PDA

View Full Version : 4 Cripes Sakes, This Has Gone Favre Enough!

son of a vic
07-26-2008, 05:39 PM
I have frankly had it with all the Brett Favre ass kissers who think he can do no wrong. He, and only he, is responsible for the cluster fudge that is happening right now. Personally, I think this whole thing got it's roots when the Sherminator was still in town. He gave Lord Brett the adoration he so craves, instead of telling him what to do, and when to do it. Favre's job is to lead the team on the field, Ted's job is to build that team as best as he sees fit.

I don't think Brett thought of Shermy as an authority figure. I think he knew Sherman didn't have the stones to stand up and call him out when his actions and comments deserved to be addressed in a stern matter.

Let's face it, Ted isn't going to dance with any player, much less a perennial off-season pain in the ass. The jist I get from the whole situation is that when Rhodes and Sherman were there, Brett wasn't held to the standard, that is now expected from McCarthy. So therefore, he has to spend more time doing useless shit like studying film, instead of bowhunting with the boys.

In closing, certain coaches, some media, and most fans, have played a major role in stroking the ego of a talented QB, who's skills are in obvious decline(most rational people would agree) into believing he is bigger than an entire franchise.

Is Rodgers the next great one or the next Rich Campbell? Hell if I know, but I trust McCarthy and Ted's talent evaluation skills, a wee bit more than the never ending stream of knucklheads that say otherwise around here.

BallHawk
07-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Good post, Vic.

The Shadow
07-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I have frankly had it with all the Brett Favre ass kissers who think he can do no wrong. He, and only he, is responsible for the cluster fudge that is happening right now. Personally, I think this whole thing got it's roots when the Sherminator was still in town. He gave Lord Brett the adoration he so craves, instead of telling him what to do, and when to do it. Favre's job is to lead the team on the field, Ted's job is to build that team as best as he sees fit.

I don't think Brett thought of Shermy as an authority figure. I think he knew Sherman didn't have the stones to stand up and call him out when his actions and comments deserved to be addressed in a stern matter.

Let's face it, Ted isn't going to dance with any player, much less a perennial off-season pain in the ass. The jist I get from the whole situation is that when Rhodes and Sherman were there, Brett wasn't held to the standard, that is now expected from McCarthy. So therefore, he has to spend more time doing useless shit like studying film, instead of bowhunting with the boys.

In closing, certain coaches, some media, and most fans, have played a major role in stroking the ego of a talented QB, who's skills are in obvious decline(most rational people would agree) into believing he is bigger than an entire franchise.

Is Rodgers the next great one or the next Rich Campbell? Hell if I know, but I trust McCarthy and Ted's talent evaluation skills, a wee bit more than the never ending stream of knucklheads that say otherwise around here.

Well said. You eloquently express what many of us have come to realize.
However, I know from experience that the Cult is impervious to even the slightest suggestion that their Anointed One - Golden Boy is not all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful.
And so it goes.

son of a vic
07-26-2008, 05:53 PM
The "Lambeau Liquor" flows like the Amazon, through the bloodstream of some of the regular posters who can't see past a Super Sunday in the 96 season

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Sums it up pretty well.

gex
07-26-2008, 06:10 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DannoMac21
07-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Great post.

PlantPage55
07-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Great post.

Ditto.

falco
07-26-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm not saying TT and MM are not responsible for any of this, but I'm at a point where I now despise Favre for what he's done to this team...

rather than playing all these bullshit games, he should have just come out and said on whatever date that he 100% wants to play, filed his papers, and let MM and TT decide whether to play him or trade him - it really could have been that simple

the rest of this bullshit is fucking up our whole team, and i'm getting concerned... if Favre's legacy is that he left the packers in as bad shape as when he came, he can go get fucked

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm not saying TT and MM are not responsible for any of this, but I'm at a point where I now despise Favre for what he's done to this team...

rather than playing all these bullshit games, he should have just come out and said on whatever date that he 100% wants to play, filed his papers, and let MM and TT decide whether to play him or trade him - it really could have been that simple

the rest of this bullshit is fucking up our whole team, and i'm getting concerned... if Favre's legacy is that he left the packers in as bad shape as when he came, he can go get fucked

Not gonna happen. The Patriots (as crazy as it sounds) had more adversity last year and they bonded together and kicked adversitys ass. That's where the Packers are at. They have to bond together and kick this things ass. Bring on Brett. McCarthy is a great coach. He'll handle it like a man and people will respect him for it. I am not affraid of Favre's threat to make a stink. Bring it. He will lose.

falco
07-26-2008, 06:47 PM

Not gonna happen. The Patriots (as crazy as it sounds) had more adversity last year and they bonded together and kicked adversitys ass. That's where the Packers are at. They have to bond together and kick this things ass. Bring on Brett. McCarthy is a great coach and he'll handle it like a man and people will respect him for it. I am not affraid of Favre one bit. Bring it.

with all due respect (:roll:), I don't think there is a precedent to show what affect this media circus will have on the team - spygate is a blip on the radar compared to this

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Spygate was an absolute circus. The whole thing, dragging up old employees, dragging it out, burning tapes, players accusing them of cheating, on ESPN every day. . . .

falco
07-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Spygate was an absolute circus. The whole thing, dragging up old employees, dragging it out, burning tapes, players accusing them of cheating, on ESPN every day. . . .

agreed - but my statement still stands - it was a blip on the radar compared to this

Badgerinmaine
07-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I hate to say so, but I think Vic's pretty much hit the nail on the head here. What a dismal state of affairs this all has been.

son of a vic
07-26-2008, 09:31 PM
The difference between this and spygate, is the fact that spygate doesn't have a face. Player issues are much more distracting than off the field assistant coaches misconduct issues. I say this "Young and The Favreless" saga, is much more of a distraction by far.

Zool
07-26-2008, 09:36 PM
Spygate had Bellicheck and some no-name camera operator as its face. This has Brett Favre as its face. Thats a gigantic difference. The guy is respected league wide. Fans that hate the Packers still like Brett. The guy plays football how it should be played. Too bad he has his head up his ass when it comes to the off season.

RashanGary
07-26-2008, 09:38 PM
It might be ugly in the media, but at practice they just have to show up and do their best to get ready. It's a distraction at the podium, but a good coach get his team focused on what matters and get hsi guys to work hard.

Bring it on. I think this is a great young team and they will overcome it.

son of a vic
07-27-2008, 08:23 AM
"JustinHarrell" "It might be ugly in the media, but at practice they just have to show up and do their best to get ready. It's a distraction at the podium, but a good coach get his team focused on what matters and get hsi guys to work hard."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh if it was only as easy as putting the index finger on the tip of the nose,and wiggling it a couple of times, and making everyone forget it ever happened.

Joemailman
07-27-2008, 08:56 AM
For one of the few times lately, I agree with JH. MM fielded mostly Favre questions yesterday, and handled it very well. He also talked about how well he felt his players who had talked to the media were handling it. Packers have some great veterans (Tauscher, Clifton, Harris Kampman, KGB, Driver) who will keep the team focused. This fear of a media circus is overblown IMO.

SudsMcBucky
07-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Does anybody really think the circus will go away even after Brett is traded? This thing will drag on all season, especially if the Packers stumble out of the gate or struggle even a little during the season.

ahaha
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Does anybody really think the circus will go away even after Brett is traded? This thing will drag on all season, especially if the Packers stumble out of the gate or struggle even a little during the season.

It will still be a story, from time to time. But, ESPN won't lead every sportcenter broadcast with Favre news. And they'll get rid of that "Favre" tab on their news crawler.

son of a vic
07-27-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm sure any 'Brett would have done ---------" references will only be made when Rodgers makes a mistake. Not when he doesn't throw into triple coverage, and throws to the open receiver.

son of a vic
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
"SudsMcBucky"---"Does anybody really think the circus will go away even after Brett is traded? This thing will drag on all season, especially if the Packers stumble out of the gate or struggle even a little during the season."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The circus is about to roll into town, minus the fat lady. What a freakin' freak show though!

Freak Out
08-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Bla bla bla.....some meaningless BS...I'm right and you are all wrong..Favre is a pompous ass...Favre is the hero...come up with something original.

#4 has fucked this thing up right along with the Packers leadership and the best thing they could do now is just release him if nobody is willing to work a trade. It does not matter if he goes to the fucking Queens because we would still beat them.

The Packers can end it now and take the high road.

son of a vic
08-01-2008, 04:59 PM
My opinion is original, and to think anyone could try to discuss something about the Packers that has never been discussed before, is a stupid comment.

And by the way, you lose all credibility when you think sending him to the Vikings is a viable solution. Think with your brain, not your heart.

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2008, 05:31 PM
#4 has fucked this thing up right along with the Packers leadership and the best thing they could do now is just release him if nobody is willing to work a trade. It does not matter if he goes to the fucking Queens because we would still beat them.

The Packers and Vikings are closely matched. Handing Favre to the Vikings has the potential to be very, very stupid.

Freak Out
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM

The Packers and Vikings are closely matched. Handing Favre to the Vikings has the potential to be very, very stupid.

I still think our D could handle them even with #4 and the Queen secondary would be lit up by the God like Rodgers and our great receiving corp.

Rastak
08-01-2008, 05:48 PM

I still think our D could handle them even with #4 and the Queen secondary would be lit up by the God like Rodgers and our great receiving corp.

God like Rodgers? You been listening to "Penguin in Bondage" too much, it's distorted your view of reality. This ain't Joe's garage. Tomorrow does not feature Saint Alphonso's pancake breakfeast.

How many more references can I work in while making no sense.

Actually, Green Bay does have a great corps of recievers. We'll see how it goes in September.

Freak Out
08-01-2008, 06:15 PM

God like Rodgers? You been listening to "Penguin in Bondage" too much, it's distorted your view of reality. This ain't Joe's garage. Tomorrow does not feature Saint Alphonso's pancake breakfeast.

How many more references can I work in while making no sense.

Actually, Green Bay does have a great corps of recievers. We'll see how it goes in September.

God like was probably stretching it just a bit.... :lol: Workman like would still suffice to beat the Norse secondary though. Just having a little fun with all this...

Freak Out
08-01-2008, 06:23 PM
My opinion is original, and to think anyone could try to discuss something about the Packers that has never been discussed before, is a stupid comment.

And by the way, you lose all credibility when you think sending him to the Vikings is a viable solution. Think with your brain, not your heart.

It was the same old Favre bashing ass/ball/crotch licking winy stuff that's been said a zillion times around here with some 96 and Sherman references thrown in. You don't want him and think he is washed up and has been for a long time but think it's nuts to send him to another team. Hell...what happens if he suck and throws 30 ints? Wouldn't that be helping GB?

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2008, 06:25 PM
You don't want him and think he is washed up and has been for a long time but think it's nuts to send him to another team. Hell...what happens if he suck and throws 30 ints? Wouldn't that be helping GB?

FAvre is probably a good player, may even be very good. Just because he doesn't fit into the Packers plans doesn't mean you hand such an asset to your enemy.

Freak Out
08-01-2008, 06:27 PM
You don't want him and think he is washed up and has been for a long time but think it's nuts to send him to another team. Hell...what happens if he suck and throws 30 ints? Wouldn't that be helping GB?

FAvre is probably a good player, may even be very good. Just because he doesn't fit into the Packers plans doesn't mean you hand such an asset to your enemy.

So I've heard.

son of a vic
08-01-2008, 07:38 PM
"It was the same old Favre bashing ass/ball/crotch licking winy stuff that's been said a zillion times around here with some 96 and Sherman references thrown in. You don't want him and think he is washed up and has been for a long time but think it's nuts to send him to another team. Hell...what happens if he suck and throws 30 ints? Wouldn't that be helping GB?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point is, it doesn't matter what you and I WANT, it is what the GM and the coach think and do, that matters. Up to this point there isn't too many legit reasons to not trust their judgement.

The problem with your theory is that Brett Favre sitting on his tractor all week, then flyng into the Humpty Dome on Sundays, still will be more effective than Tavaras Jackson. So, obviously no, that doesn't help GB.

MJZiggy
08-01-2008, 07:42 PM

For free, no less.

Freak Out
08-01-2008, 07:44 PM
The problem with your theory is that Brett Favre sitting on his tractor all week, then flyng into the Humpty Dome on Sundays, still will be more effective than Tavaras Jackson. So, obviously no, that doesn't help GB.

You are probably right there....but according to reports from Barney camp Jackson is improving.

son of a vic
08-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Tavaras Jackson is Daunte Culpepper without the fat ass.

SnakeLH2006
08-02-2008, 02:01 AM
Tavaras Jackson is Daunte Culpepper without the fat ass.

Tavaris Jackson is me sans beer. Sign me I say then. I was all Marawood conference QB in high school D4 champs (no really, albeit several years ago). Jackson ain't shit, they'd give us a Hershell-eske deal to get Favre. :roll: