PDA

View Full Version : Any Mac Users?

Partial
06-10-2006, 01:11 AM
I just bought one of the new MacBooks today. Needless to say, I am very impressed. The display is awesome and the colors really pop out at you. It is really snappy and since i'm a student I got a nice printer/scanner/copier with it for free, an iPod Nano, as well as a fifty dollar discount!! I'm very impressed thus far!

Anti-Polar Bear
06-10-2006, 02:10 AM
I just bought one of the new MacBooks today. Needless to say, I am very impressed. The display is awesome and the colors really pop out at you. It is really snappy and since i'm a student I got a nice printer/scanner/copier with it for free, an iPod Nano, as well as a fifty dollar discount!! I'm very impressed thus far!

Where the hell do you get a deal like that. I am a student to and is looking to upgrade my Compact Persario laptop that i bought 2 years ago.

Partial
06-10-2006, 02:15 AM
Apple.com or any store.

The lowest end MacBook has a 50 dollar student discount. Students get a free iPod Nano (2GB 179 dollar value) for free with the purchase of any computer during their back-to-school promotion. Every person who purchases a Mac has the option to get a free printer up to 100 dollars.

I elected to get the 1099 MacBook, the 199 Nano, and a 99 Printer.
I used my Student Discount, and am going to sell the Nano for 150.

After the rebates come in, it will be 900 + tax, more if I decide to sell the printer.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-10-2006, 02:19 AM
Apple.com or any store.

The lowest end MacBook has a 50 dollar student discount. Students get a free iPod Nano (2GB 179 dollar value) for free with the purchase of any computer during their back-to-school promotion. Every person who purchases a Mac has the option to get a free printer up to 100 dollars.

I elected to get the 1099 MacBook, the 199 Nano, and a 99 Printer.
I used my Student Discount, and am going to sell the Nano for 150.

After the rebates come in, it will be 900 + tax, more if I decide to sell the printer.

Shit, that's cool. I'm gonna check it out, though im not that much an Apple fan. But all that for under 1000 bucks kind of irresistible; i also need to replace my fucked up ipod. Thanx for the source.

Partial
06-10-2006, 02:42 AM
The new MacBooks (the product you'd be buying) can run windows. They use Intel processors now.

The MacBook is fast as hell and a phenominal value if you're not a big gamer. If you are a gamer, you're going to want a dedicated graphics card, so a desktop or a MacBook Pro would be better. But yes, this thing is awesome and it flies. I recommend giving it a shot. It's a beautiful machine

mraynrand
06-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I use both. I'va had a G4 laptop for 5 years now and the thing has yet to crash. No viruses, architecture is rock solid. Also runs a lot of the software I use for my research. I noticed that the G5 iMac is going for about 1400 with a 21 inch LCD screen, 2 gig parallel processor, and 512 RAM (upgradable to 4 gig pretty easily). Jimminy Christmas, these computers/electronics are running fast and costing less. Six years ago I spent 1,000 on a Nikon 990, 3.4 megapixel camera, and now you can get 6-7 megapixel cameras for about 200 bucks.

Partial
06-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Things do change fast. I am really waiting for digital SLR's to come down to the 500 dollar price tag. Then I will pounce on one. I do a ton of photography stuff in my freetime but I cannot justify making the jump when I am in school and poor as it is when what I have works well.

Scott Campbell
06-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Things do change fast. I am really waiting for digital SLR's to come down to the 500 dollar price tag. Then I will pounce on one. I do a ton of photography stuff in my freetime but I cannot justify making the jump when I am in school and poor as it is when what I have works well.

You can get the Nikon D50 without the crappy bundled lense for that now.

GBRulz
06-13-2006, 10:08 AM
I got a great deal on the Canon EOS20D, which is the next in line after the Digital Rebel (EOS10D).

This is the most amazing camera that I've ever used in my life. I recommend just buying the camera body and getting like a 75mm lens instead of what comes with the camera.

however, the downfall of digital SLR's is the size. Was in Chicago this past weekend and just had my little Nikon Coolpix (8mp) with me. Hate to say it, but if you are just going to be shooting in auto modes, that camera takes as good as pics as my digital SLR which was 4x the cost!

I've been eyeing Mac's for a while but have thousands of dollars worth of software for PC. Now that there is software that you can download to run both OS's on a Mac, it might be worth a shot.

Scott Campbell
06-13-2006, 12:24 PM
You might enjoy this site Michele:

www.dpreview.com