PDA

View Full Version : Grant Deal Done?

Chevelle2
07-26-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080726/PKR01/80726050/1058

boiga
07-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately no.

Even after the league office gets back to the packers about what it would mean to their salary cap to have such an incentive laden contract, this is just the first step in the process.

They've agreed on the length of the contract, and that most of the money will be based on performance, but there has been no meeting of the minds about how much money that exactly is, nor how easy those incentives will be for Grant to reach.

Herman says:
“We don’t have any of the terms or conditions ironed out, but (Ball) is clearly thinking about things we suggested, so we’ll see what happens,” So, it'll likely take more than a day to deal with the details AFTER the league gets back to them.

Also I know the league office is working this weekend in case Favre faxes, but are their accountants staying on to help us with Grant too?

Unfortunately, even in the best case scenario, it's hard to imagine Grant shows up to camp early next week.

CaliforniaCheez
07-26-2008, 07:07 PM
I read this in the article:

"there seems to be little or no chance Grant will report before the first training camp practice on Monday morning because significant contract details remain to be worked out,"

"The sticking points with the most recent proposal from Grant’s side apparently are regarding the structure of incentives and injury/skill guarantees."

"We don’t have any of the terms or conditions ironed out," Herman said.

“There’s no reason for him to be there. Absolutely none,” Herman said. “No, he’s going to stay right here where his family is. This is where he belongs at this point."

Nice positive article on how the Packers foot dragging has gotten them into this position.

Packerarcher
07-26-2008, 09:42 PM
If TT knew how to take care of players and keep them with a team this deal would be done. I know that Grant can't go anywhere,but dragging his feet like this just shows other players how little he really cares. I have said it from the first day that TT became part of the Packers,he will do more harm than good in Green Bay.

MJZiggy
07-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Look at all the players he's extended before their contracts were due. Frankly, I'm glad to have DD here for a good long time and happy that he didn't have to go through FA, aren't you?

And don't you think the improvement in our record each year that TT has been here is worth noting?

bobblehead
07-26-2008, 11:24 PM

"there seems to be little or no chance Grant will report before the first training camp practice on Monday morning because significant contract details remain to be worked out,"

"The sticking points with the most recent proposal from Grant’s side apparently are regarding the structure of incentives and injury/skill guarantees."

“There’s no reason for him to be there. Absolutely none,” Herman said. “No, he’s going to stay right here where his family is. This is where he belongs at this point."

Nice positive article on how the Packers foot dragging has gotten them into this position.

What foot dragging, we offered him a contract to keep him a packer. I'm not sure what he is looking for and neither are you. For all we know he is being unreasonable and its not even realistic to think we can get him signed.

Packerarcher
07-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Look at all the players he's extended before their contracts were due. Frankly, I'm glad to have DD here for a good long time and happy that he didn't have to go through FA, aren't you?

And don't you think the improvement in our record each year that TT has been here is worth noting?

The way the Ego monster TT has been acting lately Driver had better not get hurt for a game or even a few plays this season. TT has no respect for Packer greats,he would probably trade Driver the next day. TT will wreck the Green Bay Packers from the inside out,I disliked him before Favregate. Now I absolutely hate him.

MJZiggy
07-26-2008, 11:35 PM
While I understand your frustration with the Favre situation, please keep in mind that there were things Favre could have done differently and he's not god almighty, though he does have enough folk that worship him.

You know very well that Driver's not going anywhere, nor is Kampy, Jennings or any of the other guys.

TT has enough respect for him to welcome him back to the team and eat his salary and roster spot if need be to keep him around. Nobody (including TT) likes this situation (except maybe Harrell--the poster not the player).

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 06:30 AM
While I understand your frustration with the Favre situation, please keep in mind that there were things Favre could have done differently and he's not god almighty, though he does have enough folk that worship him.

You know very well that Driver's not going anywhere, nor is Kampy, Jennings or any of the other guys.

TT has enough respect for him to welcome him back to the team and eat his salary and roster spot if need be to keep him around. Nobody (including TT) likes this situation (except maybe Harrell--the poster not the player).Its not worth trying to talk sense into Packerquiver. He has his head so far up Favre's ass there is no recovery.

Guiness
07-27-2008, 01:33 PM

What foot dragging, we offered him a contract to keep him a packer. I'm not sure what he is looking for and neither are you. For all we know he is being unreasonable and its not even realistic to think we can get him signed.

Quite. The Pack has to be VERY careful what they offer Grant here. It has been said so many times, but needs to be repeated: he did it for 8 games!!!

If TT were to hand over a contract an elite back would command (which some here seem to think Grant deserves) and Grant turns into a pumpkin, it would hurt this team for years. Cletidus Hunt anyone?

I really think the fairest thing for both sides here is for Grant to sign a 1yr $1million contract. That's more than a 100% raise over what they have to give him, and it lets them see what he can to over an entire season. If he wants a longer term then that, he has to be willing to give up a LOT, including very little guaranteed money.

Guiness
07-27-2008, 01:38 PM

Wow though, do I not like this quote. Reminds me WAY too much of the "I've got to feed my family" line. Why does he belong with his family? Does he have chores he needs to do?

He belongs in training camp, unless he doesn't consider himself part of the team. What he did during OTAs was right, watching but not participating.

MadtownPacker
07-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Huh, so the guy who plays 16 years and wants back in is shown the door but the guy who hasnt even played 16 games is holding out for more $$?

Fuck em.

Fritz
07-27-2008, 05:09 PM

The way the Ego monster TT has been acting lately Driver had better not get hurt for a game or even a few plays this season. TT has no respect for Packer greats,he would probably trade Driver the next day. TT will wreck the Green Bay Packers from the inside out,I disliked him before Favregate. Now I absolutely hate him.

Yeah, effin' TT. I hated last season. Agony.

And everybody knows TT wants to win with his own guys. That's why he's screwing Favre over. TT would rather lose with his guys than win with guys he didn't draft. That's why he's jerking Favre around, and why he re-signed or extended Driver's contract, and Kampman's, and Harris's, and Barnett's, and Wells's,. and ... oh, wait.

Never mind.

Still, TT is a jerk! He just is!! And if you don't believe me, then you're stupid and wrong!!!

falco
07-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Still, TT is a jerk! He just is!! And if you don't believe me, then you're stupid and wrong!!!

don't forget un-american too

MJZiggy
07-27-2008, 05:11 PM

Yeah, effin' TT. I hated last season. Agony.

And everybody knows TT wants to win with his own guys. That's why he's screwing Favre over. TT would rather lose with his guys than win with guys he didn't draft. That's why he's jerking Favre around, and why he re-signed or extended Driver's contract, and Kampman's, and Harris's, and Barnett's, and Wells's,. and ... oh, wait.

Never mind.

You do that so much better than I do...

Fritz
07-27-2008, 05:20 PM
My hatred is pure.

Zool
07-27-2008, 06:35 PM
My hatred is pure.

The Favre is strong with this one.