PDA

View Full Version : You heard it here first, trade of Favre to TB is done deal

SudsMcBucky
07-27-2008, 10:44 AM
They are working on some small details. Will be announced soon.

RashanGary
07-27-2008, 10:45 AM
If you're telling the truth thanks for the info!!

SudsMcBucky
07-27-2008, 10:49 AM
If you're telling the truth thanks for the info!!

Unfortunately, I am.

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 10:53 AM
I'll believe it when I see it. Kind of curious that an internet poster supposedly has this "scoop" while FavreSPN is silent. If this were true they would be talking about it on FavreSPNEWS right now.

Brando19
07-27-2008, 11:33 AM
From Packersnews.com:

The Green Bay Packers confirmed to ESPN that Brett Favre will not show up for training camp today.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortenson, who had an interview with Favre this morning, the quarterback said he would give the team until Tuesday to find a solution to the rift.

Regarding the tampering investigation against the Minnesota Vikings, Favre said he did have a conversation with head coach Brad Childress, a conversation that was more like one he would have with other friends like Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid. Favre said he was surveying Childress to see if he was wrong about wanting to come back to play and whether Childress thought Favre could still play.

Favre said said he has his letter of reinstatement signed, but it has not yet been sent in.

According to an si.com report, Favre said he was led to believe by General Manager Ted Thompson that he would not be allowed to compete for the starting quarterback job with Aaron Rodgers. Coach Mike McCarthy said strongly that Rodgers would be his starting quarterback this year. Favre said he would consider a trade to any team, but he was noncommittal about going to either the Jets or Bucs -- the two suitors most often mentioned.

gbgary
07-27-2008, 12:34 PM
From Packersnews.com:

According to ESPN's Chris Mortenson, who had an interview with Favre this morning, the quarterback said he would give the team until Tuesday to find a solution to the rift.

or what?

falco
07-27-2008, 12:34 PM
From Packersnews.com:

or what?

i think show up to camp

The Shadow
07-27-2008, 12:43 PM
From Packersnews.com:

or what?

Holding his breath and stamping his feet.

packers11
07-27-2008, 12:46 PM
From Packersnews.com:

or what?

haha you all make me laugh... He knows if he comes to camp he would be the main event. Last time I checked, TT/MM don't want any distractions to Rodgers, and if Favre is going to have a media like distraction that T.O. had, that would be a lot more than just 'stamping his feet'...

GrnBay007
07-27-2008, 01:14 PM
From Packersnews.com:

or what?

Anything to spew more hatred against Favre. Don't you guys ever get sick of it? Here is the quote.

Favre told SI.com here at his home west of Hattiesburg, Miss., Saturday night: "I had planned on reporting for the start of Packers training camp Sunday, but Ted Thompson asked if I would give him a couple of days to try to get the situation resolved. I agreed to do that. I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football.''

boiga
07-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Anything to spew more hatred against Favre. Don't you guys ever get sick of it? Here is the quote.

Favre told SI.com here at his home west of Hattiesburg, Miss., Saturday night: "I had planned on reporting for the start of Packers training camp Sunday, but Ted Thompson asked if I would give him a couple of days to try to get the situation resolved. I agreed to do that. I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football.'' I don't think that there is all that much hatred going against Brett right now, per se. Most of us still love the guy but are justifiably feeling betrayed.

Not coming to camp given the circumstance wasn't even a dickish move on Brett's part. The problem is that it confirms that he was only coming back to pressure the team for a trade/release. If he sincerely wanted to be a Packer again and was willing to take his lumps in the process, he'd be in camp right now. He confirmed that's not his goal this morning, which is a shame.

Some of us got our hopes up when he was heading towards camp that maybe we really could come to a happy ending with Brett in a Packers uniform again. Now, that seems more remote than ever.

DonHutson
07-27-2008, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this trade came to pass. I don't think Brett would agree to play ball and give Ted some time unless 1) there was an end in sight on the trade front, and 2) Brett was willing to accept that trade.

Tampa has always been the best compromise for all involved.

mmmdk
07-27-2008, 01:30 PM
According to the Tampa Tribune, "it is believed" that the Packers and Bucs were close to agreeing on compensation in a trade that would've sent Brett Favre to Tampa Bay on Saturday.

The Tribune suggests that renewed talks Sunday may have been why Favre and Green Bay are at a standstill. In addition, beat reporter Roy Cummings says "it is believed" that the Jets are not bidding for Favre's services. The Packers are thought to be holding out for conditional draft pick that could escalate to a first-rounder if Favre plays a certain amount of games. Jul. 27 - 2:24 pm et

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this trade came to pass. I don't think Brett would agree to play ball and give Ted some time unless 1) there was an end in sight on the trade front, and 2) Brett was willing to accept that trade.

Tampa has always been the best compromise for all involved.NO it hasn't. I guaratee trading to a team on the schedule is not the best comprimise for TT. And Brett asid Tampa was too hot.

gbgary
07-27-2008, 01:33 PM
From Packersnews.com:

or what?

Favre told SI.com here at his home west of Hattiesburg, Miss., Saturday night: "I had planned on reporting for the start of Packers training camp Sunday, but Ted Thompson asked if I would give him a couple of days to try to get the situation resolved. I agreed to do that. I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football.''

i haven't spewed any hatred toward anyone during this whole mess. when i asked "or what?" i really was wondering what he might have in mind.

The Leaper
I agree with Hutson. Favre would've shown up in camp if there wasn't something going on...just to force things to get moving. If Favre isn't going to play in Green Bay, he has to get somewhere else ASAP. He doesn't have time to sit around and wait.

My guess is that the Tampa trade is close to being worked out, and he will be a Buc within 48 hours.

ND72
From Packersnews.com:

or what?

haha you all make me laugh... He knows if he comes to camp he would be the main event. Last time I checked, TT/MM don't want any distractions to Rodgers, and if Favre is going to have a media like distraction that T.O. had, that would be a lot more than just 'stamping his feet'...

still don't understand why he hasn't applied for reinstatement. by NFL rule, he cannot just "show up" without the papers being turned in.

DonHutson
07-27-2008, 01:34 PM

Tampa has always been the best compromise for all involved.NO it hasn't. I guaratee trading to a team on the schedule is not the best comprimise for TT. And Brett asid Tampa was too hot.

Compromise means both sides have to give something up. That's the whole point.

Yeah, the Pack plays Tampa. Ideally you'd trade him to the AFC. On the other hand, at least Tampa is not in the same division.

Favre wants to play for Minnesota. The Tampa is too hot nonsense was likely a hint regarding his preferred destination. However, if Brett wants to get to camp and start working with his new team anytime soon, he needs to agree to a trade. Tampa is a legit playoff contender, so Brett could've done a lot worse - like the Jets.

The pluses and minuses even out for both sides. Tampa has always been the most interested (at least according to the rumors) so just get it done already.

The Leaper
07-27-2008, 01:34 PM
still don't understand why he hasn't applied for reinstatement. by NFL rule, he cannot just "show up" without the papers being turned in.

He doesn't want to have to show up. He doesn't want to be part of a media circus any more than the Packers want to be part of one.

He will only turn in his papers and show up if he feels he has to in order to force the Packers to make a trade.

jklowan
07-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Why does he have to file for reinstatement, he never filed retirement papers?

HarveyWallbangers
07-27-2008, 03:39 PM
5 hours and waiting. Credibility lost.

I hope this happens.

texaspackerbacker
07-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Why does he have to file for reinstatement, he never filed retirement papers?

I asked that a couple of weeks ago and was told that the Packers put him on the retired list--so he needs to file to undo that.

I'm beyond trying to guess how this is gonna end up. I'll just say I hope it isn't Tampa--better the AFC, obviously--and especially if it is Tampa, the Packers better not settle for less than a first round pick--which I'd be surprised if anybody would be dumb enough to give.

I wish he'd just retire; Second choice: I wish he would report and they'd just keep himon the bench or as insurance against injury by Rodgers; Third choice: the trade; Fourth choice: Tie--they release him or they start him oveer Rodgers.

Fritz
07-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Git 'r done! Trade Favre for some kick ass defensive tackle! Who's Tampa got?

Packerarcher
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Git 'r done! Trade Favre for some kick ass defensive tackle! Who's Tampa got?

Doesn't that mouthy red headed freak that used to play for the vikings play D tackle in Tampa now,he hated Favre to. That would be irony I can't remember his name I do know he sucks so it wouldn't help the Packers anyway.

Fritz
07-27-2008, 05:15 PM
I know the guy you're talking about - Hovan. But he sucks.

imscott72
07-27-2008, 05:47 PM
So where's this proposed deal?

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
Still waitng for this done deal.

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Favre can't play in Tampa - too warm.

RashanGary
07-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Favre can't play in Tampa - too warm.

:) :)

Favre just wants to play. What a joke.

Deputy Nutz
07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Maybe Favre is playing hardball to garner a better trade for the Packers? No way too much of a "me" type guy.

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Maybe Favre is playing hardball to garner a better trade for the Packers?

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

I don't know how I feel about this, my emotions are running wild.

FAvre acting like a fickle prima donna makes him LESS valuable.

imscott72
07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Maybe Favre is playing hardball to garner a better trade for the Packers?

:shock: :lol: :shock: :lol:

I don't know how I feel about this, my emotions are running wild.

FAvre acting like a fickle prima donna makes him LESS valuable.

Yeah it's tough. Favre has meant so much to all of us for so long and it's sad to see it end like this. Even if he did come back and started for us, what kind of reception would he get at Lambeau Monday night? I couldn't stomach it if he got booed, just like I can't really fathom him playing for another team. It feels like the whole season is lost over this and it hasn't even started.

SudsMcBucky
07-27-2008, 10:36 PM

I hope this happens.

What are you talking about 5 hours? I never said a time limit. Sorry, but I can't give a time, but just as soon as the details are worked out, he is going to Tampa. Bank it.

digitaldean
07-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Sure would like to know your source on this one... :?:

Chevelle2
07-27-2008, 10:39 PM

Ive actually heard this to be true as well. Basically any hour, this could go down.

Partial
07-27-2008, 10:40 PM

I hope this happens.

What are you talking about 5 hours? I never said a time limit. Sorry, but I can't give a time, but just as soon as the details are worked out, he is going to Tampa. Bank it.

How do you know this?

BallHawk
07-27-2008, 10:41 PM

Facebook.

HarveyWallbangers
07-27-2008, 10:45 PM

Facebook.

Bodiford is his source.
:D

No offense, chevelle.

digitaldean
07-27-2008, 10:46 PM

Facebook.

Bodiford is his source.

No offense, chevelle.

And I thought all along is something he saw on Twitter or MySpace. :lol:

Chevelle2
07-27-2008, 10:51 PM

Facebook.

Bodiford is his source.

No offense, chevelle.

Hahah I chuckled...btw he was cut, should be announced tomorrow if it hasnt been already....dude is back in Portland...I feel bad for him...

Bretsky
07-27-2008, 11:56 PM
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/favre-talks-back-on/

Some interesting stuff in here; here are entertaining blogs after tha article

Posted by Steve Reed, Wyoming on 07/27 at 08:27 PM

Ted Thompson is finally getting it stuck to him.

In a football league that accepts criminals and thugs you would think a future hall of famer should be able to change his mind aboutretirement and play football again. Favre is going to look great in a Buc uniform.

Posted by Matthew Cox, Sarasota, FL on 07/27 at 04:24 PM

A first round pick for a guy whose last pass was a season-ending interception depriving his team of a Super Bowl appearance? I wouldn’t trade a first round WNBA pick for Favre and the weepy-eyed drama that accompanies him…

Posted by Chuck Willey, A Wisconsin transplant in Kentucky on 07/27 at 03:26 PM

Farve would continue right where he left off in Green Bay. But in a new system he will struggle just as he did in Green Bay under new management, coach, and new players. Green Bay will regret this move and the GM is an idiot. I hope where ever he lands he does well

gex
07-28-2008, 12:03 AM

In a football league that accepts criminals and thugs you would think a future hall of famer should be able to change his mind aboutretirement and play football again. Favre is going to look great in a Buc uniform.

A first round pick for a guy whose last pass was a season-ending interception depriving his team of a Super Bowl appearance? I wouldn’t trade a first round WNBA pick for Favre and the weepy-eyed drama that accompanies him…

Favre would continue right where he left off in Green Bay. But in a new system he will struggle just as he did in Green Bay under new management, coach, and new players. Green Bay will regret this move and the GM is an idiot. I hope where ever he lands he does well

That's been going thru my mind since this whole thing started.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 12:10 AM

Favre told SI.com here at his home west of Hattiesburg, Miss., Saturday night: "I had planned on reporting for the start of Packers training camp Sunday, but Ted Thompson asked if I would give him a couple of days to try to get the situation resolved. I agreed to do that. I don't want to be a distraction to the Packers, and I hope in the next few days we can come to an agreement that would allow me to continue playing football.'' I don't think that there is all that much hatred going against Brett right now, per se. Most of us still love the guy but are justifiably feeling betrayed.

Not coming to camp given the circumstance wasn't even a dickish move on Brett's part. The problem is that it confirms that he was only coming back to pressure the team for a trade/release. If he sincerely wanted to be a Packer again and was willing to take his lumps in the process, he'd be in camp right now. He confirmed that's not his goal this morning, which is a shame.

Some of us got our hopes up when he was heading towards camp that maybe we really could come to a happy ending with Brett in a Packers uniform again. Now, that seems more remote than ever.

Sadly it does appear your correct and I share your sentiments. I love Brett Favre. I wanted him to have a shot again as I'm sure 'that MAN' could have picked anything up that's been introduced in the OTA's. Any suggestion otherwise is outrageous BS spin

Favre is taking ' the High Road ' again here; serving Packer interests again as he felt is proper as ' the Packer ' he's always been.

This whole process certainly allows me to give all the respect he deserves rather than the slashing vile positions I read fr. some here. This whole thing just clearly sucks and will be a bad mark on the Packer Management's report card as it finish's with Favre as a cast off. If it gets there?

Too many Packer fans that respect Brett Favre won't forget. It's simply been to date, one of the greatest travesties I've ever seen go down in the history of PRO sports. This is Brett Favre their shipping out.

Thats just ugly. :(

BallHawk
07-28-2008, 12:15 AM
Woody, if I may ask, do you think Favre has done anything wrong?

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 12:23 AM
Woody, if I may ask, do you think Favre has done anything wrong?

Ballhawk.

He should not have announced his retirement; but maybe he did that to give TT and his boss's more time to think about snubbing him.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 12:36 AM

Favre would continue right where he left off in Green Bay. But in a new system he will struggle just as he did in Green Bay under new management, coach, and new players. Green Bay will regret this move and the GM is an idiot. I hope where ever he lands he does well

Damn! TT doesn't agree that Favre should ever start with us again. Yet wants a first round pick in a compensatory trade to 'the Bucs'.

mmmm.... What's wrong there Ladies and Gentleman? :idea:

Why does that not surprize me? TT... a real piece of work.

Randy Moss only worth a 4th and he's the top ranked WR in the NFL.

Contradictions! Inconsistancies and incompetancies !

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:01 AM
If this is on another thread? Sorry but I'm not aware of that ' as a fact '. So for ' the RECORD ' and whatever it's worth to this ' as the stomach churns ' story:

FAVRE SAYS THOMPSON BEGGED HIM NOT TO RETURN

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2008, 3:03 p.m.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre has signed a letter requesting reinstatement, but that Favre might not send it until Monday or Tuesday.

Per Mort, Favre says that G.M. Ted Thompson “pleaded” with Favre to give the team more time to figure out the situation.

“I asked Ted [Saturday], ‘Am I welcome in the building if I report?’ and Ted was just about shattered,” Favre said.

“He said, ‘Brett, you can’t do that — you’ll get me fired.’

I told him I’m not trying to get anybody fired. So Ted asked me to let the guys report and let’s try to resolve this over the next two or three days.”

Favre also said he’s getting pressure from his agent, Bus Cook, and his wife, Deanna, to move forward.

“Deanna, Bus, everyone here [in Mississippi] says, ‘You’re so stupid, letting [the Packers] play you like this,” Favre said.

“They want me to get in there now. I may wait until Tuesday or so.”

Favre also said that he asked Thompson to let him genuinely compete for the starting job in Green Bay.

“I said, ‘Let me compete, you’ll know I’ll win this job’

and Ted said again, ‘Brett, things have changed. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback.’

It’s pretty clear — and this is what I told the commissioner — that they want me to go away, stay retired. They would much rather see me in a Packers’ uniform, paying me $12 million to be a backup — which you know they really don’t want — rather than see in another uniform, no matter what they say. They’ll drag this out, asking a king’s ransom [in a trade], hoping it all goes away.”

And so the situation, which seemed two days ago to be destined to resolve amicably, is getting uglier.

If Favre is portraying his call with Thompson accurately (and it’s possible that Favre is exaggerating, to put it kindly), the Packers are backed into a corner, and it very well could be that their only options are to genuinely welcome him back, or let him walk.

Finally, these latest developments make Taco Bill’s newest offering even more appropriate.

mission
07-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Hey Woody (you moron)

The Niners got a first round draft pick for Joe Montana.

Precedent ... ?

Meet Woody.

He's kind of emotional. Not very sane and usually forgets to take his medication.

Other than that, he's a nice lil canadian who loves his jesus ...

prsnfoto
07-28-2008, 01:51 AM

No the fact is Brett wants to be a packer and TT has said that is not an option TT is the cock sucking faggot here he told brett are you trying to get me fired and brett told him he would give him more time to resolve the issue.

prsnfoto
07-28-2008, 01:52 AM
Hey Woody (you moron)

Precedent ... ?

Meet Woody.

He's kind of emotional. Not very sane and usually forgets to take his medication.

Mission has TT's DNA in his mouth. :D :D

mmmdk
07-28-2008, 01:58 AM

Mixing apples with oranges; it's comparable to a family feud. Being an idiot (mainly Favre) or being a criminal are not one and the same thing. Favre had a choice - be a pro about the matter or be a twerp - especially all of Favre's nitwit real family advisors "helped" Brett. Yeah right!

You can run out of options by being an idiot. Lastly, there's no hate going on here; just bitching. Favre is still a Packer - who's moving on.

mission
07-28-2008, 02:49 AM
Hey Woody (you moron)

Precedent ... ?

Meet Woody.

Mission has TT's DNA in his mouth. :D :D

ok Gex ...

Lurker64
07-28-2008, 05:45 AM
What we could really use here is for Goodell to put some pressure on Brett and say "Hey Brett, it's clear you're not going to come back as the starter for the Packers, and they'd rather pay you to stay at home than release you. There's no conceivable way you're going to be a Viking this year. But the league wants you to play, and the Packers are willing to trade you to this handful of teams, so you should just pick one and end this debacle."

The word I've heard is that Favre doesn't appear to be against being traded, but he's lukewarm on the teams that have shown interest. I think he just needs someone to point it out to him that he doesn't actually have any choice as to how much he plays this year.

I think the greater impediment to a trade here is Favre and not Thompson. Thompson may be asking for a first round pick, but he'll certainly let him go for a second and a late round pick or a second and a player (hell, Thompson drafts better in the second round than the first). Teams are just unwilling to ante up unless Brett shows interest, which he hasn't.

packrulz
07-28-2008, 06:15 AM
All I know is the Packers have two good QB's under contract right now, get them both into camp and let them compete for the starting job, competition is a good thing.

sheepshead
07-28-2008, 08:12 AM
Not sure if this has been posted:

Favre Talks Back On?
Posted By Roy Cummings at Jul 27, 2008 at 01:34 PM
Updated Jul 27, 2008 at 01:43 PM

LAKE BUENA VISTA - The Bucs may not be sitting out the Brett Favre trade talks after all.

Though it was believed that the Bucs and Jets had both decided to wait until Favre reported to camp to renew any trade talks with the Packers, we are now hearing of a discussion between the Bucs and Packers that supposedly took place on Saturday. And the end result may be why the Favre saga is suddenly at a standstill.

It is believed that the Bucs and Packers were close to an agreement on compensation but that the agreement fell apart sometime on Saturday.

The sticking point is no doubt the Packers demand for a conditional draft pick that would become a No. 1 based either on Favre’s performance or his new team gaining a berth in the playoffs.

That has always seemed to be a rather hefty asking price and it seems the Bucs have balked at that. It is believed that the Jets are continuing to sit this thing out, and that may be where the Bucs are now.

Zool
07-28-2008, 08:33 AM

I'm confused as to why he's "Finally getting it stuck to him". Cause he built a team that went 13-3? What a fucking prick Thompson is. Bring back Forrest Gregg.

Fritz
07-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Tom Braatz, baby!

Sparkey
07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
If this is on another thread? Sorry but I'm not aware of that ' as a fact '. So for ' the RECORD ' and whatever it's worth to this ' as the stomach churns ' story:

FAVRE SAYS THOMPSON BEGGED HIM NOT TO RETURN

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2008, 3:03 p.m.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Packers quarterback Brett Favre has signed a letter requesting reinstatement, but that Favre might not send it until Monday or Tuesday.

Per Mort, Favre says that G.M. Ted Thompson “pleaded” with Favre to give the team more time to figure out the situation.

“I asked Ted [Saturday], ‘Am I welcome in the building if I report?’ and Ted was just about shattered,” Favre said.

“He said, ‘Brett, you can’t do that — you’ll get me fired.’

I told him I’m not trying to get anybody fired. So Ted asked me to let the guys report and let’s try to resolve this over the next two or three days.”

Favre also said he’s getting pressure from his agent, Bus Cook, and his wife, Deanna, to move forward.

“Deanna, Bus, everyone here [in Mississippi] says, ‘You’re so stupid, letting [the Packers] play you like this,” Favre said.

“They want me to get in there now. I may wait until Tuesday or so.”

Favre also said that he asked Thompson to let him genuinely compete for the starting job in Green Bay.

“I said, ‘Let me compete, you’ll know I’ll win this job’

and Ted said again, ‘Brett, things have changed. Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback.’

It’s pretty clear — and this is what I told the commissioner — that they want me to go away, stay retired. They would much rather see me in a Packers’ uniform, paying me $12 million to be a backup — which you know they really don’t want — rather than see in another uniform, no matter what they say. They’ll drag this out, asking a king’s ransom [in a trade], hoping it all goes away.”

And so the situation, which seemed two days ago to be destined to resolve amicably, is getting uglier.

If Favre is portraying his call with Thompson accurately (and it’s possible that Favre is exaggerating, to put it kindly), the Packers are backed into a corner, and it very well could be that their only options are to genuinely welcome him back, or let him walk.

Finally, these latest developments make Taco Bill’s newest offering even more appropriate.

Woody,

If we had a private "one on one" conversation about a topic we disagreed and then I went and posted what you said to me as fact, would that be respectable ?

Reason I ask is I don't see Packer Management repeatedly disclosing private party conversations to the media like a certain former NFL mvp has.

cpk1994
07-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Still waiting. Someone is losing serious credibility. :lol:

LL2
07-29-2008, 01:04 PM

I'm confused as to why he's "Finally getting it stuck to him". Cause he built a team that went 13-3? What a fucking prick Thompson is. Bring back Forrest Gregg.

Is he still available?

Freak Out
07-29-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm surprised that Baltimore has "no interest" in signing #4 for a season. Boller has sucked from the get go and Flacco is a rook who could learn behind Favre for a year or two and possibly get a SB ring out of it.

boiga
07-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes, but they are so bad that paying Brett 12 million and a 2nd round pick for Brett to give them 1 year of mediocre doesn't make sense to them. He's not worth that much to be a simple stop gap.

The same could be said of the dolphins.

MJZiggy
07-29-2008, 07:31 PM
According to the local papers, they just had a sotpgap qb in McNair who gave them one decent year and then injuries and they feel that they don't want to do that again especially with a new coach in place.

falco
07-29-2008, 07:55 PM
According to the local papers, they just had a sotpgap qb in McNair who gave them one decent year and then injuries and they feel that they don't want to do that again especially with a new coach in place.

BUT FAVRE WILL BE WAY BETTER THAN WHOEVER THEY START! WINNING NOW IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!! START THE QB WHO GIVES YOU THE BETTER CHANCE! FUCK TEAM CHEMISTRY AND LONG TERM PLANS!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

not directed at you ziggy

Freak Out
07-29-2008, 07:57 PM

BUT FAVRE WILL BE WAY BETTER THAN WHOEVER THEY START! WINNING NOW IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!! START THE QB WHO GIVES YOU THE BETTER CHANCE! FUCK TEAM CHEMISTRY AND LONG TERM PLANS!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Get back on the Meds Falco....this is a business...no reason to get the blood pressure maxed. Deep breaths......

falco
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM

Get back on the Meds Falco....this is a business...no reason to get the blood pressure maxed. Deep breaths......

sorry ever since T-WILL went down i've been wound a little tight

Freak Out
07-29-2008, 08:01 PM

sorry ever since T-WILL went down i've been wound a little tight

:lol:

I saw that but thought it was not serious?

Partial
07-29-2008, 09:24 PM

winning now? They went 13-3. Winning now is what matters!!!!!!!! 3 years from now what are the odds of that in modern NFL with free agency? Piss poor.

boiga
07-29-2008, 09:34 PM
winning now? They went 13-3. Winning now is what matters!!!!!!!! 3 years from now what are the odds of that in modern NFL with free agency? Piss poor.Uhm, Partial... The baltimore ravens went 5-11 last year. That's why falco was mocking their refusal to bet on another stopgap quarterback.

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2008, 10:01 PM

Still waiting. Tampa Bay is logical, but it obviously wasn't on the verge of happening.

MJZiggy
07-29-2008, 10:41 PM
winning now? They went 13-3. Winning now is what matters!!!!!!!! 3 years from now what are the odds of that in modern NFL with free agency? Piss poor.Uhm, Partial... The baltimore ravens went 5-11 last year. That's why falco was mocking their refusal to bet on another stopgap quarterback.

Apparently Partial's wound a little tight with T-Will out as well... :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
07-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Yep. That's what I heard as well. ESPN also noted that Baltimore has some big player contracts ending at the end of this season and will have to shell out some big cash and adding Favre's 12M to the cap won't help things if he decides to play 2-3 yrs.

Partial
07-29-2008, 11:37 PM

He was mocking the Packers...

boiga
07-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Reread the quote he was responding to. When did the Packers have "a sotpgap qb in McNair" ...?

Partial
07-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Reread the quote he was responding to. When did the Packers have "a sotpgap qb in McNair" ...?

Right, he was clearly making the statement of the importance to go with A-Rod for longevity versus going with Favre to win for this year. Most Favre supporters are thinking super bowl. Most Rodgers supporters are, well, not.

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2008, 11:53 PM
I don't see a trade happening. Favre doesn't want a stinkin trade, he wants a release.

SkinBasket
07-30-2008, 07:15 AM

He was mocking the Packers...

Actually I think he was mocking you.

Fritz
07-30-2008, 08:19 AM
So much for inside scoops.

mission
07-30-2008, 08:21 AM
but fuckit.. we heard it here first at least!

thank god.

ahaha
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM

Right, he was clearly making the statement of the importance to go with A-Rod for longevity versus going with Favre to win for this year. Most Favre supporters are thinking super bowl. Most Rodgers supporters are, well, not.

I'm a Rodgers supporter, and I'm thinking Super Bowl. Why not? He may not be "proven", but the Packer organization seems to believe in him. He's playing on a team that obviously has talent. And, history is full of "first year starting QB's" that played well. And, there have been unproven guys to step in and win the Super Bowl in their first years as the starter. (Ben Rothlisburger, Kurt Warner, and Tom Brady)

BallHawk
07-30-2008, 12:29 PM

We only need an Eli Manning performance from Aaron this season and we're a Super Bowl contender, easy as that.

I expect that with Aaron we'll contend for a Super Bowl.

boiga
07-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Yup, I think it's a fair expectation to reach the SB in the next 5 years with the amount of young talent on this team.

RashanGary
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm thinking SB with Rodgers. I fear big games with Brett around.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm thinking SB with Rodgers. I fear big games with Brett around.

Right on.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:34 PM
Yup, I think it's a fair expectation to reach the SB in the next 5 years with the amount of young talent on this team.

At the very least, I expect Rodgers to have more than 3 playoff wins within the next 10 years.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
We only need an Eli Manning performance from Aaron this season and we're a Super Bowl contender, easy as that.

Clearly, you missed the egg that our defense laid on the field against the NYG...as well as the egg our running game also laid.

You also must have missed the season Eli Manning had:

Completions = 56.1% (yucky)
Yardage = 3,336 (mediocre)
TDs = 23 (decent)
INTs = 20 (awful)
QB rating = 73.9 (blah)

I sure as hell don't want that. Green Bay will be lucky to break .500 if Rodgers plays like that.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:41 PM

Clearly, you missed the egg that our defense laid on the field against the NYG

Held em to 20 points in regulation.

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 12:42 PM

Clearly, you missed the egg that our defense laid on the field against the NYG...as well as the egg our running game also laid.

TDs = 23 (decent)
INTs = 20 (awful)
QB rating = 73.9 (blah)

I sure as hell don't want that. Green Bay will be lucky to break .500 if Rodgers plays like that.You forgot one stat:

Super Bowl ring = 1.

If that gets the Packers a championship, IM all for it.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:43 PM

TDs = 23 (decent)
INTs = 20 (awful)
QB rating = 73.9 (blah)

I sure as hell don't want that. Green Bay will be lucky to break .500 if Rodgers plays like that.You forgot one stat:

Super Bowl ring = 1.

Eli Manning in 2008: 3 playoff wins
Brett Favre since 1998: 3 playoff wins

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 12:45 PM

And that had to do with his TEAM...not just Manning.

That continues to be what you Favre-haters cling to...that Favre alone is the reason we didn't win last year. This conveniently ignores the turds turned in by the running game, defense and coaching staff in the NFCC game.

If Rodgers doesn't get any more support from his team than Favre did against the Giants, he ain't going to win a title either. In fact, Rodgers will have to have his supporting cast do MORE...because Rodgers probably doesn't possess the playmaking capacity Favre had to produce 2 TDs in that NFCC game when no other aspect of the team was functioning well.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM

Gave up 380 total yards.

Couldn't adjust to stop Burress from racking up 154 receiving yards when it was zero degrees.

Allowed the Giants to rack up a 2:1 edge in time of possession, as the Giants had the ball for over 40 minutes in that game.

The defensive performance in that game stunk. Defending it makes you look like an idiot.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM

That continues to be what you Favre-haters cling to...that Favre alone is the reason we didn't win last year. This conveniently ignores the turds turned in by the running game, defense and coaching staff in the NFCC game.

If Rodgers doesn't get any more support from his team than Favre did against the Giants, he ain't going to win a title either. In fact, Rodgers will have to have his supporting cast do MORE...because Rodgers probably doesn't possess the playmaking capacity Favre had to produce 2 TDs in that NFCC game when no other aspect of the team was functioning well.

But its not the first time its happened:

MIN: 4 INTS
ATL: 2 INTS
@sf: 2 INTS
@den: 2 TOs
@stl: 6 INTS

If if was a one time thing, then yeah, ok, but its a repeated thing.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:51 PM

Gave up 380 total yards.

Couldn't adjust to stop Burress from racking up 154 receiving yards when it was zero degrees.

Allowed the Giants to rack up a 2:1 edge in time of possession, as the Giants had the ball for over 40 minutes in that game.

The defensive performance in that game stunk. Defending it makes you look like an idiot.

Does any of that show up on the scoreboard?

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 12:52 PM

If Rodgers doesn't get any more support from his team than Favre did against the Giants, he ain't going to win a title either. In fact, Rodgers will have to have his supporting cast do MORE...because Rodgers probably doesn't possess the playmaking capacity Favre had to produce 2 TDs in that NFCC game when no other aspect of the team was functioning well.This is rich. Rodgers will not have to have his suppr=orting cast do more than Eli's did. If Eli can get to the SB based on what he did with the Giants last year, ARod can get to the SB with the Packers. Both teams are very even in talent. BEsdies how do you even know that Rodgers can't do what Favre did in that game. You don't becuase you refuse to give him that chance. Thats par for the course from somebody that has their lips firmly applied to Favre's ass and can't take them off to breathe in reality.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Does any of that show up on the scoreboard?

Yes.

Time of possession is one of the most crucial stats in football. The defense failed in the 2nd half because they couldn't get off the field.

In zero degree weather, most games are low scoring. Saying "Look, they held the offense to 20 points" in those conditions is ridiculous.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:54 PM

If Rodgers doesn't get any more support from his team than Favre did against the Giants, he ain't going to win a title either. In fact, Rodgers will have to have his supporting cast do MORE...because Rodgers probably doesn't possess the playmaking capacity Favre had to produce 2 TDs in that NFCC game when no other aspect of the team was functioning well.This is rich. Rodgers will not have to have his suppr=orting cast do more than Eli's did. If Eli can get to the SB based on what he did with the Giants last year, ARod can get to the SB with the Packers. Both teams are very even in talent. BEsdies how do you even know that Rodgers can't do what Favre did in that game. You don't becuase you refuse to give him that chance. Thats par for the course from somebody that has their lips firmly applied to Favre's ass and can't take them off to breathe in reality.

Well said. We have tried 2 or 3 different players at every position since 1997. We have tried 3 different HCs and 2 GMs. Except one. Simple deduction can identify the problem. Why not give that final position a shakeup?

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
BEsdies how do you even know that Rodgers can't do what Favre did in that game. You don't becuase you refuse to give him that chance. Thats par for the course from somebody that has their lips firmly applied to Favre's ass and can't take them off to breathe in reality.

Rodgers has no experience. The chances of him having success against a well coached defense with an impressive front 7...and without any support from his running game or defense...are pretty slim.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 12:58 PM
Well said. We have tried 2 or 3 different players at every position since 1997. We have tried 3 different HCs and 2 GMs. Except one. Simple deduction can identify the problem. Why not give that final position a shakeup?

Because that one guy is the reason the Packers have only had one losing season in the last 16.

You prove my point. Favre is the ONLY constant in the success of Green Bay since 1992. That isn't just a coincidence...Favre is one of the best QBs in the NFL history, and remains one of the better QBs in the today's NFL even past his prime.

Rodgers might be able to do some good things in Green Bay. He isn't likely to ever accomplish even half of what Favre did. Few QBs ever will.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:58 PM
BEsdies how do you even know that Rodgers can't do what Favre did in that game. You don't becuase you refuse to give him that chance. Thats par for the course from somebody that has their lips firmly applied to Favre's ass and can't take them off to breathe in reality.

Rodgers has no experience. The chances of him having success against a well coached defense with an impressive front 7...and without any support from his running game or defense...are pretty slim.

1st year QBs who have taken their teams to the conference game SB, or far into the playoffs.

Garrard
Big Ben
Warner
Rex
Romo
Marino
Delhomme
Brady

39 year old QBs who have taken their teams to the conferece game SB, or far into the playoffs.

None.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 12:59 PM

Because that one guy is the reason the Packers have only had one losing season in the last 16.

You prove my point. Favre is the ONLY constant in the success of Green Bay since 1992. That isn't just a coincidence...Favre is one of the best QBs in the NFL history, and remains one of the better QBs in the today's NFL even past his prime.

Rodgers might be able to do some good things in Green Bay. He isn't likely to ever accomplish even half of what Favre did. Few QBs ever will.

Hey, if your cool with mediocracy....

cpk1994
07-30-2008, 01:00 PM

Rodgers has no experience. The chances of him having success against a well coached defense with an impressive front 7...and without any support from his running game or defense...are pretty slim.But you still don't know do you? As mentioned earlier, Ben Rothlesburegr, Tom Brady, and Kurt Warner have all led teams to championships in their first year as starter.No reason the ARod can't with this team. But you don't care as you refuse to give him a chance and find out.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 01:07 PM

Rodgers has no experience. The chances of him having success against a well coached defense with an impressive front 7...and without any support from his running game or defense...are pretty slim.But you still don't know do you? As mentioned earlier, Ben Rothlesburegr, Tom Brady, and Kurt Warner have all led teams to championships in their first year as starter.No reason the ARod can't with this team. But you don't care as you refuse to give him a chance and find out.

Your are correct. He refuses to see the evidence

1st year QBs who have taken their teams to the conference game SB, or far into the playoffs.

Garrard
Big Ben
Warner
Rex
Romo
Marino
Delhomme
Brady

39 year old QBs who have taken their teams to the conferece game SB, or far into the playoffs.

None.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM

What evidence is there that Rodgers will be a success?

Please produce it.

I know Favre is a success. I've seen it on the field for 16 years.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM

Please produce it.

Ah, you said Rodgers wont be a success because he is inexerienced. And I present you this:

Garrard
Big Ben
Warner
Rex
Romo
Marino
Delhomme
Brady

None.

The Leaper
07-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Ah, you said Rodgers wont be a success because he is inexerienced. And I present you this

Fine.

It still isn't evidence that Rodgers will be a success, or that Favre is doomed to failure in 2008 if he were to play.

That's my point. Clearly, you've got nothing.

Chevelle2
07-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Ah, you said Rodgers wont be a success because he is inexerienced. And I present you this

Fine.

It still isn't evidence that Rodgers will be a success, or that Favre is doomed to failure in 2008 if he were to play.

I never said it was a guarantee. I said history points to Rodgers having a better chance of success than Favre.

Gunakor
07-30-2008, 01:41 PM

Please produce it.

I know Favre has failed when it counted most. I've seen it on the field for the last 10 years.

What evidence is there that Rodgers WON'T be a success? Please produce it.

Leaper, it's time to embrace the unknown. Odds are with Favre we will NOT win a SB, and I have a decade of unspectacular if not downright awful playoff performances to back me up on that one. It's time for a change, and it's time for us all to embrace that change. The unknown looks a helluva lot better to me right now than a QB who is proven to LOSE in the playoffs. Maybe Rodgers will get us over that hump and maybe he won't, but I am pretty sure that Favre can't do it anymore no matter how many more chances we give him.

BallHawk
07-30-2008, 01:50 PM
There is no evidence on either side.

This is where hopes are either proven correct or proven false. If there was evidence one way or another I think that would of been taking into account.

Sometimes you've just gotta take a calculated guess and go with your gut.

That's what the Packers are doing.

Sparkey
07-30-2008, 03:40 PM

Fine.

Realistically, there are no guarantees either way. Part of the problem is how to define success. If the ultimate goal is to win a SuperBowl, then Favre has only been successful one time in 17 years. As far as statistical accomplishments; His records include: most career NFL touchdown passes (442), most career NFL passing yards (61,655), most career pass completions (5,377), most career pass attempts (8,758), most career NFL interceptions thrown (288). All of these are as much a result of longevity as they are ability.

As for the two SuperBowls Favre participated in. The first Desmond Howard was named MVP and their defense was stiffling. The next year, with a defense not quite as good, the team failed.

A past qb of the Packers, was Starr. Starr's Packers won NFL Championships in the 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, and 1967 seasons. Following the NFL championships in 1966 and 1967, he led the Packers to convincing victories over the champions of the rival AFL in the first two Super Bowls and was named the Most Valuable Player of both games. He is the only player to quarterback a team to five NFL championships.

My whole point is, when Starr retired, I would venture that many people said that the Packers would never see another qb that good. Then Favre retired and the same claims are levied, albeit by different people.... So to assume Rodgers can't succeed is being blind to the past.

Will Rodgers be as good as Favre ? Maybe, maybe not. He might be better or he might be worse. Only time will tell, but history does show that as players reach their 40's, their abilities can and almost always decline rather quickly.

mission
07-30-2008, 03:44 PM

TDs = 23 (decent)
INTs = 20 (awful)
QB rating = 73.9 (blah)

I sure as hell don't want that. Green Bay will be lucky to break .500 if Rodgers plays like that.

I go to bed and you completely forget my posts ... backtracking a lot... you should *get it* by now.

We know what Favre can do.

Not quite enough.

Either Rodgers = "not quite enough" or "just enough" but either way, there's a chance for a different outcome.

This is kindergarten math. You should be able to figure it out.

The Gunshooter
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
It is insane to continue to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results. This offseason Favre would not commit himself after $hitting the bed again in the playoffs. Just listen to his retirement speech, he wears his heart on his shirt sleeve. His mental and emotional surrender is obvious to me. Mentally he just can't commit, mentally he can't walk away either. A week later he changes his mind! TT and MM just had to take the ball away from him especially considering they are so high on Rodgers. They knew a $hitstorm was coming from the fans but they have to weather it or it is going to set them back a couple years if not forever.

Redbelly
07-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Excellent post Sparkey

But I'd go one step further and declair that Bart Starr is the greatest Packer QB of all time

He didn't freeze up in his ice bowl and offer up a pick. Up till now I've cheered Brett on since I overcame the news that RW traded away a #1 pick for "who" back in 92

But Brett looked old and cold in that last game and a much younger - maybe not as talented QB played within himself - relied on his team and won the game - then went on to win the Superbowl - much like Starr did in his day.

Thanks Brett - but lets give the ball to A-Rod now

BTW Gunshooter - thanks for making me laugh out loud at work - "shitstorm" - the visual destroyed me :D

bobblehead
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM

Hmmm....credibility, meet bullet.

Partial
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM

Please produce it.

Ah, you said Rodgers wont be a success because he is inexerienced. And I present you this:

Garrard
Big Ben
Warner
Rex
Romo
Marino
Delhomme
Brady

None.

Those teams were talented before that first year player put them over the top, though. We don't know how good the team is without Favre.

That is a horrendously uneducated and not thought through comparison.

Historically, Favre has been great. No denying that. He was outstanding last year. There is little reason to believe that he can't be 90% of what he was. And that is probably quite a bit better than A-Rod imo.

BallHawk
07-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Mmmm......Per PFT.

GARCIA SUFFERS LEG INJURY

Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia was carted off the practice field today with an apparent leg injury.

WDAE has a photo showing Garcia, still wearing his helmet and shoulder pads, sitting next to a Bucs trainer in a golf cart.

Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Garcia was injured during a non-contact drill. (We’re glad for the “non-contact” clarification. If Bucs coach Jon Gruden were putting Garcia through contact drills, he might as well hang a “Welcome Brett Favre” banner at Bucs camp.)

Per Stroud, Garcia felt discomfort in his right leg as he was rolling out and throwing, and he was seen limping toward the locker room.

Defensive tackle Jovan Haye, who started all 16 games for the Bucs last year, left practice with an apparent groin injury.

Chevelle2
07-31-2008, 12:02 PM

Please produce it.

Garrard
Big Ben
Warner
Rex
Romo
Marino
Delhomme
Brady

None.

Those teams were talented before that first year player put them over the top, though.

Really? The Rams were 3-13 before Warner, the Panthers were 1-15 two years before Delhomme, and the Pats 5-11 before Brady.

GBRulz
07-31-2008, 12:22 PM

Garrard
Big Ben
Warner
Rex
Romo
Marino
Delhomme
Brady

I'm not a stat guru by any means, but when I saw Romo's name on there. I sincerely question the accuracy on this. Wasn't his first year a one and done in the Wild Card playoffs? I don't exactly consider that "going far into the playoffs."

I also question why Rex is on the list. He was actually starting for three years before the Bears went to the SB, yes he was hurt, but your statement here is 1st year QB's.

You're right, the chances of Rodgers being better statistically vs a 39 year old QB are better, no doubt. But do we need to alter stats in an attempt to prove a point?

Freak Out
07-31-2008, 12:34 PM
Mmmm......Per PFT.

GARCIA SUFFERS LEG INJURY

Buccaneers quarterback Jeff Garcia was carted off the practice field today with an apparent leg injury.

WDAE has a photo showing Garcia, still wearing his helmet and shoulder pads, sitting next to a Bucs trainer in a golf cart.

Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times reports that Garcia was injured during a non-contact drill. (We’re glad for the “non-contact” clarification. If Bucs coach Jon Gruden were putting Garcia through contact drills, he might as well hang a “Welcome Brett Favre” banner at Bucs camp.)

Per Stroud, Garcia felt discomfort in his right leg as he was rolling out and throwing, and he was seen limping toward the locker room.

Defensive tackle Jovan Haye, who started all 16 games for the Bucs last year, left practice with an apparent groin injury.

#4 has said he wants to play for the GB Packers but considering how the team has reacted I'm surprised he has refused to talk to the Bucs if he wants to play and win another SB. They have a pretty damn good team and with him have a great shot at making a serious run....hell they have a shot with Garcia at QB.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2008, 12:37 PM
#4 has said he wants to play for the GB Packers but considering how the team has reacted I'm surprised he has refused to talk to the Bucs if he wants to play and win another SB.

He wants to play for GB or MN, that completely explains all of his conduct. And he has some reason to expect that one of those can work out.

What's he really got to lose? HE's near end of his career, might as well go for his top choices.

SudsMcBucky
08-02-2008, 11:48 AM

Yeah, I know. My source is someone within the Packer's FO. I have given him some grief about this. I have never tried to post "insider info" before, and I guess I won't try to in the future anymore, either. He really thought it was closer than what it came to be.

bbbffl66
08-02-2008, 12:04 PM
My whole point is, when Starr retired, I would venture that many people said that the Packers would never see another qb that good. Then Favre retired and the same claims are levied, albeit by different people.... So to assume Rodgers can't succeed is being blind to the past.

Well I for one don't want to wait 30 years for the next title!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Romo

I'm not a stat guru by any means, but when I saw Romo's name on there. I sincerely question the accuracy on this. Wasn't his first year a one and done in the Wild Card playoffs? I don't exactly consider that "going far into the playoffs."

Good point. He did get them to a playoffs in both years, but hasn't won a playoff game.

Iron Mike
08-02-2008, 01:48 PM

Yeah, I know. My source is someone within the Packer's FO. I have given him some grief about this. I have never tried to post "insider info" before, and I guess I won't try to in the future anymore, either. He really thought it was closer than what it came to be.

I'll give you credit for having the guts to admit you were wrong. :bow:

Fritz
08-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Way to own up, Suds.

DonHutson
08-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Who knows, maybe a deal was in place contingent upon Favre talking to Tampa and agreeing to go. It's certainly plausible that the front office was optimistic that Favre would fall in line, since he supposedly wants to play football.

Obviously there will always be suspicions when people claim inside info. But Sud's story at least made some logical sense, and when Favre is one of the players then conditions can change rapidly. I wouldn't let this keep you from posting in the future Suds.

boiga
08-02-2008, 02:52 PM
The GBPG was making a similar complaint actually. According to their podcast, the Jets deal was done and all that was left was to convince Favre to go to New York. Favre balked, so the deal fell through.

These teams want Brett but Brett doesn't want them.

Iron Mike
08-02-2008, 04:01 PM

You know, for somebody that "wants to play" so intently, he sure is picky about where he winds up playing. :roll:

packers11
08-02-2008, 04:03 PM

You know, for somebody that "wants to play" so intently, he sure is picky about where he winds up playing. :roll:

I would too... Who wants to go into a rebuilding mode again? the packers were lucky enough for him to come after a 4-12 season... Imagine A-rod under center after that horrid season, it could have turned out horrible for his future. Favre has 1-2 years left in him, he wants to go to a contender...

Rastak
08-02-2008, 04:05 PM

It's a volitile situation. It's a forum. I don't see the point in ripping a guy passing along information. No big deal suds.

MJZiggy
08-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Then why isn't he in Tampa? Garcia is out, Simms is on the outs and they're a good team.

The Shadow
08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
How about :

Favre to Eagles, to reunite with Andy Reid.
McNabb to Minnesota.

Green Bay receives Lito Sheppard from Philly + 5th round pick
Eagles receive Vikings 2nd and 4th round picks

Vikes get a qb.
Favre does not go to division rival.

Gunakor
08-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Romo

Good point. He did get them to a playoffs in both years, but hasn't won a playoff game.

He messed up as a holder on a FG attempt. He's played well enough at QB in that game to win. You can't really hold that one against him.

NewsBruin
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
EDIT: My bad, I hadn't read the rest of the thread. People are wrong, but not intentionally or maliciously. It happens. Sorry, everyone on the board.

bobblehead
08-07-2008, 12:21 AM

I was just giving shit suds...nothing more. I didn't know what would ultimately happen either, but I like to hear peoples info and opinions...keep it up.