PDA

View Full Version : this is NOT favre vs. the packers

red
07-27-2008, 10:59 AM
i've sat back for awhile and watched a lot of shit get thrown on BF for this whole situation. i think its because a lot of people are picking the packers over the the player that has defined the packers over his carrer

THIS IS NOT BRETT FAVRE vs. THE GREEN BAY PACKERS

this is brett favre vs. ted thompson. and TT is definately not the green bay packers. he's just another small piece of the puzzle. MM is TT's bitch. he was brought in by TT and he'll probably be fired if TT were to be replaced. there is no way MM would go against TT on this one. and murphy is way to new to have any clue as to what is going on.

TT has a massive ego, just as big as bretts. he wants all the credit for the success of this team, and he was never going to get it with brett favre still leading the team. TT finally got the answer he was looking for after he pressed favre to give him an answer. and he ran with it. there was no way TT was going to look back and let favre back after he got the answer he wanted.

brett was wronged IMHO by TT, and the packers have been hurt because of it. yes favre has made mistakes, but TT has made things worse. TT wants favre off his team, but he also doesn't want him to play for anyone else. he just wants favre to go away. which is in no way fair to favre because he wants to play and can still play at a high level. if favre just went away TT would be in the clear. if favre comes back and tt doesn't want him and #4 then goes to another team and lights it up, then TT's job is in trouble IMO

if brett leads someone else to the playoffs and puts up good numbers while a-rod does so-so on a team that misses the playoffs, then TT, MM, and mark murphy might all be out of jobs by this time next year.

TT deserves just as much credit for this whole fiasco as favre does.

history will look back on this moment and judge who was right and wrong

but this is not favre vs. the green bay packers

favre < packers

TT < packers

to pick sides you have to compare the guy who has bled green and gold of a decade and a half for theis team and has defined the green bay packers, or the guy that has been here a few years and is in charge of setting the team up for a future that is at this point uncertain.

gex
07-27-2008, 11:10 AM
i've sat back for awhile and watched a lot of shit get thrown on BF for this whole situation. i think its because a lot of people are picking the packers over the the player that has defined the packers over his carrer

this is brett favre vs. ted thompson. and TT is definately not the green bay packers. he's just another small piece of the puzzle. MM is TT's bitch. he was brought in by TT and he'll probably be fired if TT were to be replaced. there is no way MM would go against TT on this one. and murphy is way to new to have any clue as to what is going on.

TT has a massive ego, just as big as bretts. he wants all the credit for the success of this team, and he was never going to get it with brett favre still leading the team. TT finally got the answer he was looking for after he pressed favre to give him an answer. and he ran with it. there was no way TT was going to look back and let favre back after he got the answer he wanted.

brett was wronged IMHO by TT, and the packers have been hurt because of it. yes favre has made mistakes, but TT has made things worse. TT wants favre off his team, but he also doesn't want him to play for anyone else. he just wants favre to go away. which is in no way fair to favre because he wants to play and can still play at a high level. if favre just went away TT would be in the clear. if favre comes back and tt doesn't want him and #4 then goes to another team and lights it up, then TT's job is in trouble IMO

if brett leads someone else to the playoffs and puts up good numbers while a-rod does so-so on a team that misses the playoffs, then TT, MM, and mark murphy might all be out of jobs by this time next year.

favre < packers

TT < packers

to pick sides you have to compare the guy who has bled green and gold of a decade and a half for theis team and has defined the green bay packers, or the guy that has been here a few years and is in charge of setting the team up for a future that is at this point uncertain.

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

esoxx
07-27-2008, 11:13 AM

Well said red. I haven't posted in several months b/c a lot posters seem to have their own agenda's, push their views to excess and it's tiresome to read.

You have said exactly how I feel about this whole situation.

Carry on.

GrnBay007
07-27-2008, 11:18 AM

favre < packers

TT < packers

:tup:

And to hear TT doesn't want to allow Favre back to compete for his job makes me sick.

son of a vic
07-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah Ted's got such a huge ego, that he brags publicly about the success of last year's team, that came out of nowhere to get to a championship game.

I give Ted credit for not pussyfootin around with Favre, like others before him have.

gbcheese1
07-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I guess you might have overlooked the fact that at the end of March, just weeks after Favre had his big retirement press conference, he wanted to come back. TT who by your accounts ran him out of town welcomed him back then. Brett changed his mind again a few days later and at some point the org. had to move on. This fact alone should tell all the TT haters that he did not run Brett out.

Joemailman
07-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Welcome gbcheese1. I think you've got it right.

It's probably debatable whether TT wanted Favre here. but he was in no position to force Favre out after the season Favre had. Until of course, Favre decided to walk away twice. I'd still like to see Favre here, but this whole situation was 90% Favre's doing.

red
07-27-2008, 11:46 AM
and i bet TT was shitting a brick when favre said he changed his mind and did everything in his power to talk him out of it. remember it came out of TT that he was fine with brett coming back, back then. i have a feeling that statement is BS

if he had no problem with it then why not let him come in now and compete for the job? that is what has me sold on TT not wanting favre in the first place.

whats the harm in letting a-rod and favre fight it out? then you are sure you have the best qb as your starter

boiga
07-27-2008, 11:48 AM
First of all, would you please start capitalizing the first letter in your sentences and consider using commas occasionally? I understand that there are reasonable arguments to be made against the Packer brass over this ordeal, but 5th grade level writing does not help your argument. Sorry, pet peeve.

Second, I don't get why you think TT wronged Brett. What did he do? Do you really think that he should have caved into Brett's demands to keep Wahle and Rivera even though it would have bankrupted the team? How could he have brought Moss in if Randy didn't want to come here in the first place? And can you really argue that Mooch would have been a better coach than McCarthy?

What did TT do that would validate Favre trying to jump ship to the Vikings? What could possibly justify his abandoning his team mates and his fans? How much coddling should Ted really have done? Should is be in his job description to go down to Mississippi and beg Brett to come back for the THIRD off season in a row?

Face it, Favre left the PACKERS, not Ted Thompson. TT's best interest IS the Packers' best interest because both want winning seasons. Brett wants to play for the vikings and give them a winning season.

If Brett had his way, he'd be a Vike by now and the opening game WOULD be Brett Favre vs the Packers.

Edit:
and i bet TT was shitting a brick when favre said he changed his mind and did everything in his power to talk him out of it. remember it came out of TT that he was fine with brett coming back, back then. i have a feeling that statement is BS If it were BS, why hasn't the Favre camp denied it? There's also the proof of the plane they chartered to bring him back from Miss in style. They wanted Brett back, he refused.

My interpretation was that at that point that decided that unless Favre was 100% committed to being a Packer again, they weren't going to bring him back again. Even in June, he couldn't claim to be 100% committed to playing, so M3 disregarded his coy hinting. By the time they Favre did decide he was 100% committed to playing, he had already decided that he wanted to be released to play for the vikes. What chance did they have to make things right by that point?

Brando19
07-27-2008, 11:54 AM
First of all, would you please start capitalizing the first letter in your sentences and consider using commas occasionally? I understand that there are reasonable arguments to be made against the Packer brass over this ordeal, but 5th grade level writing does not help your argument. Sorry, pet peeve.

Second, I don't get why you think TT wronged Brett. What did he do? Do you really think that he should have caved into Brett's demands to keep Wahle and Rivera even though it would have bankrupted the team? How could he have brought Moss in if Randy didn't want to come here in the first place? And can you really argue that Mooch would have been a better coach than McCarthy?

What did TT do that would validate Favre trying to jump ship to the Vikings? What could possibly justify his abandoning his team mates and his fans? How much coddling should Ted really have done? Should is be in his job description to go down to Mississippi and beg Brett to come back for the THIRD off season in a row?

Face it, Favre left the PACKERS, not Ted Thompson. TT's best interest IS the Packers' best interest because both want winning seasons. Brett wants to play for the vikings and give them a winning season.

If Brett had his way, he'd be a Vike by now and the opening game WOULD be Brett Favre vs the Packers.

An English teacher would give you an F on your argument, as well. You've capitalized a few words that shouldn't be and you didn't capitalize the V in Vikings. Also, bankrupted? I'll have to check that word. Sorry, pet peeve. :roll:

falco
07-27-2008, 12:19 PM

you can take your pet peeve and shove it up your ass, we don't need grammar nazis here

The Shadow
07-27-2008, 12:41 PM

1. this is brett favre vs. ted thompson. and TT is definately not the green bay packers. he's just another small piece of the puzzle. MM is TT's bitch. he was brought in by TT and he'll probably be fired if TT were to be replaced. there is no way MM would go against TT on this one. and murphy is way to new to have any clue as to what is going on.

2.TT has a massive ego, just as big as bretts. he wants all the credit for the success of this team, and he was never going to get it with brett favre still leading the team. TT finally got the answer he was looking for after he pressed favre to give him an answer. and he ran with it. there was no way TT was going to look back and let favre back after he got the answer he wanted.

favre < packers

TT < packers

3.to pick sides you have to compare the guy who has bled green and gold of a decade and a half for theis team and has defined the green bay packers, or the guy that has been here a few years and is in charge of setting the team up for a future that is at this point uncertain.

1. Why is a player - OR a GM - the Green Bay Packers? I was a Packer fan long before Favre was even born, and I will continue to be one (hopefully) long after both are long gone.
2. Don't 'massive egos' constantly strut before the media, and attempt to keep their names constantly in the media spotlight? I don't remember seeing Ted on Greta's show, can't recall his yearly retirement threats, and don't remember hearing from his mom, agent, or brother.
3. It's not about picking sides. It's merely looking at the situation objectively, not emotionally, and supporting what's best for the Green bay Packers.
Why is objectivity such a hurdle for the Cult?

ahaha
07-27-2008, 12:47 PM

Thompson's job is to set up success for the Packers. Favre has asked for his release. Somehow, I don't think Favre as a Viking is in the best interest of the Packers. Unless you think he's doing it to screw them over by retiring half-way through the season. Favre wants what's best for Favre, not the Packers.

RashanGary
07-27-2008, 12:48 PM

Wow, Outstanding quote.

RashanGary
07-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Ted and the rest of the team seem to be doing what is in the best interest of the Green Bay Packers. Favre seems to be doing what's best for Favre. That is hard to argue.

cpk1994
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
and i bet TT was shitting a brick when favre said he changed his mind and did everything in his power to talk him out of it. remember it came out of TT that he was fine with brett coming back, back then. i have a feeling that statement is BS

if he had no problem with it then why not let him come in now and compete for the job? that is what has me sold on TT not wanting favre in the first place.

whats the harm in letting a-rod and favre fight it out? then you are sure you have the best qb as your starterYou obviously didn't see Brett's interview with Greta on FoxNews. You know the one where he REFUSED to compete for the job. Brett WON"T compete for the job. Your massive hatred of TT has has rendered your brain useless. Not suprising you leave that part out.

RashanGary
07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Favre wants to be released to be a Viking

The only reason he's showing up to camp is to "call their bluff" to make a circus.

The Packers ARE committed to moving forward. If Brett had any "give-a-shit" in him to the organization that supported him through his struggles with drugs and paid him around 100 million dollars over the last 15 years then he'd just stay away and take a trade that works for both parties. It's over. He knows it. He doesn't have to make it ugly as possible on the way out.

Bretsky
07-27-2008, 10:26 PM

Well said red. I haven't posted in several months b/c a lot posters seem to have their own agenda's, push their views to excess and it's tiresome to read.

Carry on.

:clap:

Partial
07-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Favre wants to be released to be a Viking

The only reason he's showing up to camp is to "call their bluff" to make a circus.

The Packers ARE committed to moving forward. If Brett had any "give-a-shit" in him to the organization that supported him through his struggles with drugs and paid him around 100 million dollars over the last 15 years then he'd just stay away and take a trade that works for both parties. It's over. He knows it. He doesn't have to make it ugly as possible on the way out.

Ryan Grant missed camp and the entire off-season. He's a bad teammate, and it'd be really unfair to Brandon Jackson if they let Grant come back onto the roster.

prsnfoto
07-28-2008, 02:39 AM
Yeah Ted's got such a huge ego, that he brags publicly about the success of last year's team, that came out of nowhere to get to a championship game.

I give Ted credit for not pussyfootin around with Favre, like others before him have.

Ya you are right they should have stuck with Majik he would have lead us to 5 SB's just like he did the Colts. :roll: :roll:

prsnfoto
07-28-2008, 02:42 AM

whats the harm in letting a-rod and favre fight it out? then you are sure you have the best qb as your starterYou obviously didn't see Brett's interview with Greta on FoxNews. You know the one where he REFUSED to compete for the job. Brett WON"T compete for the job. Your massive hatred of TT has has rendered your brain useless. Not suprising you leave that part out.

Edited for content. Personal threats are not tolerated.

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Ryan Grant missed camp and the entire off-season. He's a bad teammate, and it'd be really unfair to Brandon Jackson if they let Grant come back onto the roster.

It's not about what is "fair" for Rodgers.

Ryan Grant has said from day 1 that he wants to play for the Packers this year. Ryan Grant is not under contract. Ryan Grant has not tried to get out from his contract and asked to be released. Ryan Grant is not due to make over $10 million this year. The Packers didn't draft two running backs to take the backup spot behind Brandon Jackson. Ryan Grant has not publicly dragged the Packers through the mud. Ryan Grant has not let his family and agent talk badly about the Packers. Ryan Grant is not a year or less from retirement. Ryan Grant does not play QB. Ryan Grant is not nearly 40 years old and has been in GB working with the team all off-season.

I would love for Favre to be the starter this year. He had several chances to do so. I don't think he wants to, but I think he's too chickenshit to admit it to us Packer fans:

Before asking to come back the last time he let his family and agent sling insults at the Packers. He made zero effort to calm the situation down, he makes a single phone call asking to come back and then immediately asks for his release, he gives an interview where he complains about the GM moves and states he would have preferred a different head coach. Does this sound like the actions of a man that is trying to convince the Packers to take him back? No.

Badgerinmaine
07-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I tend to think that Jim Litke's pretty much hit the target here:
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/25978694.html

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 10:11 AM
I guess you might have overlooked the fact that at the end of March, just weeks after Favre had his big retirement press conference, he wanted to come back. TT who by your accounts ran him out of town welcomed him back then. Brett changed his mind again a few days later and at some point the org. had to move on. This fact alone should tell all the TT haters that he did not run Brett out.

When did it start and with what? :idea:

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 10:16 AM

Carry on.

Hello again essox, nice to see you Packer fan. :D Of course esoxx,

Of ALL RESPECT and ' to all '.

and RED... my hats off to YOU MAN! Very 8-) .

PACKERS FOREVER!

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 10:19 AM

Maybe after he let his family and agent sling insults at the Packers?

Or could it have been after he reportedly told Campen that the Vikings were interested in him?

Maybe they were still on the fence up until he asked for a release?

Maybe he never wanted Favre there and was waiting for a good excuse?

Why do you ask when we'll probably never know anyway? Wouldn't it be equally important to know when Favre decided he wanted to play elsewhere?

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 10:26 AM

you can take your pet peeve and shove it up your ass, we don't need grammar nazis here

Yes of course falco and YOU. Do you see a mirror around where you are at the present? I suggest YOU look hard at yourself in any mirror.

I suggest it's possibly a good time to STOP being petty. I suggest that in your judgement of others, as decent as I assume you try and need 'to LIVE' man. You come just to that; or a resonable attempt at exercising restraint in judgement.

I suggest that ' as a friend ', fellow Packer fan and member of this. OUR Packer Home. In your ' best interests ' falco. :idea:

PACKERS ' in PACKERRATS ' FOREVER!

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM

Or could it have been after he reportedly told Campen that the Vikings were interested in him?

Why do you ask when we'll probably never know anyway? Wouldn't it be equally important to know when Favre decided he wanted to play elsewhere?

With ' all respect for you ', and in terms totally related to 'the big picture '. Brett Favre is still 'a Green Bay Packer ', the last I understood, and even today. :D

Packers Forever!

gex
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM

Don't think he had control over what other people said, that falls more on "the god-damed media" digging for anything, IMO

Probably

Very good possibility

YES

YES

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 10:35 AM

Edited for content. Personal threats are not tolerated.

I feel what YOU mean man. Some people, alot of the times. :D

We are stronger. :idea:

PACKERS FOREVER!

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 10:54 AM

With ' all respect for you ', and in terms totally related to 'the big picture '. Brett Favre is still 'a Green Bay Packer ', the last I understood, and even today. :D

Packers Forever!

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved for Favre to come back and play another year. I defended him while he played and after he retired and I still do. However, I can not in all fairness defend his actions, or lack of actions, over the past couple weeks

As for Favre still being a Green Bay Packer, he Brett Favre has yet to unretire and show up to play. IMO, that makes him less of a Packer than TT and MM and a whole lot of other players and coaches. Even if he does show up, IMHO, he's less of a Packer than those players who have put the effort in all off-season and have not requested to be released so that they don't have to honor their contract to the Green Bay Packers.

I absolutely hate to see fans splitting and taking sides as if it is the Packers against Favre; however, Favre seems to be fueling that fire (or aleast not making serious efforts to put it out). At numerous points he could have made a serious effort to smooth things over to truly make a comeback as a Packer and perhaps he could even now. The path he has chosen and continues to take was poor IMO and seems to be centered around the concerns of Favre, not the Packers.

Brett Favre of the past is arguably the greatest Packer of all time. Brett Favre of this year sounds like he is only contractually a Packer and only as long as he is forced to be so.

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Don't think he had control over what other people said, that falls more on "the god-damed media" digging for anything, IMO[/b]

I agree that the media was trying to stir things up.

At the time, I dismissed the comments as being from his family and not from him; however, at the time I did not know he was serious about coming back. I would expect him to take a few minutes out of the day to defend his coach, his GM and his team (assuming he was serious about playing for them). The situation was already going to be difficult. Maybe I expect too much?

PackerBlues
07-28-2008, 12:42 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=776950

More proof that Thompson is a two-faced piece of shit...........

"That's just bogus," said Favre. "I don't have a Packers cell phone. Never have. I told Ted that he and (coach Mike) McCarthy needed to clear up this cell phone thing. I told him they needed to get in front of the media and admit that I don't have one of their cell phones. And Ted said, 'Well, I think somebody already squashed that.' But that isn't enough. They need to get up and admit it's ridiculous and bogus."

Anyone want to guess why Thompson never squashed this rumor when it started? My guess is that he started it in the first place.

boiga
07-28-2008, 12:47 PM
How is thompson two faced over that? He didn't start the rumor, Florio did. So why is it Ted's job to quash it?

Someone from the packers did let it be known that the Packers don't give out cell phones the next day, they just didn't think it was worth a full press conference. Brett only got pissed because it made him look like a fool, but he's been doing a good enough job of that himself this last month so he should probably just get over it.

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 12:53 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=776950

More proof that Thompson is a two-faced piece of shit...........

"That's just bogus," said Favre. "I don't have a Packers cell phone. Never have. I told Ted that he and (coach Mike) McCarthy needed to clear up this cell phone thing. I told him they needed to get in front of the media and admit that I don't have one of their cell phones. And Ted said, 'Well, I think somebody already squashed that.' But that isn't enough. They need to get up and admit it's ridiculous and bogus."

Anyone want to guess why Thompson never squashed this rumor when it started? My guess is that he started it in the first place.

Double standard. Brett didn't bother getting off his ass to clear anything up until he started to look bad. Even then he was defending himself and taking shots at the Packers.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 12:56 PM

Packers Forever!

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved for Favre to come back and play another year. I defended him while he played and after he retired and I still do. However, I can not in all fairness defend his actions, or lack of actions, over the past couple weeks

As for Favre still being a Green Bay Packer, he Brett Favre has yet to unretire and show up to play. IMO, that makes him less of a Packer than TT and MM and a whole lot of other players and coaches. Even if he does show up, IMHO, he's less of a Packer than those players who have put the effort in all off-season and have not requested to be released so that they don't have to honor their contract to the Green Bay Packers.

I absolutely hate to see fans splitting and taking sides as if it is the Packers against Favre; however, Favre seems to be fueling that fire (or aleast not making serious efforts to put it out). At numerous points he could have made a serious effort to smooth things over to truly make a comeback as a Packer and perhaps he could even now. The path he has chosen and continues to take was poor IMO and seems to be centered around the concerns of Favre, not the Packers.

Brett Favre of the past is arguably the greatest Packer of all time. Brett Favre of this year sounds like he is only contractually a Packer and only as long as he is forced to be so.

I won't disagree with you but. . .

Favre has to play this out his way. Brett Favre knows Ted Thompsons style. Favre's felt it even as some here have seen it. I really believe that Favre is Ted Thompsons best friend as this is shaking out.

Favre is a very decent human being and has pressure on him but certainly not in the sense of heat Ted thompson is under and will remain under if he slips up 'in the final outcome'. He's also strong and that entails a lot that I hope I understand as truth.

Ted Thompson simply must convince his boss's to allow Favre another season. Obviously Brett Favre is ready and deserves just that. He want to be what he deserves to be. A starting QB on a contender.

TRADE FAVRE!?? NO!

Best case scenario and the above. WOW! :D The Green Bay Packers.

It's not magical thinking. It's easy and common sense. Nothing else works.

PACKERS FOREVER!

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2008, 12:59 PM
Ted Thompson simply must convince his boss's to allow Favre another season. Obviously Brett Favre is ready and deserves just that. He want to be what he deserves to be. A starting QB on a contender.

TRADE FAVRE!?? NO!

Favre may have screwed up his chances to be a starting QB on a contender. You say he deserves it. Maybe. But he retired, and unretired and retired again and unretired again.

Decisions have consequences. We don't always get what we "deserve" in life.

PackerBlues
07-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Double standard. Brett didn't bother getting off his ass to clear anything up until he started to look bad. Even then he was defending himself and taking shots at the Packers.

Sure, and letting the cell phone bullshit linger didn't help make Favre look bad?

Not that the Packers are doing that great of a job with their image altogether anyways.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=776889

With shit like this in the media on top of the Favre mess................

"I can't believe after 5 1/2 months, after the Packers said to us that this was a unique situation, that the Packers take care of their own, that we would get in a situation as unreasonable as this," Herman said. "I've never seen anything like that in my 24 years in the business."

Asked how Grant felt about the offer, Herman said, "He was as mad as I've ever heard him. He's really angry."

I never thought that Thompson was good for anything other than drafting players, and here is more proof. Grant is seen Nationally on television in a fantasy football commercial, where they point out that Grant gained over a 1,000 yards rushing and however many TD's in just ten games.
Now, that same nationally known player is saying that he felt insulted by the Packers first offer.

Ted has been doing a bang-up job of making the Packers look like the team that everyone should want to play for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:10 PM
How is thompson two faced over that? He didn't start the rumor, Florio did. So why is it Ted's job to quash it?

Someone from the packers did let it be known that the Packers don't give out cell phones the next day, they just didn't think it was worth a full press conference. Brett only got pissed because it made him look like a fool, but he's been doing a good enough job of that himself this last month so he should probably just get over it.

and. . . .

We're well aware of the way that Ted Thompson struggles with PR 101.

In fairness to Ted. Ted's also rather shy.

woodbuck27
07-28-2008, 01:15 PM

Sure, and letting the cell phone bullshit linger didn't help make Favre look bad?

Not that the Packers are doing that great of a job with their image altogether anyways.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=776889

With shit like this in the media on top of the Favre mess................

"I can't believe after 5 1/2 months, after the Packers said to us that this was a unique situation, that the Packers take care of their own, that we would get in a situation as unreasonable as this," Herman said. "I've never seen anything like that in my 24 years in the business."

Asked how Grant felt about the offer, Herman said, "He was as mad as I've ever heard him. He's really angry."

I never thought that Thompson was good for anything other than drafting players, and here is more proof. Grant is seen Nationally on television in a fantasy football commercial, where they point out that Grant gained over a 1,000 yards rushing and however many TD's in just ten games.
Now, that same nationally known player is saying that he felt insulted by the Packers first offer.

Ted has been doing a bang-up job of making the Packers look like the team that everyone should want to play for. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The final showdown. Time to stand in and fight the good fight.

" Do I see a waabbit? Is that a waabbit? . . . Yesss... I dooo.

Bring it on ' you dirty wrascal '. " Elmer Fudd :D

sharpe1027
07-28-2008, 01:15 PM

No it did not help Favre's image. That is what a a double standard means, similiar situations with different expectations.

Besides, someone mentioned that the packers let it be known that the Packers don't give out cell phones the next day.