PDA

View Full Version : According To Sal Pal

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 03:21 PM
According to Sal Pal on ESPNNews:

Mike McCarthy, Packers GM, called Mike Tannenbaum and told him that they were willing to trade Favre to the Jets

Tannenbaum then asked McCarthy what sort of compensation he was looking for.

McCarthy told Tannenbaum "Around a 1st round pick"

Tannenbaum then asked if Favre would renegotiate his contract.

McCarthy told Tannenbaum that he would have to talk to Favre about that.

Contrary to reports, the Bucs werent given permission to talk to Farve.

sepporepi
07-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Mike McCarthy, Packers GM,

a real expert :lol: , for sure a lot credibility to the story :lol:

boiga
07-26-2008, 03:31 PM
uhm... when did M3 get promoted to GM?

Credibility of article faaaaaalllllllllliiiinnnnng.............

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Wow I didnt even see that, I copied it from another forum...lemme find the link

EDIT: No link, it was on TV. just copied this from another forum. Either the poster is wrong, or Sal.

BallHawk
07-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Favre to the Jets is the best situation in terms of a trade. Don't have to play him, unless of course the Jets got to the SB. :lol:

Although, the selfish part of me wants him to get traded to the Bucs so I can see the Rodgers v. Favre showdown in Week 4.

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Favre to the Jets is the best situation in terms of a trade. Don't have to play him, unless of course the Jets got to the SB. :lol:

Although, the selfish part of me wants him to get traded to the Bucs so I can see the Rodgers v. Favre showdown in Week 4.

From rotoworld:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the chance of the Jets acquiring Packers QB Brett Favre is now "very remote."

It sounds like the Favre to the Jets rumors may have been put out by Favre's camp. The paper is calling trade talks "absolutely dead."

I guess Favre won't suit up in green this season.

MJZiggy
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
At the rate he's going, he won't suit up in any color.

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 04:10 PM

You got that right. Where the hell are his papers.....

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 04:13 PM

You got that right. Where the hell are his papers.....

I'm starting to think the same.

Pacopete4
07-26-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm to the point if he wants to play, he'l get his papers in and get to practice, for the Packers. No more of the fake trade talks, just get in to practice and play football, if it works out... then it works out but I am absolutely tired of Sal Pal and the rest of the gang with their false reporting before they have all the facts...

mmmdk
07-26-2008, 05:23 PM

From rotoworld:

The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the chance of the Jets acquiring Packers QB Brett Favre is now "very remote."

It sounds like the Favre to the Jets rumors may have been put out by Favre's camp. The paper is calling trade talks "absolutely dead."

I guess Favre won't suit up in green this season.

The never ending story...

The Newark Star-Ledger reports that the chance of the Jets acquiring Brett Favre is now "very remote."

It sounds like the Favre to the Jets rumors may have been put out by Favre's camp. The paper initially called the trade talks "absolutely dead," but an update on the site explained that there may be a slim chance of the Jets acquiring the ex-Falcon gunslinger. This is fun.

Not that funny.

Lurker64
07-26-2008, 05:38 PM
One of the things I read that was interesting in case the Vikings are found guilty of tampering, Goodell might tailor the punishment in such a way that the Packers are more likely to give up Favre for less. For example, if the Packers were to be given the Vikings' second round pick due to the tampering case, they would potentially lower their asking price for Favre since they already got a second round pick out of Favre unretiring.

Really, I wouldn't believe anything we hear from the Bucs or the Jets about Favre these days. It's the standard dance teams do around draft time to try to affect the values of players they're interested in. If there's a player you want, don't make waves that you're interested, that way you won't drive up his value. In fact, make waves that you're not going to be getting that guy so his value would be driven down.

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 06:41 AM
One of the things I read that was interesting in case the Vikings are found guilty of tampering, Goodell might tailor the punishment in such a way that the Packers are more likely to give up Favre for less. For example, if the Packers were to be given the Vikings' second round pick due to the tampering case, they would potentially lower their asking price for Favre since they already got a second round pick out of Favre unretiring.

Really, I wouldn't believe anything we hear from the Bucs or the Jets about Favre these days. It's the standard dance teams do around draft time to try to affect the values of players they're interested in. If there's a player you want, don't make waves that you're interested, that way you won't drive up his value. In fact, make waves that you're not going to be getting that guy so his value would be driven down.That won't matter. Goodell can try that but it won't work. Ted will not change his demands at all becuase of Goodell. Goodell stuck his nose where it didn't belong and now TT is going to make him pay for it.

Rastak
07-27-2008, 09:05 AM

Really, I wouldn't believe anything we hear from the Bucs or the Jets about Favre these days. It's the standard dance teams do around draft time to try to affect the values of players they're interested in. If there's a player you want, don't make waves that you're interested, that way you won't drive up his value. In fact, make waves that you're not going to be getting that guy so his value would be driven down.That won't matter. Goodell can try that but it won't work. Ted will not change his demands at all becuase of Goodell. Goodell stuck his nose where it didn't belong and now TT is going to make him pay for it.

TT has some cards but Goodell owns the deck. I completely disagree with your take. He is judge and jury, like it or not.

falco
07-27-2008, 09:17 AM

TT has some cards but Goodell owns the deck. I completely disagree with your take. He is judge and jury, like it or not.

goodell has the ultimate authority, but it will set a bad precedent if the league can force a team to take a certain action with a player...a very bad precedent indeed

Rastak
07-27-2008, 10:09 AM

goodell has the ultimate authority, but it will set a bad precedent if the league can force a team to take a certain action with a player...a very bad precedent indeed

I agree falco. He doesn't want to set a bad precedent. The OP thinks TT can stick it to the commish, I'm only pointing out that's bullshit.

RashanGary
07-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Well, Ras, on the bright side you see how much we respect your teams talent.

On the down side, you see how little we think of your QB.

Sometimes opposing teams just talk shit. In the case of Tavaris we really believe it ;)

Fritz
07-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Unless he and Deanna buy some colored condoms...