I liked his burst and instincts last year.

BF4MVP
07-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Aaron Rouse as starting safety, Brandon Jackson as second string halfback, Will Blackmon as return man and reserve corner..

HarveyWallbangers
07-26-2008, 02:31 PM
Also, it'd be nice to see if Ruvell can solidify himself as the #4 WR, maybe even challenge JJ for the #3 spot.

I'd be disappointed if Ruvell was the #4 WR. I like him, but he is what he is. That would mean either Jordy Nelson isn't as good as we think or James Jones regressed.

HarveyWallbangers
07-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Rouse, Blackmon, and Tramon Williams are the guys I'd like to see major improvement from.

Especially Blackmon. He seems like a great guy, he's Grant's best friend on the team, and he's got a crap load of skill, especially as a kick returner. If he can stay healthy and hone up on his coverage, it'd make a major improvement to our team. I trust Tramon as our nickle, but Blackmon at dime would be great. Bush lost my support after last year, honestly.

I'm not sure why people are down on J. Bush. Dude has some talent, but we signed him as a street FA in 2006. He made the team and contributed on special teams. Last year, he improved enough to get some PT. He wasn't a world beater, but he's probably been better than you could expect when we signed him, and his progression has been pretty normal. He has some talent and could get to the point where he's a solid subpackage corner. Now, he just as easily could be cut, but maybe he takes a similar career path as Atari Bigby.

Gunakor
07-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm pushing for Jordy Nelson to beat out James Jones for the #3 WR spot, because from watching some of his play in college he seems a better fit for the WCO. He's got deceptive speed, hands of glue, and that ability to make a guy miss in the open field. Hopefully he's a quick learner on top of it.

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 03:56 PM
These are players I think have a good chance to suprise

James Jones
Tramon Williams
Deshawn Wynn
Aaron Rodgers

I'm hoping the DL suprises, but I don't get the warm fuzzy that I do at many of the other positions.

boiga
07-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm not sure why people are down on J. Bush. Dude has some talent, but we signed him as a street FA in 2006. He made the team and contributed on special teams. Last year, he improved enough to get some PT. He wasn't a world beater, but he's probably been better than you could expect when we signed him, and his progression has been pretty normal. He has some talent and could get to the point where he's a solid subpackage corner. Now, he just as easily could be cut, but maybe he takes a similar career path as Atari Bigby. I don't have anything against the guy, it's just that as the season went on, he seemed to regress rather than improve. When he was benched after the Dallas game, our pass coverage got better.

Also, unlike Bigby, Bush won't get the chance to show his stuff in NFL Europa, so it's likely that the opportunity he had last year will be his only one.

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm also not high on Jarret Bush, at all. He played poorly at CB and, like mentioned above, he got worse with every chance he got.

Tramon Williams is just as young and just as inexperienced and he stepped in and looked like he knew what he was doing. I know players get better, but they have to have "it" too. "It" shows up right away in flashes and then grows into consistancy. Bush's starting point is so low that I don't want him around. Maybe he gets better, but nothing about his play would indicate it. He's a good STer. He has a good build. That's it so far.

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm looking for guys like Korey Hall, Atari Bigby, Allen Barbre, Josh Sitton and James Jones to take big steps; helping the depth. Bigby is a starter but he's primed for big things.

Also, I'll be rooting for Jon Ryan - I met the guy shortly in october 2006 on a flight from GB to Chicago. He took time for a fan when the fate of his father was on his mind. I still adore that broken run play at the metro too.

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm looking for guys like Korey Hall, Atari Bigby, Allen Barbre, Josh Sitton and James Jones to take big steps; helping the depth. Bigby is a starter but he's primed for big things.

Also, I'll be rooting for Jon Ryan - I met the guy shortly in october 2006 on a flight from GB to Chicago. He took time for a fan when the fate of his father was on his mind. I still adore that broken run play at the metro too.

Nice list, I like these guys too.

boiga
07-26-2008, 04:31 PM
Also, I'll be rooting for Jon Ryan - I met the guy shortly in october 2006 on a flight from GB to Chicago. He took time for a fan when the fate of his father was on his mind. I still adore that broken run play at the metro too.Yeah, he was the best runner we had for the first half of the season. That stunt is enough for me to forget that game in Chicago ever happened.

And outside of that one game, Ryan was one of the best punters in football. I'm just hoping for more of the same.

The Shadow
07-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Aaron Rodgers.
Here's one of the reasons:
Two years ago, I attended a Packers practice. As the players were leaving, they hung around by the fence talking to fans, signing autographs. Rodgers was accepting a piece of paper from a lady through the fence when the wind grabbed it and it spun away along the pavement. He turned around, chased it (it kept blowing out of his reach), and kept at it until he secured it, returned to the fence, asked the fan what her name was, and completed signing.
Now, in this day of so many spoiled millionaire players, I thought that was most impressive.
So, that's just another reason for me to root for him.

Joemailman
07-26-2008, 04:55 PM
I think Daniel Muir has a chance to surprise people. He showed some real quickness last year, and will get a chance to show what he can do with the injuries to Jolly and Harrell.

I'm also interested to see what Barbre can do. Colledge is talented, but drives me crazy with his inconsistency. At the very least, I'm hoping Barbre can push Colledge to do better.

The WR's TT has drafted in the early rounds have caught on pretty quickly in training camp, so I'm hopeful Jordy Nelson will continue that trend. And as someone who believes that having a racially diverse workplace is a good thing, I can't help cheering for a white wide receiver.

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Aaron Rodgers.
Two years ago, I attended a Packers practice. As the players were leaving, they hung around by the fence talking to fans, signing autographs. Rodgers was accepting a piece of paper from a lady through the fence when the wind grabbed it and it spun away along the pavement. He turned around, chased it (it kept blowing out of his reach), and kept at it until he secured it, returned to the fence, asked the fan what her name was, and completed signing.
Now, in this day of so many spoiled millionaire players, I thought that was most impressive.

Thats awesome. When I was up there, I can say the same. Rodgers was really kind to everyone.

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Rodgers is a great guy. He's young and hungry I'm sure. I too am happy to have him because he's a better teammate and more likable Packer to me but I don't hate Brett either.

Brett used to be that great guy too. He became extremely famous and extremely rich. He eventually lost the battle of being a decent guy when he didn't have to be. Brett's a spoiled, arrogant brat right now but it's understandable. I'm glad to see him gone because of it, but I hope this helps him come back to earth and have a shred of humility again.

BallHawk
07-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Sigh. :roll:

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 05:27 PM

Hahahahah I just read your sig for the first time. Very nice my friend

BallHawk
07-26-2008, 05:31 PM

Thank you.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8995/fmhh4.png

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 05:32 PM

Thank you.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/8995/fmhh4.png

It hilarious when he takes off his suit coat to try to get "personal" with the viewers...then finds it doesn't work so he puts it back on.

BallHawk
07-26-2008, 05:36 PM
It hilarious when he takes off his suit coat to try to get "personal" with the viewers...then finds it doesn't work so he puts it back on.

Yup, I noticed that true.

I love when they get that guy at the end doing the echo.

"To the left." To the left.

"To the right." To the right.

"Let's make this a dance."

Greatest viral video ever. :D

DonHutson
07-26-2008, 05:58 PM
The name I haven't seen mentioned yet is Allen Barbre. I think he's the best chance to really upgrade the LG spot.

I'm somewhat curious to see what a supposedly healthy Abdul Hodge can do, but I still don't think he beats out Desmond Bishop.

The three way race for starting S jobs will be fun, as others have mentioned.

Somebody mentioned Blackmon, but I thought he was hobbled again with the same old foot injury?

Of course, the obvious answer to this question is Rodgers. If he doesn't step in and play solidly after all this it'll get ugly. Hopefully the fans will support him if he makes a few mistakes. He didn't put himself in this situation.

boiga
07-26-2008, 06:08 PM
According to McCarthy, Blackmon should be fine. Here's the quote from the Press Gazette:

* On other injured guys: Cole probably fine. Blackmon ready to go. KGB was running Thursday in SwimEx, looks ready to go.

Only Harrell and Jolly are expected to not be healthy enough to practice on Monday. But then again, they are getting their physicals tomorrow, so we could still get some surprises.

Bretsky
07-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Any players that you are hoping make a splash in camp and prove themselves?

Personally, I'm hoping Rouse steps up and gains some ground on Collins and makes it a battle.

Ruvell as a #3; are you saucing again :lol: :?:

I hope Spitz and Barbe have amazing camps and solidify our OL

I hope Brohm looks very good

I hope Bob Sanders steps up and starts designing some effective blitz schemes

Partial
07-26-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm rooting for Will Blackmon. I think he has excellent potential as a returner and an end-around guy. He's got to stay healthy, though.

Zool
07-26-2008, 09:44 PM
I hope Bob Sanders steps up and starts designing some effective blitz schemes

Like they say B, wish in one hand....

I too hope Barbre or Coston comes in and starts to dominate. That could leave Colledge to focus on becoming an NFL tackle.

packrat
07-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Rodgers and Barbre

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Rodgers (met him, great guy)
Blackmon (see above)
Barbre
Rouse

Sleeper:

JAKE ALLEN

Packerarcher
07-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

It was probably the first time anyone had asked for his autograph. :lol:

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Aaron Rodgers.

It was probably the first time anyone had asked for his autograph. :lol:

He's your QB now, whether you like it or not. If you don't you don't have to be a Packer fan.

HarveyWallbangers
07-26-2008, 10:18 PM
According to McCarthy, Blackmon should be fine. Here's the quote from the Press Gazette:

* On other injured guys: Cole probably fine. Blackmon ready to go. KGB was running Thursday in SwimEx, looks ready to go.

Only Harrell and Jolly are expected to not be healthy enough to practice on Monday. But then again, they are getting their physicals tomorrow, so we could still get some surprises.

Good to see. Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago about how Will was injured again, and a bunch of people were writing him off?

Partial
07-26-2008, 10:25 PM

Good to see. Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago about how Will was injured again, and a bunch of people were writing him off?

There was. Hopefully he stays healthy. I don't think he has played much in either of the previous two camps or seasons.